SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
- In a medium saucepot, heat the cream, cinnamon, chili powder and cayenne pepper over medium-low heat until it comes to a simmer. Add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator until it firms up, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- In the meantime, place the toasted coconut, cookie crumbs, cocoa powder and chopped pistachio nuts onto separate small plates.
- Remove the chocolate from the refrigerator and let sit for 30 minutes to soften.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop out the chocolate into the toppings and roll them around to completely coat. Place on a plate and serve. Truffles can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days in an airtight container.
SPICED CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
I make truffles for family events and gift-giving. Someone once asked me to add pumpkin spice, and now my recipe is legendary. -Gerry Cofta, Milwaukee, WI
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Finely chop 10 ounces chocolate; place in a small bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, combine cream, pumpkin and spices; heat just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes., Stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours., Finely grate remaining chocolate; place in a small microwave-safe bowl. With hands dusted lightly with baking cocoa, shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in grated chocolate. (Mixture will be soft and truffles may flatten slightly upon standing.) , If desired, melt unused grated chocolate in a microwave and use to attach eyeballs. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 7mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
SPICY BRAZILIAN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
Love and chocolate. That's what Valentine's Day is all about. Go beyond the boring box of store-bought chocolates and wow your valentine with spicy homemade truffles decorated with sprinkles, candies, sparkling disco dust and glimmering edible jewels. My go-to recipe for Spicy Brazilian Chocolate Truffles is extremely easy. The secret is constantly stirring the chocolate mixture over low heat until it becomes very thick. Make a batch for your sweetie and check out the step-by-step instructions below for decorating each of the truffles in my assortment.
Provided by Jackie Alpers
Yield 20 to 25 truffles
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Coat a large shallow pan with some of the butter. Bring the condensed milk, 1 tablespoon butter, the cocoa powder, cinnamon and cayenne, if using, to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan and has the consistency of very thick frosting, 15 to 20 minutes. Pour the mixture into the greased pan; let cool completely and become firm, about 1 hour. (You can refrigerate it to speed up the process).
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Grease your hands with butter and shape the cooled truffle mixture into 1- to 2-inch balls and place on the wax paper.
- For the decorations: You can use melted or tempered chocolate to coat the truffles before decorating. Tempering is the key to shiny, smooth-looking chocolate that remains solid at room temperature.
- To melt the chocolate without tempering, put the pieces in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl set over, not in, a pot of simmering water and stir until melted.
- To temper the chocolate, melt about 2/3 of the chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler or heatproof bowl that fits snugly over, not in, a saucepan of water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Bring the water to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly as the chocolate melts. Once the chocolate reaches 115 degrees F. on a candy thermometer, remove the bowl of melted chocolate from the double boiler and stir in the remaining chocolate to reduce the temperature. Keep stirring until the temperature reaches 85 degrees F., then pick out any chunks of unmelted chocolate. Put the chocolate back over the simmering water and stir until the temperature reaches 90 degrees. Keep the chocolate at 90 degrees F. while you decorate the truffles.
- Decorate each truffle ball as described below and return to the wax paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Transfer to mini cupcake liners or paper candy cups and serve.
SPICY MAYAN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
Spiced chocolate has been growing in popularity over the years, and for good reason. These Mayan Chocolate Truffles are a sweet and spicy combination that's so incredibly delicious. * Please note that the majority of the prep time is refrigeration time.
Provided by Valentina K. Wein
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Remove 12 ounces of the chocolate and place it in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, scald the cream with the vanilla. Tiny bubbles will appear on the edges of the pan, and it should be very hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the 12-ounces of chocolate and let stand for 4 minutes. Use a spoon to stir to blend and set aside. This mixture is called ganache. Gently stir in the cayenne and cinnamon. Let it come to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until it becomes completely firm, at least 6 hours.
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper and, in a double boiler, melt the remaining 12-ounces of chocolate.
- Remove the firm ganache from the refrigerator and use a 1-inch cookie scoop to scoop out about 5 dozen truffles, placing them on one of the parchment-covered baking sheets. Now place the shaped truffles in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a fork, carefully dip each truffle into the melted chocolate to coat it evenly and place them on the other parchment covered baking sheet. You can use a small knife to help you remove the covered truffle from the fork. The truffles will set at room temperature. If desired, sprinkle them with red sugar when they are about halfway set.
- Once set, you can put the truffles in paper truffle cups.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
The gentle heat supplied by the slow cooker is an effortless way to temper chocolate without having to use a double boiler, standing over the pot to keep careful watch. With the small amount of chocolate required, the recipe works better in a 3-quart slow cooker rather than a 5-quart, for better control over the melting process. The recipe can also be doubled for double the chocolate indulgence.
Yield makes about 18 truffles
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the chocolate, cream, butter, and coffee in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 40 to 60 minutes, until the chocolate melts. Stir once or twice during the cooking time, just to make sure that the chocolate does not stick to the bottom or sides of the crock. Whisk the mixture vigorously when it is nearly melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a plate or into a glass bowl and place in the refrigerator for between 1/2 and 1 hour, until it is hard enough to form into small balls.
- Combine the cinnamon, cloves, and allspice in a coffee mill or using a mortar and pestle and grind them to a coarse powder. Transfer to a small bowl, add the cocoa powder, and mix thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Using a spoon or mini ice cream scoop, scoop out spoonfuls of the chocolate mixture and roll with your hands into balls the size of walnuts. (This is a great job for kids. Just have plenty of paper towels on hand!) Roll the balls in the cocoa mixture and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the truffles in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Sprinkle the truffles with the confectioners' sugar and allow to sit at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving.
More about "spicy chocolate truffles recipes"
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | WILLIAMS SONOMA
Servings 10Total Time 30 mins
CHILLI CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | HARI GHOTRA
3-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE RECIPE - A SPICY …
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES - CRAZY FOR CRUST
SPICY CHOCOLATE-CHILI TRUFFLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
12 CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE RECIPES THAT'LL MAKE YOU FEEL FANCY
CHINESE FIVE SPICE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES - PARSNIPS AND …
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
SPICY CHAI CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES - FEARLESS FRESH
THE BEST HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
SPICY BEAUTY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE RECIPE « SOLLUNA BY KIMBERLY SNYDER
MINT OREO CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES - SWEET SPICY KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE AND ROSES TRUFFLE SPOONS - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | RECIPE | TRUFFLE RECIPE, TRUFFLE RECIPE ...
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | WILLIAMS SONOMA
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | RECIPE | CANDY TRUFFLES, SPICY CHOCOLATE ...
10 BEST NO BAKE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | RECIPE | TRUFFLE RECIPE, FOOD NETWORK ...
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES – SKORDO
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES (GLUTEN FREE) - NATURAL COMFORT KITCHEN
SPICED CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
EASY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | RECIPE | SPICY CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE …
SPICY CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE BEST MILK CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES - EASY & DELICIOUS RECIPES
RECIPE: SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES - CBC.CA
SPICY KETO CHOCOLATE COOKIE TRUFFLES - TEXAS GRANOLA GIRL
VEGAN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES RECIPE - FOOD SENSITIVITIES
SPICY CHOCOLATE CAYENNE TRUFFLE BROWNIES - SIMPLY SCRATCH
SPICY CHILI TRUFFLES - HOME BAKED BLISS
SPICED CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES - BE GOOD ORGANICS
SPICY CHOCOLATE CHILI TRUFFLES: A SIMPLE LUXURY - PEPPERSCALE
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE TORTE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES RECIPE BY FEMINA SHIRAZ AT BETTERBUTTER
SPICY DARK CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
SHOKOLADNAYA KARTOSHKA (RUSSIAN CHOCOLATE CAKE TRUFFLES)
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES – RECIPES NETWORK
THE BEST RECIPES FOR AND WITH HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SPICY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES - ANTIPASTI RECIPES
GOURMET CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES, BARS & GIFTS | VOSGES HAUT-CHOCOLAT
AZTEC CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make truffles with chocolate melts?Use a cookie scoop (1 or 2 tablespoon) to scoop balls of truffle. Roll into uniform balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Melt chocolate melts according to package directions. Dip truffles in chocolate and top with sprinkles, if desired. Or, roll them in cocoa, powdered sugar, or sprinkles.
How do you make heart shaped truffles for Valentine's Day?Make round truffles or even heart-shaped truffles for Valentines Day. Set a small sauce pan over medium heat and add the heavy cream. Heat until the cream simmers around the edges then remove from heat. Meanwhile, break 6 ounces chocolate into pieces, reserving the remaining chocolate for later.
How do you dip chocolate truffles in wax paper?For round mounds, press a wooden skewer into the center and dip in chocolate. Tap off the excess chocolate. Then set the chocolate truffle down on wax paper, with the skewer hole down. For hearts: Balance a heart flat on two skewers and dip in chocolate.
How do you make a hot chocolate sauce?Watch how to make this recipe. In a medium saucepot, heat the cream, cinnamon, chili powder and cayenne pepper over medium-low heat until it comes to a simmer. Add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator until it firms up, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.