APPLE-CHAI SPICED BREAD PUDDING
Before the recipe is assembled, the milk is infused with spices including cinnamon and cardamom. The flavors of chai, brown sugar, and apples are a winning combination in this delicious bread pudding. Serve with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, if desired.
Provided by Wendi Leitzell
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place cubed bread inside of dish and set aside.
- Bring milk, cardamom pods, allspice berries, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-low heat; simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Strain milk into a bowl to remove large spices.
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Saute apple in the hot butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and add 1 cup brown sugar, vanilla extract, and caramel extract. Stir until sugar is melted. Pour over bread cubes and toss until evenly distributed.
- Beat eggs and cooled, spiced milk together in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer. Pour over the bread mixture. Allow bread to soak up mixture, 10 to 15 minutes, lightly tapping down bread cubes as needed so egg mixture can soak in.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar over the bread pudding. Melt remaining butter in a microwave-safe dish in a microwave, 15 to 30 seconds. Drizzle over brown sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.3 calories, Carbohydrate 64.8 g, Cholesterol 122 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 9.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 444.3 mg, Sugar 42 g
CHAI-SPICED BREAD PUDDING
Nothing says the holidays to me more than the warming spices of chai. This bread pudding incorporates those flavors to make a dessert that everyone raves about. -Jessie Apfe, Berkeley, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together first 9 ingredients and, if desired, rum. Gently stir in bread; let stand 15 minutes or until bread is softened. , Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds., Bake, uncovered, until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 218mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein. Diabetic exchanges
SPICED CHAI TEA PUDDING
From Cooking Club of America: "Chai tea, made with black India tea, spices and milk, is so popular today that we combined the flavors to make a silky pudding. This makes a perfect dessert for an Asian- or Indian-style menu."
Provided by Pinay0618
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In large saucepan, combine water, cloves, cardamom, star anise and ginger. Bring to a boil. Add tea bags; remove from heat. Let steep 10 minutes. Remove tea bags (do not squeeze).
- In large bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the sweetened condensed milk and cornstarch; whisk until well blended. Stir in remaining sweetened condensed milk. With fine strainer, strain hot tea mixture into milk mixture; stir to mix. Discard spices. Return tea mixture to same saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Beat egg yolks in medium bowl. Slowly whisk hot pudding into yolks. Return mixture to saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 30 to 60 seconds, stirring gently.
- Spoon into 6 (10-oz.) individual serving dishes. Cover; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Garnish with almonds. Store in refrigerator.
- TIP *To toast almonds, heat oven to 350°F Spread almonds on baking sheet; bake 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
This is another recipe that I found in a Betty Crocker cookbooklet. The recipe makes a light loaf of bread with a delicious cinnamon glaze. It can be served as a snack or dessert with some fresh fruit, a wedge of cheese and a glass of iced tea (or if you prefer, a cup of hot tea). Note: water can be substituted for the chai tea.
Provided by Dreamgoddess
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the bottom of a 9" loaf pan with cooking spray (I use Pam).
- Combine the sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- With a mixer, beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, tea, milk and vanilla.
- Reduce speed on the mixer to low and mix the ingredients well (the mixture will appear to be curdled).
- Add in the remaining bread ingredients.
- Mix just until moistened and spread in the loaf pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
- Cool 30 minutes before glazing.
- To prepare the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 t milk in a small bowl.
- Add additional milk in small amounts until the glaze is spreadable.
- Spread the glaze on the bread and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cool for 2 hours before slicing the bread.
- This may be stored at room temperature tightly wrapped for 4 days.
- This may be refrigerated for up to 10 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3019.7, Fat 108.3, SaturatedFat 64, Cholesterol 680.5, Sodium 2738.3, Carbohydrate 470.9, Fiber 7.8, Sugar 270.1, Protein 42.8
CHAI-SPICED STAR BREAD
My chai star bread is great for potlucks or parties because it's easy to share and looks beautiful. Prepare it ahead of time, refrigerate, then just pop it in the oven before serving. Try using this recipe with other fruits, too, like persimmons or apples. -Elizabeth Ding, El Cerrito, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine milk, sugar, yeast mixture and 1.5 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky)., Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour., Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 4 portions. Roll each into a 12-in. circle. Place 1 circle on a parchment-lined 14-in. pizza pan. For filling, combine butter, brown sugar, vanilla and spices. Spread circle with a third of the filling. Repeat twice, layering dough and filling; top with pears. Top with final portion of dough., Place a 2-1/2-in. round cutter on top of the dough in center of circle (do not press down). With a sharp knife, make 16 evenly spaced cuts from round cutter to edge of dough, forming a starburst. Remove cutter; grasp 2 strips and rotate twice outward. Pinch ends together. Repeat with remaining strips., Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°. Brush with beaten egg. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178 calories, Fat 4g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 37mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
Whip up a quick bread in minutes! This one boasts fabulous flavors of subtle tea and tempting spices.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottom only of 8x4- or 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat granulated sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. On low speed, beat in tea, 1/3 cup milk, 2 teaspoons vanilla and the eggs until ingredients are well combined (will appear curdled). Stir in remaining bread ingredients just until moistened. Spread in pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not underbake). Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and 3 teaspoons of the milk, adding more milk by teaspoonfuls, until spreadable. Spread glaze over bread. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Slice, Sodium 190 mg, Sugar 17 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "chai spiced bread pudding recipes"
MANGO BREAD PUDDING WITH CHAI SPICES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
4/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Quick & Easy Fruit Dessert RecipesCalories 171 per serving
- Position rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 350F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk milk, eggs, rum (if using), brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger, pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Pour over the bread and mangoes; allow the mixture to soak for about 5 minutes.
- Bake the pudding until it is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 1/4 hours. Serve warm for best flavor.
APPLE-CHAI SPICED BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
CHAI SPICED BREAD - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHAI SPICED CHIA SEED PUDDING RECIPE - RACHEL COOKS
CHAI-SPICED BREAD PUDDING | RECIPE | BREAD PUDDING, RECIPES, …
CHAI BREAD PUDDING
CHAI-SPICED BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE : SBS FOOD
CHAI-SPICED CHIA PUDDING - DETOXINISTA
14 FALL DESSERT RECIPES WITH CHAI | ALLRECIPES
CARDAMOM INFUSED CHAI SPICED BREAD PUDDING – CASTLE FOODS
6 EASY & HEALTHY CHIA PUDDING RECIPES – MY ROI LIST
VANILLA CHAI BREAD PUDDING | LACTANTIA
CHAI BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHAI COCONUT BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - COUNTRY GROCER
CHAI SPICE BREAD PUDDING WITH BERRIES AND HONEY - YOGI TIMES
CHAI SPICED BREAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
CHAI SPICE PUDDING CAKES | SIMPLE FALL DESSERT FROM SUCH THE …
CHAI-SPICED POUND CAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
BREAD PUDDING WITH CHAI CARAMEL SAUCE - HUNGRY HAPPENINGS
CHAI SPICED VEGAN BREAD PUDDING - PEACEFUL DUMPLING
CHAI BREAD PUDDING – THECHAIBOX
CHAI SPICED BREAD PUDDING - WCTV.TV
CHAI TEA BREAD PUDDING - MARTIN'S FAMOUS POTATO ROLLS AND BREAD
15 CHAI-SPICED RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
CHAI BREAD PUDDING WITH RAISINS - DAVID RIO
DELICIOUS CHAI SPICED BREAD - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
APPLE-CHAI SPICED BREAD PUDDING - BREAD PUDDING RECIPES
CHAI CHIA PUDDING — SAVORY SPICE
CHAI BREAD PUDDING - CHAI WALLAH
CHAI SPICED BANANA BREAD RECIPE - THENIBBLEBOX.COM
CHAI SPICED PUDDING - PREMEDITATED LEFTOVERS™
BREAD PUDDING WITH CHAI SPICED RUM SAUCE - RED STICK SPICE
SPICED BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CHAI-SPICED BREAD PUDDING | RECIPE | BREAD PUDDING, SPICE BREAD ...
MAPLE PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
APPLE-CHAI SPICED BREAD PUDDING | RECIPESTY
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
MASALA CHAI-SPICED BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - NOURISHBOOKS
CHAI CHIA PUDDING - CREATE MINDFULLY
CHAI SPICED BREAD - JENNIFER MEYERING
You'll also love