SPANISH BEANS WITH CHICKEN & CHORIZO
This dish is great for a casual get-together, just plonk it on the table with a big salad and bread and it's done
Provided by Mary Cadogan
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Soak the beans for at least 4 hrs or overnight in a large bowl with plenty of water to cover. Next day, rinse and drain, then put in a large heavy based pan with the onion, paprika, herb bundle and chicken. Pour over enough water or stock to cover, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 45 mins.
- Remove the chicken to a plate, then add the potatoes and chorizo to the pan. Continue cooking for 30 mins until the beans and potatoes are tender.
- Discard the skin and bones from the chicken and tear into large chunks. Return the chicken to the pan with the spinach and simmer for 5 mins.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 803 calories, Fat 40 grams fat, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 60 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 55 grams protein, Sodium 1.35 milligram of sodium
SPANISH CHICKEN WITH BUTTER BEANS, CHORIZO AND TOMATOES
This recipe comes from our former Executive Chef, Lucy Crabb, at the football club, and it's been served both at large banquets and in the restaurant to great acclaim. A rocket and chicory salad is a good accompaniment.
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 17
- First of all, begin by cooking the butter beans. Place the soaked and drained beans in a pan with the sprigs of thyme and 1 of the bay leaves and cover with water. Bring to simmering point and then cover with a lid and simmer the beans for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the beans are tender. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Begin by peeling the onion and carrots and finely chopping them. Next, take the tough green ends off the leek, then make a vertical split halfway down the centre and run it under cold water to rid it of any hidden grit. Then slice the leek in half lengthways and finely chop that too, followed by the celery sticks. Next, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in the casserole and when the oil is hot, brown the chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown. Then transfer the chicken to a plate and now add the rest of the oil to the casserole. Stir in the onions, carrots, leek and celery and cook everything over a low heat, covered with a lid, to allow the vegetables to sweat in their own juices for 10-15 minutes or until they are beginning to soften. While that is happening, you can prepare the chorizo sausage. Peel the skin off the chorizo and then cut into small dice before stirring it into the vegetables with the pimentón. Turn the heat up to medium and cook everything together for 2-3 minutes to start to draw the fat from the chorizo - you will need to stir constantly to keep everything on the move, to prevent the chorizo from sticking to the bottom of the casserole. Now add the cooked, drained beans (you can throw away the thyme and the bay leaf), garlic, tomatoes, the other bay leaf and the saffron, followed by the hot stock. Season with salt and freshly milled black pepper and give everything a good stir. Place the chicken breasts on top, bring the whole lot to simmering point, then reduce the heat to low and leave to simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes. Finally, lift the chicken breasts out on to warmed plates, and stir the parsley into the sauce before spooning it over the chicken. Serve it with a chicory and rocket salad.
CHICKEN WITH CHORIZO AND BUTTER BEANS
I just love chorizo. The Spanish sausage has so much flavour and it really makes this chicken dish special. The kind to use in this dish is the raw pork sausage, not the kind that is more like a deli meat.
Provided by Sackville
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sprinkle the chicken with the smoked paprika, then heat the oil in a heavy casserole and brown the meat all over.
- Lift out the chicken and add the chorizo to the pan.
- When the oil starts to come out of the chorizo, add the onion and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and a tablespoon of parsley.
- Cover and cook gently for another 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and beans and give it a stir.
- Add a little water if the mixture is a bit thick.
- Return the chicken to the pot, along with the thyme and bayleaf.
- Turn up the heat and bring up to a simmer.
- Lower the heat to its lowest setting, cover the pot and let it bubble away gently for 30 minutes or so.
- Remove the lid and simmer for another 15 minutes, until the sauce is thick and rich.
- Stir in a generous pinch of parsley and serve with warm crusty bread and a salad.
CHICKEN CHORIZO SPANISH EMPANADA
Posted for ZWT. I found this recipe on Bitchincamero's blog. A note from her : You can make the dough and filling up to 3 days in advance. In fact, the flavors are better when the chicken has had a day or two in the fridge. Assemble and bake just before serving.
Provided by Boomette
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make the dough. Whisk the dry ingredients together, then mix in the eggs and shortening until you get crumbs the size of peas (or dipping dots). You can use an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook, or use your hands.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on your work surface. Dump the dough crumbles onto the plastic wrap and knead into a cylinder. Tightly cover with another piece of plastic wrap, maintaining the cylindrical shape. Refrigerate for an hour or so.
- While the dough cools, make the filling. Heat a large pot over medium. Once it's hot, add the olive oil, onions, green pepper, garlic and tomatoes. Saute for 10 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the chicken and ham and continue to saute until the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add the wine and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the chorizo, piquillo peppers and green olives. Cover and continue simmering for another 14 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest until it comes to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of plastic wrap intil it's about 1/4-inch thick. Once your dough is rolled out, transfer it into an ungreased casserole dish (we used a large, 8″ by 11″ and 3″ deep dish). Cover the bottom and sides with dough, pushing it up the sides with your fingers if needed.
- Bake the bottom and sides for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and let come to room temperature. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Add the filling to the casserole dish, then cover the top with the remaining dough (like a pie). Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with a big green salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 729.4, Fat 32.2, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 124.2, Sodium 1657.9, Carbohydrate 86.8, Fiber 5, Sugar 41.1, Protein 23.7
More about "spanish beans with chicken chorizo recipes"
SPANISH CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE | FOODIECRUSH.COM
SPANISH STYLE CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND BUTTER BEAN – 370 …
EASY SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE
CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND BEAN CASSOULET RECIPE | BETTER …
SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO - A SAUCY KITCHEN
SPANISH CHICKEN WITH BEANS | SPANISH RECIPES | GOODTO
SPANISH CHICKEN WITH BEANS AND CHORIZO RECIPE | THE …
WELL-FED SPANISH-STYLE BAKED CHICKEN AND CHORIZO …
SPANISH WHITE BEANS WITH CHORIZO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
SLOW-COOKED SPANISH CHICKEN WITH CHORIZO RECIPE
10 BEST SPANISH RICE WITH CHICKEN AND BEANS RECIPES
SAUCY SPANISH CHICKEN, CHORIZO, AND POTATO POT - HOST …
ONE PAN SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO | RECIPETIN EATS
SPANISH CHORIZO, CHICKEN, VEGETABLE & BUTTER BEAN TRAYBAKE
RECIPES: SPANISH BEANS WITH CHICKEN & CHORIZO | 5 STAR RECIPES
SPANISH CHICKEN BUTTER BEANS AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE
FAMOUS SPANISH BEANS WITH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO
THE HAIRY BIKERS' SPANISH CHICKEN BAKE WITH CHORIZO RECIPE
SPANISH BEAN STEW WITH CHORIZO: THE SPANISH RECIPE EVERYONE WILL …
SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO BAKE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
SPANISH CHICKEN WITH CHORIZO AND POTATOES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES
ANDALUSIAN STYLE CHORIZO WITH BEANS | SPANISH RECIPES | GOODTO
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO STEW WITH CANNELLINI BEANS - CARRIE'S KITCHEN
SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE - EFFORTLESS FOODIE
RECIPE: HEARTY SPANISH BEAN STEW WITH CHORIZO | WHOLE FOODS …
SPANISH CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND BEAN ONE POT - ANNA'S FAMILY KITCHEN
SPANISH BEANS WITH CHICKEN & CHORIZO | CHICKEN CHORIZO, SPANISH …
ORANGE CHICKEN IN SPANISH - THERESCIPES.INFO
SPANISH CHICKEN BAKE WITH BUTTER BEANS, CHORIZO AND OLIVES
SPANISH CHICKEN WITH CHICKPEAS & CHORIZO - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SPANISH CHICKEN, CHORIZO & CHICKPEA STEW (GF, DF) RECIPE
ONE-POT SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE
SPANISH BEANS WITH CHORIZO - THE HUNGRY BITES
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SPANISH WHITE BEAN STEW WITH CHORIZO SAUSAGE - THE HUNGRY BITES
SPANISH CHORIZO & BUTTER BEAN SLOW COOKER STEW - BEAT THE BUDGET
SPANISH BEANS WITH CHICKEN & CHORIZO RECIPE
SPANISH BEANS WITH CHICKEN & CHORIZO - BIGOVEN.COM
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA
SPANISH CHORIZO, CHICKEN AND BLACK BEANS WITH RICE
RECIPE: FAMILY MEAL PREP BUNDLE WITH PORK CHORIZO & CHICKEN
SPANISH CHICKEN AND RICE WITH CHORIZO RECIPE - SPANISH SABORES
SPANISH BEAN SOUP WITH CHORIZO - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO STEW (WITH CHICKPEAS)
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken butter bean and chorizo bake recipe?Serve this chicken, butter bean and chorizo bake recipe with a good quality sourdough loaf to mop up the sauce with. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Fry 120g sliced chorizo in a flameproof casserole over a medium heat until crisp. Add 1 sliced onion, fry for 5 minutes until soft, then remove and set aside.
How do you cook with chorizo?When the oil starts to come out of the chorizo, add the onion and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and a tablespoon of parsley. Cover and cook gently for another 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and beans and give it a stir.
How to cook chicken parmesan with chorizo?Sprinkle the chicken with the smoked paprika, then heat the oil in a heavy casserole and brown the meat all over. Lift out the chicken and add the chorizo to the pan. When the oil starts to come out of the chorizo, add the onion and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and a tablespoon of parsley.
How to cook chicken and chorizo in a Dutch oven?Place a large dutch oven (or heavy pan) over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, sear the chicken on all sides until brown (in batches if necessary), about 7-8 minutes total. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Return the dutch oven to medium-high heat and add the chorizo.