SPICY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES
These kicky pickles are the perfect way to use up some of summer's zucchini bounty. Garlicky, dill-y, and a good touch of heat thanks to red pepper flakes. Plus, they're so easy. SO. Easy.
Provided by Kare for Kitchen Treaty
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Wash and dry a pint-sized glass jar with airtight lid. I used a Weck jar.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices. Place in jar along with the cloves of garlic. You might have to do a little squeezing and pushing to get them all in there.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, peppercorns, mustard seeds, and salt to a small saucepan. Set it over medium heat and bring just to a boil.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour over zucchinis and garlic in the jar. Top with dill, immersing it as much as possible. Place the lid on the jar and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Open and serve.
- These keep 7-10 days in the fridge (that's as long as I've had them before they were all gone); but some sources say refrigerator pickles can last up to a month or more.
HOT AND SPICY ZUCCHINI PICKLES
From yahoo group files "These perky pickles are crisp and tangy, with a little punch. Add them to a crudités platter to liven up the party, or serve alongside a simple sandwich."
Provided by dicentra
Yield 6 pints
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Trim ends from zucchini and cut into 4 x 1/2 x 1/2" sticks, or the length that will fit in jars allowing for 1" headspace, discarding any pieces that are just the interior seed portion.
- In a large non reactive bowl, layer zucchini, ice cubes and salt, using about 1/3 of each layer. Add cold water to cover by about 1". Place a plate on top to weigh down zucchini. Cover and let stand at a cool room temperature for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile prepare jars, lids and bands.
- In a colander, working in batches, drain zucchini well and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often until sugar is dissolved. Boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and keep liquid hot.
- Working with one jar at a time, pack zucchini and 1/6 of the hot pepper strips into each prepared jar, leaving 1" headspace.
- Add 1 bay leaf and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Pour in hot pickling liquid, leaving a 1/2" headspace. Check for air bubbles and adjust headspace if needed by adding more pickling liquid.
- Process jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.
NOTHIN' SWEET ABOUT THESE SPICY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES
A truly piquant pickle that will satisfy those of us who have a loose sweet tooth. I have been looking for a truly flavorful pickle recipe, not sweet, but not just spicy, either. The key is the variety of ingredients, not just cutting down on the sugar. Only 24 hours in the refrigerator, and they're ready for snacking. Pucker up!
Provided by Buckwheat Queen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine water, vinegar, salt, peppercorns, yellow and brown mustard seeds, sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sugar and salt have dissolved, 5 to 7 minutes. Allow mixture to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Cut cucumbers into even spears and pack into a 1-liter, large-mouthed glass jar. Add onion slices, dill sprigs, and garlic. Pour cooled vinegar mixture over cucumbers in the jar to cover completely. Seal with a lid and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 25.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5.8 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 488.3 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
SWEET AND SOUR ZUCCHINI PICKLES
Pickled zucchini is a great way to use up all those green beauties in your garden. Preserve them now to share as a holiday gift from your kitchen. -Tina Butler, Royse City, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 6 pints.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place zucchini and onion in a large nonreactive bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat. Add water to cover; let stand at room temperature 2 hours. Drain; rinse and drain thoroughly., In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Add zucchini mixture; return to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until heated through., Carefully ladle hot mixture into six hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and, if necessary, adjust headspace by adding hot pickling liquid. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight., Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 12 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 87mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
More about "spicy zucchini refrigerator pickles recipes"
EASY AND QUICK: SPICY REFRIGERATOR ZUCCHINI PICKLES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 minsCategory Preserved FoodsCalories 5 per serving
SPICY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES ⋆ TWO LUCKY SPOONS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 minsCategory CondimentCalories 186 per serving
- Pack the pint jars with the zucchini slices and peeled garlic making sure to stuff the jars as full as you can. Place 2 springs of dill on the top.
- In a small saucepan, bring the remaining ingredients to a boil and pour over the zucchini slices making sure to fill each jar to the very top (it is possible that you will need to make more pickling liquid depending upon how tightly you’ve packed the jars).
SWEET AND SPICY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES RECIPE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hrServings 20Calories 48 per serving
SWEET ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES RECIPE | SHOCKINGLY DELICIOUS
WARM SPICY ZUCCHINI PICKLES - FERMENTOOLS
BREAD AND BUTTER ZUCCHINI PICKLES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SRIRACHA REFRIGERATOR PICKLES - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
SPICY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES - UMAMI GIRL
SPICY PICKLED ZUCCHINI RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SPICY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES | THE PINNED PROJECT
EASY SPICY GARLIC ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES - YOUTUBE
SPICY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES! - PICKLE ADDICTS
SWEET & SPICY ZUCCHINI PICKLES! - PICKLE ADDICTS
ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES RECIPE - PINTEREST
ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES ARE A SWEET AND SPICY SUMMER …
SPICY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES | RECIPE | PICKLING RECIPES, PICKLE ...
REFRIGERATOR ZESTY ZUCCHINI PICKLES - CRAVING SOMETHING …
SWEET SPICY ZUCCHINI RELISH - CRAVING SOMETHING HEALTHY...
SPICY ZUCCHINI PICKLES | HOMESICK TEXAN
SPICY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES | RECIPE | PICKLING RECIPES ...
HOW TO PICKLE ZUCCHINI [SPICY REFRIGERATOR ZUCCHINI PICKLES]
SPICY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES | RECIPE | PICKLING RECIPES ...
ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES RECIPE - BROWN EYED BAKER
SWEET & SPICY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES - THE TOASTY KITCHEN
SPICY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES - PEPPERS OF KEY WEST
SWEET AND SPICY PICKLES - AN EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLE RECIPE
HOT AND SPICY ZUCCHINI PICKLES - FARM FRESH FEASTS
EASY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES MADE WITH GARLIC
SWEET & SPICY GARLIC REFRIGERATOR PICKLES - CHINDEEP
EASY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES WITH JALAPEñO - COOKBOOKIES
SPICY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES - THE HEALTHY EPICUREAN
15 SPICY PICKLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SWEET AND SPICY ZUCCHINI PICKLES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ZUCCHINI PICKLES (NO CANNING REFRIGERATOR PICKLES ... - DELICIOUS …
PICKLED SQUASH | EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES | A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
SWEET AND SPICY ZUCCHINI PICKLES - NUTMEG NANNY
EASY KOREAN PICKLES - RACHEL COOKS®
REFRIGERATOR ZUCCHINI PICKLES (QUICK AND EASY!) | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
REFRIGERATOR ZUCCHINI PICKLES - IOWA GIRL EATS
SPICY SWEET REFRIGERATOR PICKLES - SIMPLY SO GOOD
SPICY ZUCCHINI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES | RECIPE | REFRIGERATOR PICKLES ...
SAVORY MOMENTS: HOT AND SPICY REFRIGERATOR TURNIP PICKLES
REFRIGERATOR PICKLED ZUCCHINI RECIPE | HOMEMADE & YUMMY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to pickle zucchini?Start by marinating zucchini and onion in brine. Combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, turmeric, and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves fully. Drain the zucchini and transfer to jars. Pour the pickling liquid over the top and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 24 hours.
How do you cook zucchini and garlic in a jar?Cut the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices. Place in jar along with the cloves of garlic. You might have to do a little squeezing and pushing to get them all in there. Add the vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, peppercorns, mustard seeds, and salt to a small saucepan.
How long do zucchini Pickles last in the fridge?Keep un-canned unprocessed zucchini pickles in the fridge for up to a month. Do you use the same amount of pickling salt vs. kosher sea salt? If you are making pickles, you can use kosher salt in place of pickling salt. You will add as much as 50 percent more than the amount specified in the recipe.
How do you make hot sauce with zucchini and peppers?Reduce heat to low and keep liquid hot. Working with one jar at a time, pack zucchini and 1/6 of the hot pepper strips into each prepared jar, leaving 1" headspace. Add 1 bay leaf and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds.