STICKY BANOFFEE LOAF WITH TOFFEE SAUCE
Bake a mash-up of sticky toffee pudding and banana loaf. Leftover cake will keep for a few days and is great with a cuppa - and the sauce is delicious with ice cream
Provided by Tom Kerridge
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pour the rum and 200ml water into a saucepan (if you're not using the rum, add an extra 100ml water). Bring to the boil, add the bicarb and dates, then leave to cool, allowing the dates to soak up the boozy liquid.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Pour the dates and the liquid into a bowl and add the suet, flour, vanilla and sugar. Beat until completely mixed, then fold in the banana and spoon into a lined 900g loaf tin. Bake for 40-45 mins until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- While the cake is cooling, put the cream, sugar, butter and a small pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook until you have a bubbling sauce. Slice the banoffee loaf, pour over some sauce and serve with crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 732 calories, Fat 35 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 95 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 61 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING WITH TOFFEE SAUCE
Sticky toffee pudding is essentially a rich, moist cake permeated with a thick caramel-like sauce (with extra for serving). Most recipes say to soak the dates in hot water, but here we use coffee. It gives the holiday favorite a surprising depth of flavor. Martha made this recipe on Martha Bakes episode 505.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour a 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Place dates in a bowl, pour coffee over dates, and let soak 15 minutes. Stir in baking soda.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat together butter and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated.
- Reduce speed to low, and add half the flour mixture, beating until combined. Add date mixture and remaining flour mixture, and beat until just combined. (Do not overmix.) Transfer batter to dish, and bake until cake is puffed and springs back in center when gently pressed with a finger, about 25 minutes.
- Sauce: Meanwhile, combine butter, sugar, and cream in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium (so sauce does not boil over) and boil, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and darkens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and pierce holes at 1-inch intervals to bottom of cake with a wooden skewer. Pour half of hot sauce over cake and let soak 20 minutes. Serve warm with remaining sauce. Cake soaked in sauce and remaining toffee sauce can be stored at room temperature up to 1 day. Before serving, warm cake in a 300 degrees oven 10 minutes, and sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat.
STICKY TOFFEE BANANA BREAD
Use up overripe bananas to make this sticky toffee banana loaf. It's even more indulgent with the toffee sauce and nut brittle
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Butter and line a 900g loaf tin with a strip of baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and both sugars in a bowl for 5 mins with an electric whisk until really fluffy. Whisk the eggs, banana and yogurt in a separate bowl until mostly smooth, then whisk this into the butter and sugar mixture. Fold in the flour and baking powder until just combined, then fold in the dates and nuts. Spoon into the tin, smooth over the top and bake for 1 hr-1 hr 15 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins, then lift out using the strip of parchment. You can serve it warm now, or leave to cool completely on a wire rack. Will keep for four days in an airtight container.
- Meanwhile, make the toffee sauce. Put the sugar in a heavy-based frying pan and melt over a medium-low heat until light golden brown and liquid - don't stir, just tilt the pan to melt the sugar. Carefully whisk in the butter until smooth, then pour in the cream slowly and bring to a bubble. Mix until the sauce is smooth and shiny. Pour into a heatproof bowl, cover and leave to cool to room temperature.
- For the brittle, put the sugar in a frying pan with 2 tbsp water over a medium heat, stir briefly, then simmer for 10 mins until the caramel turns amber. Don't stir after the initial mix, just tilt the pan to get an even deep golden colour.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking parchment. Carefully stir the nuts, banana chips and salt into the caramel, until well coated, then pour onto the tray. Tip the tray (or use a spoon) to make sure the nuts are in a single layer - or they will be harder to separate later. Leave to cool completely before breaking the brittle into shards.
- Stir the toffee sauce to loosen if it's become stiff, or warm for a few seconds in the microwave (add a splash more cream if you need to), then drizzle over the cake so it drips down the sides. Top with the shards of brittle. Will keep for two days in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464 calories, Fat 24 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 57 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 44 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
STICKY DATE PUDDING WITH TOFFEE SAUCE
- Make pudding:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. and butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan (2 inches deep), knocking out excess flour.
- Coarsely chop dates and in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart saucepan simmer dates in water, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda. (Mixture will foam.) Let mixture stand 20 minutes.
- While mixture is standing, into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt. In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, beating after each addition until just combined. Add date mixture and with a wooden spoon stir batter until just combined well.
- Pour batter into baking pan and set pan in a larger baking pan. Add enough hot water to larger pan to reach halfway up sides of smaller pan and bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove smaller pan from water bath and cool pudding to warm on a rack.
- Make sauce while pudding is cooling:
- In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart heavy saucepan melt butter over moderate heat and add brown sugar. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally, and stir in cream and vanilla. Simmer sauce, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Cool sauce to warm.
- Cut warm pudding into squares. Serve pudding with ice cream and warm sauce.
More about "sticky banoffee loaf with toffee sauce recipes"
BANOFFEE LOAF CAKE RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING LOAF CAKE - DOM IN THE KITCHEN
MINI STICKY TOFFEE LOAF CAKES - THE CHERRY PIE BAKERY
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING WITH TOFFEE SAUCE - JAMES MARTIN CHEF
STICKY TOFFEE LOAF CAKE! – DELICIOUS RECIPES
STICKY BANOFFEE LOAF WITH TOFFEE SAUCE – COOKER APP
STICKY TOFFEE BREAD PUDDING - PHENOMENAL
EASY STICKY TOFFEE LOAF CAKE - CONFESSIONS OF A BAKING …
STICKY BANOFFEE LOAF WITH TOFFEE SAUCE | BBC GOOD FOOD …
STICKY BANOFFEE CAKE - TEATIME MAGAZINE
STICKY TOFFEE BANANA CAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
STICKY BANOFFEE LOAF WITH TOFFEE SAUCE; BAKING FOR EASTER BBC GOOD …
STICKY BANOFFEE LOAF WITH TOFFEE SAUCE; BAKING FOR EASTER BBC GOOD …
STICKY BANOFFEE LOAF WITH TOFFEE SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
STICKY TOFFEE SAUCE RECIPE FROM RYAN SCOTT - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
AD - STICKY TOFFEE LOAF CAKE - A SPOONFUL OF VANILLA
STICKY TOFFEE LOAF CAKE! - SUSAN RECIPES
STICKY BANOFFEE PUDDING CAKE | 12 TOMATOES
STICKY TOFFEE LOAF CAKE - YUMMLY RECIPES
BANOFFEE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
STICKY TOFFEE LOAF CAKE WITH FUDGE ICING | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
STICKY BANOFFEE LOAF WITH TOFFEE SAUCE | BANOFFEE, BBC GOOD FOOD ...
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING WITH PORT TOFFEE SAUCE RECIPE
STICKY BANOFFEE LOAF WITH TOFFEE SAUCE | RECIPE | BANOFFEE, BBC …
STICKY TOFFEE LOAF CAKE - PAGE 2 OF 2 - YUMMLY RECIPES
EASY STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING WITH TOFFEE SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
STICKY TOFFEE, FIG & WALNUT PUDDING WITH TOFFEE SAUCE RECIPE
STICKY BANOFFEE LOAF WITH TOFFEE SAUCE | RECIPE | BANOFFEE, FOOD, …
STICKY APPLE CAKE WITH TOFFEE SAUCE RECIPE | HOUSE & GARDEN
STICKY BANOFFEE LOAF WITH TOFFEE SAUCE | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, …
BANOFFEE FUDGE LOAF | TESCO REAL FOOD
STICKY TOFFEE LOAF CAKE! - AD - JANE'S PATISSERIE
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING CHOCOLATE LOAF - FOODNESS GRACIOUS
BANOFFEE LOAF CAKE - FABULOUS FAMILY FOOD BY DONNA DUNDAS
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING WITH BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE ARCHIVES - RECIPE …
STICKY TOFFEE LOAF CAKE! - PROVEN RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I do with banoffee Loaf?While the cake is cooling, put the cream, sugar, butter and a small pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook until you have a bubbling sauce. Slice the banoffee loaf, pour over some sauce and serve with crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream, if you like.
How do you make sticky toffee loaf cake?This sticky toffee loaf cake is perfect with a cup of tea. Delicious date loaf cake is filled with a swirl of sticky toffee sauce, step-by-step photos help you bake this tasty treat! 4oz (8 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temp. In a large pot add the butter and brown sugar. Whisk constantly over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
What temperature do you bake sticky toffee banoffee?Sticky toffee banoffee, a variation on the classic Victoria sponge theme, perfect for birthdays and special occasion cakes Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Butter two 20cm sandwich tins and line with non-stick baking paper.
How do you serve banoffee toffee cake filling?Turn onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely. For the filling, whip the double cream and fold through the Banoffee toffee. To serve, spread half of the cream over one of the cakes, then top with another sliced banana. Sandwich together, then cover with more cream then decorate the cake with an elegant drizzle of Banoffee toffee.