SPINACH WITH CRAB MEAT AND CRAB ROE
- In a wok, bring 3 ounces of water to a boil.
- Add 3 ounces of oil and the salt and bring the liquid to the boil again.
- Add the spinach and cook for 2 to 5 minutes, until the spinach is done. (The oil will make the spinach glisten.)
- Drain the spinach, pressing with a spatula or spoon so it is as dry as possible. Arrange spinach on a platter.
- Prepare the sauce by pouring the remaining tablespoon of oil along with the ginger juice and sherry in a wok over medium-high heat. When the liquid is hot, but not boiling, add the crab meat and chicken broth, stirring quickly and gently breaking up the crab meat so that it is in strands. Cook for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Mix the cornstarch with the remaining 2 ounces of water and add this and the crab roe to the crab-meat mixture, stirring until the sauce thickens. Turn off the flame. Add the egg white and stir for 3 seconds. Do not let the egg white solidify. The sauce should glisten. Pour the sauce over the spinach and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 295, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 309 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
CRAB AND SPINACH MORNAY
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pick over crab meat carefully to remove and discard pieces of shell or cartilage. Do not break up the pieces of crab; leave them as whole as possible. Set aside.
- Pick over spinach to remove tough stems or blemished leaves. Rinse well and drain. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan and add flour, stirring rapidly with a whisk. Add salt, pepper and cayenne. When blended, stir in milk, cream and nutmeg. Let simmer, stirring often from the bottom, about 10 minutes. Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Put spinach in a deep skillet or casserole without water. Cook, stirring often, until the leaves wilt. Drain. Press or squeeze to extract as much liquid as possible from the leaves. Chop spinach until it is medium fine.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of butter in a skillet and add 1 tablespoon shallots. Cook briefly, stirring, and add spinach. Add salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into a baking dish (an oval dish measuring 14 by 8 by 2 inches is ideal).
- Spoon crab into a smaller ovenproof dish and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of chopped shallots. Place in oven and bake 5 minutes. Scatter crab meat over spinach and smooth it to make an even layer. Spoon cheese sauce over all and smooth it over. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly on top.
- Place dish in oven and bake 10 minutes. Heat broiler. Let broil, leaving the door partly ajar, about 2 minutes or until nicely glazed on top. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 446, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 34 grams, SaturatedFat 17 grams, Sodium 981 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SPINACH CRAB CHICKEN
I altered a friend's recipe for crab-stuffed chicken to include one of my favorite vegetables- spinach. Now my husband requests this elegant entree all the time. Served over rice, it's special enough for company. -Vicki Melies Glenwood, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For sauce, in a large skillet, sauce the onion, mushrooms and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat., Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, crab, spinach and parsley; stir in 1/2 cup sauce. Spoon 1/4 cup down the center of each chicken breast half. Roll up; secure with toothpicks. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining sauce., Cover and bake at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Discard toothpicks. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "spinach with crab meat and crab roe recipes"
CRABMEAT AND SPINACH FETTUCINI WITH ALFREDO SAUCE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
NEW ORLEANS SPINACH CRABMEAT CASSEROLE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 6Total Time 45 mins
10 BEST SPINACH CRAB MEAT RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SPINACH CRAB PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SPINACH DIP WITH CRAB MEAT RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPINACH AND CRAB MEAT SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Cook spinach according to package directions, with onion slices. Drain mixture. Place mixture and 2 cups chicken broth in container of an electric blender; process until smooth.
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over low heat; add flour, salt, and pepper, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add remaining chicken broth; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in spinach mixture; simmer, uncovered, over low heat 10 minutes. Add half-and-half and crab meat, stirring well. Heat thoroughly. (Do not boil.) Stir in nutmeg. Ladle into soup bowls.
CRABMEAT-AND-SPINACH LASAGNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsServings 8
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add celery and next 3 ingredients. Sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine sour cream and next 4 ingredients in a bowl; stir in vegetable mixture and spinach. Add crabmeat; toss.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9- inch baking dish; top with half of crabmeat mixture. Top with half of cheese. Repeat layers with 3 lasagna noodles and remaining crabmeat mixture. Top with remaining 3 lasagna noodles.
SPINACH AND LUMP CRABMEAT AU GRATIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Category CrabAuthor Mike SkiCalories 485 per serving
SPINACH AND CRAB DIP - APPROACHABLE RECIPES AND INTUITIVE ...
Reviews 4Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 10 mins
- Stir together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and cottage cheese until relatively smooth. Stir in onion, jalapeño, garlic, cheddar, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and spinach. Make sure it is well-combined.
- Fold in crabmeat and add to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 2 hours. Add in lemon zest, stir well, and serve. Turn to Warm to keep for an extra hour or so.
- Make sure to store in refrigerator when not eating - will keep an extra day or two but not much longer than that.
FRESH SPINACH AND LUMP CRAB MEAT OMELETTES - (A)MUSING FOODIE
4.4/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsCategory EggsCalories 325 per serving
- Meanwhile, whisk 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon milk together in a small bowl. When the butter has turned frothy, pour the egg mixture into the skillet and then slowly turn the skillet so the egg coats the bottom and about 1/8″ up the sides. Cover the top, and let cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the egg looks almost set – but still a little glossy.
- Sprinkle half the parsley, salt and pepper onto the egg, then add half the cheese, crab meat and spinach to one side of the round.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently lift the side without any toppings, and slowly fold it over in half to form a semi-circle.
SPINACH CALLALOO WITH CRABMEAT | MOOSEWOOD RESTAURANT ...
Reviews 3Servings 6Cuisine CaribbeanCategory Main Dish, Side Dish
CRAB SPINACH PASTA WITH GARLIC BUTTER - DELISHABLY
Author Susan BrittonEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
SOUP WITH RICE PADDY CRAB, MALABAR SPINACH AND LUFFA ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
CRAB AND SPINACH STUFFED SHELLS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HARLEQUIN RICE WITH CRAB MEAT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ALASKA CRAB, SPINACH, & ARTICHOKE FLAT BREAD BAKE RECIPE ...
SPINACH AND CRAB MEAT RECIPES - QUALIFIEDPROPERTIES.COM
SPINACH WITH CRAB MEAT AND CRAB ROE - PLAIN.RECIPES
SPINACH WITH CRAB MEAT AND CRAB ROE - DINING AND COOKING
IMITATION CRAB AND SPINACH RECIPE
SPINACH AND CRAB MEAT RECIPES - SUBLIMESPEEDSHOP.CA
SPINACH DIP WITH CRAB MEAT - TFRECIPES.COM
CRABMEAT AND SPINACH RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
RECIPE OF ULTIMATE SAUTE KALE& SPINACH WITH CRAB MEAT ...
SPINACH WITH CRAB MEAT AND CRAB ROE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make New Orleans spinach crab meat casserole?New Orleans Spinach Crabmeat Casserole. 1 ingredients. 6 tablespoons butter. 1 cup chopped onions. 1/4 cup chopped green onions. 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained. 1 pint ... 2 directions. 3 added by. 4 nutrition.
How do you make crab cakes with spinach and eggs?In a large bowl, beat eggs and cream. Stir in the crab, spinach, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg; set aside. In a skillet, saute the celery, onion, red pepper and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add to the spinach mixture.
What are some good recipes to make with crab meat?In a heavy skillet, melt butter and saute onions and green onions until they are soft but not brown. Add spinach, sour cream and cheese. Reduce heat and simmer until heated throughout. Add artichoke hearts, salt,pepper, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Gently fold in crab meat and shrimp.
How long does it take to cook crab roe?Cook for 30 seconds to one minute. Mix the cornstarch with the remaining 2 ounces of water and add this and the crab roe to the crab-meat mixture, stirring until the sauce thickens. Turn off the flame.