SPICED PEACH BUTTER
Unlike jams and preserves, butters are cooked slowly for a long period of time. Butters are pretty easy to make and it's difficult to screw up a batch, but they are a little time consuming.
Provided by Renee Pottle
Categories Jams and Jellies
Yield 7 half-pints
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Peel and slice the peaches.
- Place in a large pot and cook over low heat until soft, adding small amounts of water if necessary to prevent scorching.
- Puree peaches with an immersion blender or in a food processor.
- Return puree to pot - you should have about 8 cups of puree. Add sugar and spices.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often until mixture has reached desired thickness. (about 45 minutes).
- Ladle into hot, clean, half-pint jars leaving about ¼ inch head space. Top with the two-piece lids and rings, and process in a water bath for 15 minutes.
Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin turn convenient canned fruit into something special with cinnamon, cloves, rosemary and lemon juice. With its festive flavor, the sunny dish is perfect for a Christmas brunch.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Drain pineapple and pears, reserving 1-1/2 cups juice. Place the pineapple, pears and oranges in a bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, rosemary, cloves and reserved juices; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. , Pour over fruit. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Discard cinnamon sticks, rosemary and cloves before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 13mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICED FRUIT BUTTER
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Peel and core or pit fruit slice. Combine prepared fruit, fruit juice, and spices in Dutch oven. Bring to boiling cover and simmer until very tender, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly. Purée in batches in blender or food processor. Return to Dutch oven.2. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat until desired consistency, stirring frequently. (This may take up to 1 hour.) Remove from heat stir in Equal. Transfer to freezer containers or jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Store up to 2 weeks in refrigerator or up to 3 months in freezer.EXCHANGESPYRAMID SERVINGSFree FoodNUTRITION FACTSCalories 8 Calories from Fat 0Fat 0 g Saturated Fat 0 gCholesterol 0 mgSodium 0 mgCarbohydrate 2 g Dietary Fiber 0 g Sugars 2 gProtein 0 g
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
SPICED HOT FRUIT
Irene Howard of Shanandoah, Iowa shares her recipe for a crowd-pleasing compote that takes advantage of convenient canned fruit. Its sweet, buttery sauce, spiced with ginger and cinnamon, makes a warm and wonderful addition to any breakfast buffet.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In an ungreased shallow 3-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the pineapple, apricots, peaches and pears; set aside. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, ginger and reserved pineapple juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks. Pour over fruit. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 35mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (32g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICED FRUIT BUTTER (FROM EQUAL)
- Peel and core or pit fruit.
- Combine prepared fruit, fruit juice and spices in dutch oven.
- Bring to boiling, cover and simmer until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree in batches in blender or food processor.
- Return to dutch oven.
- Simmer, uncovered, over low heat until desired consistency, stirring frequently (This may take up to 1 hour).
- Remove from heat, stir in Equal Spoonful.
- Transfer to freezer containers or jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Store up to 2 weeks in refrigerator or up to 3 months in freezer.
- Very nice spread over any kind of chop after turning and for all the traditional things a fruit butter is used on.
- Canadian Diabetes Association food choice value: 1 tablespoon= 1++ 60% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.2, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 3.4, Carbohydrate 52.1, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 42.2, Protein 1
More about "spiced fruit butter from equal recipes"
FLAVORED BUTTER RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASTER SWEET SPICED FRUIT BREAD - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
SPICED FRUI BAKE - TCM WORLD
BASIC SPICED BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
HOMEMADE HOT SPICED FRUIT BAKE RECIPE (STEP BY …
FRUIT BUTTER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
30 HOMEMADE BUTTER RECIPES, FROM SPICY TO SWEET - BRIT …
RECIPES FOR FRUIT BUTTER - CDKITCHEN
FRESH FRUIT BUTTER RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SPICED PEACH BUTTER (PALEO & REFINED SUGAR-FREE) - WHIP & WANDER
SPICED APPLE BUTTER | DIABETIC RECIPE - DIABETIC GOURMET MAGAZINE
SPICED FRUIT AND NUT CAKE - BUTTER FOR ALL
SPICED APPLE BUTTER | SOUTHERN LIVING
17 EASY FLAVORED BUTTER RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
SPICED ROASTED FRUIT - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
FRUIT BUTTERS AND CONSERVES - KERR HOME CANNING
HOW TO MAKE SEED BUTTERS WITH 3 VARIATIONS - THE MOVEMENT MENU
BEST WESTERN FOOD RECIPES: SPICED FRUIT BUTTER (FROM EQUAL)
NECTARINE FRUIT BUTTER WITH WARM AUTUMN SPICES - MIRLANDRA'S …
SPICED FRUIT LOAF - FEASTING IS FUN
FLAVORED BUTTER RECIPES FOR CHRISTMAS - THE BAKE SCHOOL
6 PEAR BUTTER RECIPES TO MAKE WITH LEFTOVER FRUIT | ALLRECIPES
OLD FASHIONED SPICED BOILED FRUIT CAKE - TANTALISE MY TASTE BUDS
FALL FRUIT BUTTERS - SO EASY TO MAKE! - FARMERS' ALMANAC
SPICED DRIED FRUIT CAKE WITH RUM BUTTER GLAZE RECIPE
FULL CIRCLE - RECIPE: SPICED HOT FRUIT BAKE
BERNARDIN HOME CANNING: BECAUSE YOU CAN: APPLE SPICED BUTTER
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT BUTTER (13 RECIPES) - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
EASY SPICED HOT FRUIT BAKE - COOKINGCREST
SPICED FRUIT BUTTER - FIRST PLACE FOR HEALTH
HOW TO MAKE ANY FRUIT BUTTER IN THE SLOW COOKER - KITCHN
SPICED FRUIT BUTTER RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
EASY SPICED HOT FRUIT BAKE - COTTER CRUNCH
BUTTER RECIPES OUT OF FRUIT AND NUTS | DOMINO | DOMINO
BAKED SPICED FRUIT - MIDWEST LIVING
EXTRA SPICED FRUIT BUN RECIPE - TANTALISE MY TASTE BUDS
MOROCCAN SPICED FRUIT & NUT BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you make fruit butter with any fruit?Fruit butter illustrates this technique in its purest form. Of all the fruit preserves, fruit butter is my favorite. Luckily, it can be made with nearly any kind of fruit ~ everything from mangoes and persimmons to figs and cranberries. Here are some of the best fruit butter recipes to get you started…
What is fruit butter made of?Fruit butters are the fruit pulp which has been pressed through a sieve or colander and cooked with sugar (spices if desired) until it is thick enough to spread. Cook slowly, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. Pour the butter while boiling hot into sterilized KERR JARS and seal immediately.
How do you make Indian butter at home?Add the onion, garlic, ginger, fenugreek seeds, cardamom, turmeric and cumin and continue cooking the butter for 15 minutes at a low simmer stirring occasionally. Remove the butter from the heat and let stand until the spices settle. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. This butter can be stored, covered and chilled, for up to 3 weeks.
What can I do with apple butter?Make a cocktail ~ Smooth fruit butter incorporates well into cocktails. This Apple Butter Old Fashioned from Half Baked Harvest sounds like the perfect fall drink. Add it to a sandwich ~ A little apple or plum butter on a grilled cheese sandwich is a decadent twist on a classic.