SPICY BASIL CHICKEN
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the garlic and chile peppers until golden brown. Mix in chicken and sugar, and season with garlic salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, but not done.
- Stir oyster sauce into the skillet. Mix in mushrooms and onions, and continue cooking until onions are tender and chicken juices run clear. Remove from heat, and mix in basil. Let sit 2 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.1 calories, Carbohydrate 11.9 g, Cholesterol 69.3 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 28.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 656.5 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
SPICY BASIL CHICKEN STIR-FRY
In this quick Thai-inspired dinner, chunks of juicy chicken thigh are stir-fried with a flavorful three-ingredient sauce (soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar), fiery Thai chiles, and plenty of fresh basil.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Stir together oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Season chicken with salt; pat dry. Heat a large skillet or wok over high; swirl in 2 tablespoons oil. Add half of chicken and cook, undisturbed, until browned on bottom, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and chicken, leaving second batch in skillet.
- Return first batch of chicken to skillet along with shallots, garlic, and chile. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant and chicken is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in oyster-sauce mixture, then basil. Remove from heat; continue stirring until basil just wilts and sauce coats chicken. Serve immediately with rice, lime wedges, and basil leaves.
MYRA'S BASIL CHICKEN STIR FRY
This is easy and my kids love it. I've also made it with cubed pork from cheap pork chops. You can spice this dish up with crushed red pepper flakes. Serve over rice. Don't substitute dried basil, though! It has to be fresh! And though it sounds like a lot of basil, that makes the dish.
Provided by Myra Steinberg Levine
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine soy sauce, water, and sugar in a bowl.
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce mixture for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Cook and stir green onions in oil for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Pour 3 tablespoons oil into the skillet. Cook and stir chicken and marinade until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves to chicken. Cover for 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir green onion mixture into chicken and spinach; cook to reheat onions, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in basil and cook until heated, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5.9 g, Cholesterol 86.1 mg, Fat 13 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 33.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 272.6 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
SPICY THAI BASIL, CHICKEN & NOODLE STIR-FRY
This is a recipe I got off the Thai Kitchen red rice noodles box. It's fantastic and very authentic tasting. It's also good with regular rice noodles and Asian wheat noodles. I've made it with Italian sweet basil, and also by substituting cilantro for the basil. Both are very good. I haven't tried it yet, but I think this would be great served with crushed peanuts sprinkled on top. I'm posting the recipe here for safekeeping.
Provided by Goody2shz
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Mix sugar, lime juice and fish sauce in small bowl. Set aside. Bring large pot of water to boil. Remove from heat. Add red rice noodles, stirring to separate noodles in water. Let stand 5 to 7 minutes or until noodles are tender but firm. (If you are using Asian wheat noodles, you will need to actually cook them for 5-7 minutes rather than merely letting them soak in hot water.) Drain well. Place in serving bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add garlic and chile; stir fry 15 seconds or until fragrant. Add chicken, carrots and green onions; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 3. Stir in fish sauce mixture; stir fry 1 minute. Add basil (or cilantro); stir fry 30 seconds or until basil (or cilantro) is wilted. Add to noodles in bowl; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Thai basil has dark green leaves with purple stems and has a licorice flavor. It can be found in most Asian markets. If unavailable, substitute Italian basil.
STIR-FRIED BASIL CHICKEN
Fresh basil is a standout in this easy-to- make entree from Mildred Sherrer, a field editor in Fort Worth, Texas.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large resealable bag, combine the water, soy sauce and sugar; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes., In a wok or skillet, stir-fry the onions in 1 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove and keep warm. , Drain and discard any marinade from chicken. In the same wok, stir-fry chicken in 3 teaspoons oil for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear. , Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the bok choy in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add onion mixture to chicken. Stir in basil; heat through. Serve with bok choy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 110mg cholesterol, Sodium 307mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 44g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN & NOODLE STIR-FRY
- Mix sugar,lime juice and fish sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Remove from heat. Add rice noodles, stirring to separate noodles. Let stand 5 to 7 minutes, or until noodles are tender but firm. Drain well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok on medium high heat. Add garlic and chili; stir-fry 15 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chicken, carrots and green onions; stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in fish sauce mixture; stir-fry 1 minute. Add basil; stir-fry 30 seconds or until basil is wilted.
- Add noodles; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
SPICY BEEF STIR-FRY WITH BASIL
This simple, delicious recipe for a spicy beef stir-fry comes from Leela Punyaratabandhu, a cookbook author who adapted it from Soei, a family-run restaurant in Bangkok. Using thinly sliced beef tenderloin means the dish is ready in just minutes, and you can adjust the heat to taste by reducing or increasing the number of fresh bird's-eye chiles. Made with fresh holy-basil leaves, the classic Thai dish is known as phat ka-phrao. If you can't find holy basil at a Thai market, Indian market or health food store, you could swap in more widely available Thai sweet basil (pictured), and make a dish of phat bai hora-pha. The dish could be one part of a larger meal or stand alone with some jasmine rice and a fried egg.
Provided by Tejal Rao
Categories dinner, quick, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- If you're making rice with this dish, get it started. In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, chicken stock and sugar. In a mortar or small food processor, grind together the garlic and chiles into a coarse paste.
- Heat the lard in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic-chile paste, and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Before the garlic starts to brown, add the beef, and stir-fry to separate the pieces and coat with fat. Add the liquid mixture, making sure not to leave any behind in the bowl, and cook until the beef is only barely pink, about 2 minutes. Add the lime leaves, and continue to cook until no pink remains on the beef, about 1 minute. Add the basil leaves, and stir until they are just starting to wilt, then remove from heat and serve with rice. (You can fish out the large pieces of makrut leaves before serving or put them aside as you eat.)
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 522, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 36 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 37 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 466 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "spicy basil chicken stir fry recipes"
SPICY BASIL CHICKEN - KHIN'S KITCHEN | THAI STREET FOOD
5/5 (5)Category Main CourseCuisine Thai CuisineCalories 393 per serving
- Heat the pan to medium heat, drizzle oil and add the chopped garlic and stir for few seconds then add the chopped chillies and stir for few seconds.
- Add the minced chicken and stir fry with medium-high heat till the chicken colour changed, then add the stir fry sauce mix. Continue stir fry with medium high heat for 1-2 min till the chicken is starting to be glossy.
SPICY BASIL CHICKEN STIR FRY - ANDIE MITCHELL
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory PoultryCalories 287 per serving
- In a small bowl, whisk the chicken broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and chili sauce.In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 ½ teaspoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate. Add the remaining 1 ½ teaspoons of oil to the skillet and swirl to coat. Add the onion and asparagus and cook, stirring frequently, until just beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir constantly until fragrant, 30 seconds. Return the chicken to the pan along with the soy sauce mixture.
- Stir and let the sauce come to a simmer until it thickens enough to coat the chicken and vegetables. Stir in the basil until wilted and fragrant and serve.
SPICY BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (88)Calories 291 per serving
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN - COOK WITH DANA
FAST AND HEALTHY STIR FRY BASIL CHICKEN - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
THAI BASIL CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
BASIL CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN FRIED RICE - THAT SPICY CHICK
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN STIR FRY - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SPICY CHICKEN STIR-FRY (FIREBIRD CHICKEN) - THE WOKS OF LIFE
AUTHENTIC THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE (ผัดกระเพราไก่)
INSANELY DELICIOUS SPICY BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE - LITTLE CHEF BIG …
20-MINUTE SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN (PAD GAPRAO GAI)
STIR-FRIED CHICKEN WITH HOT BASIL - THE SPLENDID TABLE
25 MINUTE BLACK PEPPER JALAPEñO BASIL CHICKEN STIR FRY.
THAI BASIL CHICKEN STIR FRY - MODERN FARMHOUSE EATS
THE BEST SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN! - THAT SPICY CHICK
SPICY BASIL CHICKEN STIR FRY | RECIPE | STIR FRY RECIPES CHICKEN, BASIL ...
SPICY CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SPICY CHICKEN AND BASIL STIR-FRY | WILLIAMS SONOMA
SPICY THAI CHICKEN STIR FRY | RECIPETIN EATS
SPICY CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH RICE NOODLES AND BASIL
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN STIR-FRY - A CEDAR SPOON
CHICKEN AND BASIL STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THAI BASIL CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN & NOODLE STIR-FRY | THAI KITCHEN
SPICY CHICKEN AND BASIL STIR FRY - THE DEFINED DISH
WEEKNIGHT SPICY THAI BASIL STIR-FRY - MARION'S KITCHEN
SPICY BASIL CHICKEN AND TOFU RECIPE - VIET WORLD KITCHEN
THE BEST THAI BASIL CHICKEN STIR-FRY - SOUTHERN KISSED
15 MINUTE THAI BASIL CHICKEN - HOST THE TOAST
EASY SPICY CHICKEN STIR FRY WITH BASIL - ARIE'S KITCHEN
SPICY BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
SPICY BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE (QUICK & EASY!) - AVERIE COOKS
10 BEST HOT AND SPICY STIR FRY CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE (PAD KRAPOW GAI)
SPICY BEEF STIR-FRY WITH BASIL RECIPE - TODAY.COM
SPICY BASIL CHICKEN - DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
SPICY GARLIC CHICKEN STIR FRY : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
INSANELY DELICIOUS SPICY BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE BY RACHEL WINKLER
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE - PAD KRAPOW
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make spicy Thai basil chicken?For the Spicy Thai Basil Chicken: Turn on the stove and set to medium-high heat. Heat the remaining 1 TBLS of peanut oil, 1 TSP chili oil (if using), and 1 TSP of sesame oil in the wok. Once the oil is hot, add the shallots and garlic. Sauté until fragrant – about 1 minute. Add the Thai dried red chilies and stir-fry to combine.
How to make chicken stir fry sauce?Heat the pan to medium heat, drizzle oil and add the chopped garlic and stir for few seconds then add the chopped chillies and stir for few seconds. Add the minced chicken and stir fry with medium-high heat till the chicken colour changed, then add the stir fry sauce mix.
How long to cook chicken stir fry?Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high. Add onions and carrots; stir-fry 1-2 minutes. Add bell peppers, water chestnuts, and mushrooms; stir-fry 1-2 minutes. Add chicken, garlic, jalapenos and serrano and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in broth mixture; simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
How do you Add basil to stir fry noodles?Add basil (or cilantro); stir fry 30 seconds or until basil (or cilantro) is wilted. Add to noodles in bowl; toss to coat.