PAPRIKA-SPICED CHICKEN WITH LEMON YOGURT AND CRISPY POTATOES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: boneless, skinless chicken breast, smoked sweet paprika, fine sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, lemon, fingerling potato, whole milk greek yogurt, fresh parsley
Provided by Chris Salicrup
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Season the chicken breasts with paprika, salt, and pepper. Place in a shallow dish and add 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon of the mustard, the garlic, and half the lemon zest.
- Toss until the chicken breasts are fully coated, then cover the dish and marinate at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- On a baking sheet, toss the potato halves with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast until tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, and working in two batches, cook until golden brown on one side, 6 to 8 minutes. Flip each breast and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes longer. Transfer to a serving platter and repeat with the remaining oil and breasts.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt with the remaining 1 teaspoon mustard, lemon zest, salt, pepper and the parsley.
- Serve the chicken with the yogurt and potato wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 calories, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 20 grams, Sugar 7 grams
PERUVIAN ROASTED CHICKEN WITH SPICY CILANTRO SAUCE
Burnished-skinned, deeply flavored and more than just a little spicy, it's no wonder that Peruvian chicken has become something of an obsession here in the United States. There are dozens of way to make this dish, but most recipes call for two different kinds of Peruvian chile pastes - aji amarilla and aji panca - to add the necessary complexity and heat. You can find them at South American markets and online. But in a pinch, you can substitute a red chile paste (like sriracha or sambal) for the aji amarillo, and ground pasilla chile powder for the aji panca. The flavors won't be traditional, but the chicken will still be tasty - especially when slathered with the irresistibly creamy, spicy cilantro sauce that goes alongside.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, easy, weekday, poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- For the marinade: In a large bowl, whisk together garlic, soy sauce, aji amarillo paste, lime juice, aji panca paste, mustard, cumin, pepper and salt.
- Add chicken halves, turning to coat them all over with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange skin-side up on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Roast until skin is golden and chicken is cooked through, 35 to 45 minutes (if using chicken parts, remove the breasts after 25 to 35 minutes). Remove from oven and let sit, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes before serving.
- While chicken is roasting, make the sauce. In a blender, blend cilantro, jalapeños, feta, garlic, lime juice, oregano, salt, mustard, aji amarillo paste, honey, and cumin until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in oil until mixture is emulsified. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt or lime juice or both.
- Carve the chicken and serve with the sauce and lime wedges on the side.
ROAST SPICED CHICKEN
Ever have a worn index card recipe from your mother with food stains covering the words? Spiced chicken has been in our family more than 50 years. -Cindy Kanwar, Blacklick, OH
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in lemon juice, mustard, paprika and garlic salt. Keep warm., Sprinkle half the thyme mixture inside chicken; if desired, place quartered lemon inside chicken. Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together., Brush outside of chicken with 1/2 cup butter mixture; sprinkle with remaining thyme mixture. Roast 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes with remaining butter mixture. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.), Roast until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, 30-60 minutes longer. Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390 calories, Fat 27g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 132mg cholesterol, Sodium 918mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 33g protein.
SPICED ROAST CHICKEN WITH TANGY YOGURT SAUCE
This weeknight meal is inspired by the spiced chicken and rice that draws lines at halal street carts across Manhattan. Whether it's lunchtime or late at night, the scent and Mediterranean flavors of grilled and chopped chicken served over turmeric-tinged yellow rice (or wrapped in pita) alongside shredded iceberg salad lures a crowd. Everything gets an imperative, generous drizzle of that signature creamy and tangy white sauce, made here with a blend of yogurt, mayonnaise and spices. Fresh garlic, cilantro and lemon juice are combined with a tasty mix of fragrant spices, then rubbed all over the chicken before it's roasted until golden and crispy. The iceberg-and-tomato salad offers a cool, refreshing contrast to the spiced chicken.
Provided by Kay Chun
Categories dinner, weeknight, poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Prepare the chicken: Heat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, fresh garlic, coriander, paprika, cumin, oregano and granulated onion with half of the cilantro and half of the lemon juice; mix well. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread the seasoned chicken in a single layer on a large sheet pan and roast until golden and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken roasts, make the white sauce: In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, granulated garlic and granulated onion; season with salt and pepper, then mix well; set aside.
- Add the remaining cilantro and lemon juice to the roasted chicken and mix well, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Divide chicken, lettuce and tomatoes among 4 plates and drizzle with some of the white sauce. Serve with lemon wedges, plus pita and hot sauce, if using.
SHAWARMA-SPICED CHICKEN PITA WITH TAHINI-YOGURT SAUCE
Traditional shawarma calls for roasting meat on a large vertical spit. We mimic the effect here by roasting at a high temperature, which yields chicken that is crisp on the outside yet moist and juicy on the inside.
Provided by Rhoda Boone
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, 2 Tbsp. oil, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of thigh registers 165°F, 12-15 minutes; wrap pitas in foil and warm in oven during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt, tahini, garlic, lemon zest, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl until incorporated. Fold in 2 Tbsp. dill and 2 Tbsp. mint.
- Toss cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, remaining 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in another medium bowl.
- Thinly slice chicken. Place 1 warmed pita on each plate and top evenly with chicken and tomato-cucumber salad. Drizzle each pita with 2 Tbsp. tahini-yogurt sauce; top with dill and mint. Serve remaining tahini-yogurt sauce alongside.
- Do Ahead
- Tahini-yogurt sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
SPICY TARRAGON YOGURT CHICKEN
Tarragon is one of the most aromatic and sweetest herbs that there is. It's good with chicken and really nice in a marinade like this. A good way to mix up the same old grilled chicken recipes.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine tarragon, Greek yogurt, harissa sauce, garlic, vinegar, cumin, and salt in a blender. Puree until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Pour marinade over chicken breasts in a shallow dish, thoroughly coating both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken breasts from the marinade and place on the pre-heated grill. Cook over medium-high heat until dark grill marks appear, about 7 minutes per side.
- Garnish with harissa sauce and a sprig of tarragon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.5 calories, Carbohydrate 2.9 g, Cholesterol 151.8 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 56.6 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 1280.5 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
GARLIC-CURRY CHICKEN THIGHS WITH YOGURT SAUCE
Yogurt gets used in two ways in this simple dinner party-worthy chicken dish: as a tenderizing marinade and mixed with the pan juices to create a rich sauce for serving.
Provided by Anna Stockwell
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix garlic, oil, curry powder, 1 cup yogurt, 2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl. Working in batches, add chicken thighs and turn to coat, using your hands to rub marinade under skin of each thigh. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag and chill at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Position a rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 425°F. Transfer marinated chicken, skin side up, to a 13x9" baking dish. Roast chicken until skin is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of chicken registers 165°F, about 35 minutes. If chicken skin starts to burn, move pan to a lower rack to finish cooking.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter, reserving pan juices. Whisk lemon juice, 1/4 cup pan juices, remaining 1 cup yogurt, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a medium bowl. If sauce is too thick, add more pan juices. Serve sauce alongside chicken.
- Do Ahead
- Chicken can marinate up to 1 day before cooking. Keep chilled.
SPICY YOGURT CHICKEN
- With a sharp knife, make a few slashes in each drumstick. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, season to taste. Add the drumsticks, rubbing the mixture well into the meat. If you have time, cover and chill for 30 mins.
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade, shaking off the excess. Cook them on the barbecue for 20-25 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Protein 37 grams protein, Sodium 0.49 milligram of sodium
SPICY CHICKEN BREASTS WITH TAHINI-YOGURT SAUCE
Oooh, I can't wait to make this one - I love Middle Eastern food! From the net for Zaar World Tour 05!
Provided by currybunny
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the spices in a small bowl. Put the chicken and spices in a mixing bowl and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Put the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Brown the chicken 1½ to 2 minutes on the meaty side, then turn and brown for 3 to 4 minutes on the skin side. Pour out any excess oil. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is just cooked through. Serve with Tahini-Yogurt Sauce.
- Tahini-Yoghurt Sauce:.
- Mix tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, and honey together in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate if not using immediately, but this sauce should not be kept more than 24 hours.
More about "spiced roast chicken with tangy yogurt sauce recipes"
SPATCHCOCK CHICKEN IN SPICY YOGURT SAUCE - VIKALINKA
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hrCategory MainCalories 495 per serving
- To spatchcock a chicken place it breast side down and with a sharp knife or kitchen scissors cut along one side of a backbone then repeat with the other side. Remove the backbone and turn the bird the cut side down. Place the palm of your hand on the chicken breast and push down firmly to flatten it. Tuck the wing tips under the breasts to avoid burning. (See the photo guide in the post) Use the backbone to make a chicken stock or discard.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl or measuring cup and pour of the spatchcocked chicken, let it marinade for one hour in the refrigerator.
SPICED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH YOGURT SAUCE RECIPE
INDIAN SPICED ROAST CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
SPICED ROAST CHICKEN | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER …
ROAST CHICKEN WITH SPICY YOGURT MARINADE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrsCategory DinnerCalories 653 per serving
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH YOGURT GARLIC MARINADE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
07 AMAZING WAYS TO USE THAI SEASONING TO JAZZ UP YOUR DISHES!
SPICED ROAST CHICKEN WITH TANGY YOGURT SAUCE - MASTERCOOK
SPICED ROAST CHICKEN WITH TANGY YOGURT SAUCE (NYT)
15 WHERE DID CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA ORIGINATE FROM - SELECTED …
THAI ROAST CHICKEN WITH SPICY SAUCE | MARION'S KITCHEN
PERUVIAN-STYLE ROAST CHICKEN WITH TANGY GREEN SAUCE
SMOKY AND SPICY YOGURT MARINATED CHICKEN KEBABS RECIPE
YOGURT RECIPES - NYT COOKING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make spicy yogurt sauce?For the Spicy Yogurt Sauce. 250 ml/ 1 cup plain yogurt full fat. 1 garlic clove minced. 1 tsp smoked paprika. ½ tsp cayenne pepper. ¼ tsp chilli flakes. 3 tbsp parsley chopped. 1 tsp fresh lemon juice.
How do you use yogurt in chicken curry?Yogurt gets used in two ways in this simple dinner party-worthy chicken dish: as a tenderizing marinade and mixed with the pan juices to create a rich sauce for serving. Mix garlic, oil, curry powder, 1 cup yogurt, 2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl.
How do you cook a chicken breast in a yogurt sauce?Then take out and smother with 3-4 tbsp of the spicy yogurt sauce, cook for 15 minutes longer until the skin is crispy and the temperature of the thickest part of the breast reads 165F/74C. Let it rest for 15 minutes before carving it.
How do you make white sauce for roasted chicken?While the chicken roasts, make the white sauce: In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, granulated garlic and granulated onion; season with salt and pepper, then mix well; set aside. Add the remaining cilantro and lemon juice to the roasted chicken and mix well, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.