SPICY THREE BEAN SOUP
This wonderfully hearty soup is great for chilly fall or winter nights. Three types of beans and plenty of vegetables combine in this flavorful medley. Dry beans may be substituted, but will require soaking overnight.
Provided by KATE76
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place onion and garlic in the saucepan and slowly cook and stir until tender and browned.
- Place the great northern beans, red kidney beans, black beans, celery, carrots, potatoes, tomato-vegetable juice cocktail, brown sugar, thyme, water and vegetable bouillon in the saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat approximately 25 minutes. As the mixture thickens, stir in the red wine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310.3 calories, Carbohydrate 51 g, Cholesterol 1.6 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 9.4 g, Protein 11.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 393.2 mg, Sugar 10.6 g
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
A splash of sherry enhances this hearty, easy-to-make black bean soup. For a milder flavor, remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapeno before dicing. -Tia Musser, Hudson, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Stir in the beans, broth, tomatoes and chopped green chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Add sherry and cilantro; cook 5 minutes longer., Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Place half of soup in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to the pan and heat through. Top each serving with 2 teaspoons sour cream and 1 teaspoon cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 556mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
SPICY CHILLI BEAN SOUP
There's minimal prep time to make this hearty vegetarian stew, which works just as well as an easy dinner or packed in a flask for lunch
Provided by Chelsie Collins
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Soup, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan and fry the chopped onion over a medium heat until tender. Add the garlic and tomato purée, stirring for 1-2 mins until combined. Sprinkle in the spices and cook for another 1 min.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes, half fill the can with water, and add to the pan. Pour in the stock and simmer on a medium heat for 10-15 mins, uncovered. Season, then whizz using a hand blender until smooth. Add the beans and red pepper, and cook for another 15 mins until the pepper is tender.
- Serve in bowls topped with a small pile of tortilla chips and a lime wedge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, Carbohydrate 18 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 9 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, jalapenos and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the cumin and coriander and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and black beans with their liquid. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Transfer about three-quarters of the soup to a blender and blend until smooth (be careful when blending hot liquids). Return the soup to the saucepan and season with salt. Serve topped with cilantro and sour cream.
CROCK POT SPICY BEAN SOUP
- In heavy skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove to paper toweling.
- Sauté celery and onion in bacon drippings until tender.
- Add garlic; cook to fragrant.
- Place beans, water, broth, onion mixture, and ham in crock pot.
- Add seasonings and combine well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Just before serving, extract about 1 cup of beans; mash well; and return to crock pot. Stir to blend.
- Add crumbled bacon.
- Serve with skillet cornbread or cheese crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392.3, Fat 5.9, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 18.5, Sodium 903, Carbohydrate 53, Fiber 17.1, Sugar 1.8, Protein 33.1
SPICY TURKEY BEAN SOUP
All you have to do is add the ingredients to the slow cooker and let them cook! Nothing could be simpler. -Gary Fenski, Huron, South Dakota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 322 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 1283mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
SPICY SAUSAGE-KIDNEY BEAN SOUP
The original is from Southern Living 1983 cookbook and is credited to Mrs. Frank Patton from Johnson City, Tenn. This is a favorite of ours that we often double and freeze in lunch size portions for DH. The original recipe calls for canned beans, but we process dried beans. If you don't have a pressure cooker, it will take longer, so if you're in a hurry, use the canned variety. We also tend to increase the spices and herbs and use hot sausage to increase the impact. (time does not include soaking)
Provided by OliveLover
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 2 cup servings, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pick over dried beans and soak for at least 4 hours. If not using a pressure cooker, soak beans overnight.
- Place beans in pressure cooker with enough beef stock or water to cover by 2 inches and process 12-15 minutes, depending on how long they've been soaked. (Feel free to add extra garlic or a bay leaf if you so desire.) Allow to come down from pressure naturally. If not using a pressure cooker, place in pot and simmer for 2-3 hours until almost tender, adding more liquid if necessary.
- In a large Dutch oven brown sausage, stirring to crumble the meat. Drain pan drippings if desired. Add onion and garlic and saute until transparent. Add tomatoes, bay leaf, stock or water, salt, seasoned salt, thyme and beans with their liquid whether canned or processed dry. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and diced potato; cover and simmer 20 more minutes until potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaf before serving.
SPICY BEAN SOUP
- Heat the oil in a heavy large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, carrot, bell pepper, and garlic, and saute until the onions are translucent, about 15 minutes. Add the chili powder, coriander, cumin, oregano and crushed red pepper, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes with their juices, tomato juice, tomato paste, cheese rind, and 2 teaspoons of salt. Add the broth, garbanzo beans, cannellini beans, and lentils. Stir in the broccoli, zucchini, and yellow squash. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Decrease the heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, until the lentils are tender and the mixture thickens slightly, stirring often, about 20 minutes. Season the stew to taste with more salt, if desired.
- Ladle the stew into bowls. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese and basil, and serve.
People also searched
More about "spicy bean soup recipes"
SPICY BEANS - THE PIONEER WOMAN – RECIPES, COUNTRY …
5/5 (1)Category Main DishServings 12Total Time 4 hrs 5 mins See details »
VEGETARIAN NAVY BEAN SOUP RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
5/5 (17)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Main Course, SoupCalories 252 per serving
- The Night Before: Place the dried beans in a large bowl and cover with three inches of water. Soak the dried beans overnight (up to 24 hours) to soften. Drain when ready to use.
- Place a large 6 quart pot over medium heat. Add the oil, onions, carrots, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Then add in the drained beans, thyme, ground cumin, crushed red pepper, bay leaves, and vegetable broth. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 60-90 minutes, covered, until the beans are very soft. Uncover and stir occasionally, then place the lid back on top.
CROCK POT SPICY BEAN SOUP - FLOUR ON MY FACE
Ratings 1Category SoupCuisine MexicanTotal Time 4 hrs 10 mins
- Add the rinsed beans to the crock pot. Add the can of diced tomatoes, the can of green chiles, the diced onion and the minced garlic to the crock pot.
- Next add the chili powder, ground basil, fresh or dried oregano, fresh or dried parsley, and the bay leaf to the crock pot.
- If making a vegetarian soup add the vegetable broth to the crock pot. Otherwise, add the chicken broth to the crock pot.
SPICY BEAN SOUP - LIANA'S KITCHEN - RECIPES AND REVIEWS
4.5/5 (71)Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Optional: Add 1tbsp olive oil to your soup maker if it has a saute function. If it doesn’t, saute separately in a pan. Add the onions, and garlic and gently cook for 5 minutes. During the last 30 seconds add the spices and stir.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to your soup maker and stir to combine.Ensure you don’t go above the MAX line in your soup maker. If needed, top up to the MIN line with stock/hot water.
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
4.9/5 (458)Calories 342 per servingCategory Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions, celery and carrot and a light sprinkle of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetable are soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the beans and broth and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook, reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer, until the broth is flavorful and the beans are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer about 4 cups of the soup to a stand blender, securely fasten the lid, and blend until smooth (never fill your blender past the maximum fill line, and beware the steam that escapes from the top of the blender, it’s very hot). Or, use an immersion blender to blend a portion of the soup.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot, stir in the cilantro, vinegar/lime juice and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
SPICY BEAN AND SAUSAGE SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE IT …
Cuisine AmericanCategory Soup RecipesServings 8Total Time 4 hrs 20 mins
- In a large skillet, brown the meat, stirring and chopping it until no pink remains and it is chopped into small bits.
- Open both of the cans of beans and drain the liquid from the beans. You may want to put the beans in a colander and rinse them if the liquid is particularly thick and slimy.
SPICY BUTTER BEAN SOUP RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory VegetarianCalories 174 per serving See details »
SPICY MEXICAN BEAN SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine MexicanCategory Light Meals & SnacksServings 4-6 See details »
SPICY BEAN, LENTIL & SPINACH SOUP - REBEL RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
SPICY BEAN SOUP RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | COOKING …
Servings 10Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Main-Dish See details »
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
Ratings 5Calories 99 per servingCategory Main Course, Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven to medium heat. Add the peppers, onion, celery and carrot. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring a bit, or until the vegetables soften up.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cayenne, paprika, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes and a bit of salt and pepper. Stir and cook 30 seconds, until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the black beans and chicken (or vegetable) stock and stir. Bring to a quick boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. You can simmer longer to develop more flavor if you'd like.
- Optional, for a Creamier Soup: Transfer about half of the soup to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add back to the soup. You can also use an immersion blender for this. Use caution handling hot soup.
RUSTIC RIBOLLITA (TUSCAN WHITE BEAN SOUP) - A SPICY ...
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dinner, Main, Main CourseCalories 307 per serving
- Set a large 7-8 quart saucepot over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pot. Add in the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Generously season with salt and pepper. Sauté the veggies for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set out a rimmed baking sheet. Tear the bread (sliced or unsliced) into chunks and place on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoon olive oil and toss well. Then spread the bread chunks out in an even layer. Toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes, flipping once. Set aside.
- To the soup pot, add in the vegetable broth, tomatoes, cannellini beans, parmesan, anchovy paste, oregano, bay leaf, and crushed red pepper.
SPICY HAM-AND-BEAN SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans, and bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Drain beans, and return to pan. Add 2 quarts water and next 8 ingredients (water through ham bone). Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until beans are tender. Remove from heat; discard ham bone.
- Place 2 cups of bean mixture in a blender, and process until smooth. Return mixture to pan; add ham and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until heated.
SPICY BEAN SOUP (THM E) - MRS. CRIDDLES KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 3 minsTotal Time 40 mins See details »
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP - TRIED & TRUE RECIPES
3.7/5 (6)Total Time 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 336 per serving See details »
BULK BARN - SPICY NORTHERN SOUP MIX
See details »
SPICY BEAN SOUP | BBC GOOD FOOD
See details »
28 SERIOUSLY SPICY SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP BEST RECIPES - COOKINGTODAY.NET
See details »
SPICY BAKED BEAN SOUP RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love