HOT PEPPER JELLY
We enjoy this fiery hot pepper jelly spread on crackers with cream cheese. It also makes a terrific holiday gift. For a milder flavor and different color, substitute a green bell pepper, jalapeno peppers for the habaneros and green food coloring. -Richard Harris, Kingston, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 half-pints.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place vinegar and peppers in a blender; cover and puree. Add 2 cups sugar; blend well. Pour into a Dutch oven. Stir in remaining 4 cups sugar; bring to a boil. Strain mixture and return to pan. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin and food coloring if desired. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool., Serve with cream cheese on crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 0 sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
RED PEPPER JELLY
I came across this on the internet(don't remember which site). This is delicious served on top of a softened block of cream cheese and eaten with cracker.
Provided by L. Duch
Yield 6 small jelly jars.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place red peppers, sugar and vinegar in kettle; heat rapidly to boiling, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat, let stand 15 minutes.
- Reheat to boiling, add lemon juice.
- Let it come to a boil, then add the pectin.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Bottle as any jelly.
HOT PEPPER JELLY
- Sterilize 6 (8 ounce) canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions. Heat water in a hot water canner.
- Place red bell peppers, green bell peppers, and jalapeno peppers in a large saucepan over high heat. Mix in vinegar and fruit pectin. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a full rolling boil. Quickly stir in sugar. Return to full rolling boil, and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and skim off any foam.
- Quickly ladle jelly into sterile jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the tops. Cover with flat lids, and screw on bands tightly.
- Place jars in rack, and slowly lower jars into canner. The water should cover the jars completely, and should be hot but not boiling. Bring water to a boil, and process for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.5 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 2.8 mg, Sugar 21.3 g
SPICY RED-PEPPER JELLY
A dash of red pepper flakes adds nuance to this condiment of sweet red peppers cooked with vinegar, sugar, and pectin. Serve it on a cheese board or stir a spoonful into mayo for a vibrant sandwich spread.
Yield Makes 4 to 5 (1/2-pint) jars
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sterilize jars and lids:
- Wash jars, lids, and screw bands in hot, soapy water, then rinse well. Dry screw bands. Put empty jars on a rack in a boiling-water canner or a deep 8- to 10-quart pot and add enough hot water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, covered, then boil 10 minutes. Remove canner from heat, leaving jars in water, covered. Heat lids in water to cover by 2 inches in a small saucepan until thermometer registers 180°F (do not let boil). Remove from heat. Keep jars and lids submerged in hot water, covered, until ready to use.
- Make jelly:
- Pulse bell peppers with red-pepper flakes in a food processor until finely chopped. (Mixture will measure about 2 1/2 cups.)
- Whisk together pectin and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Stir together pepper mixture, vinegar, butter, salt, and remaining 3 cups sugar in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot. Bring to a vigorous boil over high heat, then continue to boil vigorously, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Gradually add pectin mixture, whisking constantly. Return jelly to a vigorous boil, stirring constantly, and boil, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes (mixture will thicken slightly). Remove from heat.
- Carefully remove jars and lids with canning tongs, then drain jars upside down on a clean kitchen towel and quickly dry lids. Invert jars and immediately ladle hot jelly into jars, leaving 1/4 inch of space at top. (Last jar may not be full.) Run a clean plastic spatula between jelly and sides of jars to eliminate air bubbles. Wipe off rims of filled jars with a damp clean kitchen towel, then firmly screw on lids with screw bands.
- Seal and process jars:
- Put sealed jars on rack in canner or pot and add enough hot water to cover by 2 inches. (If you have a jar that is partially full, do not process it. Cover it with a lid and screw band, then keep in refrigerator.) Bring to a full boil, covered, then boil jelly, covered, 15 minutes. Transfer jars with canning tongs to a towel-lined surface to cool. Jars will seal; if you hear a ping, that means that the vacuum formed above the cooling jelly has made the lid concave. Remember that you may or may not be around to hear the ping. The important thing is for the jars to eventually have concave lids. Jelly will thicken as it cools.
- After jars have cooled, 12 to 24 hours, press center of each lid to check that it's concave, then remove screw band and try to lift lid with your fingertips. If you can't, the lid has a good seal. Replace screw band. Put any jars that haven't sealed properly in the refrigerator and use them first (along with jar that was only partially full).
EASY RED PEPPER JELLY
This Easy Red Pepper Jelly makes an amazing holiday appetizer! Serve this jelly over cream cheese and serve on your favorite crackers.
Provided by Elyse
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sterilize canning jars and set aside.
- Prepare all peppers by seeding and mincing.
- Place peppers in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add apple cider vinegar and powdered Pectin.
- Bring heat to high and stir constantly until you reach a rolling boil. Remove from heat once you reach a rolling boil.
- Mix in sugar and return to pan to high heat.
- Return to a rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute.
- Fill jars with jelly until it reaches 1/4" from the top of the jar.
- Screw lids on jars and place in a large pot filled with hot water. Be sure jars are completely submerged.
- Heat water with jars over high heat until it reaches a rolling boil, then boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let jars sit in water until cool.
- Check seals by pressing down on the center of the lid when cool. If the lid pops when pushed, it can be stored at room temperature, otherwise store in the refrigerator.
- Pour jelly over cream cheese and serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Servingsize 1 serving, Calories 2734 kcal, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Cholesterol 29 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 786 g, Sugar 725 g, Protein 3 mg
SPICY RED PEPPER JELLY
This jelly is a great topping for baked brie but is also a delicious ingredient for other recipes. This condiment recipe is so easy to make, it's definitely a must have! VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM1I2Q9Zgbg
Provided by CLUBFOODY
Yield 6 jars 250ml
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, whisk ¾ cup sugar with pectin; set aside. In a bowl of a food processor, combine red peppers and red pepper flakes; process for 15 seconds or until somewhat finely chopped. You should have about 2 ½ cups give or take.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add red peppers, sugar, white vinegar, butter, fresh tarragon and sea salt. Stir very well and bring it to a boil; cook for 4 minutes. Add sugar-pectin mixture and cook for an additional 4 minutes. If there are some larger chunks of pepper, purée with an immersion blender.
- To find out if it's ready, dip a metal spoon in iced cold water. Dry it off and scoop up some jelly. Let it cool off to room temperature. If it sets up, it means it's ready otherwise cook it a little longer.
- Remove from the heat and fill up the prepared jars. Process the jars in the boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Place them in a draft-free area and wait until the lids snap down. Makes 6 jars of 250ml.
EASY SPICY RED PEPPER JELLY
- Combine the preserves, bell peppers, red pepper flakes, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender; puree until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a brisk simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until thickened and syrupy, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a jar and cool completely. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
People also searched
More about "spicy red pepper jelly recipes"
THE BEST JALAPEñO PEPPER JELLY - GARNISH & GLAZE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory ToppingsCalories 92 per serving
- Place all peppers in a food processor and pulse until peppers are finely chopped. Empty into a mesh strainer and drain off excess liquid.
- Place the chopped vegetables in a large stock pot and add in the sugar, vinegar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 10 minutes. Add the pectin and boil 1 more minute. Remove from heat
- Ladle jam into hot sterile jars using a wide mouth funnel. Leave 1/4 inch headspace. Top the jars with the lids, screwing them on with just your thumb and index finger (this is to ensure that it is on but not too tight that the air can't escape).
- Place jars back on the rack and lower into the water. Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes. (Add 1 more minute for each 1000 ft elevation above 1000 ft.)
SPICY RED PEPPER JELLY | DASH OF SAVORY | COOK WITH PASSION
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsTotal Time 25 mins See details »
SPICY RED PEPPER JELLY RECIPE | RECIPELAND
4.8/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrServings 6Calories 1099 per serving See details »
CANADIAN PRESERVING TRADITIONS: RED PEPPER JELLY RECIPE
See details »
10 BEST HOT RED PEPPER JELLY RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
RED PEPPER JELLY - NO FAIL RECIPE! | STACY LYN HARRIS
4.9/5 (8)Category Condiment, Sauce, Side Dish
- Remove stems from all the peppers. Cut half of the peppers in half and remove the seeds by scraping them out with a small spoon. Place the peppers into a food processor and pulse 7 to 8 times to roughly chop peppers.
- Transfer peppers to a large pot and add the vinegar. Bring mixture to a boil then lower to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add sugar to the pepper mixture and bring to a boil. When it reaches a rolling boil, allow to continue boiling for 1 minute. Add butter to keep the mixture from foaming. Add liquid pectin and stir to mix. Allow mixture to boil for 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Ladle mixture into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Place hot lids on the jars and screw rims firmly. Proceed canning in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Refrigerate after opening.
RED PEPPER JELLY - HOMEMADE RED PEPPER JELLY AND APPETIZER ...
4.8/5 (28)Category Appetizer, SnackCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- Begin by sterilizing six 8-ounce canning jars and lids according to the manufacturer's instructions. Begin heating your water in a hot water canner for processing.
- Place the red bell peppers, green bell peppers, and jalapeño peppers into a large saucepan over high heat. Mix in the apple cider vinegar and Sure-Jell pectin. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil while stirring constantly. Then, quickly stir in the sugar. Return to a rolling boil and boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and skim off any foam.
- Then, quickly ladle the jelly into your prepared jars, filling each to 1/4 inch from the top. Cover with flat lids; then screw on the bands tightly.
- Place the jars into the canning rack, and slowly lower the jars into the canner. The water should cover the jars completely, and should be hot but not boiling. Bring water to a boil and process for five minutes.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY RED PEPPER JELLY (NO ADDED PECTIN ...
5/5 (5)Category PreservesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Finely dice the peppers and chilli, I find it better to use a food processor, as this helps to release the juices, but you can do this by hand if you like. Grate the apple, then put the peppers and the apples into a large, heavy-based saucepan.
- Stir through the sugar and vinegar, then heat gently, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then simmer for around 20 minutes until the mixture has reduced and begun to thicken. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 120°C / 250°F / Gas ½ and wash your jars in warm soapy water. Place the jars in a baking dish in the oven to sterilise. Place the lids in a heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water.
- After the jelly has reduced allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a heatproof jug. Pour into the hot, sterilised jars. If you find the pieces of pepper are floating to the top of the jar, invert the jars every 10 minutes until set. Allow to set overnight. Store in a cool dry place and don’t forget to label the jars!
SPICY RED PEPPER JAM RECIPE - SWEET AND BOLD! - PEPPERSCALE
4.3/5 (6)Total Time 41 minsCategory CondimentCalories 59 per serving
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, grind coarse the red peppers, onion, and chili peppers. Transfer the mixture to a cheesecloth lined colander.
- Toss the vegetables with 1-1/2 teaspoons of salt. Let them drain for three hours then squeeze them gently dry.
- In a heavy stainless steel pot combine the vegetables with the sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, cloves, and the rest of the salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring and boiling constantly for 10 minutes.
HOT PEPPER JELLY RECIPE (FOR CANNING) • HEARTBEET KITCHEN
4.4/5 (23)Category Canning & PreservingCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat half pint jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- Combine bell peppers, jalapeño peppers and vinegar in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down over high heat, stirring constantly, for at least 1 minutes.
- Add sugar and honey. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in salt. Skim foam off top if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot jars, leaving ¼ headspace. Wipe rim and center lid on jar. Screw band on until fingertip-tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
SPICY JALAPEñO-RED PEPPER JELLY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 9Total Time 24 hrs 45 mins
- Bring cilantro, water, and 1/2 cup of the sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 30 minutes.
- Pulse red bell peppers, jalapeños, onion, and 1/2 cup of the vinegar in a food processor until finely chopped, 5 to 6 times. Pour cilantro mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a large Dutch oven, pressing cilantro with a wooden spoon to release flavors. Discard cilantro. Add pepper mixture, lime juice, and remaining 6 1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup vinegar to Dutch oven. Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high, stirring constantly; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in pectin. Return to medium-high, and return to a rolling boil, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes; skim off any foam with a metal spoon, if necessary.
- Ladle mixture into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rims. Center lids on jars, apply bands, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place jars in boiling-water canner. Process as directed for 5 minutes.
SPICY RED PEPPER JELLY - THE KITCHEN WHISPERER
See details »
SWEET RED PEPPER JELLY | REDPATH SUGAR
Servings 25 See details »
SWEET & SPICY PEPPER JELLY | LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
Servings 32Total Time 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 9 mins See details »
SPICY RED-PEPPER JELLY | RECIPE | STUFFED PEPPERS, PEPPER ...
See details »
SPICY RED CURRANT PEPPER JELLY RECIPE
See details »
RED PEPPER JELLY RECIPE CERTO - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
SWEET & SPICY RED PEPPER JELLY RECIPE BY SZUBAXO - COOKPAD
See details »
RED PEPPER JELLY – GOING MY WAYZ
See details »
SPICY RED PEPPER JELLY RECIPES
See details »
22 WAYS TO USE PEPPER JELLY - PAPPY'S GOURMET AND LIZ ...
See details »
30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation low-protein healthy condiments-etc vegetables easy low-fat dietary low-sodium low-cholesterol low-saturated-fat healthy-2 low-in-something equipment from-scratch
You'll also love