SPINACH CHEESE MANICOTTI
- .In a skillet, saute onion and garlicin oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, cream cheese, half the mozzarella, half the parmesan, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and beat until well mixed.
- Drain spinach with several paper towels and squeeze until spinach is well drained.
- Add spinach and onion to cheese mixture and mix well.
- Spoon this mixture into manicotti shells, using 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Be careful not to tear shells.
- Pour half of spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange shells over the sauce and top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven , uncover and sprinkle remaining cheeses over top.
- Return to oven until cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 709, Fat 50.4, SaturatedFat 26.1, Cholesterol 145.5, Sodium 1451.8, Carbohydrate 26.3, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 12.2, Protein 39.3
SPINACH CHEESE MANICOTTI
The creamy cheese filling in these yummy stuffed shells has a pretty flecks of spinach. Margaret Truxton, Pinehurst, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside. , In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in onion mixture and spinach. Stuff into the manicotti shells., Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange shells over sauce; top with remaining sauce., Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 682 calories, Fat 38g fat (19g saturated fat), Cholesterol 101mg cholesterol, Sodium 1418mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
CHEESE SPINACH MANICOTTI
No one will even miss the meat in this hearty, delicious meal. Cream cheese and cottage cheese beef up the filling and give this lasagna-like dish a creamy base. -Julie Lower, Katy, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, wine, Italian seasoning, sugar and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally., Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the cottage cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, eggs and salt., Stuff cream cheese mixture into uncooked manicotti shells. Spread 1 cup sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spay. Arrange manicotti over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over top., Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until pasta is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 80mg cholesterol, Sodium 722mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using fresh spinach, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, and season generously with salt. Fill a medium bowl with ice water and season with salt. Boil the spinach until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, (keep the water in the pot boiling), and immediately plunge the spinach into the ice water. Drain and squeeze the excess water from the spinach, and finely chop. Alternatively, if using thawed spinach, simply squeeze, and finely chop. Set aside.
- In the same large pot of boiling water, cook the manicotti shells according to the package directions until al dente. Drain and pat dry.
- Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, and 1/3 cup of the grated cheese and mix until evenly combined. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, the nutmeg and pepper. Spoon the cheese mixture into the manicotti shells and line them up in the baking dish. Cover with the remaining 2 cups sauce. Scatter the remaining 2/3 cup grated cheese on top and dot with the butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the herb sprigs and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard the herb sprigs. Stir in 2 teaspoons salt and season with pepper to taste. Use right away, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
- Yield: 3 1/2 cups
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
SPINACH AND CHEESE MANICOTTI
Oh, how I love Italian food! I especially love those dishes like this one, made with delicious cheeses! I use a slightly sweet marinara sauce, but use whatever recipe you like. Delizioso!
Provided by Irishcolleen
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, and season generously with salt. Cook according to package directions. Drain and squeeze the excess water from the spinach.
- Cook the pasta shells until al dente, tender but still slightly firm. Drain and pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch ovenproof baking dish with 1 cup of the marinara sauce.
- In a medium mixing bowl, evenly combine the ricotta, mozzarella, and 1/3 cup of the Parmesan, the eggs, garlic and the spinach. Season with the 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the manicotti shell and line them up in the baking dish.
- Cover with the remaining sauce. Scatter the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.7, Fat 22.2, SaturatedFat 11.9, Cholesterol 125.3, Sodium 1203, Carbohydrate 23.1, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 12.2, Protein 23.6
SPINACH CHEESE MANICOTTI
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, onion and egg. Season with parsley, pepper and garlic powder. Mix in 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. In a separate bowl, stir together spaghetti sauce and water.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture, and arrange in a single layer in the dish. Cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until noodles are soft.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 576.1 calories, Carbohydrate 69 g, Cholesterol 81.8 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 9.2 g, Protein 29.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.7 g, Sodium 1409.9 mg, Sugar 24.4 g
MANICOTTI WITH CHEESE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and cool on waxed paper or aluminum foil to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; fill manicotti with cheese mixture.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom and arrange manicotti in a single layer; cover with remaining sauce. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes longer; serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 735.6 calories, Carbohydrate 88 g, Cholesterol 72.6 mg, Fat 29.9 g, Fiber 12.8 g, Protein 28.4 g, SaturatedFat 13.8 g, Sodium 2308.5 mg, Sugar 41.2 g
SPINACH AND CHEESE MANICOTTI RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: manicotti shells, shredded italian cheese blend, ricotta cheese, frozen cut spinach, cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese, himalayan sea salt, pepper, dry parsley flakes, dry oregano, dry basil, garlic powder, onion powder, marinara sauce, fresh thyme
Provided by Sarah LaDue
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook manicotti al dente. Then, rinse pasta with cool water and drain well.
- Stir together all the spinach blend ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside.
- In the bottom of an ungreased 13x9 (3 qt) glass baking dish, spread 1 ½ cups (390 G) pasta sauce along the bottom.
- Spoon spinach mixture into a piping or a gallon-size Ziploc bag. Snip 1 inch (2.5 cm) off the corner - you want it big enough to fill the manicotti and be able to let all the ingredients pass through without clogging the piping hole.
- Hold a manicotti shell in your hand and squeeze the filling inside the shell. Let it overflow just a bit on both sides.
- Place the filled shells into the bottom of the pan: if you run out of room in your pan, use a separate smaller pan to accommodate the extra.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
- Uncover dish and top with more sauce. Then, sprinkle remaining ½ cup Italian cheese blend on top of the sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with thyme and add some fresh chives (optional) upon serving. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1099 calories, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 87 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 61 grams, Sugar 6 grams
Surprise! Less than 10 ingredients and just 15 minutes prep is all you need to whip up this Italian pasta dish. Follow the do-ahead tip and you'll have a doable weeknight dinner.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cook manicotti as directed on box. Rinse with cool water; drain well.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups of the Italian cheese blend, the red pepper, ricotta cheese, spinach, garlic and egg.
- In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce. Spoon ricotta mixture into manicotti; place over sauce in dish. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake about 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling. Uncover dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend. Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving (2 Manicotti), Sodium 770 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 0 g
CHICKEN, CHEESE & SPINACH MANICOTTI
Take an Italian taste tour with our Chicken, Cheese & Spinach Manicotti. This stuffed spinach manicotti can even fit into your healthy eating plan!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine chicken and garlic in large bowl. Add spinach, cottage cheese, egg whites and 1/4 cup mozzarella; spoon into manicotti shells.
- Place in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover with pasta sauce.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining mozzarella; bake 5 min. or until melted. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 830 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 38 g
EASY CHEESY MANICOTTI
- Heat oven to 350°F. In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish, spread about one-third of the pasta sauce.
- Mix spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano and pepper. Fill uncooked manicotti shells with spinach mixture; place on sauce in baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix remaining pasta sauce and water. Pour sauce mixture evenly over shells, covering completely. Cover; bake 1 hour. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover; bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until shells are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1000 mg, Sugar 13 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "spinach cheese manicotti recipes"
SPINACH AND RICOTTA MANICOTTI RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
SPINACH AND CHEESE MANICOTTI RECIPE - OPRAH.COM
SPINACH AND CHEESE MANICOTTI - 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE
10 BEST SPINACH MANICOTTI WITH WHITE SAUCE RECIPES - YUMMLY
FOR THE BEST SPINACH MANICOTTI, SKIP THE MANICOTTI (AND THE SPINACH)
EASY SPINACH AND CHEESE MANICOTTI RECIPE - THE FOODIE …
THE BEST CHEESE MANICOTTI RECIPE WITH SPINACH
THE BEST CHEESE MANICOTTI | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
SPINACH AND CHEESE MANICOTTI - FLAVOR FROM SCRATCH
BASIL, SPINACH & CHEESE MANICOTTI | CANADIAN LIVING
SPINACH & CHEESE MANICOTTI – FAITH FOOD FARM
CHEESE SPINACH BAKE - RECIPES - PAGE 11 | COOKS.COM
EASY VEGETARIAN SPINACH AND CHEESE MANICOTTI RECIPE
EASY KETO SPINACH CHEESE MANICOTTI - BEAUTY AND THE FOODIE
FOUR CHEESE SPINACH MANICOTTI - BUNS IN MY OVEN
BAKED SPINACH AND CHEESE STUFFED MANICOTTI - GARLIC & ZEST
SPINACH AND THREE CHEESE MANICOTTI | THE COOK'S TREAT
SPINACH AND CHEESE MANICOTTI - SAFEWAY
SPINACH BEEF CANNELLONI (MANICOTTI) | RECIPETIN EATS
SPINACH CHEESE MANICOTTI – THE OLD RECIPES
SPINACH AND THREE CHEESE MANICOTTI - THE COOKING JAR
EASY NO-BOIL SPINACH AND CHEESE MANICOTTI - KITCHEN CENTS
MANICOTTI WITH SPINACH AND RICOTTA - COOKING WITH NONNA
SPINACH AND CHEESE STUFFED MANICOTTI - RECIPE GIRL®
SPINACH RICOTTA MANICOTTI (CANNELLONI) - CAFE DELITES
SPINACH CHEESE MANICOTTI RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHEESE AND SPINACH MANICOTTI · MAJOR GATES
HOMEMADE MANICOTTI RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
CHEESE MANICOTTI WITH SPINACH - GRANDBABY CAKES
SPINACH CHEESE MANICOTTI - ITALIAN
EASY BEEF, SPINACH, AND CHEESE MANICOTTI - GARNISH & GLAZE
SPINACH AND CHEESE STUFFED MANICOTTI RECIPE
MAKE AHEAD SPINACH MANICOTTI RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
RECIPE FOR STUFFED SHELLS WITH RICOTTA CHEESE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTERY MARINARA SPINACH & CHEESE MANICOTTI
CHEESY BAKED MANICOTTI RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
CHEESY SPINACH MANICOTTI RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #eggs-dairy #pasta #dinner-party #cheese #pasta-rice-and-grains #manicotti #pasta-shells #taste-mood #number-of-servings
Homemade Ricotta-Spinach Manicotti88K views-03:35
Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Manicotti - in the Kitchen With Jonny Episode 6124K views-05:17
Manicotti Stuffed with Spinach and ricotta cheese592 views-09:02
Chicken and spinach stuffed manicotti | Recipes from a small kitchen7.8K views-03:25
Three Cheese Spinach Manicotti - How to make Manicotti1.9K views-09:50
Spinach and Three Cheese Manicotti || No-Boil Manicotti || BEST ITALIAN FOOD2K views-08:15
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make manicotti with ricotta cheese?In medium bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups of the Italian cheese blend, the red pepper, ricotta cheese, spinach, garlic and egg. In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce. Spoon ricotta mixture into manicotti; place over sauce in dish.
How to make stuffed spinach manicotti?This stuffed spinach manicotti can even fit into your healthy eating plan! Heat oven to 350°F. Combine chicken and garlic in large bowl. Add spinach, cottage cheese, egg whites and 1/4 cup mozzarella; spoon into manicotti shells. Place in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover with pasta sauce.
How to cook manicotti pasta?Cook manicotti as directed on box. Rinse with cool water; drain well. In medium bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups of the Italian cheese blend, the red pepper, ricotta cheese, spinach, garlic and egg. In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce.
How much ricotta is in a bag of spinach manicotti?Spinach Manicotti Filling 8 ounces frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry 1 1/4 cups low fat ricotta cheese 310 g, it has less carbs than full fat 8 ounce bag 5 cheese Italian blend 226 g, or mozzarella 1 large egg 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 pinch fresh nutmeg