- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion in butter.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
- Stir into hot white sauce along with spinach and cheese.
- Fold in egg whites beaten until stiff, not dry, peaks are formed; turn into greased 1 1/2 qt casserole.
- Set in pan of hot water and bake about 50 minutes.
- White Sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour and heat until bubbly.
- Gradually add milk or cream, stirring constantly; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Serve immediately.
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg, milk, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Fold in spinach. Place in a small casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until lightly set.
- NOTE: If you are in a hurry, use a microwave safe casserole dish, cover with plastic wrap, and cook on high for 3 minutes. Release the steam, recover, and cook on high for another 3 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6.8 g, Cholesterol 43.9 mg, Fat 4.1 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 489 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
SPINACH AND CHEDDAR SOUFFLE
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 2 to 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter the inside of a 6 to 8-cup souffle dish (6 1/2 to 7 1/2 inches in diameter by 3 1/2 inches deep) and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. With a wooden spoon, stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Off the heat, whisk in the hot milk, the nutmeg, cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, until smooth and thick.
- Off the heat, while still hot, whisk in the egg yolks, one at a time. Stir in the Cheddar, 1/4 cup of Parmesan and the spinach and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Put the egg whites, cream of tartar, and a pinch of salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on low speed for 1 minute, on medium speed for 1 minute, then finally on high speed until they form firm, glossy peaks.
- Whisk one quarter of the egg whites into the cheese sauce to lighten and then fold in the rest. Pour into the souffle dish, then smooth the top. Draw a large circle on top with the spatula to help the souffle rise evenly, and place in the middle of the oven. Turn the temperature down to 375 degrees F. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (don't peek!) until puffed and brown. Serve immediately.
CLASSIC FRENCH SPINACH SOUFFLé
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Brush the inside of a 4 to 6-cup soufflé or deep casserole dish with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the softened butter , or grease six (5 to 6-ounce) individual ramekins, dividing the butter evenly. Sprinkle the buttered surface evenly with the grated Parmesan cheese. Set aside while you prepare the filling.
- Heat a large saucepan over low heat and add the chopped spinach. Sauté until it wilts and the juices have evaporated; keep a close eye on it as the spinach can burn. Let cool, then squeeze out excess liquid. Set aside.
- In a separate medium saucepan, melt the remaining butter over medium heat and stir in the flour and salt with a wooden spoon. Cook for 30 seconds, mixing constantly, to cook down the flour.
- Add the milk while whisking vigorously and cook for about 4 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Add the cooked spinach to the white sauce and continue cooking over medium heat for 1 minute. Season the mixture with black pepper, nutmeg, and more salt if needed.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot spinach mixture to temper it.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the pan, stirring to completely incorporate; remove from the heat. Do not overheat the mixture or you risk it separating; if this happens, unfortunately, there is no way to fix it.
- In a scrupulously clean bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir 1/3 of the egg whites into the spinach mixture.
- Then fold the remaining egg whites into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish(es) and bake for 30 minutes, until the soufflé is puffed up and cooked through. A single souffle may take a few minutes longer.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192 kcal, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 127 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 264 mg, Sugar 2 g, Fat 15 g, ServingSize Serves 6, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
SPINACH SOUFFLE SIDE DISH
You just can't make an easier, more delicious side dish than this. It's great with beef, pork and lamb, and I especially like serving it for a festive meal like New Year's Eve. -Bette Duffy, Kenmore, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° until edges are lightly browned, 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 calories, Fat 33g fat (20g saturated fat), Cholesterol 228mg cholesterol, Sodium 630mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Position rack in the center of the oven. Coat a 2-quart souffle dish or 6 individual (8-ounce) dishes with cooking spray. Coat with breadcrumbs. Tap out excess; set aside.
- Fill a bowl with ice and water; set aside. Place a steamer basket in a large saucepan; fill with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, and add the spinach. Cover, and steam until wilted, about 3 minutes. Drain, and plunge into ice bath to stop cooking. Let cool, and squeeze out excess water. Place the spinach in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely chopped; set aside. You should have about 1 cup.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk, and bring just to a simmer. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 egg yolks until blended. Whisk in a little white sauce to temper the eggs, then add the remaining sauce, whisking until combined. Add the cooked spinach and grated cheese.
- Place the 4 egg whites and cream of tartar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on low until soft peaks begin to form. Increase speed to high; beat until stiff peaks form and egg whites are smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer 1/3 of egg whites to spinach mixture; gently fold in until blended. Add spinach mixture to remaining egg whites; gently fold in until just combined. Pour into prepared dish or dishes.
- Place souffle in oven, and reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve.
SPINACH AND GRUYERE SOUFFLE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a round 1-quart tall-sided baking dish and dust with breadcrumbs; set aside. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons water over medium-high. Add spinach and cook, stirring constantly, until wilted, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a strainer to cool; press to release liquid.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium until bubbling. Add flour and whisk until a paste forms. Continue to cook until pale blond in color, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisking, gradually add milk. Cook, whisking, until lumps are gone and mixture is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted; season with salt and pepper. Transfer souffle base to a large bowl.
- In a food processor, pulse spinach and egg yolks until coarsely pureed. Add 1/4 cup souffle base; pulse until blended. Stir spinach mixture into remaining souffle base. (To store, press plastic wrap against surface and keep at room temperature, up to 4 hours.)
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat 4 egg whites and pinch of salt on medium-high until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat), about 3 minutes. In 2 additions, gently fold egg whites into souffle base. Pour batter into prepared dish and bake until souffle is tall, browned, and firm to the touch, about 35 minutes. (Avoid opening oven during first 25 minutes of baking.) Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 g, Fat 8 g, Protein 7 g
- Wash and trim spinach, leaving the water that clings to the leaves. Place in a large skillet and steam just until wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Drain and chop; set aside. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour and pepper; cook and stir until bubbly. Slowly add milk; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in onion, salt and nutmeg. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. In another bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; stir into white sauce. Gently fold into egg whites along with spinach. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole or souffle dish. Place casserole in a larger pan; fill larger pan with 1 in. of water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and edge comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160 calories, Fat 12g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 132mg cholesterol, Sodium 559mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
Nothing to worry about here, folks: This souffle is the opposite of fussy. Right out of the oven it's gloriously light and airy like a souffle should be, but as it deflates it becomes rich and decadent -- meaning that even if your souffle collapses, it's still going to be amazing.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the spinach in a colander to drain, pressing out as much excess liquid as you can.
- Make the bechamel sauce: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add the flour and stir until it becomes a thick paste. Add the milk 1/2 cup at a time, whisking well after each addition, until you have a smooth sauce. Remove from the heat and whisk in the salt, nutmeg and pepper. Taste for seasoning. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg whites until just frothy with an electric mixer. Add the cream of tartar and beat on high speed until it forms firm peaks. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl until they are pale yellow, then add the warm bechamel sauce a bit at a time. Switch to a large rubber spatula; gently mix in the spinach, Parmesan and 1/2 cup Romano. Fold in a third of the egg whites to lighten, then gently fold in the remaining egg whites until thoroughly combined but still light and fluffy.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart souffle dish with cooking spray or softened butter, then add the remaining 1/2 cup Romano and rotate the dish to coat the bottom and sides with the cheese. Pour in the souffle batter, then bake until puffy and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
GRANDMA'S SPINACH SOUFFLE BAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease sides and bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese and eggs. Stir in spinach, salt, nutmeg, and 11/4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese. Mix until well blended. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134.2 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 67 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 406.5 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
FROZEN SPINACH SOUFFLE
For those of you who love Stouffer's Spinach Souffle, try this. This recipe makes about twice the amount.
Provided by Mary Leverington
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Grease a 2-quart souffle dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thaw spinach.
- Drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Melt butter in a medium size frying pan.
- Sprinkle flour on butter and blend in with a slotted spoon.
- Cook until it bubbles and begins to brown just a little.
- Remove from heat and slowly blend in the milk, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Return to heat, add seasonings and cook on low for about 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Beat egg yolks well with a whisk.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the sauce into the eggs and stir.
- Add another 1/4 cup and stir again.
- Remove pan from heat and slowly stir in the rest of the eggs.
- Place well-drained spinach into a blender or food processor and pour sauce over it.
- Blend until smooth, about 5-10 seconds.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Beat egg whites until fairly stiff, but not dry.
- Fold them gently into spinach mixture until all white streaks are gone.
- Pour into souffle dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake 45 minutes to one hour until set.
- (Souffle is done when puffy and nicely browned. It will be somewhat soft on the inside.) Serve immediately.
More about "spinach souffle recipes"
10 BEST FRESH SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BASIC SOUFFLé RECIPE | GET CRACKING
SPINACH AND SWISS SOUFFLé - LIVE NATURALLY MAGAZINE
TWICE-BAKED SPINACH SOUFFLéS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPE - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
STOUFFER'S SPINACH SOUFFLé (COPYCAT) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SPINACH SOUFFLé (STOUFFER’S COPYCAT) RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
STOUFFER'S RECIPE USING SPINACH SOUFFLE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SPINACH AND CHEESE EGG SOUFFLE – MY ROI LIST
SPINACH AND CHEESE SOUFFLE - TRULY GRASS FED
STOUFFER’S SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPE - YOGITRITION
REALLY SIMPLE SPINACH SOUFFLE | MRFOOD.COM
EASY KETO SPINACH SOUFFLE - A HEALTHY PLANT-BASED RECIPE
SPINACH AND FETA SOUFFLé
SPINACH SOUFFLé | CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN
SPINACH SOUFFLéS | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION RECIPES
SPINACH SOUFFLE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
SPINACH SOUFFLE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
FRENCH SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPE - DELISHABLY
PANERA SOUFFLE COPYCAT RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE FOUR BAKED SOFT
CHEESE & SPINACH SOUFFLéS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SPINACH SOUFFLE - HEALTH BY JAN
SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPES BEST RECIPES AND RELATED RECIPES
SPINACH SOUFFLé RECIPE (EASY, CLASSIC RECIPE) | KITCHN
DELICIOUS SPINACH AND GOAT CHEESE SOUFFLé: EASY RECIPE
SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPE - BURPEE
SPINACH SOUFFLéS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SPINACH SOUFFLé FROZEN MEAL | OFFICIAL STOUFFER'S® - GOODNES
SPINACH & FETA SOUFFLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
JACQUES PéPIN’S CHEESE AND SPINACH SOUFFLé RECIPE - SERENDIPITY
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM SOUFFLé - THE FRENCH BARN
SPINACH SOUFFLé STUFFED SHELLS | OFFICIAL STOUFFER'S®
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLéS - ANDREW ZIMMERN
PANERA BACON SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY SPINACH & BACON SOUFFLé - BARBER FAMILY KITCHEN
EASIEST SPINACH SOUFFLE - YOUTUBE
SPINACH AND PARMESAN SOUFFLéS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #vegetables #oven #easy #dietary #equipment
You'll also love