SNOW-TOPPED HOLLY CAKES
This square Christmas cake is cut into two loaf-shaped cakes, so you can give one to a friend
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Afternoon tea, Treat
Yield Makes 2 cakes, each serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Tip the sugar, butter, dried fruit, whole cherries, ginger, orange zest and juice into a large pan. Pour over the rum, brandy or juice, then put on the heat and slowly bring to the boil, stirring frequently to melt the butter. Reduce the heat and bubble gently, uncovered for 10 mins, stirring every now and again to make sure the mixture doesn't catch on the bottom of the pan. Set aside for 30 mins to cool.
- Stir the nuts, eggs and ground almonds into the fruit, then sift in the flour, baking powder and spices. Stir everything together gently but thoroughly. Your batter is ready.
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Butter and line the base and sides of a 18cm square tin with baking paper. Spoon the cake mix into the tin and level the top with a spoon dipped into boiling water. Bake for 45 mins, then turn oven down to 140C/120C fan/gas 1 and cook for 1 hr more or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Will keep well-wrapped in foil for 2 months or freeze for 1 year.
- Carefully cut the square cake in half and trim the edges so that you see the texture of the cake on all sides. Roll out each piece of marzipan on a surface dusted with icing sugar until the size of the top of each cake.
- Generously brush the top of the cakes with jam, place jam-side down on top of the marzipan, then trim away the excess marzipan with a sharp knife.
- Make up the fondant icing to a spreading consistency, then spread on top of the cakes so that it slightly runs over the edges. Top with cherries and holly, then leave to set. Will keep in a plastic container in a cool place for 4-7 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 584 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 97 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 87 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.32 milligram of sodium
SNOW TUNNEL CAKE
- Prepare and bake the cake as directed on the package. Allow to cool. Remove from pan. Slice a 1 inch layer off the top. Gently hollow out a trench about 1 1/2 inches wide and 2 inches deep. Tear the removed cake into small pieces and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low for 2 minutes. Fold cake pieces and 1 3/4 cups of whipped topping into pudding. Fill trench with pudding mixture. Replace top of cake. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253.3 calories, Carbohydrate 43.4 g, Cholesterol 2.1 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 445.2 mg, Sugar 34.1 g
More about "snow topped holly cakes recipes"
HOLLY JOLLY SANTA COOKIES. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
SNOW-TOPPED HOLLY CAKES #CHRISTMAS #CAKE
SNOW-TOPPED HOLLY CAKES RECIPE | BY BBCGOODFOOD.COM | CRAFTLOG
FLAKE ON THE ICING
"SNOW TOPPED HOLLY CAKES" - RECIPES ON SPOONACULAR
ICING FLAKE ON THE
SNOW-TOPPED HOLLY CAKES
WILTON CAKES - GLTMK.RIVISTATEORIA.IT
SNOW-TOPPED HOLLY CAKES - ALL RECIPE NETWORK
HUMMUS RECIPES: SNOW-TOPPED HOLLY CAKES RECIPE
SNOW-TOPPED HOLLY CAKES - PINTEREST
SNOW-TOPPED HOLLY CAKES #CHRISTMAS #CAKE - CREATIF RECIPES
SNOW-TOPPED HOLLY CAKES - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
SNOW-TOPPED HOLLY CAKES
BEST CAKE IN KUWAIT - SMSM.MODELECENTRUM.PL
SNOW-TOPPED HOLLY CAKES - PINTEREST.COM
FLAKE ON ICING THE
SNOW TOPPED HOLLY CAKES #CHRISTMAS #CAKE | THE FLAVORS OF NATURE
ON ICING THE FLAKE
WHAT WINE GOES WITH SNOW TOPPED HOLLY CAKES BBC GOOD FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are snow globe cupcakes?These snow globe cupcakes are both fun to look at, and delicious to eat. Our version uses a chocolate cupcake, topped with vanilla frosting, shredded coconut, a cute holiday lollipop. We then top it off with a peppermint gelatin bubble. Shake up some Christmas magic this holiday season!
What is a snow white roll cake?This gorgeous snow white roll cake is melt-in-your-mouth delicate and light and is filled with white chocolate mousse filling. Note: I test all my recipes with both measurements for the most precise and accurate result!
How do you make cupcakes from scratch?Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup cupcake tin with cupcake liners. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the brown sugar and whisk to combine. Add the hot water, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla and mix until combined.
How do you make edible snow globes?Make the edible snow globes: In a small bowl, whisk together the cold water and gelatin. Let the gelatin bloom for 5 minutes, until the water is mostly absorbed. Microwave for 20–30 seconds, or until the gelatin is melted. Add the sugar and peppermint extract and stir until dissolved. Let cool for 10 minutes.