SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC, OLIVE OIL AND RED PEPPER FLAKES
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the pasta in a colander, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water. The reserved pasta water will help create the sauce. Do not rinse pasta with water -- you want to retain the pasta's natural starches so that the sauce will stick.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until light brown and fragrant. It's important not to burn the garlic or else it will become bitter. Remove and discard the browned garlic. Add the red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute. Carefully add the pasta and toss to coat in the flavored oil. Add the reserved pasta water and cook, stirring, to create a sauce, 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top with the fresh herbs.
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC AND LEMON
- Cook pasta in a 6-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking water and drain pasta in a colander.
- While pasta is boiling, cook garlic and red pepper flakes (to taste) in oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until garlic is golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in zest, then juice, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup reserved cooking water and bring to a simmer.
- Toss pasta in sauce with parsley. (Add more cooking water if pasta seems dry.)
SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC, OIL AND HOT RED PEPPERS
This is the kind of quick, simple dish Italians often throw together after an all-night party or when spirits are flagging and an infusion of food is called for. Other types of long, thin pasta, like vermicelli, linguine or taglierini, may be substituted. If anchovies are omitted, adjust the salt in the sauce.
Provided by Nancy Harmon Jenkins
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring 5 to 6 quarts water to rolling boil.
- Peel garlic cloves, removing green sprout at center, if necessary, and chop coarsely. In pan large enough to hold all the drained pasta, cook garlic in oil very gently over medium-low heat. Cook just until garlic softens and starts to turn golden. Do not brown.
- Add at least 2 tablespoons salt to vigorously boiling water. Add spaghetti, stirring.
- If using anchovies, add them to oil and garlic. Cook briefly, mashing anchovy pieces into oil with fork. Stir in chili pepper and half of the parsley, and carefully add a ladleful of the pasta cooking water. Let simmer, and reduce slightly while pasta finishes cooking.
- Start testing pasta after it has cooked for 4 minutes. When it is still a little chewy in the center, drain and add it to pan with sauce. Turn heat up slightly, and cook, mixing pasta and sauce together well for 1 to 2 minutes, or until pasta is done to taste. Turn pasta into preheated serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining minced parsley, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 445, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 235 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
SPAGHETTINI WITH OIL AND GARLIC (SPAGHETTINI AGLIO E OLIO)
Make and share this Spaghettini With Oil and Garlic (Spaghettini Aglio E Olio) recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil in an 8-quart pot over high heat.
- Stir the spaghettini into the boiling water; return to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Cook the pasta, semi-covered, stirring occasionally, until tender but still very firm, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and cook, shaking the skillet and stirring, until pale golden, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- Ladle about 1 1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water into the sauce.
- Add the parsley, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and salt to taste.
- If the skillet is large enough to accommodate the sauce and pasta, fish the pasta out of the boiling water with a large wire skimmer and drop it directly into the sauce in the skillet.
- If not, drain the pasta, return it to the pot, and pour in the sauce.
- Bring the sauce and pasta to a simmer, tossing to coat with sauce.
- Cook until the pasta is coated with the sauce and done, about 1 minute.
- Remove the pot from the heat and toss in the grated cheese.
- Check the seasoning, adding salt and crushed pepper flakes if needed.
- Serve immediately in warm bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.2, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 12.1, Sodium 190.4, Carbohydrate 60.3, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 2.1, Protein 14.1
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC, RED PEPPER & EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Since we can't all pack up and move to the pasta capital of the world, why not bring Italian flavour and quality to your dinner table by cooking with authentic, fresh ingredients? Traditional Italians embrace the Mediterranean lifestyle, which emphasizes the consumption of grains such as pasta and bread; vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, fish, and lean meats. As well, when it comes to mealtime, Italians make it a family affair, using it as an opportunity to spend time with loved ones. "For Italians, gathering with friends and family over a meal is just as important as the food, so the cuisine doesn't have to be fancy," says Lorenzo Boni, the executive chef for Barilla North America. "Often the best meals come from a spontaneous get-together, where the cook makes a large pot of spaghetti pasta and throws in whatever ingredients are in the pantry (referred to as a spaghetatta)."
Provided by Mary Jenny
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Bring water to a boil and season with salt. Cook the pasta 1 minute less than required cooking time. Meanwhile, sauté garlic and chili flakes in olive oil until slightly yellow in colour. Add 1 cup of cooking liquid and bring to a boil. Drain pasta and toss with sauce and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 1.9, Sodium 1.2, Carbohydrate 0.8, Fiber 0.1, Protein 0.2
More about "spaghettini with garlic red pepper extra virgin olive oil recipes"
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC AND DRIED CHILE RECIPE | BON …
PASTA WITH GARLIC AND EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL | OLDWAYS
SPAGHETTI GARLIC AND OIL - COOKING WITH NONNA
SPAGHETTINI WITH OIL AND GARLIC RECIPE - LIDIA …
10 BEST SPAGHETTINI PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
THIN SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC, RED PEPPER, AND OLIVE OIL
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC, OLIVE OIL AND SPINACH - CATELLI® …
SPAGHETTI WITH FRESH BREADCRUMBS, GARLIC, AND EXTRA …
SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC AND OIL (AGLIO E OLIO) - 2 SISTERS …
FRIED GARLIC AND RED PEPPER OLIVE OIL PASTA (PASTA …
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC AND OIL: SPAGHETTINI AGLIO E OLIO
Author Rocco DiSpiritoSteps 2Difficulty Easy
SPAGHETTI WITH OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
BARILLA PLUS® SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC, RED PEPPER & EXTRA VIRGIN …
SPAGHETTINI WITH MUSHROOMS, GARLIC, AND OIL RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPAGHETTINI (THIN SPAGHETTI) WITH OIL AND GARLIC - TODAY.COM
SPAGHETTINI WITH OIL AND GARLIC - LIDIA
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC, OLIVE OIL, & PARSLEY - CATZ IN THE KITCHEN
OIL AND GARLIC SPAGHETTINI RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EASY SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC, RED PEPPER & EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC, OLIVE OIL AND RED PEPPER FLAKES RECIPE
GARLIC-CHILI OIL SPAGHETTINI | BCLIQUOR
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC AND OIL RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC AND OLIVE OIL | PIGGLY WIGGLY
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC AND OIL: SPAGHETTINI AGLIO E OLIO : …
ITALIAN SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC, OIL AND CHILI PEPPER
SPAGHETTINI WITH OIL AND GARLIC - BOSA FOODS
SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC, RED PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL * MY HOT SOUTHERN …
SPAGHETTI WITH OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC | COOKTORIA
SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC AND EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL | AGLIO E OLIO
SPAGHETTINI WITH OIL AND GARLIC (SPAGHETTINI AGLIO E OLIO) | RECIPES ...
SPAGHETTINI WITH TOMATOES, BASIL, OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC - MADE IN ITALY
SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC, OLIVE OIL AND RED PEPPER FLAKES : RECIPES ...
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC, OLIVE OIL, & PARSLEY - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
SPAGHETTINI WITH OIL AND GARLIC RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ASTRAY RECIPES: SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC, BASIL AND PEPPER
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC, BASIL AND PEPPER - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
SPAGHETTINI WITH MUSHROOMS, GARLIC, AND OIL - FOOD & WINE
SPAGHETTINI WITH OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC :: THE FLEXITARIAN SOCIETY …
RECIPE: SPAGHETTINI WITH OIL AND GARLIC - RECIPELINK.COM
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC, RED PEPPER & EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
SPAGHETTINI WITH GARLIC, BASIL AND PEPPER - BIGOVEN.COM
You'll also love