CONTEST-WINNING THREE-BEAN SOUP
This chili-like soup is delicious and very low in fat. Salsa, cumin and chili powder gave it plenty of flavor while several canned items make it fast to throw together on busy nights. -Joni Voit Champlin, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 755mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 10g fiber), Protein 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
This is a terrific recipe for cold days. Even my young son asks for it! I like it because it's so easy to fix.-Marilyn Coy, St. Helena, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield Yield: 8-10 servings (9 cups).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a stockpot, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, consomme, water, barley, onion, salt, marjoram and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50 minutes., Stir in all the beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle individual bowls with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 26mg cholesterol, Sodium 1096mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
THREE BEAN SOUP
This is a great filling soup with potential to adjust to your individual taste. You can add the hamburger or leave out...I leave it out.
Provided by TishT
Yield 12 one cup servings, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook hamburger until mostly cooked, then add onion and garlic in the saucepan and slowly cook until tender and browned.
- Place the great northern beans, red kidney beans, black beans, celery, carrots, potatoes, tomato-vegetable juice cocktail, brown sugar, thyme, water and vegetable bouillon in the saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat approximately 25 minutes.
- As the mixture thickens, stir in the red wine.
THREE-BEAN SOUP WITH TURKEY MEATBALLS AND DIJON MUSTARD DUMPLINGS
- Add the olive oil and butter in a Dutch oven and place over medium heat. Saute the onions, carrots and celery for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan add beef stock and bring to the boil on a medium heat, once the vegetables have softened add the simmering stock to the Dutch oven. (We should never add a cold liquid to an already heated pot as it dramatically drops the heat and slows down the cooking process.)
- As the stock is at temperature, add the lentils, barley and stir the broth. Place the lid back on and let the mixture cook for 5 minutes. Then add the drained and rinsed beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the browned turkey meatballs to the stock. Meanwhile, begin making your dumplings.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, salt, baking powder and Dijon mustard. Sparingly add the water to the mixture and fold mixture until it forms a dough. With 2 tablespoons mold your dumplings 2 inches in diameter then drop them into the already simmering turkey meatballs and bean soup. Cook together for an additional 25 minutes with the lid on. Once the dumplings have risen and expanded, serve!
- In a heated skillet add olive oil and onions. Slightly cook them for about 5 minutes (we want the onions softened not colored). Place into a bowl and let cool.
- Take the 2 cups of broken up bread and place into a bowl with the milk. Let the bread soak for 5 minutes. Squeeze and drain the bread then place it into a large mixing bowl. Add the turkey meat, beaten eggs, chopped parsley, salt, black pepper, golden raisins and toasted pine nuts.
- Fold all ingredients together. Do not over work the turkey meat.
- Fill a Dutch oven with vegetable oil and place on low heat. Dust a baking sheet with about an inch of flour.
- In your hands scoop up a two-finger portion of the turkey mixture and with the palm of your hands shape the balls a little larger than a golf ball. As you make the balls add them to the baking tray with the flour and roll them until evenly coated.
- Carefully add the meatballs to the oil and brown for about 6 minutes. Transfer turkey meatballs to a plate and set aside for bean soup. Pour excess oil into a bowl.
THREE BEAN SOUP
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, green and yellow bell peppers in oil until softened. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans and kidney beans. Heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208.8 calories, Carbohydrate 34.6 g, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 12 g, Protein 11.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 294.7 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
THREE-BEAN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Soak beans overnight in plenty of cold water; or boil 2 minutes, cover, and let stand 1 hour. Drain beans.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add celery and carrots and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add broth, the water, beans, tomatoes, garlic, 1/4 cup parsley, and the bay leaf. Boil uncovered 10 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until beans are tender, about 1 hour. Remove bay leaf.
- Puree half the soup in food processor or blender and return to saucepan. Season with salt and pepper and stir in remaining 1/4 cup parsley.
- Serve soup hot with Parmesan cheese, sour cream, and tomato.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277.4, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 583.5, Carbohydrate 45, Fiber 10.8, Sugar 5.5, Protein 17.5
For those transitional chilly spring days when it's still brisk enough to merit a bowl of soup, this is your answer. It's a lighter, brighter stew that leans more on fresh beans than it does the dried ones. Just keep in mind you have to soak the lima beans overnight.
Provided by Molly Baz
Yield 6-8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Quarter leeks lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2" pieces. Rinse leeks in a fine-mesh strainer and pat dry with paper towels. Smash garlic cloves with the flat side of a chef's knife and peel; set 2 cloves aside.
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown and starting to crisp, 8-10 minutes. Add smashed garlic and 2 Tbsp. oil and cook, stirring often, until garlic is just beginning to turn golden 3-4 minutes. Add leeks, chopped fennel, celery, thyme, bay leaf, and 1 Tbsp. salt. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are beginning to soften, about 4 minutes. Add lima beans, red pepper flakes, and 6 cups water and bring to a simmer. Partially cover pot, reduce heat to low, and gently simmer, occasionally skimming and discarding any foam that rises to the surface, until beans are slightly crunchy but not quite creamy, 25 minutes. Add Romano beans and snap peas, return to a simmer, and continue to cook, adding just enough water to keep beans submerged, until dried beans are creamy and fresh beans are just cooked through, about 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, pulse dill, zest of whole lemon, fennel fronds, and 1 reserved garlic clove in a food processor until finely chopped. With the motor running, stream in 1/2 cup oil. Add 3/4 tsp. salt and squeeze in 2 tsp. lemon juice. Transfer pesto to a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove stew from heat and stir in crème fraîche, black pepper, and 4 tsp. lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Rub bread with remaining garlic clove, drizzle with oil, and season lightly with salt.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle with pesto, then top with shaved Parmesan. Serve with garlic bread and remaining pesto alongside.
HEARTY HAM AND THREE-BEAN SOUP
Dinner ready in 35 minutes! Try this no-fuss soup made with ham and three types of bean - a hearty meal.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix all ingredients in 3- or 4-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender and soup is slightly thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 62 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fiber 16 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 560 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 0 g
Inspired by some beautiful heirloom cannellini beans I had in my pantry, I decided to combine them with the favas that are just about to disappear from markets and the green beans that will be around into the fall. I cook the favas and green beans separately and stir them into the soup a few minutes before serving so they'll retain their bright green color.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, soups and stews, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Drain the white beans and combine with 7 cups water, the intact half of the onion, the 2 peeled garlic cloves and the bay leaf in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, skim off any foam that rises and reduce the heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour, until the beans are just tender. Add salt to taste and freshly ground pepper.
- In a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the chopped onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes, and add the garlic and the red bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the beans with their liquid and the bouquet garni, and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer 1 hour, until the beans and vegetables are tender and the broth is aromatic. Taste and adjust salt. Add freshly ground pepper.
- Meanwhile, rinse out the saucepan you started the beans in, fill halfway with water and bring to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water. When the water in the saucepan comes to a boil, add salt to taste and drop in the green beans. Boil 4 minutes, and then transfer the beans to the ice water without draining the pot, using a slotted spoon or strainer. Drain the beans and cut in 1-inch pieces. Bring the water in the saucepan back to a boil and shell and skin the favas.
- Shortly before serving the soup, stir in the chopped parsley and mint, add the green beans and skinned favas and simmer for a few minutes. Serve, topped with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 409, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 67 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 21 grams, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 766 milligrams, Sugar 18 grams
THREE BEAN SALAD
- Mix together green beans, wax beans, kidney beans, onion, sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Let set in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.5 calories, Carbohydrate 15.9 g, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 298.6 mg, Sugar 10.6 g
More about "three bean soup recipes"
THREE BEAN SOUP | RICARDO
3/5 (3)Category AppetizersServings 6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
- In a saucepan, brown the pancetta in the oil over medium heat. Remove the pancetta and set aside. Keep the fat in the pan.
- In the same pan, soften the onion and garlic in the fat. Add the broth and the yellow and green beans. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the kidney beans and cook until the vegetables are tender.
10 BEST BEAN SOUP DRY BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
THREE BEAN SOUP - KITCHEN STEWARDSHIP
THREE BEAN SOUP RECIPE
THREE BEAN SOUP - RELISH
THREE BEAN SOUP - OLIVE MAGAZINE RECIPES AND TRAVEL AND …
THREE-BEAN LENTIL SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
SOUTHWESTERN THREE-BEAN & BARLEY SOUP RECIPE
THREE BEAN SOUP WITH VEGETABLES AND PASTA RECIPE
THREE BEAN SOUP RECIPE - GLORIOUS SOUP RECIPES
THREE BEAN CHICKEN SOUP - WORDS OF DELICIOUSNESS
THREE-BEAN SOUP WITH CANADIAN BACON RECIPE | MYRECIPES
VEGETARIAN THREE BEAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - MOLLY YEH | FOOD
THREE BEAN VEGETABLE SOUP - ELIZABETH'S KITCHEN DIARY
THREE BEAN VEGETABLE SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SOUTHWESTERN THREE BEAN SOUP RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
RECIPE: THREE BEAN & PASTA SOUP (OIL-FREE, PLANT-BASED, VEGAN)
SPICY THREE BEAN SOUP – EASY CHEESY VEGETARIAN
THREE BEAN SANTA FE SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HEALTHY 3 BEAN SOUP - MY WHOLE FOOD LIFE
THREE BEAN SOUP - A QUICK AND FAMILY FRIENDLY DINNER
THREE BEAN SOUP RECIPE - THE GRACIOUS PANTRY
A CREAMY THREE BEAN SOUP RECIPE - MY DIVERSE KITCHEN
BEAN SOUP RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MEDITERRANEAN BEAN SOUP RECIPE WITH TOMATO PESTO
THREE BEAN SOUP - GLORIOUS SOUP RECIPES
THREE BEAN VEGETABLE SOUP (VEGAN) | CROWDED KITCHEN
3 BEAN CHICKEN SOUP FOR A COZY FALL DINNER IDEA | FOX NEWS
THREE BEAN AND TOMATO SOUP RECIPE | SAFEFOOD
THREE BEAN COWBOY SOUP – S&W BEANS
SOUTHWESTERN THREE-BEAN & BARLEY SOUP MIX RECIPE | EATINGWELL
THREE BEAN CHICKEN SOUP - QUICHE MY GRITS
ITALIAN MINESTRONE THREE BEAN SOUP RECIPE | JOVIAL FOODS
10 BEST EASY BEAN SOUP WITH CANNED BEANS RECIPES - YUMMLY
DRIED BEAN SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
3 BEAN VEGETABLE SOUP (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE) - MY WHOLE FOOD LIFE
THREE BEAN MINESTRONE SOUP | WALKING ON SUNSHINE RECIPES
SOUTHWESTERN THREE BEAN SOUP - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #lunch #main-dish #soups-stews #beans #beef #vegetables #american #easy #stove-top #dietary #comfort-food #inexpensive #black-beans #ground-beef #meat #taste-mood #equipment
You'll also love