20 WAYS TO USE LEFTOVER SAUSAGE
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a leftover sausage recipe in 30 minutes or less!
Nutrition Facts :
SMOKED SAUSAGE AND RICE - EASY ONE POT DINNER!
Recipe video above. The smoked sausage is the trick here to get great flavour into this quick one pot dinner. Tastes like Jambalaya, minus the cajun flavours, and much faster to make. Everybody loves this!I used kransky sausages but you can use any smoked sausages you want, including chorizo. You can even use raw sausages - see Note 1! Also feel free to use other vegetables - anything that can hold up to 20 minutes on the stove.
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook sausage: Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large heavy based pot over medium high heat. Add sausages and cook until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Cook onion and garlic: Add remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and cook for 2 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add rice and liquid: Add rice, chicken stock, paprika, salt, pepper and the sausage. Stir, bring to boil, then reduce heat to low so it's simmering very gently.
- Cover and cook: Cover with lid, cook 20 minutes.
- Add peas and rest: Remove pot from stove. Working quickly, remove lid, add peas, then quickly put the lid back on. Rest 10 minutes - the residual heat with cook the peas.
- Fluff and serve: Add parsley. Use a fork to fluff the rice. Serve immediately!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 597 kcal, Carbohydrate 64 g, Protein 20 g, Fat 28 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Cholesterol 57 mg, Sodium 1073 mg, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 6 g, UnsaturatedFat 17 g, ServingSize 1 serving
More about "smoked sausage dish recipes"
19 DELICIOUS SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY SMOKED SAUSAGE ALFREDO BAKE — LET'S DISH RECIPES
4.5/5 (358)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 476 per serving
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir in flour.
- Add salt, pepper, cayenne, and red pepper flakes and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
6 WINTER SIDE DISHES TO PAIR WITH SMOKED SAUSAGE | REAL SIMPLE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Maple Squash. The sweetness of the acorn squash will play off the smoky sausage, creating a satisfying and healthy wintertime meal. You can even roast the sausage in the same sheet pan as the squash for a delicious meal that comes together in less than an hour with minimal active effort on your part.
- Sautéed Collard Greens and Garlic. Collard greens and smoked sausage are a classic combination. Elevate this barbecue joint favorite by adding in sliced garlic to create an elegant and easy side dish.
- Farro and Brussels Sprouts Salad. Sometimes the idea of a salad in the cold, dark winter months is less than appealing. This winter salad, however, includes nutty and satisfying farro, crisp Brussels sprouts leaves, sweet pomegranate seeds and salty ricotta salata, making it much more of a substantial side dish than rabbit food.
- Roasted Carrot and Parsnip Soup. There is nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a cold night, and this dairy-free creamy parsnip and carrot soup makes the most of those abundant winter root vegetables.
- Mashed Potatoes With Peas and Scallions. Bangers and mash is a traditional meal in the United Kingdom, where the winters are long, cold and dreary, and comfort food is key to making it through.
- Cabbage and Sausage Casserole. Okay, this last one isn’t exactly a side dish—but add a smoked sausage in this hearty casserole recipe for an unexpected smoky undertone.
SMOKED SIDE DISHES: 23 RECIPES THAT WILL BRING UP ALL FLAVORS
- Hot Dog Burnt Ends. Are you a big fan of hot dogs? If you are, you’ll fancy the Hot Dog Burnt Ends. Apart from the distinct hot dog taste, it adds a spicy and sweet kick.
- Chantilly Potatoes. How about adding some Smoked Chantilly Potatoes to your barbecue? Let’s teach you how to do that. Instructions. Fire up the smoker to 225° F. Then, layer sliced potatoes in a baking dish with foil.
- Mac and Cheese. Smoking Mac and Cheese rightly, especially with applewood chips, can set off exciting flavors. Instructions. Follow packet instructions to cook the elbow macaroni to al dente (tender, but firm)
- Sausage Stuffing. Smoked Sausage Stuffing seems like the ideal stuffing for your family or Thanksgiving meal. Instructions. Preheat the smoker to 225° F.
- Baked Beans. Trust us, barbecue and baked beans are a perfect combo. Let’s get you the recipe for the latter. Instructions. Mix all of the ingredients (beans, smoked brisket, brown sugar, ketchup, molasses, chili, and ground black powder) in a pan and boil over medium heat.
- Riblets. Riblets are some tangy and crunchy side dishes you don’t wasn’t to miss out on. Instructions. Set the smoker to 225° F. Place the rib on the smoker and cook slowly for up to three hours.
- Roasted Potato Salad. If Roasted Potato Salad is what you want to be by the side of your barbecue, here you go. Instructions. For Potatoes: Preheat smoker to 425° F.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Fennel and Prosciutto. Brussel sprouts are excellent sides, especially when mixed with fresh fennel and prosciutto. Instructions.
- Grilled Watermelon & Fennel Salad. You ever thought about grilling watermelon and adding Fennel salad to the mix as your side dish? Here’s where the best smoker grill combo can help you get the job done.
- Creamed Corn with Smoked Sausage. If you want to enjoy creamed corn at its best, add smoked sausage. Instructions. Scrape off corn’s pulp and cut kernels from it.
SOUTHERN SUCCOTASH WITH SAUSAGE - EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 333 per serving
- Add vegetable oil, cut up sausage, sliced or chopped onion and seeded diced jalapeno pepper to a large skillet and heat on medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until sausage is browned and onions are tender.
ONE POT SAUSAGE PASTA SKILLET — LET'S DISH RECIPES
4.5/5 (21)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 405 per serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned and onions are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then cover ad reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Remove from heat and stir in cream and Parmesan cheese. Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle pasta with mozzarella cheese. Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
24 BEST KIELBASA AND SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES
- Cauliflower and Sausage Roast. With cheddar cheese, Cajun seasoning, and onion, this cauliflower and sausage roast would taste great with either kielbasa or andouille sausage.
- Slow Cooker Polish Sausage and Cabbage Soup. This Polish sausage soup uses browned kielbasa, onion, and cabbage, along with cubed potatoes and broth for a stick-to-your-ribs soup.
- Kale and White Bean Soup With Sausage. Use spicy sausage or kielbasa in this tasty soup that combines creamy white beans and plenty of nutritious veggies.
- Easy Sausage Bake With Sauerkraut and Apples. This traditional meal brings out the spices in kielbasa with some simple accoutrements. Sauerkraut and apples complement the meat nicely, giving it a sweet and sour tang.
- Crock Pot Sausage Stew. This creamy, slow cooker sausage stew is as versatile as your imagination. It tastes great with kielbasa or other smoked sausage, but you can also use hot Italian sausage or Andouille if you like a little more kick.
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Beans and Sausage. Beans and sausage are a match made in heaven. Smoked sausage, pineapple, and barbecue sauce give the dish a lovely barbecue flavor and contrasting texture that makes a meal in itself.
- Slow Cooker Lentil Soup with Smoked Sausage and Tomatoes. Adding sliced sausage to classic lentil soup makes this a hearty, stick-to-your-ribs main dish soup.
- Sweet and Sour Kielbasa. This budget-friendly kielbasa recipe includes pineapple, onions, and bell pepper chunks cooked in a tangy vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar sauce that has Asian inflections.
- Slow Cooker Kielbasa Sausage in Beer and Mustard Sauce. Crack open a cold one for this easy smoked sausage dish that uses beer and mustard for a finger-lickin' sauce.
- Chicken Bog. Smoked sausage adds tons of flavor to this hearty Southern stew that hails from South Carolina. Tender chicken, rice, and sausage come together in a flavorful herb-scented broth for a classic dish.
24 DELICIOUS SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY ...
- Smoked Sausage with Potatoes and Green Beans. Who’s not happy to make one-pot meals, because you don’t need to take care of all the utensils that pile up in your sink.
- Cajun Sausage and Rice Skillet. Packed with plenty of smoky-spicy flavors and using Andouille sausage, this simplified version of jambalaya is so tasty and spicy.
- Bangers & Mash. I bet your eyes lit up once you see this mouthwatering pic of sausages drowning in loads of gravy and don’t forget the peas and creamy potatoes too!
- Smoked Sausage, Spinach and White Bean Soup. Easy, hearty and healthy food is sometimes what we are craving for dinner like this warm, flavorful soup.
- BBQ Smoked Sausage Bites. I know, I know, these smoked sausage bites are great for appetizers or snacks, so how could these tiny bites make a meal you probably thought.
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers. Let’s change that smoked sausage and peppers that you usually make and create this boozy grown-up version. Smoked Cajun sausage combined with the silky, luscious red wine is truly perfection.
- Smoked Sausage and Browned Butter Pasta. Are you looking for Eckrich smoked sausage recipes? I’ve got one for you. Used brown butter, which you simply melt the butter, swirls and wait until the color change to brown.
- Keto Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies. Can you eat smoked sausages when you’re on a keto diet? The answer is yes, you can and this recipe proves it. Used low-carb veggies like broccoli, squash, bell pepper and zucchini, spread out onto the pan and roasted with sausage until perfectly tender, this healthy sheet pan meal is sure to be a family favorite.
- Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo. Loaded with smoked sausage, shredded chicken, vegetables and spices, this yummy stew-like meal is so delicious and yummy.
- Smoked Sausage and Cheesy Potato Casserole. Who doesn’t like a simple, easy yet delicious like this one? Cheesy hashbrown casserole with slices of smoked sausage on top.
40 EASY RECIPES WITH SAUSAGE | MYRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
EASY SAUSAGE DINNER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
25 SATISFYING SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES FOR EASY WEEKNIGHT MEALS
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
2 EASY SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES FOR SMOKING AT HOME
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
BEST SMOKED SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPE / 30+ BEST ITALIAN PASTA ...
SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES WITH POTATOES - I REALLY LIKE FOOD!
130 SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES IDEAS | SAUSAGE RECIPES ...
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED BEEF SAUSAGE- 10 RECIPES AND IDEAS ...
37 SAUSAGE SKILLET RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
SMOKED HOMEMADE SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SMOKED SAUSAGE? 8 BEST SIDE DISHES ...
SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
34 ONE-DISH SAUSAGE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
10 KILLER SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES THAT ARE ACTUALLY HEALTHY ...
SMOKED SAUSAGE DISH RECIPES
15 SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES TO MAKE FOR DINNER | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST SMOKED SAUSAGE SIDE DISHES RECIPES | YUMMLY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #meat #beef-sausage
You'll also love