Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Michael Symon : Food Network
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- Separate the egg yolks and whites into 2 separate medium bowls. Add 1 tablespoon of water to the egg whites and, using a hand mixer, beat on medium-high speed until medium peaks form, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season the yolks with salt and pepper and beat until smooth, thickened and slightly pale in color. Fold one-third of the egg whites into the egg yolks and thoroughly mix until there are no streaks. Add half of the Gruyere and the soda water. Pour in the remaining egg whites and gently fold to combine.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until it foams, then pour in the egg mixture, smoothing the top. Cover the skillet and cook until the omelet is golden brown on the bottom and you can lift the edges to peak underneath, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and the herbs on top, cover the skillet and cook 2 more minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and keep covered until the cheese melts, about 1 minute. Fold over and serve.
Looking for an egg recipe? Then check out this great puffy omelet - perfect for a dinner.
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites, water and salt with electric mixer on high speed until stiff but not dry. In small bowl, beat egg yolks and pepper on high speed about 3 minutes or until very thick and lemon colored. Fold egg yolks into egg whites.
- In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat. As butter melts, tilt skillet to coat bottom. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Gently level surface; reduce heat to low. Cook about 5 minutes or until puffy and bottom is light brown. Carefully lift omelet at edge to see color.)
- Bake uncovered 12 to 15 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Tilt skillet and slip pancake turner or metal spatula under omelet to loosen. Fold omelet in half, being careful not to break it. Slip onto warm serving plate. Serve with salsa or tomato pasta sauce.
This is a beautiful presentation for an omelet. It doesn't look like scrambled eggs! Try with you favorite filling and toppings
Recipe From food.com
Provided by TishT
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- In a large bowl, let egg whites warm to room temperature about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On high, beat egg whites with mixer with cream of tartar just until stiff peaks form when beaters are slowly raised.
- In small bowl, using the same beaters, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Add salt, pepper, and milk gradually, beat until well combined.
- With a wire whisk or rubber spatula gently fold egg yolk mixture into the egg whites just until combined.
- Slowly heat a 9-10" heavy skillet with heat resistant handle, or an omelet pan.
- (To test temperature sprinkle a little cold water on skillet. Water should sizzle and roll off in drops).
- Add butter and oil; heat until it sizzles briskly-it should not brown.
- Tilt pan to coat side with butter mixture.
- Spread egg mixture evenly in pan; cook over low heat, without stirring, until lightly browned on underside-about 10 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven, bake 10-12 minutes or until top seems firm when gently pressed with fingertip.
- To serve, fold omelet in half.
- Turn out onto heated serving platter.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
SUPER FLUFFY OMELET RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: large egg whites, large egg yolks, unsalted butter, salt, pepper, fresh chive
Recipe From tasty.co
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- Separate the egg whites and the egg yolks in two separate bowls. You'll only need 3 yolks, so discard the other 2 or reserve for another use.
- Whisk the egg yolks until they become homogenous and pale in color. Set aside.
- Transfer the egg whites to a large bowl and whisk until they triple in size and become white with medium peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg yolks into the egg whites until fully incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture into a medium nonstick frying pan with a lid. Cook over medium-low heat until bottom of omelet has set, about 5 minutes.
- Lift up each side of the omelette and drop a tablespoon of butter underneath.
- Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the top of the omelet has set.
- Remove the lid and season the omelet with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Fold the omelette onto a plate and sprinkle with chives.
PUFFY APPLE OMELET
With all the eggs our chickens produce, I could make this omelet every day! It's a pretty festive-looking dish, but you could fix it anytime-including for a light supper. -Melissa Davenport, Campbell, Minnesota
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix flour, baking powder and, if desired, salt. In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk and lemon juice; stir into flour mixture. , In another bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until stiff peaks form. Fold into flour mixture., Pour into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices over top. Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apple., Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Melt butten in small sausepan. Blend in flour and salt. Cook one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until thick and smooth Beat egg whites untill stiff enough to hold firm peaks Beat yolks well. Stir youlks into white sause. Fold in egg whites Heat shortening in large frying pan. Pour in omelet. Cover and cook untill light brown. 20 min on medium or medium low add cheese loosen from sides, cut through middle tilt pan. fold in half and side onto platter
OVEN BAKED OMELET
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with butter.
- Beat eggs, sour cream, milk, and salt in a bowl until blended. Stir in green onions. Pour mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over eggs and continue baking until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes more.
PUFFY CORN OMELET
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add corn to a 4-quart pot of boiling salted water , then remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Drain and, when cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs with a sharp knife into a bowl, then scrape cobs over bowl to extract "milk."
- Melt butter in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet (preferably lightweight) and remove skillet from heat, then transfer 3 tablespoons melted butter to bowl with corn (leaving remaining butter in skillet to cool). Toss corn to coat and stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Whisk egg yolks with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl until combined. Beat whites with a pinch of salt in another bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed until they just hold stiff peaks. Fold one third of whites into yolks to lighten, then fold in remaining whites gently but thoroughly. Gently fold in corn mixture.
- Spoon mixture into skillet and bake until pale golden and set, 10 to 12 minutes. Loosen omelet with a heatproof rubber spatula and slide onto a plate. Serve sprinkled with chives.
- Grilling Procedure
- If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. When charcoal turns grayish white (about 15 minutes from lighting), hold your hand 5 inches above grill rack to determine heat for charcoal as follows:
- Hot: When you can hold your hand there for 1 to 2 seconds
- Medium-hot: 3 to 4 seconds
- Low: 5 to 6 seconds
- If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then, if necessary, reduce to heat specified in recipe.
weeknight time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation occasion omelets-and-frittatas breakfast eggs-dairy oven holiday-event eggs food-processor-blender stove-top dietary equipment small-appliance 4-hours-or-less
People also searched
More recipes about puffy omelet
Puffy Omelette Recipe | Get Cracking
Recipe From : eggs.caHeat skillet over medium-high heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet; smooth surface lightly. Lower heat to medium-low and cook until omelette is puffed on top and lightly … ...
Souffle Omelet (Puffy Omelet) Recipe - Food.com
Recipe From : food.com2004-04-20 · Fold yolks into whites. Heat butter in a 10 inch skillet with an oven proof handle. Pour in egg mixture, mounding it a little higher on the sides. Cook over low … ...
How to Make a Puffy Omelet - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2012-07-03 · Step 8 - Cook slowly on top of range until puffy and lightly browned on bottom, about 5 minutes. Lift omelet at edge to judge color. Step 9 - Bake 12 to 15 minutes in 325 degree oven until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Step 10 - To serve, score omelet down the center with a spatula, fold in half and serve on warm plate or platter ... ... Show details
The Secret Technique for an Extra-Fluffy Omelet
Recipe From : tasteofhome.com2018-06-08 · You can cook the fluffy mixture in a nonstick skillet on the stove top (melt butter, and cook mixture over medium-low until golden, then fold in half to serve) or in an oven-proof 8-inch skillet under the broiler (grease your skillet, add eggs, broil for 2 to 4 minutes and fold in half to serve). It … ...
Puffy Omelet - Olga's Flavor Factory
Recipe From : olgasflavorfactory.com2014-04-03 · Whisk the eggs and milk together and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake the omelet in the preheated oven … ...
Puffy Omelet with Canadian Bacon Filling Recipe | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comBeat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; stir in Canadian-style bacon, cheese, half of the basil, and pepper. Fold yolk mixture into egg whites. In a 10-inch skillet with oven-proof handle, heat 2 teaspoons of the butter over medium heat till a drop of water sizzles. ...
Puffy Omelette | Egg Recipes - Egg Farmers Of Alberta | Eggs
Recipe From : eggs.ab.caPreheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Separate yolks and whites. To yolks, add 1 tsp (5 mL) water per yolk. With electric beater, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon coloured. ... Show details
Puffy Omelette Recipe | MrBreakfast.com
Recipe From : mrbreakfast.comIn ovenproof 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat, in hot butter, cook egg mixture three minutes, or until puffy and golden on under side when lifted with a spatula. Then bake 10 minutes or until golden and top springs back when tapped with finger. Run a spatula around sides to loosen omelet. ...
76 Puffy omelet recipe ideas in 2021 | puffy omelet recipe ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comApr 8, 2021 - Explore Patriciakeel's board "Puffy omelet recipe" on Pinterest. See more ideas about puffy omelet recipe, recipes, omelets recipe. ...
Cajun Puffy Omelette Recipe - Cuisinart.com
Recipe From : cuisinart.comTransfer the pan to the preheated oven and bake the omelette for 12 to 15 minutes until the eggs are set, and the omelette is puffy and browned. Use a mitt to remove from oven. Loosen edges and transfer to a warm platter. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and cut in wedges to serve. ... Show details
Puffy Omelet Recipes | Recipebridge Recipe Search
Puffy Omelet Recipe - Food News - foodnewsnews.com
Recipe From : foodnewsnews.comMy recipe of the day is for a puffy herb omelet with chevre, also known as a souffle omelet. PUFFY OMELET 3 eggs, separated 1/3 cup mayonnaise 2 tablespoons water 1 tablespoon butter or margarine In a large bowl, beat egg whites on highest speed with electric mixer until soft peaks form; set aside. In a small bowl, combine egg yolks, mayonnaise and water. Beat thoroughly. Pour egg yolk mixture ... ... Show details
Puffy Omelet | Recipe | Recipes, Breakfast brunch recipes ...
Recipe From : pinterest.caJan 7, 2014 - Looking for an egg recipe? Then check out this great puffy omelet – perfect for a dinner. ... Show details
Puffy Fluffy Egg Omelette with Sour Cream Recipe by ...
Recipe From : cookeatshare.com2016-06-17 · Crack eggs into bowl, add sour cream and season with salt to taste; Beat eggs and sour cream until well incorporated; Clean and chop green onion and dill, add to the bowl and mix ...
Puffy Omelet Recipes | Recipebridge Recipe Search
Recipe From : recipebridge.com56 Puffy Omelet Recipes From 26 Recipe Websites. View: tile; list; Salmon Filled Puffy Omelet. Fill this low-carb omelet with smoked salmon this time; try turkey or ham n ... View Recipe. Login to Save. Puffy Omelet With Canadian Bacon Filling. Puffy Omelet With Canadian Bacon Filling. View Recipe. Login to Save . Puffy Corn Omelet. Corn and butter are combined with beaten egg whites that have ... ... Show details
Brie Puffy Omelet – Abbio
Recipe From : abbiokitchen.comBrie Puffy Omelet. A sweet AND savory egg dish that'll give you a chance to change up the daily egg routine. INGREDIENTS . 3 eggs 2 ounces brie; 3 tablespoons jam salt 1 tablespoon butter TOOLS YOU NEED. Abbio Large Nonstick Skillet Silicon spatula Cutting board; Mixing bowl x2; PREP. Nothing! Just cook! RECIPE DIRECTIONS. Place a Large Abbio Non Stick Skillet over medium heat Grab your eggs ... ... Show details
How To Make Puffy Omelets - BettyCrocker.com
Recipe From : bettycrocker.com2012-03-16 · How To Make Puffy Omelets. View Recipe: Puffy Omelet. The Betty Crocker Cookbook offers this simple method for making a light and airy Puffy Omelets with endless possibilities for topping and filling as you like. ... Show details
Sunrise Puffy Cheese Omelet Recipe | Recipes, Breakfast ...
Recipe From : pinterest.caWhen autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. ... Show details
Puffy Apple Omelet Recipe | Taste of Home
Recipe From : staging2.tasteofhome.comDirections. Preheat oven to 375°. Mix flour, baking powder and, if desired, salt. In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk and lemon juice; stir into flour mixture. In another bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until stiff peaks form. ... Show details