STIR FRIED CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE (豉汁干葱爆鸡球)
This stir fried chicken dish uses a simple and rich black bean sauce with tons of herbs to bring out the best flavor of the chicken.
Provided by Maggie Zhu
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine chicken breast, Japanese sake, potato starch, and salt in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Chop and prepare veggies and herbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Spread chicken in the skillet without overlapping. Let cook for 30 seconds without stirring. Separate the chicken with a spatula (it might stick together due to the potato starch). Cook until the bottom side turns slightly golden. Flip and stir chicken to cook other sides, until the surface is cooked but the inside is still a bit pink. Immediately transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and turn to medium heat. Add ginger, garlic and shallots. Cook until shallots begin to turn soft, 30 seconds. Add sauce. Give it a quick stir. Add chicken back into the skillet. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens, 1 minute. Immediately transfer everything to a plate.
- Serve warm over steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 293 g, Calories 529 kcal, Carbohydrate 34.3 g, Protein 43.1 g, Fat 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Sodium 462 mg, Fiber 0.6 g, Sugar 9.1 g
STIR-FRIED CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEANS
Of all the easy additions to stir-fries, fermented black beans are among the best. They give a special flavor and look, and the technique is effortless. Furthermore, a year's supply of black beans will set you back about a buck at a Chinese market.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Yield Serves 4, with rice
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Soak the black beans in the wine. Meanwhile, put a large, deep skillet over high heat. Add half the oil, swirl it around, and immediately add half the garlic and ginger. Cook for 15 seconds, stirring, then add the onion. Raise the heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion becomes soft, about 5 minutes. Remove the onion.
- Still over high heat, add the remaining oil to the pan, then the remaining garlic and ginger. Stir, add the chicken, stir again, then let it sit for 1 minute before stirring again. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken has lost its pink color, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium, add the scallion, and toss. Return the onion to the pan and add the sugar if you're using it and the soy sauce. Toss again, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then add the beans with their liquid and the stock. Raise the heat to high and cook, stir-ring and scraping the bottom of the pan, until the liquid is reduced slightly and you've scraped up all the bits of chicken, about a minute. Turn off the heat, drizzle on the sesame oil, garnish with scallion, and serve.
- 12 Simple Additions to Stir-Fried Chicken:
- You can throw almost anything you like into a stir-fry, but these are some of my favorites; some require a trip to an Asian market, but many will be in your pantry.
- 1. Add 1 tablespoon or more of bottled hoisin, plum, oyster, or ground bean sauce with the soy sauce.
- 2. Add 1/4 teaspoon or more Vietnamese-style chile paste, chile and black bean paste, or chile-garlic paste with the liquid.
- 3. Add 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil with the soy sauce. A tablespoon or so of toasted sesame seeds is also good, alone or with the oil.
- 4. Toss the chicken chunks with 1 tablespoon curry powder or five-spice powder.
- 5. Toss in 1/2 to 1 cup raw or roasted cashews or peanuts when you return the vegetables to the pan.
- 6. Omit the stock or water and add 1/2 to 1 cup coconut milk along with the soy sauce.
- 7. Add 1 cup chopped fresh tomato when you return the vegetable to the pan.
- 8. Replace half the soy sauce with nam pla (Thai fish sauce) or freshly squeezed lime juice or vinegar.
- 9. Add 1 cup mung bean sprouts when you return the vegetables to the pan.
- 10. Add 1/2 cup chopped shallot with the chicken.
- 11. Use snow peas, mushrooms, or other quick-cooking vegetables, alone or in combination, in addition to or in place of other vegetables.
- 12. Stir in 1/4 cup cooked grains (like barley, wheat berries, buckwheat, or quinoa) when you return the vegetables to the pan.
CHICKEN WITH GREEN PEPPERS IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE
- Heat a wok over a medium heat until hot, add the toasted sesame oil and heat for about 30 seconds. Stir in garlic and black bean sauce, and season with salt. Add chicken to the wok; cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through. Pour in dissolved chicken bouillon, cover, and cook for 6 minutes.
- Stir in onion, green onions, and bell pepper, and season with soy sauce and black pepper. Cover, and cook for 8 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture, and stir until sauce thickens. Stir in cilantro, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253.5 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Cholesterol 43 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 1421.2 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
CHICKEN IN GARLIC AND BLACK BEAN SAUCE
This classic Chinese stir-fry dish is not only delicious, but also very simple to make. Chicken is stir-fried with onions, peppers, and bean sprouts, then served in a garlic and black bean sauce.
Provided by tonytsang
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water together in a bowl. Stir in soy sauce, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add chicken; toss to combine. Let stand to marinate, about 20 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add bean sprouts; cook just until blanched, about 30 seconds; drain.
- Combine 1/4 cup water, oyster sauce, and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Add black bean sauce and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook and stir until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add marinated chicken; stir-fry until opaque and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in oyster sauce mixture; cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Cover and simmer until flavors blend, about 3 minutes. Stir in bell pepper; cover and cook until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Dissolve 2 teaspoons cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water. Stir in bean sprouts and cornstarch mixture; cook until sauce is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174.6 calories, Carbohydrate 8.2 g, Cholesterol 58.5 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 23.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 848.6 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
STIR-FRIED CHICKEN IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE
- Place the chicken in a bowl and mix with the soy sauce, sherry, salt, sugar, sesame oil and cornflour.
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add the oil. When it is very hot (slightly smoking), add the chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, shallots, 1 & 1/2 tbsp of the spring onions and the black beans; stir-fry additional 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with the remaining spring onions and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.9, Fat 18.5, SaturatedFat 4.1, Cholesterol 72.6, Sodium 616, Carbohydrate 5.7, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 1.4, Protein 25.1
STIR-FRIED CHICKEN IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE
This was a recipe my mom taught me to make when I was 11. The two sauces are by Lee Kum Kee, and are 'Black Bean Sauce' and 'Minced Ginger & Shallot Sauce'. I made this in a Master Chef competition at my old school, and came second, although I was the clear public favourite :) Anyway, it's delicious, so try it out!
Provided by Delete_
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Wash rice and steam in rice cooker.
- Season chicken with white pepper. Add ginger and shallot sauce and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a wok and lightly fry garlic over medium heat, until golden. Add chicken and brown on all sides, turning pieces over once or twice. Remove and drain off excess oil, leaving about 1 tbsp of the cooked oil in the wok.
- Fry the shallots until beginning to soften. Add black bean sauce and stir fry on high heat until sauce starts to bubble. Return chicken to wok and stir fry on high heat until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1297.4, Fat 56.9, SaturatedFat 12.1, Cholesterol 157.9, Sodium 152.3, Carbohydrate 146.1, Fiber 2.5, Protein 45.4
More about "stir fried chicken with black beans recipes"
BLACK BEAN AND CHICKEN VEGETABLE STIR FRY
4.6/5 (5)Total Time 30 minsCuisine ChineseCalories 411 per serving
- In a bowl add the chopped chicken breasts, 2 tbsp of chicken stock and 2 tbsp of cornstarch mix to combine and allow it to marinade for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- While your Chicken is marinating, cut up your green and red pepper into slices and do the same with the onion and green onion. Then crush the garlic and chop the ginger, set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil and saute the chicken till no longer pink but do not cook fully yet and set aside.
STIR-FRIED BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN WITH GREEN BEANS
BLACK BEAN CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY - CANADIAN …
CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE - AUTHENTIC RECIPE! - THE …
STIR-FRIED CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPE
STIR-FRIED BLACK BEAN CHICKEN RECIPE | SCHOOL OF WOK
BLACK BEAN CHICKEN STIR FRY – THE BEADER CHEF
STIR-FRIED CHICKEN AND TOMATOES WITH BLACK BEANS …
STIR-FRIED BITTER MELON, CHICKEN, BLACK BEAN SAUCE …
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN STIR-FRY RECIPE | DAILY COOKING …
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN FAJITA STIR FRY RECIPE
STIR-FRIED CHICKEN & BROCCOLI WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPE
CHICKEN IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPE: MAKE HEALTHY TAKEAWAY AT …
STIR-FRIED CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE | WOK WEDNESDAYS
CHICKEN IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE - POSH JOURNAL
STIR FRY SPICY CHICKEN GREEN BEAN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE
BLACK BEAN CHICKEN STIR FRY - KIKKOMAN FOOD SERVICES
BLACK BEANS CHICKEN AND RICE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN STIR FRY - THE TOPPER CHEF
STIR FRY CHICKEN BAMBOO SHOOTS IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE
CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE 15 MINUTE FAKEAWAY - KRUMPLI
CHINESE BLACK BEAN CHICKEN - COOKING MADE HEALTHY
CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHICKEN WITH SPICY BLACK BEAN SAUCE (30 MIN. RECIPE) - THAT SPICY …
RECIPE: STIR-FRIED CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE
CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE STIR FRY - CASUALLY PECKISH
BLACK BEAN CHICKEN STIR FRY | AUTHENTIC CHINESE RECIPES - LEE KUM …
10 BEST SHREDDED CHICKEN AND BLACK BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
STEAMED CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
BLACK BEAN CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE STIR FRY - EMPTY NESTER RECIPES
EASY HEALTHY CHINESE BLACK BEAN CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH PEPPERS
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
COOK BLACK BEAN CHICKEN IN 25 MINS | SIMPLY COOK
CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH BLACK BEANS - BIGOVEN.COM
15-MINUTE SOUTHWEST CHICKEN SKILLET - AVERIE COOKS
CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH BLACK BEANS - BIGOVEN.COM
CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE - AUTHENTIC RECIPE WITH A PUNCH OF …
You'll also love