SPICY SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
I don't think this is like most other Snickerdoodle recipes - in fact, I'd say they're more of a molasses or spice cookie. Either way, they are really good, and really chewy for those who like that kind of cookie. The cornmeal gives them a really interesting texture that I like a lot. The recipe says it makes 70 cookies, but either I made them too big or I ate more dough than I thought because I only got 56! This is from a 2003 Woman's Day magazine.
Provided by Vino Girl
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 56 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, 3/4 cup of sugar, all of the brown sugar, cornmeal, molasses, spices, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl on medium speed for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually add in flour while mixing on low speed.
- Mix until well-blended. Place the remaining white sugar in a small bowl.
- Form balls of dough measuring 1 inch in diameter, roll in the sugar, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool on cookie sheets for about 2 minutes before moving them to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 400˚. Whisk the flour, cream of tartar, 1/2 teaspoon each five-spice powder and cinnamon, the baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined. Beat in the vanilla, then reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture until combined.
- Mix the red sanding sugar and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon each five-spice powder and cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll the dough into balls (about 2 tablespoons each), then roll them in the red sugar. Arrange 3 inches apart on 2 unlined baking sheets.
- Bake, switching the pans halfway through, until the cookies spread, crackle in the centers and are lightly golden around the edges, 9 to 12 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes on the pans, then remove the cookies to racks to cool completely.
CHEF JOHN'S PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Place flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl. Add cinnamon, ginger, allspice, clove, and nutmeg. Whisk until thoroughly mixed, 1 or 2 minutes.
- Place butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a separate mixing bowl. Cream together with a spatula or wooden spoon until mixture is smooth, 2 or 3 minutes. Add vanilla and egg. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir until just combined or until the flour disappears.
- Wrap bowl in plastic wrap. Chill dough in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Stir cinnamon and sugar together in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Scoop dough into 2 tablespoon balls. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat all sides. Roll into smooth ball and place on prepared baking sheet, 3 to 4 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes; sprinkle with additional cinnamon-sugar mixture, if desired. Transfer cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- If you'd like to add a bit of a shine to your cookies, you can brush them with a simple glaze. Mix confectioners' sugar with milk or lemon juice to achieve brushing consistency. Brush onto cookies. Sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar or pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143.8 calories, Carbohydrate 22.4 g, Cholesterol 24 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 94.8 mg, Sugar 14 g
THE BEST SOFT AND CHEWY SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: ground cinnamon, butter, vanilla, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 24 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
- Now make the cookie dough, in a large mixing bowl, whip the butter with vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Using a sift add the flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and sift into the dough. Combine until evenly mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Using your hands roll dough into ping pong sized balls.
- Dip the dough into cinnamon sugar mixture and roll around covering the dough ball completely.
- Place cookie dough on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175 calories, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 9 grams
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE MIX COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
- Combine cake mix, cinnamon, oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Using an ice cream scoop or your hand, form golf ball-sized balls of cookie dough and transfer to a bowl of cinnamon sugar.
- Cover dough ball in cinnamon sugar and transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208 calories, Carbohydrate 28 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 15 grams
More about "spicy snickerdoodle cookies recipes"
SPICED SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Cookie RecipesCalories 80 per servingTotal Time 1 hr
- Whisk flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, ginger, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until creamy; add eggs and beat until combined. With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a shallow dish. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls (about 1 tablespoon each, using damp hands if necessary). Roll each ball in the cinnamon-sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake, one pan at a time, until light brown on the edges, 9 to 11 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
SPICY SNICKERDOODLES - MIDWEST LIVING
Servings 36Calories 63 per servingTotal Time 26 mins
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, the 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the shortening, the 1/3 cup granulated sugar, and the brown sugar until combined. Stir in egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in the spiced flour mixture.
- Shape dough into thirty-six 1-inch balls. Roll each ball into a mixture of the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball by crisscrossing with the tines of a fork.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove and cool cookies on a wire rack. Makes 36 cookies.
SPICED SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES | SOFT & CHEWY - FORK IN …
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory DessertCalories 110 per serving
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, vegetable oil, 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, and powdered sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together in a separate mixing bowl. Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Cover the bowl, and chill the dough for 15-30 minutes (for a chewier, "fluffier" cookie).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F while cookie dough chills. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.
- Create dough balls using a medium #40 cookie scoop; roll the ball in the sugar-spice mixture until thoroughly coated and place cookie dough 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
15 BEST SNICKERDOODLE RECIPES | EASY SNICKERDOODLE RECIPE IDEAS ...
MEXICAN CHOCOLATE SNICKERDOODLES - DEL'S COOKING TWIST
SPICY DOUBLE DARK CHOCOLATE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
WINTER SPICE SNICKERDOODES | LIZ MOODY HOLIDAY COOKIE RECIPES
EGGLESS SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES RECIPE - SPICE UP THE CURRY
SPICED SNICKERDOODLES - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES - CRAFTING A FAMILY
SPICY CHOCOLATE SNICKERDOODLES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5 SPICE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE WHOOPIE PIES RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
FIVE-SPICE SNICKERDOODLES - DISPLACEDHOUSEWIFE
CHAI SPICED SNICKERDOODLES - SERVED FROM SCRATCH
EXTRA SOFT SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES — BLESS THIS MESS
SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES RECIPE | SPICY ORGANIC
SPICED EGG NOG SNICKERDOODLES RECIPE | PC.CA
20 SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES (AND MORE) YOU’LL WANT TO MAKE ASAP
EASY SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SPICED CARAMEL SNICKERDOODLES - BECEL CANADA
SNICKERDOODLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PERFECTLY SOFT AND CHEWY SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES - THE FOOD …
SNICKERDOODLES RECIPE (WITH VIDEO) ⋆ SUGAR, SPICE AND GLITTER
FROSTED CHAI SPICE SNICKERDOODLES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
THE BEST SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE RECIPE | SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLES RECIPE | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE SNICKERDOODLES RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES - THE CAREFREE KITCHEN
SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES - THE BEST SNICKERDOODLES COOKIE RECIPE
THE BEST CLASSIC SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES - REAL LIFE DINNER
THE BEST SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE RECIPE - TWO SISTERS
HOLIDAY SPICED SNICKERDOODLES - FAMILY COOKIE …
THE BEST SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES - BUNS IN MY OVEN
EASY SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES RECIPE - COPYKAT RECIPES
PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE RECIPE | LAIRD SUPERFOOD
SNICKERDOODLES (CINNAMON SUGAR COOKIES) - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLES - BAKERY-STYLE FROM-SCRATCH
BEST SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES RECIPE | SUGAR & SOUL
RED HOT SNICKERDOODLES COOKIE RECIPE - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
HOW TO MAKE SOFT, CHEWY PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
SOFT AND CHEWY SNICKERDOODLES - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #drop-cookies #hand-formed-cookies #desserts #eggs-dairy #american #oven #finger-food #holiday-event #kid-friendly #vegetarian #cookies-and-brownies #grains #eggs #dietary #spicy #christmas #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #sweet #to-go #equipment #small-appliance #mixer #number-of-servings #presentation
How to Make Grandma Ruth's Snickerdoodle Cookies | Cookie Recipes | Allrecipes.com14K views-01:44
5 Easy Homemade Cookies You HAVE To Try | Caramel Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Snickerdoodles, & More!11K views-03:37
GINGERBREAD SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES | Recipe | How to Make Delicious Spiced Cookies | Baking Cherry5.5K views-04:20
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Recipe - How to Make Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles317K views-08:34
How to Make Snickerdoodles AND(!!) Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate | RECIPE1.1K views-02:54
Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe606 views-12:44
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make snickerdoodle cookies at home?Stir in the egg yolk and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour, cornstarch, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and mix on medium-low speed until a dough forms (it might look dry and sandy at first but if you keep mixing it will come together). Scoop 1.5-tablespoon balls of snickerdoodle cookie dough and roll in the coating mixture.
What are the best spices for a Snickerdoodle recipe?Pumpkin spice pairs perfectly with the quintessential cinnamon-infused holiday cookie in Chef John's Snickerdoodle recipe. Ground ginger, clove and allspice greet cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg in a glorious spice mix that gets combined with some basic wet baking ingredients.
What does a Snickerdoodle taste like?A snickerdoodle is type of soft sugar cookie dusted with cinnamon and sugar. When you bite into it you will find edges are wonderfully crisp and inside texture is soft and chewy with lovely buttery sweet flavor. This cookies are often served on Christmas and actually I made it and took photos on last Christmas.
Does pumpkin spice go well with snickerdoodles?I'm usually not a big fan of snickerdoodles, but I had a feeling the pumpkin spice would work perfectly with the buttery, cinnamon sugar cookie, and it did. Pumpkin spice pairs perfectly with the quintessential cinnamon-infused holiday cookie in Chef John's Snickerdoodle recipe.