TROPICAL SHRIMP SPINACH SALAD
This salad is so light and refreshing. Perfect for a warm summer's day, and hearty enough for a dinner meal as well. You will feel yourself transported to a tropical setting as you indulge in this yummy salad!
Provided by MISSYLYNMITZ
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Prepare the salad dressing by whisking together the pineapple juice, orange juice, and 1/4 cup olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside. Brush the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside. Place the spinach leaves, mango, macadamia nuts, and banana chips into a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the shrimp in the skillet on both sides until just warm in the center, about 1 minute per side.
- To assemble the salads, drizzle the spinach mixture with the salad dressing, and toss until evenly combined. Divide onto four plates. Divide the warm shrimp among the plates, and top with goat cheese. This way the goat cheese will melt down a little from the warmth of the grilled shrimp. Sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 698.2 calories, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Cholesterol 243.7 mg, Fat 49.5 g, Fiber 6.4 g, Protein 34.4 g, SaturatedFat 19.1 g, Sodium 499 mg, Sugar 21.5 g
SHRIMP SPINACH SALAD
Shrimp and garlic are sauteed in butter then set atop a bed of spinach. Almonds, tomatoes and a squeeze of lemon finish off this beauty. Perfecto! Jamie Larson - Dodge Center, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add the shrimp. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic and parsley; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat., Place spinach in a salad bowl. Top with tomatoes, almonds and shrimp mixture. Squeeze juice from the lemon; drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 153mg cholesterol, Sodium 350mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, SPINACH, AND RICE
- Heat a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat; swirl in oil. Add onion, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and juices and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and 2 1/2 cups water, then return to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until rice is tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in shrimp and spinach and simmer, covered, until shrimp is just pink and opaque, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve, sprinkled with feta and mint and drizzled with oil.
SPINACH, WILD RICE AND SHRIMP SALAD
- Combine water and rice in heavy medium saucepan. Season lightly with salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until rice is tender, about 40 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, char red bell pepper over gas flame or under broiler until blackened on all sides. Place in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes. Peel, seed and chop bell pepper.
- Combine wild rice, bell pepper, spinach, water chestnuts, shrimp, celery and green onions in large bowl.
- Whisk vinegar and mustard in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Add basil and tarragon. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Add dressing to salad and toss to coat. (Can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
SHRIMP & SPINACH SALAD WITH VINAIGRETTE
- Place lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk in salt, pepper and mustard.
- Slowing whisk in oil, adding a little at a time until thickened Add rest of the ingredients.
- Let stand an hour.
- Mix salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Dress w/ vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 753.5, Fat 65.3, SaturatedFat 9.1, Cholesterol 221, Sodium 1193.8, Carbohydrate 19.3, Fiber 8.1, Sugar 5.6, Protein 28.9
SHRIMP SALAD WITH RICE
The best shrimp salad I have ever had. Crunchy, tangy, sweet and salty all at the same time! A great different way to use shrimp. :) "Cooking time" is time in the refrigerator in this recipe.
Provided by Red Chef Mama
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Split each shrimp lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, rice, celery, olives, green pepper, pimento and onion.
- Cover the mixture and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir together salt, pepper, and mayonnaise and toss with the shrimp mixture.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the lettuce
- Garnish with the tomato wedges and any leftover shrimp.
- Serve with the French dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 651.2, Fat 5.4, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 113.4, Sodium 511.9, Carbohydrate 124.3, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 4, Protein 22.9
SPINACH SALAD WITH SPICED SHRIMP AND MANGO
Mango multitasks in this quick weeknight meal. Cool slices contrast with just-seared shrimp, and the remaining fruit that clings to the pit makes a sweet-tart nearly nonfat dressing when pureed with lime juice.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine onion and 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon lime juice. Cover, and let stand for at least 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Place spinach in a large bowl. Peel mango. Cut along both sides of the pit to create two portions of mango. Slice each portion lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Add to spinach.
- Cut remaining mango from pit, and puree in a food processor or a blender with remaining 1/4 cup lime juice (you should have 1/2 cup puree).
- Strain onion and add to spinach, reserving juice. Toss shrimp with reserved lime juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook until soft, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add shrimp mixture, and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes. Add mango puree, toss, and heat through. Add cilantro. Remove from heat, and toss with spinach, onion, and sliced mango. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195 g, Cholesterol 108 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 478 g
PARSNIP, SPINACH, ARTICHOKE & WILD RICE SALAD
- Cook the rice following pack instructions, then drain. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the parsnips with 2 tbsp oil and arrange on a large baking sheet lined with baking parchment in a single layer. Sprinkle with some seasoning and half the cumin seeds. Roast for 25-30 mins, stirring halfway through, until golden and crisp.
- Whisk the lemon juice, mustard, remaining cumin seeds and the oregano together in a large bowl, then add the remaining oil, whisking continuously, until thick. Season well. Stir into the cooked rice.
- Fold the spinach, artichokes and mint into the rice mixture, and season to taste. Scatter with the parsnip crisps to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 38 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
SPINACH RICE SALAD
Here's a salad that goes well with many menus. It has a hint of Asian flavor, with spinach and green onions for color and bacon for a bit of crunch.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine the salad dressing, soy sauce and sugar. Stir in the rice, celery and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. , Just before serving, stir in spinach and bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 443mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "spinach wild rice and shrimp salad recipes"
SPINACH AND WILD RICE SALAD - MY WHOLE FOOD LIFE
MAIN DISH WILD RICE & SPINACH SALAD - DELISHABLY
SPINACH AVOCADO SHRIMP SALAD - KETO, LOW CARB, PALEO, …
SHRIMP AND WILD RICE SALAD | THE WHOLE GRAINS COUNCIL
RECIPE: CHERRY AND WILD RICE SALAD WITH SPINACH AND WALNUTS
SHRIMP & VEGETABLE RED RICE SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SHRIMP SPINACH RICE RECIPES | BIGOVEN
ASTRAY RECIPES: SPINACH, WILD RICE AND SHRIMP SALAD
WILD RICE AND SPINACH RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
WILD AND JASMINE RICE SPINACH SALAD WITH STRAWBERRIES
SPINACH WILD RICE AND SHRIMP SALAD FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
SHRIMP AND SPINACH SALAD RECIPE - DELISHABLY
SPINACH & WILD RICE SALAD - FLOURS IN YOUR HAIR
SHRIMP, WILD RICE, AND SPINACH SALAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BLACK WILD RICE AND SHRIMP SALAD - COOK BETTER THAN MOST …
WILD RICE SPINACH SALAD - SPECIAL FOOD
RECIPES USING LEEKS AND SPINACH - THERESCIPES.INFO
SHRIMP & WILD RICE SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SHRIMP AND WILD RICE SKILLET - IOWA GIRL EATS
SPINACH SALAD WITH SHRIMP AND STRAWBERRIES - TWO CUPS OF HEALTH
SHRIMP SPINACH & FETA ORZO - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 MINUTE SPINACH SALAD WITH SPICY SHRIMP - TABLESPOON FOR ONE
WILD RICE – SHRIMP SALAD
WILD RICE SPINACH SALAD WITH LEMON-GARLIC DRESSING
CHERRY WILD RICE SALAD WITH SPINACH AND WALNUTS ... - NOURISH, …
SPINACH, WILD RICE AND SHRIMP SALAD - BIGOVEN.COM
WILD RICE SPINACH SALAD RECIPE ~ MACHEESMO
SPINACH AND SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GRILLED SHRIMP AND SPINACH SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
STRAWBERRY + WILD RICE SALAD - SPRINKLE OF GREEN
WILD RICE AND SPINACH SALAD | GIBBS-CALIFORNIA WILD RICE
WILD RICE SPINACH SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ORZO WITH SPINACH AND LEMON - THERESCIPES.INFO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put in your shrimp and rice salad?1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled plum tomatoes with their juices, coarsely chopped 3/4 cup long-grain white rice 1 pound fresh or thawed frozen large shrimp, peeled and deveined 1 package (10 ounces) thawed frozen spinach, drained and squeezed of excess moisture Feta, crumbled, for serving Fresh mint leaves, for serving (optional) Directions
How to cook shrimp and spinach salad?Directions In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add the shrimp. Place spinach in a salad bowl. Top with tomatoes, almonds and shrimp mixture.
How to cook shrimp and rice in a rice cooker?Directions. Stir in rice and 2 1/2 cups water, then return to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until rice is tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in shrimp and spinach and simmer, covered, until shrimp is just pink and opaque, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve, sprinkled with feta and mint and drizzled with oil.
What goes well with shrimp for dinner?This one-pot shrimp, tomato, spinach, and rice dish, topped with feta, will do the trick. Want an easy weeknight dinner option? This one-pot shrimp, tomato, spinach, and rice dish, topped with feta, will do the trick.