SMOKY CORN CHOWDER
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat the EVOO over medium-high heat in a soup pot. Add the bacon and brown to crisp, then remove with a slotted spoon and reserve the bacon bits. To the bacon drippings, add the garlic, onions and chiles, and cook to soften, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the corn and season with the thyme, paprika and salt and pepper, and stir. Add the cobs to the pot along with the bay leaves, potato and cover with the stock. Add a little water to the stock if it does not cover the corn. Cook the soup, partially covered, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the cobs and bay leaves and puree with an immersion blender until the corn is creamed. Stir in the butter and lime juice and add hot sauce, to taste. Cool and store for a make-ahead meal. Reheat over a medium flame.
- Serve the corn chowder topped with bacon, scallions, herbs and cheese.
QUICK AND EASY CLAM CHOWDER
Here's a quick chowder that's been in my family for over 30 years. I make a big pot to take to an annual party at work. It's always a hit. Served with crusty bread and a salad, it's the perfect meal for a chilly evening.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. , In the same skillet, saute onion in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in soup and milk. Add the clams, lemon juice, thyme, pepper and bacon; cook until heated through. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 calories, Fat 20g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 39mg cholesterol, Sodium 856mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
MY BEST CLAM CHOWDER
A delicious, traditional, cream based chowder, this recipe calls for the standard chowder ingredients: onion, celery, potatoes, diced carrots, clams, and cream. A little red wine vinegar is added before serving for extra flavor.
Provided by PIONEERGIRL
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Drain juice from clams into a large skillet over the onions, celery, potatoes and carrots. Add water to cover, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in cream and stir constantly until thick and smooth. Stir in vegetables and clam juice. Heat through, but do not boil.
- Stir in clams just before serving. If they cook too much they get tough. When clams are heated through, stir in vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.2 calories, Carbohydrate 28.4 g, Cholesterol 136.6 mg, Fat 32.7 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 23.9 g, SaturatedFat 19.7 g, Sodium 712.3 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
We love Bar Harbor clam juice, which has no salt added and a gentle, briny flavor. It's a good stand-in for when you don't want to bother making fish stock (i.e., most of the time).
Provided by Claire Saffitz
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat butter in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium-low. Add bacon and cook, stirring often, until brown and crisp, 8-10 minutes. Increase heat to medium and add onion, leek, celery, and bay leaves; cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent and softened, 8-10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and clam juice to pot; season lightly with salt and generously with pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes. For a thicker texture, smash several pieces of potato against the sides of the pot. Add trout and buttermilk and simmer about 5 minutes (to give flavors time to blend together). Taste and season with more salt and pepper as desired. Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Ladle chowder into bowls, top with trout roe, if desired, and season with coarsely ground pepper.
- Do Ahead
- Chowder can be made 2 days ahead. Let cool; cover and chill. Reheat gently over low before serving.
SMOKY CLAM CHOWDER
- In a large pot, boil potatoes in salted water until they are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- In a large pot, melt butter and saute celery, onion, and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add flour and stir 2 minutes.
- Add clams and their juices, parsley, thyme, marjoram, dill, liquid smoke, and potatoes.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cream and milk.
- Bring to a simmer; do not boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486.3, Fat 35.7, SaturatedFat 21.9, Cholesterol 143.6, Sodium 703.6, Carbohydrate 24.2, Fiber 2, Sugar 1.4, Protein 18
SMOKEY CLAM CHOWDER
- Boil potatoes in large saucepan of salted water until just tender, about 6 minutes. Drain potatoes well.
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion and sauté until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes. Add flour and stir 2 minutes. Gradually mix in clam juice. Simmer until beginning to thicken, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Add clams with juices, parsley, thyme, marjoram, dill, garlic, liquid smoke and potatoes. Simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors. Add cream and milk. Bring to simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before serving.)
SMOKY SEAFOOD CHOWDER
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This is a smoky creamy seafood chowder I started making a few years ago in my restaurant, the bacon and spinach add a rockefellar twist to it. It quickly became a favorite with the locals. It also works well with oysters.
Provided by amie8428275
Yield 2-3 quarts, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Mix flour and all spices together in a bowl.
- In deep pan fry bacon slices crisp remove and crumble in a bowl.
- Drain off bacon grease leaving any particles in pan.
- Add olive oil and heat on medium high scraping up any brown particles.
- Add bag of Simply Potatoes with onions and 1/4 cup chopped green onion reserving tops for garnish.
- When potatoes just start to brown add peeled deveined roughly chopped shrimp, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add bowl of spice mixture and stir for 1 minute.
- Add back in crumbled bacon reserving some for garnish if desired.
- Add Liquid smoke and texas pete.
- Add whole baby clams with juice.
- Add bottled clam juice.
- Bring just to boil then lower heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Spinach.
- Slowly stir in half and half.
- Simmer gently for 35 minutes stirring occasionaly.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Garnish with green onion tops and crumbled bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 749.2, Fat 51.6, SaturatedFat 21.1, Cholesterol 229.4, Sodium 2049.5, Carbohydrate 28.4, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 3.5, Protein 43.9
SMOKY FISH CHOWDER
This chowder is a more complex and smoky interpretation of a classic New England fish chowder. Made with hot smoked paprika and a little Vermouth or white wine, it's got more spunk than a simpler, more authentic recipe, without losing the spirit of the sea. If you can't find fish stock, you can substitute bottled clam juice, or even a good, flavorful vegetable stock. Either way, you'll end up with perfectly balanced bowl of soup that needs nothing more than perhaps a few crackers on the side to make it shine.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a heavy pot over medium-high heat, brown bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Spoon off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from the pot. Add butter and let melt. Add leeks and a pinch of salt; cook, stirring frequently, until leeks are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in paprika; cook 1 minute. Pour in vermouth and simmer until almost completely evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in stock, 1 cup water, potatoes, thyme and remaining salt. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add milk and cooked bacon to pot; bring to a simmer. Add fish and cook until just opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Use a fork to flake fish into large pieces. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Remove thyme. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 410, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 979 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "smoky clam chowder recipes"
PEI-STYLE SMOKY CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE - PAUL LAVENDER
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Chowder
- Cook salt pork in a large Dutch oven over medium, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pork to a paper towel–lined plate; set aside. Wipe Dutch oven clean; discard drippings or reserve for another use.
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a covered large, high-sided skillet over medium-high. Add clams; cook, covered, shaking skillet occasionally, until clams open, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a slotted spoon or a spider, remove clams from cooking liquid. Discard any clams that did not open. Ladle 4 cups clam cooking liquid into a measuring cup; discard any sediment and additional liquid in skillet. If desired, reserve 30 clams in shell for garnish; cover and chill until ready to serve, up to 4 hours. Shuck remaining clams; discard shells. Chop clam meat into 1/3-inch pieces; set aside. (If not using the 30 clams in shell for garnish, shuck and chop all clams.)
- Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium. Add onions and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 15 minutes. Stir in black pepper, thyme, and celery seeds.
- Add potatoes and reserved 4 cups clam cooking liquid to onion mixture in Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer 3 cups potatoes to a bowl (leaving cooking liquid in Dutch oven); mash using a potato masher until mostly smooth. Stir mashed potato mixture into remaining mixture in Dutch oven.
CLAM CHOWDER WITH SMOKED CLAM RECIPE - AMAZING …
10 BEST CLAM CHOWDER RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST EVER CREAMY CLAM CHOWDER | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CLAM CHOWDER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
EASY CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE, LIGHTENED UP - SKINNYTASTE
NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER - RICARDO
BEST HOMEMADE NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE
EASY CLAM CHOWDER - DAMN DELICIOUS
SMOKY CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE - NICKI REISS | FOOD & WINE
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Clam Chowder
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add half of the garlic and the lemon juice and cook over moderate heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the water and wine and bring to a boil over high heat. Add half of the clams, cover the saucepan and boil until the clams start to open, about 3 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the open clams to a heatproof bowl. Cover and continue boiling until all of the clams in the saucepan have opened; discard any clams that do not open. Carefully pour the clam broth into a heatproof bowl, stopping before you reach the grit at the bottom. Remove the clams from their shells and coarsely chop them. Rinse out and dry the saucepan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in the saucepan. Stir in the onion, shallot, celery, soyrizo, crushed red pepper and the remaining garlic. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 6 minutes. Add the thyme, reserved clam broth, chopped clams, pureed tomatoes and half of the parsley. Simmer over low heat until the clams are tender, about 25 minutes. Discard the thyme sprigs and season the chowder with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over moderately high heat. When the oil is hot, add the paprika and, as soon as it sizzles, scrape the oil into a small bowl.
THE BEST CLAM CHOWDER RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SMOKY SALMON-CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEI-STYLE SMOKY CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE | RECIPE | CLAM CHOWDER …
HOMEMADE CLAM CHOWDER - FOX VALLEY FOODIE
EASY CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE! - JULIE'S EATS & TREATS
SMOKY BACON-CLAM CHOWDER - SIDE DISH RECIPES
LAZY MAN’S CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
SMOKED OYSTER CHOWDER | TOWN & COUNTRY MARKETS
SMOKED CLAM CHOWDER – MEMPHIS WOOD FIRE GRILLS
NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
SMOKY CLAM CHOWDER - THAT'S MY HOME
RICH AND SMOKY CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE ⋆ SOMETYME PLACE
SMOKED CLAM CHOWDER - THOR INDUSTRIES
SMOKY CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE | RECIPE | CHOWDER RECIPES, WINE …
KICKED UP CREAMY CLAM CHOWDER - THAT SPICY CHICK
SLOW COOKER CLAM CHOWDER - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
10 BEST CLAM CHOWDER WITH CANNED CLAMS RECIPES | YUMMLY
COD AND CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SMOKEY NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER - FLUSTER BUSTER
NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE - BUTTER YOUR BISCUIT
CLAM CHOWDER FOR TWO RECIPE - NAPOLEON
SMOKY BACON-CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAMY CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE - ST. JEAN'S
SMOKED NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER | TRAEGER GRILLS
SMOKY SALMON-CLAM CHOWDER - LUNCH RECIPES
EASY CLAM CHOWDER WITH SMOKED OYSTERS - SUSTAINABLE RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #soups-stews #eggs-dairy #seafood #dinner-party #fall #winter #chowders #stove-top #dietary #seasonal #comfort-food #shellfish #clams #taste-mood #equipment
You'll also love