CHICKEN BREASTS IN PARCHMENT PAPER
- Pair with your favorite sides or slice and use in sandwiches or soups. Enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204 kcal, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 102 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 37 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 671 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 4 g, ServingSize 1 chicken breast (1 serving), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
STEAMED CHICKEN WITH XIAO FAN'S SPECIAL SAUCE
- Steam chicken:
- Fit a large steamer rack inside a large wide pot. Add enough water to reach within 1/2 inch of bottom of rack. Bring to a boil.
- Pat chicken dry and put, skin side up, in a shallow bowl (that will fit on steamer rack inside pot). Sprinkle with ginger and steam, covered, over high heat, until chicken is just cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes (replenish water if necessary).
- Carefully remove bowl with chicken. Pour off juices into a glass measure and set aside 1/4 cup (reserve remainder for another use). Return chicken in bowl to pot and keep warm, covered, off heat.
- Make sauce:
- Heat a wok or large heavy skillet (not nonstick) over high heat until smoking, then drizzle oil down side of wok and swirl to coat. Reduce heat to medium, then add garlic and stir-fry 15 seconds. Add chiles and stir-fry 15 seconds. Add cilantro and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup chicken juices and simmer 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl.
- Drizzle some sauce over chicken (include some solids for a spicier sauce); serve the rest on the side. Season chicken with salt.
ADOBO CHICKEN IN PARCHMENT
This ingenious technique cooks the chicken in a purse with its own juices and a mix of spices. It slowly simmers the bird to a silky richness-an enticing side of chicken that we rarely see.
Provided by Roberto Santibañez
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Slit guajillo chiles lengthwise, then stem and seed. Heat a dry cast-iron skillet (not nonstick) over medium heat until hot, then toast chiles in batches (with guajillos opened flat), turning and pressing with tongs, until more pliable and slightly changed in color, about 30 seconds per batch. Transfer to a bowl and soak in boiling-hot water until softened, about 15 minutes.
- Drain chiles, then purée in a blender with 1 tablespoon sea salt and remaining ingredients except chicken and remaining sea salt until adobo is very smooth, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining 3/4 teaspoon sea salt. Place 1 chicken leg in center of a sheet of parchment paper (about 20 by 15 inches) and cover with 1/3 cup adobo. Gather parchment up around chicken and tie tightly with kitchen string. Repeat with remaining chicken and adobo.
- Arrange packages in 2 steamer racks and/or pasta-pot inserts. Set steamer racks (on top of each other) over boiling water in a pasta pot (use 2 pots if you can't layer your racks) and steam, covered tightly, until chicken is very tender and starting to fall off the bone, 1 3/4 to 2 hours. (Replenish water as necessary.)
- Carefully transfer each package to a shallow bowl. Remove kitchen string and slowly slide parchment out from underneath chicken and broth. Season with salt.
SPICY STEAMED CHICKEN IN PARCHMENT
In this recipe, chicken is marinated overnight in a tangy, spicy Mexican sauce, wrapped in parchment paper, steamed until moist and tender, and served with rice. This unique way of cooking chicken ensures the most tender meat you have ever eaten. Try it with pork or beef too! Tone it down by including fewer or no chipotles.
Provided by TAWMTHEBOMB
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Reconstitute dried ancho chile peppers by placing in a bowl, covering with boiling water, and letting sit for 10 minutes. Do the same with the chipotle chile peppers, but give them 15 minutes to sit.
- Remove ancho chile peppers from the water, remove seeds and veins, and cut into small strips. Remove chipotle chile peppers from the water and remove stems, leaving peppers whole.
- Combine ancho chiles, chipotle chiles, tomato sauce, and garlic in a blender and process until fairly smooth. While mixing, add cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper to the marinade and blend.
- Place chicken breasts and thighs in a large bowl and cover with marinade. Cover and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Divide chicken and sauce evenly onto 4 sheets of parchment paper and tie closed with string.
- Pour equal amounts of beer and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add a bamboo steamer and place parchment packets inside. Steam until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 35 minutes.
- Serve chicken with hot cooked rice and garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484.6 calories, Carbohydrate 17.1 g, Cholesterol 162.1 mg, Fat 18.3 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 56.8 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 332 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
CHICKEN BAKED IN PARCHMENT
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut parchment paper into four 10-inch squares.
- place 1 chicken breast in center of each piece of parchment; arrange carrots, zucchini, peas and bell pepper around chicken.
- Combine 1/2 C.
- chicken broth and flour in a small saucepan; stir in garlic, thyme, salt, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer 1 minute.
- Spoon broth mixture evenly over chicken and vegetables.
- Fold each parchment square in half diagonally, enclosing chicken and vegetables to form a triangle.
- Fold edges over twice to seal.
- Place parchment packets into 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until parchment is browned and puffed.
STEAMED SOY-MARINATED CHICKEN
- Into a large, re-sealable plastic bag add the soy sauce, sesame oil, peanut oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and cilantro. Seal the bag and shake it to mix the ingredients. Add the chicken breasts and shake it again. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour or up to overnight.
- Pour about 1-inch of water into a wok and bring it to a boil over high heat. Line the bottom of a bamboo steamer with a layer of cabbage leaves. Place the marinated chicken on top of the leaves. Cover the steamer and put it into the wok. Steam the chicken until it is cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
CHICKEN SUPREMES IN PARCHMENT WITH ROASTED SQUASH SAUCE AND BABY BOK CHOY
- Make the Chicken: Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Using scissors, round off the 4 corners of the parchment paper squares to make large circles (don't worry about the circle being perfect). Arrange each breast, slightly off center, on the paper circles, with the smooth rounded sides up. Fold one end of the paper over each breast, to make half-moon shapes. (The breasts should be horizontal to the folds.) Make 1/4-inch folds all around the open ends and press to crimp and seal. Close the final crimp with a paper clip. Place packages on a baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the Sauce: Heat the oil in a saucepot over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the roasted squash and fennel and season with salt, to taste. Cook, scraping the bottom of the pot with the wooden spoon to loosen any bits, about 3 to 4 minutes. Raise the heat to high, add the sherry, and cook, stirring, until completely evaporated. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for 7 minutes. Season with pepper. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Puree the sauce in a blender and strain it through a fine-mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth. (The sauce and can be made a day in advance.)
- When ready to serve: Arrange a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the chicken packages until puffed and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bok choy, season with salt, and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce and chicken stock, cover, and cook until soft but still firm in the center, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, reheat the sauce in a small saucepan and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide the chicken packages among 4 plates. Using scissors, cut an "X" in the top of each package and pull back the edges to reveal the chicken. Spoon 2 to 4 tablespoons of the sauce over the chicken, and nestle 2 halves of the bok choy beside the chicken. Garnish with the cilantro sprigs and serve immediately.
GARLIC PARMESAN PARCHMENT-BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fold the parchment paper in half, then open up.
- Slice the zucchini into rounds and lay them on one half of the parchment paper.
- Mix the minced garlic and butter in a small bowl and spoon half of the garlic butter on top of the zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay the chicken on the zucchini, season with salt and pepper and spoon on the rest of the garlic butter. Top with parmesan.
- Fold the parchment paper over the chicken, and cinch the paper together by folding it over itself along the edges.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165˚F (75˚C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 519 calories, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 32 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 52 grams, Sugar 2 grams
SEARED AND STEAMED CHICKEN
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Place the oil or butter in a 12-inch skillet, and turn the heat to medium-high. After about 2 minutes, when the oil is hot or the foaming from the butter has subsided, season the chicken breasts well with salt and pepper and place them in the skillet, smooth (skin) side down. Turn the heat to high, and cook about a minute, until the chicken begins to brown. Turn the heat to medium, and cover the pan.
- Cook, undisturbed, until the chicken is firm and nearly cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. To minimize the spattering, quickly uncover the skillet, and remove the chicken to a plate. Place the plate in the warm oven.
- Over high heat, add the wine, stock or water to the pan, and stir and scrape to release any bits of chicken that have stuck to the pan. When the liquid has reduced by about half, add the tomatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about a minute. Add the capers, olives and all but 1 tablespoon of the parsley, and cook a minute more, stirring occasionally. Return the chicken to the sauce and turn once or twice. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 199, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 20 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 440 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SPICY CHICKEN STEAMED DUMPLINGS
A steamed Asian dumpling with a spicy chicken and mushroom mixture. Don't worry if you don't like mushrooms, these have so much flavor you won't even know they are there! I adapted this to my taste from a Taste of Home recipe.
Provided by Jessy M
Yield 48 dumplings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place chicken thighs in a medium saucepan and add just enough water to cover completely. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove chicken and allow to cool slightly, reserving cooking liquid.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, pepper flakes, and green onion in a small jar, shake well and set aside.
- Cut chicken into chunks and place in bowl of food processor. Add mushrooms, onion, hoisin, mustard, and sriracha. Process until ground and well combined.
- Beat egg with the 1 tsp water. Working in small batches, place 1 tbsp of meat mixture on center of each wonton wrapper. Brush two edges with egg wash and fold up sides, corner to corner, to seal well around filling. Fold top corner over and secure with a little more egg wash if desired.
- Bring reserved cooking liquid to simmer in a pan with a steamer basket. Spray basket with cooking spray and place dumplings in basket.
- Cover with lid and steam 8-10 minutes.
- If you would rather cook these like potstickers with a crispy bottom, spray a shallow pan with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Set dumplings directly in pan and pour hot cooking liquid around dumplings to about 1/2 inch deep. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes or until bottoms are brown and crispy. Don't move them around during cooking or they will stick and tear.
- Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43.5, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.2, Cholesterol 12.5, Sodium 410.2, Carbohydrate 5.7, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.4, Protein 3.6
More about "spicy steamed chicken in parchment recipes"
10 BEST HEALTHY STEAMED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
CHINESE STEAMED HERBAL CHICKEN RECIPE - SOUPER DIARIES
BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS IN PARCHMENT PAPER (STEP-BY
7 SPICY CHICKEN DINNERS THAT WILL LEAVE YOU CRAVING …
16 PARCHMENT-WRAPPED DINNERS FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE …
STEAMED CHICKEN (CHINESE STYLE) - HOW TO COOK IN 3 QUICK …
30 SPICY CHICKEN RECIPES THAT BRING THE HEAT | ALLRECIPES
SPICED BAKED CHICKEN PARCELS (CHICKEN EN PAPILLOTE) RECIPE
PARCHMENT-BAKED CHICKEN 4 WAYS | RECIPES - TASTY
BEST SPICY SICHUAN STEAMED CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO …
SWEET AND SPICY BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE – …
10 BEST CHICKEN IN PARCHMENT RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN - GIMME SOME OVEN
50+ SPICY CHICKEN RECIPES FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE HEAT
SPICY CHICKEN STRIPS - GIMME DELICIOUS
CHICKEN BREASTS IN PARCHMENT
ASIAN CHICKEN IN PARCHMENT – HOMEMADE HOISIN SAUCE
CHINESE STEAMED CHICKEN RECIPE - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
SPICY STEAMED CHICKEN IN PARCHMENT | RESCOOKING.COM
SPICY STEAMED CHICKEN WITH SCALLOPS | BEST CHICKEN RECIPES
STEAMED CHICKEN BREAST WITH KOREAN GOCHUJANG MARINADE
STEAMED CHICKEN BREAST IN PORK POCKET RECIPE | SIDECHEF
SPICY STEAMED CHICKEN RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BAKED CHICKEN WITH PARCHMENT PAPER
SPICY GINGER CHICKEN WITH STEAMED BOK CHOY - DELISH
EASY STEAMED SALTED WHOLE CHICKEN 簡易蒸鹽焗雞 - AUNTIE EMILY'S …
THE FLAVOR BENDER - BREAKFAST, BRUNCH, & DESSERT RECIPES MADE …
PARCHMENT-STEAMED CHICKEN - LICORICE
SPICY PEPPER CHICKEN STIR-FRY (30 MINUTE RECIPE) - THAT SPICY CHICK
P.F. CHANG'S SPICY CHICKEN (COPYCAT) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHICKEN BAKED IN PARCHMENT - BIGOVEN.COM
BEST SPICY GREEN CURRY CHICKEN BAKED IN PARCHMENT PAPER RECIPES …
CHINESE STEAMED CHICKEN + VIDEO | SILK ROAD RECIPES
STEAMED CHICKEN FOIL PACKET RECIPE | NOOBCOOK.COM
SICHUAN STEAMED CHICKEN IN CHILI SAUCE RECIPE | LOST PLATE CHINA
CHINESE STEAMED CHICKEN - HOW TO PREPARE WITH SIMPLE INGREDIENTS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Chicken Breast Roast on parchment paper?Place a 12 x 12-inch sheet of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet. Fold it in half and cut it into a half-heart shape. Unfold the paper and place the chicken breast in the center of one side. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, and herbs and spices, and top with lemon, orange, or lime slices.
How do you cook chicken thighs in parchment paper?Cut parchment paper into four 10-inch squares. place 1 chicken breast in center of each piece of parchment; arrange carrots, zucchini, peas and bell pepper around chicken. Combine 1/2 C. chicken broth and flour in a small saucepan; stir in garlic, thyme, salt, nutmeg and black pepper.
How long do you cook chicken and vegetables in parchment paper?The chicken and vegetables steam inside the parchment in about 15 minutes in a hot 425° oven. Best of all, you can make the packets ahead of time and refrigerate for several hours, then bake when you are ready for dinner.
How do you cook chicken and bok choy in parchment paper?Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, place bok choy mixture on one side of crease on each piece of parchment, then top with chicken and 2 thyme sprigs. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon wine.