STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUNCH
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oatmeal, butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Mix until crumbly then press half of the mixture into a greased 9"x13" baking pan.
- Cover with the rhubarb and strawberries.
- In a small saucepan, heat the water, cornstarch, and vanilla over medium-low heat until thick and clear, stirring often. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Pour over the rhubarb/strawberry layer.
- Top with the remaining crumb mixture and bake for 60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307.4, Fat 9.9, SaturatedFat 5.9, Cholesterol 24.4, Sodium 90.1, Carbohydrate 53.6, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 36.5, Protein 2.6
LOW SUGAR STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUNCH
A lot of rhubarb recipes add a large amount of sugar. This keeps the sweetener to a minimum so you can enjoy the tang of the rhubarb! Delicious-- enjoy! Use sugar in place of honey if you like.
Provided by KYRYBRY
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the rhubarb, strawberries and honey. Transfer to a shallow baking dish. In the same bowl, stir together the oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix in the butter until crumbly, and spread over the top of the fruit.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until rhubarb is tender and the topping is toasted. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236.4 calories, Carbohydrate 38.6 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 64.4 mg, Sugar 24.6 g
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP
- In large bowl combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, 1/3 cup flour and cinnamon. Put into to greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In another bowl combine remaining 1 cup flour with brown sugar, oats and nutmeg. Add butter and blend well. Sprinkle over rhubarb/strawberry mixture pat gently.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes in preheated oven.
There's no better way to showcase summer's classic fruit fusion than with this strawberry-rhubarb crisp. Tart rhubarb, sweet strawberries and a buttery crisp topping form an easy-to-make dessert that's ready in just one hour. While this tangy and sweet crisp is perfect on it's own, we think it tastes even better served hot and bubbly from the oven with a dollop of whipped cream or better yet, a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Provided by By Angie McGowan
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix rhubarb, strawberries, brown sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, oats, butter and salt with fork until crumbly. Using hands, crumble topping evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbly.
- To serve, scoop warm crisp into bowls; top with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 0 g
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the fruit, toss the rhubarb, strawberries, 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar and the orange zest together in a large bowl. In a measuring cup, dissolve the cornstarch in the orange juice and then mix it into the fruit. Pour the mixture into an 8-by-11-inch baking dish and place it on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- For the topping, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, the remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, salt and oatmeal. With the mixer on low speed, add the butter and mix until the dry ingredients are moist and the mixture is in crumbles. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit, covering it completely, and bake for 1 hour, until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
RHUBARB STRAWBERRY CRUNCH
Garden-fresh rhubarb is put to great use in this easy recipe. It's wonderful with ice cream. -Barbara Foss, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Combine rhubarb and strawberries; spoon over crust. , In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and vanilla; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake for 1 hour. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 calories, Fat 11g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 116mg sodium, Carbohydrate 68g carbohydrate (49g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
RHUBARB STRAWBERRY CRUNCH
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, strawberries, and rhubarb. Place the mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, butter, and oats until crumbly. You may want to use a pastry blender for this. Crumble on top of the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.7 calories, Carbohydrate 38.1 g, Cholesterol 27.1 mg, Fat 10.8 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 77.7 mg, Sugar 24.6 g
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUNCH
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a roomy bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oatmeal, butter, sugar and cinnamon, mix until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Cover with the rhubarb and strawberries. In a small saucepan, heat the water, cornstarch and vanilla over med-low heat until thick and clear, stirring often. This takes about 5 minutes. Pour over the rhubarb/strawberry layer. Top with the remaining crumb mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 60 min.
MAKEOVER STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUNCH
Now all you rhubarb fans out there can minimize that mouth-puckering flavor without having to ladle on the sugar. This light recipe lets you enjoy one of springtime's quintessential treats and feel good about each bite you take. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in strawberries and rhubarb until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray., In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar blend and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 45mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "strawberry rhubarb crunch recipes"
EASY STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (2)Category DessertCuisine AmericanCalories 375 per serving
- Place strawberries and rhubarb in a large bowl. Add sugar, corn starch, vanilla and lemon juice; stir to combine. Transfer to an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.
- Mix oats, flour, and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Add butter and mix to combine until mixture is crumbly. Spread over fruit mixture.
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DessertsCalories 332 per serving
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.9/5 (8)Category Dessert, BakingCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - TODAY.COM
4.2/5 (79)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Desserts
OLD-FASHIONED STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - ROLLIE ...
5/5 Category Desserts
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a bowl, toss the rhubarb with 3/4 cup of the sugar and let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. In another bowl, toss the strawberries with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the rhubarb to the strawberries; discard any rhubarb juice. Add the cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla to the fruit and stir well. Transfer the mixture to a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Using a pastry blender or your fingers, mix the ingredients together until large crumbs form.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the filling and bake for 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 325° and continue baking for about 30 minutes longer, until the fruit filling is bubbling and the topping is nicely browned. Let the crisp rest for 10 to 20 minutes before serving.
FRESH STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP (WITH EXTRA CRISP ...
4.5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 9-10Total Time 45 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350F and choose a baking dish. A 10″ cast iron skillet is preferred, but you could also use a 9″ or 8″ baking dish. Keep in mind it will need to bake for a few extra minutes if not using a cast iron skillet.
- Note – make sure your butter is in the fridge at this point. Take it out and chop it right before adding to the crumble.
- Combine all of the strawberry rhubarb filling ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat. Add to your baking dish and spread it even. Set aside.
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP « CLEAN & DELICIOUS
5/5 (19)Calories 296 per servingCategory DESSERT, DIET, Sweet Things
- In a large bowl combine strawberries and rhubarb. Sprinkle in sugar and flour and lightly toss everything together. Pile fruit mixture into a pie dish (or a 9x9 Pyrex baking dish).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ingredients for the oats, wheat germ, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, maple syrup, and coconut oil (I find the easiest way to do this is with my hands). Spread the topping over the fruit mixture.
- Pop into the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the top of the crisp is browned and the fruit is bubbly. Enjoy!!
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUNCH - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
4.8/5 (11)Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 401 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the fruit in a mixing bowl. Add the white sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cornstarch. Stir to coat and add the orange juice. Stir again and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients and then add the melted butter. Stir to combine. Press half of this mixture into a buttered 9x13 pan. Pour the fruit over the bottom crust and then sprinkle the rest of the dry mixture on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the crust turns golden brown. Serve warm from the oven or let cool completely and slice into servings. Enjoy!
RHUBARB STRAWBERRY CRUNCH - RECIPESRUN
4.7/5 Total Time 1 hr
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB CRISP | RICARDO
5/5 (13)Category DessertsServings 8Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
THE BEST STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP — BLESS THIS MESS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 307 per serving
AMISH STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUNCH - EASY - AMISH365.COM
Cuisine American, AmishCategory Dessert
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP - CAST IRON RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 703 per serving
RHUBARB STRAWBERRY CRUNCH | RHUBARB CRUNCH, RHUBARB ...
4.7/5 (1.2K)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 18Total Time 1 hr
OLD FASHIONED RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - COOKING RESEP
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE : ROASTED STRAWBERRY ...
SLOW COOKER STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP - ALL INFORMATION ...
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB MOONSHINE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP | FOODLAND ONTARIO
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #low-protein #healthy #desserts #fruit #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make rhubarb and Strawberry crisp?Tangy, sweet strawberries and rhubarb are layered in between a brown sugar and oat topping to make this Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the fruit in a mixing bowl. Add the white sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cornstarch. Stir to coat and add the orange juice.
How do you make strawberry and rhubarb cake mix?Directions. In a large bowl, mix white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, strawberries, and rhubarb. Place the mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, butter, and oats until crumbly. You may want to use a pastry blender for this. Crumble on top of the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
How to make rhubarb and strawberry smoothie?Combine the chopped rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch; stir to combine. Combine the sugar, flour, oats, and pecans in another bowl; stir with a fork to combine. Add the melted butter and vanilla; stir until no dry powder is left.
What is a rhubarb Crunch?Rhubarb Crunch. Almost firm enough to cut into bars and yet just fruity enough to still resemble a crisp, a crunch is simply a fruit crisp with both a top and bottom crust layer.