SLOW COOKER ROAST LAMB LEG WITH GRAVY
Recipe video above. The easiest, most succulent roast lamb you'll ever have! This is not the carving sort of lamb, you can just tear the meat off using tongs.
Provided by Nagi
Categories Dinner Slow Cooker
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place lamb in slow cooker or on work surface. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme or rosemary and garlic. Drizzle over oil, then rub on both sides.
- Pour beef stock into slow cooker, add sprig of rosemary (if using).
- SLOW COOK on low for 10 hours, or pressure cook on high for 1 hour 40 minutes. (See oven version here)
- The lamb should be tender enough to pull off with tongs, but still holding together (just!). Carefully remove lamb from slow cooker and transfer to tray.
- Drizzle lightly with oil (any). Bake at 200C/390F for 20 minutes or until browned. Remove and rest for 10 minutes before serving with gravy.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 357 g, Calories 747 kcal
GREEK SLOW ROASTED LEG OF LAMB
In my books, there are only 2 ways to roast a leg of lamb - with a hint of pink so it's juicy (30 minutes per kg/2lb) or cooked loooooong and slow until tender. Anything in between = dry, tough meat. This recipe is the Greek way of roasting lamb - slow roasted until tender, braised in a lemon garlic thyme broth that reduces down to a sauce. The sauce is completely different to the thick gravy you are probably used to. This sauce is not thickened with flour, it is lemony, herby and garlicky so it cuts through the richness of the lamb. This is easier and far more foolproof than traditional roast leg of lamb because you don't need to worry about overcooking it.
Provided by Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 240°C/465°F (220°C fan). (Note 2)
- Use a small knife to make around 25 incisions all over the lamb, with most on the top.
- Cut around 6 cloves into slivers and stuff them into the incisions.
- Sprinkle the lamb generously all over with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Drizzle with olive oil and rub all over the lamb.
- Place the lamb in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes or until it has a nice brown crust.
- Remove from the oven. Turn the oven down to 180°C/350°F (160°C fan).
- Turn the lamb upside down. Pour / place all the remaining ingredients in the pan around the lamb (including remaining garlic cloves). Fill the roasting pan with hot water so it comes up about 1/4 - 1/3 of the way up the height of the lamb.
- Cover with lid or with baking/parchment paper then 2 layers of foil. Bake for 3.5 hours. (Note 3) Top up water if it dries out (e.g. Might happen if your lid is loose)
- Remove the roast from the oven and remove the lid/foil. Turn the lamb over so it is the right side up.
- Cover again and roast for a further 2 1/2 hours, or until you can pull meat apart with forks.
- Remove cover and roast for a further 20 - 30 minutes (to brown). (Note 3)
- Remove from the oven and transfer lamb to serving platter. Cover loosely with foil and rest for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Strain liquid into a clear jug. The fat will rise to the top. Scoop/pour most of it off - I get 3/4 - 1 cup. There should be 2 - 3 cups of Sauce left. Adjust salt, pepper and lemon to taste.
- Serve lamb with the Sauce on the side and Truly Crunchy Roast Potatoes (heat oil while lamb is in the oven, then cook potatoes when the lamb is resting).
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB
- Preheat oven to 335°F. In a large roasting pan, place garlic, onion and rosemary.
- Place the lamb leg on top of the garlic, onion and rosemary. Season the whole lamb leg generously with salt and pepper and rub it in. Then, Drizzle olive oil over the lamb leg.
- Then, pour broth and water around the lamb.
- Cover with foil. It's better to use foil instead of a lid because you want a bit of liquid to steam out.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast for about 4-4.5 hours. Time will depend on the size of your lamb leg. Then, remove the roasting pan from the oven and remove foil so you can turn lamb over. Return the pan to the oven, but this time uncovered.
- Roast for more 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and using a spoon, pour all over the lamb leg some pan juices before serving.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 /8, Calories 444 kcal, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 876 mg, Sugar 2 g, Protein 56 g, UnsaturatedFat 9 g
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB
If you're slow-roasting lamb, it comes out so tender you don't need a knife to cut it. And when I say slow, I mean slow - 7 hours. And I am roasting the leg of lamb in the oven, not in a slow cooker. Tastes great served with Dauphinoise potatoes or mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Provided by cornishbird
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Lamb Leg
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Place carrots and garlic in a roasting pan large enough for the leg of lamb. Place lamb on top. Pour in wine and lamb stock. Place roasting pan on the stove and heat over medium-low heat until liquid is boiling. Cover the roasting pan tightly with aluminum foil, using oven mitts to protect your hands, and place in the oven.
- Roast in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) for medium, about 7 hours. Remove from the oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Transfer lamb into a second roasting pan.
- Roast lamb uncovered until skin is crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest before slicing.
- While lamb is resting, pour cooking juices from the first roasting pan into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced into a gravy, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 474.3 calories, Carbohydrate 10.2 g, Cholesterol 137.2 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 63.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 1589.6 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
SLOW-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB
Make and share this Slow-Roasted Leg of Lamb recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Robbie 22
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 170°C/335°F (standard) or 150°C (fan).
- Place garlic, onion and rosemary in a metal roasting pan.
- Place lamb leg right side up in the pan. (Note 2).
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and rub it inches.
- Turn lamb over and place it so it mostly sits on the garlic and onion. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper, rub it inches (Video helpful here).
- Drizzle lamb with olive oil. Pour broth and water around the lamb - it won't cover it, that's ok, the lamb sinks into it. Cover with foil (don't use a lid, you want a bit of liquid to steam out).
- Place in the oven and roast for 4.5 hours. (See Notes for roasting time table).
- Remove from the oven, remove foil. Turn lamb over. Check it to ensure the meat is tender (pry a bit off with a fork). If not, return, covered, to oven.
- Return uncovered lamb to oven for a further 45 minutes or until well browned.
- Remove lamb, spoon over pan juices generously. Transfer to serving platter, cover loosely with foil while you make the gravy (stays warm for 1 - 1.5 hours).
- For gravy:.
- Use a large spoon to skim off some of the fat from the surface of the liquid.
- Place pan on the stove on medium high. When the liquid bubbles, add flour.
- Use a whisk to mix it in - this may take a few minutes as the liquid reduces.
- Once it looks like sludge (see video), whisk in 1/2 - 1 cup of water until it becomes a gravy consistency to your taste. Adjust salt and pepper to taste - I rarely add extra salt.
- Strain gravy into a bowl, pressing juices out of the onion etc.
- Pour gravy into jug.
- Recipe Notes:.
- 1. LAMB CUT: This recipe can be made with a leg or shoulder of lamb. Shoulder has more fat running through it than leg, so you can actually roast it uncovered (here's my Slow Roasted Lamb Shoulder recipe), but this recipe will also work with shoulder. This recipe is designed for lamb leg because it's leaner, so it benefits greatly from slow roasting partially submerged in liquid so it doesn't dry out. Cooking it this way also infuses it with flavour.
- 2. The upper side of the lamb leg has more meat so we want to roast that partially submerged in the liquid for most of the cooking time. The upper side of the lamb is rounder and usually has more fat. The underside has less fat and is more flat.
- 3. TRY THIS WITH Truly Crunchy Roast Potatoes!
- 4. MORE ROAST LAMB: Ultra Tender Slow Cooker Roast Lamb, Slow Roasted Lamb Shoulder, Classic Roast Lamb with Gravy (i.e. it's blushing pink inside) and Slow Roasted GREEK Leg of Lamb (delish lemon garlic flavours!).
- 5. Roasting Times (this cook method is pretty forgiving so round up to determine cook time e.g. if your lamb is 1.8kg, use the 2 kg cook times).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 566.8, Fat 37.2, SaturatedFat 15.3, Cholesterol 170.9, Sodium 484.2, Carbohydrate 5.5, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.6, Protein 49.2
SLOW COOKER LEG OF LAMB
Fall-of-the-bone, flavorful lamb that is easy to throw in the slow cooker in the morning and have a delicious meal ready by dinner time!
Provided by Kristin88
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Lamb Leg
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Grate lemon zest into a mortar; add rosemary, garlic, thyme, parsley, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and onion powder. Grind into a paste using a pestle.
- Pat lamb dry and rub herb mixture all over the lamb. Place lamb into a 3-quart slow cooker and squeeze juice of the lemon over lamb. Add broth and cover.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.6 calories, Carbohydrate 2.8 g, Cholesterol 68.5 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 19.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 300 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
SLOW COOKER ROASTED LEG OF LAMB
Leg of lamb coated in mustard and herbs. Put it in the slow cooker and leave it alone for a few hours. Super easy and fabulous every time!
Provided by METG
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Lamb Leg
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring leg of lamb to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Pour wine into a slow cooker. Mix lemon juice, honey, mustard, garlic, vinegar, rosemary, thyme, sea salt, and pepper together in a bowl until a thick paste forms. Massage paste into the lamb using your hands; gently place into the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low, without removing the cover, for 5 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 145 degrees F (65 degrees C). Let lamb rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.9 calories, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Cholesterol 100.3 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 25.6 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 464.5 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB
Slow cooked, melt-in-the-mouth meat that needs seven hours in the oven but little more than seven minutes work from the cook
Provided by Orlando Murrin
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 120C/fan 100C/gas ½. Put your largest lidded casserole on the hob and brown the seasoned leg of lamb on all sides - do this very thoroughly until it is a good dark brown as it will not brown during the cooking. (If you don't do it now, it will end up beige.) If the lamb sticks, add a drizzle of oil - legs of lamb differ. Allow 10 mins on a high heat and put on the cooker fan to remove the smoke. Pour away any fat that has collected in the bottom of the pan.
- Throw in the vegetables, followed by the wine and stock. Season and bring to the boil, then clap on the lid and put in the oven. Bake for 7 hrs, turning twice. After 5 hrs the meat will be cooked and offer no resistance to the knife.
- There is no need to rest the meat when cooked in this way, but to finish the sauce, transfer the meat and vegetables to a serving dish. Strain the sauce into a jug and pour or blot away the fat with kitchen paper. Pour the sauce into a pan then boil the liquid hard to reduce by a quarter, by which time it will be rich and flavoursome. Adjust seasoning, add the Armagnac if you wish, and serve alongside the lamb, which should be served with a spoon, a la cuillère as the French call it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 743 calories, Fat 41 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 73 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
SLOW ROASTED LEG OF LAMB
This recipe is best if domestic lamb is used, as it is much more mild and flavorful than imported lamb. I made this recipe for a friend in TN that did not have a smoker. It is based on my pulled pork recipe I perfected in a Trager smoker.
Provided by The Flying Shepard
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Prep: Mix the stuffing to combine the ingredients. Rub the lamb with the mixture. Reserve the solids and most of the liquid for the stuffing. Tie the roast and refrigerate overnight.
- Browning: In a large pan, combine the dry browning ingredients and rub the meat. Heat the oil in the pan and brown the roast on all sides. Deglaze, and add to the roasting pan.
- Roasting: Preheat the oven to 225°F Rub the herbs onto the roast. Place the roast in a pan. Add liquid of choice, apple, pineapple, stout beer, Madeira are all good choices. You can use water at first and add flavor later in the roast. You can baste or rotate the roast. Basting maintains a better presentation of the herb crust. Rotating improves flavor and moisture. You can always finish with fresh herbs. Cook to 145F minimum temperature. Note, you can remove the meat at 5 degrees early as the temperature will rise during the rest. https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/meat-preparation/focus-on-lambfrom-farm-to-table/CT_Index.
- Finishing: Remove the roast and let rest at least 120°F This retains the juice and tenderness of the meat. Add liquid to the pan as needed to deglaze. Thicken to make a gravy as desired.
- If roasting vegetables, you will want to return them to an oven at 450F to properly brown them.
- Vadouvan is an exotic spice that works well with Lamb. Use sparingly if you can find it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 391.3, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 2.2, Sodium 23.7, Carbohydrate 61.5, Fiber 5, Sugar 45.5, Protein 2.4
More about "slow roast leg of lamb recipes"
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (235)Total Time 5 hrs 30 minsCategory MainCalories 605 per serving
SLOW-ROASTED PARCHMENT-WRAPPED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND …
Author Rachael RaySteps 4Difficulty Easy
HOW TO ROAST BONELESS LEG OF LAMB - THERESCIPES.INFO
BONE-IN OR BONELESS LEG OF LAMB + VIDEO - KEVIN IS COOKING
SLOW-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
SLOW ROASTED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB - DISH 'N' THE KITCHEN
SLOW ROASTED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - HAPPY FOODS TUBE
HOW TO COOK THE BEST SLOW-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - DELISHABLY
PULLED SLOW ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - TASTE AND SEE
BEST ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER LAMB RECIPES
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB - JO COOKS
7-HOUR ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SLOW-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB (THE GREEK WAY) | KALOFAGAS.CA
SLOW ROASTED STUFFED LEG OF LAMB - DIMITRAS DISHES
SLOW ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - FED & FIT - FEDANDFIT.COM
SLOW COOKER ROAST LAMB - SLOW COOKING PERFECTED
SLOW-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB WITH SPRING VEGETABLES RECIPE
SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB - TENDER SOFT MEAT BY FLAWLESS FOOD
SLOW ROASTED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB - NOSHING WITH THE NOLANDS
SLOW-ROASTED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
SLOW-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB: A ROAST THAT GRANDMA CAN BE PROUD OF
EASY SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - HEALTH STARTS IN THE KITCHEN
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SLOW-ROASTED LAMB SHAWARMA | FEASTING AT HOME
SLOW COOKED LAMB LEG - RECIPES, COOKING TIPS AND MORE
FIVE-HOUR LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - SARAH RAVEN
SLOW ROASTED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - NAPOLEON
SLOW ROASTED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - A WELL SEASONED …
SLOW ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - BIG GREEN EGG
SLOW ROAST LAMB RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
SLOW ROASTED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
10 BEST MEDITERRANEAN LEG OF LAMB RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB WITH MINT AND LEMON - FINECOOKING
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB WITH POTATOES - CRAFT BEERING
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO PREPARE FAVORITE SLOW COOKER ROAST LAMB …
MARY BERRY’S SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SLOW COOKER ROAST LAMB RECIPES AUSTRALIA | DEPORECIPE.CO
SLOW COOKED LEG OF LAMB - A CLASSIC GREEK RECIPE - COMPASS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#lactose #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #south-west-pacific #very-low-carbs #main-dish #lamb-sheep #australian #oven #easy #roast #beginner-cook #dietary #low-sodium #gluten-free #low-carb #egg-free #free-of-something #low-in-something #meat #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love