STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE
- Put all ingredients in blender and mix until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.2, Fat 9, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 33, Sodium 119.5, Carbohydrate 42, Fiber 4, Sugar 22.4, Protein 9.9
The idea for this dessert didn't come to me in a dream but I was trying to think of a better name for a Strawberry Posset (which is what this actually is) but since very few people know what that is, I am calling it a Strawberry Dream. I think after trying it you'll agree that the name is totally appropriate. The boiled strawberry-infused cream and sugar filling firms up into a luxurious, pudding-like texture that when sandwiched between strawberry puree and macerated strawberries, tastes like a dream! Even though the portions are a bit small, the taste is rich and a little goes a long way.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare strawberry puree: Mix quartered strawberries and sugar in a 2-cup liquid measure or bowl. Let sit and macerate for 1 hour, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes. Use an immersion blender to blend into a smooth puree. Pass through a mesh strainer to remove seeds, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare cream mixture: Combine sugar and cream in a saucepan. Set heat to medium-high and bring to a boil while whisking occasionally; be careful, since cream can easily boil over. Once cream just starts to boil, reduce heat to between medium and medium-low and maintain a steady simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in vanilla, lemon juice, and 1/3 cup of the reserved strawberry puree until completely incorporated. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the cream is cooling, pour the remaining strawberry puree evenly into 4 dessert glasses.
- Pour the cooled cream mixture into the glasses. Wrap with plastic wrap and pop in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled, 3 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare topping: Toss diced strawberries and sugar together in a small bowl. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill alongside the strawberry dreams.
- When ready to serve, remove strawberry dreams and topping from the refrigerator. Stir the topping and spoon strawberries and any accumulated juices on top of each dream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 568 calories, Carbohydrate 43.6 g, Cholesterol 163 mg, Fat 44.3 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 27.4 g, Sodium 46.4 mg, Sugar 36.6 g
More about "strawberry dream smoothie recipes"
STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI SMOOTHIE RECIPE: A STRAWBERRY LOVER'S ...
STRAWBERRY KIWI DREAM SMOOTHIE RECIPE - THE PALM SOUTH ...
HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK AND STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE RECIPE ...
BEST STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
STRAWBERRY BANANA DREAM SMOOTHIE - BODY FORTRESS
STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE - ONE SWEET APPETITE
EASY CREAMY STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE (JUST 4 INGREDIENTS ...
STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE – DRSMOOTHIE
10 BEST STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE RECIPE - FOODSERVICE
STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE - KATIE AUSTIN
STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE | VIBRANT HEALTH
THE BEST STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE - THE BLENDER GIRL
THE BEST STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE - LOVING IT VEGAN
STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE (THICK + CREAMY- NO BANANA!)
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM SMOOTHIE - AVERIE COOKS
YOGA, HEALTH, AND WELLNESS ARTICLES + RECIPES | STRAWBERRY ...
STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE - JODI ALLEN NUTRITION
STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE RECIPE - OMNIBLEND USA
STRAWBERRY DREAM SHAKE RECIPE | 310 NUTRITION
STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE!! – THE ONE SCOOP
NUTRIBULLET CREAMY GREEN STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE RECIPE ...
STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE | RECIPE SEARCH, STRAWBERRY ...
ORANGE STRAWBERRY DREAM PLANT-BASED SMOOTHIE - BLOG ...
STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - SMOOTHIES
JAMBA JUICE SECRET MENU STRAWBERRY DREAM MACHINE SMOOTHIE ...
STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE WITH OAT MILK, SOY OR ALMOND MILK ...
STRAWBERRY DREAMS SMOOTHIE | DRFUHRMAN.COM
51 STRAWBERRY RECIPES FOR SMOOTHIES AND DESSERTS • NEW ...
SWEET DREAM STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE - DR. SEBI ELECTRIC ...
SIMPLE STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
STRAWBERRY OATMEAL SMOOTHIE | TASTE THE DREAM™
STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE | NESTLE RECIPES, CHEESECAKE ...
CREAMY GREEN STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE - RECIPE - NUTRIBULLET
HEALTHY SMOOTHIE RECIPES FOR A MORNING ENERGY BOOST
STRAWBERRY ORANGE DREAM SMOOTHIE - MY SAN FRANCISCO KITCHEN
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE: MCDONALD'S COPYCAT
HEALTHY STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
310 RECIPES | STRAWBERRY ORANGE DREAM SHAKE | TROPICAL ...
EASY 5-MINUTE STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
3-INGREDIENT STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE (SIMPLEST RECIPE EVER ...
EASY STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put in a frozen strawberry smoothie?All you need is milk, frozen strawberries, and strawberry jam. Simply throw them all into a good blender and whirr away! The strawberry jam is the secret weapon in this simple strawberry smoothie recipe.
Are strawberry smoothies good for You?These fruit-filled drinks are a healthy way to start your day. Strawberry smoothies never seem to go out of style. They're refreshing, tasty, and consist of the perfect blend of fruit favorites and protein-packed ingredients like yogurt or milk.
What can I substitute for milk in a strawberry smoothie?This strawberry smoothie substitutes milk for a soy alternative that blends together for a frosty treat. Take your parfait to the next level: If you're looking for a full, protein-packed smoothie, add raw almonds and old-fashioned oats. Then top with almonds or walnuts for a welcome crunch. Need a sweet snack?
What is strawberry jam used for in smoothies?Blend to Perfection. The strawberry jam is the secret weapon in this simple strawberry smoothie recipe. It not only sweetens the smoothie but intensifies the strawberry-ness, without any fake flavoring syrups of extracts.