MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE
Simmer Ina Garten's recipe for Mussels in White Wine on the stovetop with garlic, saffron and plum tomatoes for an easy yet elegant meal.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To clean the mussels, put them in a large bowl with 2 quarts of water and the flour and soak for 30 minutes, or until the mussels disgorge any sand. Drain the mussels, then remove the "beard" from each with your fingers. If they're dirty, scrub the mussels with a brush under running water. Discard any mussels whose shells aren't tightly shut.
- In a large non-aluminum stockpot, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes; then add the garlic and cook for 3 more minutes, or until the shallots are translucent. Add the tomatoes, saffron, parsley, thyme, wine, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels, stir well, then cover the pot, and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until all the mussels are opened (discard any that do not open). With the lid on, shake the pot once or twice to be sure the mussels don't burn on the bottom. Pour the mussels and the sauce into a large bowl and serve hot.
SPICY MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE AND GARLIC SAUCE
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add diced onion. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels, chili, wine, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Sauté until cooked; about 20 minutes, not really sure.
- Add lemon juice, chopped herbs and yogurt (optional). Stir well.
- Best served with roasted veggies or baked potatoes with julienne onion on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.1, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 47.3, Sodium 485.9, Carbohydrate 10.4, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 1.8, Protein 20.8
SPICY MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE
this recipe is from an old gourmet magazine. i made it last night and just loved it, quick, easy and the heat can be adjusted to taste. serve this with crusty french bread to get all the broth. this can be an appetizer for 6, but i can almost eat it all myself!
Provided by chia2160
Yield 2-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, fennel seeds, crushed red pepper and salt; sauté until onion is light brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine, lemon slices and 1/4 cup parsley; bring to boil.
- Add mussels.
- Cover pot and cook until mussel shells open, stirring once to rearrange mussels, about 6 minutes; discard any mussels that do not open.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer mussels to large shallow bowl.
- Boil broth in pot until reduced to 1 cup, about 3 minutes; season to taste with pepper.
- Pour broth over mussels.
- Sprinkle tomatoes and remaining parsley over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 945.3, Fat 49.2, SaturatedFat 7.4, Cholesterol 158.8, Sodium 2224.2, Carbohydrate 32.8, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 3.8, Protein 69.4
SPICY MUSSELS WITH CHORIZO AND WINE
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook the onions in the butter over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and chorizo to the onions and cook until the sausage loses its raw color, about 5 minutes. Add the harissa and red pepper flakes, and then turn up the heat to high.
- Once fragrant, deglaze the pan with the wine, allowing to bubble for a minute. Lower the heat to medium, add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the prepped mussels and cover to steam until the mussels open, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cream and stir. Serve immediately with plenty of sliced French bread for dipping.
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE AND GARLIC
- Rinse and scrub mussels under cold running water. Using your fingers or a paring knife, remove beards (strings that hang from the mussels' shells), and discard.
- In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, shallots, garlic, and salt. Simmer 5 minutes. Add mussels.
- Cover, and increase heat to high. Cook until all mussels are open, about 5 minutes. Stir in herbs and butter. Remove from heat. Divide mussels and broth among four bowls. Serve immediately.
MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE AND BUTTER
- Right before cooking, scrub mussels with a stiff sponge or brush under cold running water. (If the "beards" are still attached, trim them with a knife.)
- While cleaning mussels, discard ones with broken shells. Lightly tap the hinge end of any open shells on a work surface. Discard those that don't close.
- In a large pot with a lid, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high. Add shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add white wine and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer over high.
- Add mussels; stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook until mussels open, 5 minutes, stirring once. Discard unopened mussels.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and remaining butter until butter is melted. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 g, Fat 16 g, Protein 42 g
SPICY MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, fennel seeds, crushed red pepper and salt; sauté until onion is light brown, about 4 minutes. Add wine, lemon slices and 1/4 cup parsley; bring to boil. Add mussels. Cover pot and cook until mussel shells open, stirring once to rearrange mussels, about 6 minutes; discard any mussels that do not open. Using slotted spoon, transfer mussels to large shallow bowl. Boil broth in pot until reduced to 1 cup, about 3 minutes; season to taste with pepper. Pour broth over mussels. Sprinkle tomatoes and remaining parsley over.
25-MINUTE MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: mussels, unsalted butter, yellow onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, white wine, fresh parsley, bread
Provided by Chris Salicrup
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To clean mussels, scrub them with a stiff brush under cold running water to remove any grit. Discard any mussels with cracked or broken shells, or that do not close.
- In a large lidded pot over medium-high heat, stir butter until melted. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until it has softened and started to brown, 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the red pepper flakes and season with salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the mussels and stir until completely coated. Add the white wine and stir.
- Put the lid on the pot and cook until the mussels have opened, 3-5 minutes. Discard any shells that don't open after 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and stir. Serve with bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337 calories, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 27 grams, Sugar 2 grams
More about "spicy mussels with white wine recipes"
SPICY MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE : RECIPES : COOKING …
Servings 4-6Total Time 20 minsCategory Main-Dish
MUSSELS IN A WHITE WINE SAUCE - LIME TREE KITCHEN
QUICK AND EASY WHITE WINE GARLIC MUSSELS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
WHITE WINE STEAMED MUSSELS IN SPICY TOMATO BROTH | CALGARY ...
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE | RICARDO
SPICY MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - MEXICAN APPETIZERS AND ...
SPICY MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE - BENSON'S GOURMET SEASONINGS
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SUPER EASY MUSSEL RECIPE WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE
MUSSELS IN A CREAMY WHITE WINE GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE | LEITE ...
10 BEST MUSSELS WHITE WINE GARLIC RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY MUSSELS IN GARLIC GINGER WHITE WINE – THE ECLECTIC ...
STEAMED MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE AND TARRAGON RECIPE | REAL ...
SPICY MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE - FOOD NETWORK
BEST SPICY MARINATED MUSSELS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
SPICY MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE AND GARLIC – ♥ JAM TART ♥
EASY BAKED SPICY MUSSELS [VIDEO] - MOMMY'S HOME COOKING
PAIRING MUSSELS AND WINE - WINE SWINGING
SPICY MUSSELS FROM TUSCANY WITH WHITE WINE - GOURMET FRIDAY
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE | THE ADVENTURE BITE
HOW TO MAKE MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE & GARLIC SAUCE - SPAIN ...
RECIPE - SPICED MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE
SPICY MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE RECIPE RECIPE
MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE AND GARLIC RECIPE
RECIPE - SPICED MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE
SPICY MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
STEAMED MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE BROTH - EASY RECIPES FOR ...
SPICY MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE RECIPE
STEAMED MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MUSSELS IN CREAMY WHITE WINE SAUCE | EYRE PENINSULA SEAFOODS
MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE, BUTTER AND GARLIC ... - PHOTOS & FOOD
RECIPE FOR MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - SUGAR MAPLE FARMHOUSE
MUSSELS IN A SPICY WHITE WINE TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
A CELEBRATION EVERY DAY SEA OF MUSSELS SEA OF STEAKS ...
SPICY MUSSELS IN A TOMATO AND WHITE WINE BASE — DAEN'S KITCHEN
SPICY MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE | RECIPE | WHITE WINE ...
CHILLED MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE | RICARDO
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE | SAVOR PARADISE
SPICY MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE – VINCE & JOE’S GOURMET MARKETS
You'll also love