ROASTED PUMPKIN WITH ROOT VEGETABLES AND BROCCOLI
This is a great and hearty seasonal vegetable dish which can be used as a side dish or as an entire meal. The blend of seasoning adds a little spice and sweet. I came up with this recipe on a Sunday evening when I had 1 unused sweet potato, 1 unused redskin potato, and unused leftover pumpkin from the pumpkin butter recipe I found here on Allrecipes, which is great by the way. This recipe would make a great side dish for Thanksgiving.
Provided by KSchirm13
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepared a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin, broccoli, beet, onion, sweet potato, and red potato in a large bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, pepper, cloves, allspice, and sea salt together in a small bowl; pour over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Spread onto prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until all vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225.2 calories, Carbohydrate 36.2 g, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 246.2 mg, Sugar 14.9 g
PUMPKIN SPICED AND SUGARED PUMPKIN SEEDS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the pumpkin seeds in a large bowl with the melted butter and maple syrup until well coated. In a separate small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and paprika. Sprinkle the mixture over the pumpkin seeds and toss to coat evenly. Spread the seeds in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring the seeds halfway through and rotating the baking sheet, until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Combine the margarine, salt, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce and pumpkin seeds. Mix thoroughly and place in shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90.2 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Fat 5.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 213.7 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
SPICY PUMPKIN SEEDS
We look forward to fall in anticipation of making these spicy pumpkin seeds. I often put some in a decorated jar to give as a gift.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with oil, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Combine the salt, paprika, cumin and cayenne; sprinkle over seeds and toss to coat. , Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil. Spread pumpkin seeds in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 250° until lightly browned and dry, 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 158mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Place seeds in a bowl and fill with water; swish seeds around; strain. Rinse and drain.
- Toss seeds with lime or lemon juice, cayenne, and 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and toast in oven for 12 minutes. Stir and continue toasting for 10-12 minutes more, or until puffed and fragrant. Remove from oven; cool.
INDIA SPICED RICE WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS
This is a mellow-flavored dish that works well as a side to strongly-flavored entrees, or as a bed to curries or chilis.
Provided by MN_SpiceHunter
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine water and rice in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Dry toast the pumpkin seeds in a large skillet over high heat by shaking the pan over the heat until the seeds begin to pop. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In skillet, heat the oil and hing. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and sesame seeds; saute until they begin to pop. This will only take a few seconds!
- Add onion and cilantro, saute until onion is soft and translucent. Remove from heat.
- Stir remaining ingredients into onion mixture, mix well. Add onion mixture and pumpkin seeds to rice, mix well. If rice has cooled, heat over low heat, stirring often.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415.9, Fat 14.4, SaturatedFat 2.4, Sodium 18.7, Carbohydrate 63.6, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 2.2, Protein 9.8
SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove seeds from pumpkin. Discard membranes and spread seeds on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Toss seeds with olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste, plus cinnamon, cumin, cayenne, and honey.
- Return to oven and roast coated seeds until golden, about 15 minutes. Scrape from pan and stir seeds as they cool to prevent sticking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 15 g, Sodium 144 g
ROASTED SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, toss pumpkin seeds, lime juice, and chili powder. Season with salt. Bake, stirring once, until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257 g, Fat 21 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 153 g
More about "spiced root vegetables with pumpkin seeds recipes"
INDIAN-SPICED ROOT VEGETABLE CURRY - COOK VEGGIELICIOUS
SPICY ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS RECIPE - DR. AXE
SPICED ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER …
SPICY ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
SPICED ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS - A TASTY SNACK! - PIMP MY RECIPE
SPICED ROOT VEGETABLES WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SPICED ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS - RUSTIC FAMILY RECIPES
THE BEST ROASTED & SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS YOU'LL EVER TASTE!
35+ RECIPES WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS | MYRECIPES
ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES WITH PUMPKIN SEED DRESSING | CTV NEWS
SPICED ROOT VEGETABLES WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS | RECIPE
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
SPICED UP PUMPKIN SEEDS - PATI JINICH
SPICED ROOT VEGETABLES WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS RECIPE | FOOD …
SPICED ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP - NOURISHED BY CAROLINE
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE PUMPKIN SEEDS | ALLRECIPES
6 WAYS TO SPICE UP ROOT VEGETABLES IN THE KITCHEN - GROWVEG
SPICED ROOT VEGETABLES — JANE LOVETT.
SPICE ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES | QUICK & EASY | OH MY VEGGIES
SPICY PUMPKIN SEEDS | RICARDO
SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS - THE NEW BAGUETTE
SPICY ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS | RECIPE BOX | SPICE & KISSES
INDIAN SPICED PUMPKIN AND ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP - NADIA LIM
FOOD NETWORK SPICED ROOT VEGETABLES WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS RECIPE
SPICED HONEY ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
30 PUMPKIN SEED RECIPES TO SPICE UP YOUR LIFE - GREEN TALK®
SPICY ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS - SABRINA'S SINLESS SECRETS
BEST SPICED HULLED PUMPKIN SEEDS RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
ROASTED BABY ROOT VEGETABLES WITH PUMPKIN SEED DIP (FM)
ROOT VEGETABLES AND PUMPKIN RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
ROASTED STUFFED PUMPKIN WITH SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS RECIPE
SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS: A SUPER SIMPLE AND EASY RECIPE TO PREPARE
SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS (PEPITAS) - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SAVORY OR SPICED ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS RECIPE - OPRAH.COM
SPICED ROOT VEGETABLES WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love