STRAWBERRY RHUBARB MUFFINS
What a wonderful way to start your morning! Add a cup of hot tea and a fruit cup and you're all set!
Provided by Michelle S.
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, milk, and oil in a small bowl; stir into flour mixture with a fork JUST until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb and sliced strawberries.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Press a strawberry half gently into top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle tops generously with sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20- 25 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
- Combine the rhubarb, strawberries and sugar in a heavy 2-quart saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes, until the rhubarb is soft.
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture into a blender with the kirsch; purée and set aside.
- Pour 4 tablespoons cold water into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Allow to soften for 10 minutes. Heat gently until the gelatin has completely dissolved. Stir into the rhubarb purée.
- Combine the purée with the remaining cooked rhubarb mixture.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff and fold into the rhubarb mixture. Chill for several hours.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 267, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 22 milligrams, Sugar 23 grams
- For the Basil Fluid Gel
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the basil and blanch for 30 seconds. Drain and refresh immediately under cold running water. Squeeze out all the water.
- Set up an ice bath in a large bowl.
- Put the basil in a blender with the simple syrup and the 1/3 cup water. Blend until bright green, smooth, and thin in consistency. Pour into a medium bowl, set it into the ice bath, and infuse for 20 minutes. Strain through a fine strainer, discarding the solids.
- Blend the sugar and agar together well, then pour the syrup into the blender. Turn the blender to low and sift the sugar and agar into the vortex. Blend for 1 minute.
- Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour into a baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- Put the gel back into the blender and blend until very smooth. Strain through a fine strainer. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- For the Mochi
- Dust twenty 2-inch demisphere molds with potato starch or line two empty egg cartons with plastic wrap and dust lightly with potato starch.
- Put the strawberries in a spice grinder and process to a fine powder.
- Whisk the strawberry powder with the sugar, mochiko flour, and a pinch of salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 3/4 cup cold water and mix into a smooth paste. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 90 seconds. Stir. If the dough is very tight, stir in a little more water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. The dough will darken and become opaque.
- Dust a work surface heavily with potato starch. Working quickly, roll the warm dough 1/16 inch thick. Cut 3 1/2-inch rounds of dough. Hold a round of dough in your palm and fill with 1 tablespoon strawberry-rhubarb compote. Pinch the dough closed, stretching it if necessary, and place, seam side down, in the mold. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.
- To Serve
- If desired, process a few strawberries in a spice grinder to a fine powder.
- Make a smear of the basil fluid gel on a dessert plate and set a mochi on top. Garnish, if you want, with a few pinches of the strawberry powder and some basil leaves. Repeat for each serving.
- make it simpler
- In place of the compote, doctor all-natural strawberry-rhubarb preserves with some grated lemon zest and diced fresh strawberries. Instead of making the basil fluid gel, you could just puree the basil with the simple syrup, strain it, and use the puree as a sauce.
- what's a fluid gel?
- Set with agar and then run through a blender, fluid gels land right in the middle between being a liquid and a solid. Because they can hold a shape, fluid gels take us beyond the pool of sauce on a plate and make all kinds of interesting presentations possible. And they pack super-intense flavors.
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SAUCE
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat combine sugar and water. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add rhubarb and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Add strawberries and lemon juice and simmer for 10 minutes more. Allow mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In batches, if necessary, puree mixture in blender. Add water if mixture appears too thick. Drizzle over yogurt or ice cream or serve with crumpets and sweetened whipped cream.
STRAWBERRY MATCHA MOCHI BUTTER CAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
This bright and fruity dessert is made with coconut milk, matcha powder, and sweet rice flour, which gives the cake its deliciously chewy texture! It's topped with a 3-ingredient strawberry glaze for a tart and glossy finish.
Provided by Tikeyah Whittle
Categories Bakery Goods
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish with butter.
- Make the mochi cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweet rice flour, sugar, matcha, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, evaporated milk, eggs, and vanilla. Pour in the melted butter and whisk until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until the batter is silky and smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the cake until the edges begin to pull from the sides of the pan, 50-60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Make the strawberry icing: Add the freeze-dried strawberries to a food processor and pulse into a fine powder.
- Transfer the strawberry powder to a medium bowl. Add the powdered sugar and milk and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and spread to cover evenly.
- Cut the cake into 8 pieces and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 746 calories, Carbohydrate 136 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 77 grams
While rhubarb works wonderfully in baked goods, baking strawberries into scones or muffins can be a little bit more of a challenge. Though delightfully sweet and fragrant when fresh, baked strawberries have a tendency to become watery and bland. This recipe solves that problem by macerating the diced rhubarb and strawberries with sugar before folding them into the muffin batter. Doing so not only draws out excess moisture from the strawberries, but also gets a head start on breaking down the fibrous rhubarb. This recipe calls for an ample amount of sugar, which balances the tartness of the rhubarb and helps create wonderfully browned and chewy muffin tops. Finally, the cornmeal in this recipe adds great texture and gives the muffins a rustic finish. Opt for medium-grind or stone-ground cornmeal, if you can find it, but fine cornmeal works well, too.
Provided by Lidey Heuck
Categories breakfast, snack, quick breads, dessert
Yield 12 muffins
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees and line a standard muffin tin with paper liners. (If not using a nonstick pan, spray the exposed metal with nonstick cooking spray.)
- Combine the strawberries and rhubarb in a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon sugar; toss and set aside. Place the rest of the sugar (1 cup plus 3 tablespoons), along with the melted butter and eggs, in a large bowl. Whisk vigorously for about 30 seconds, until the yolks are pale and the mixture is smooth and glossy. Add the sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest, and whisk just until smooth.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. (Be careful not to overmix.)
- Transfer the fruit mixture to a strainer set over a bowl or the sink. Toss with a spoon, allowing any excess liquid to drain. (The amount will vary depending on the ripeness of the berries.) Discard the liquid and add the fruit to the batter, folding it in until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups. (The cups will be very full and slightly heaping.) Sprinkle the tops with the Demerara sugar and bake for 18 to 23 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
- Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then carefully transfer them to a rack to cool completely. The muffin tops may spread into each other slightly as they bake; simply cut the tops apart with a paring knife when the muffins come out of the oven and immediately run the knife very gently under the edges of the muffin tops to release them from the pan, being careful not to separate them from the bottoms.
More about "strawberry rhubarb mochi recipes"
12 STRAWBERRY RHUBARB DESSERTS WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF
Author Vanessa GreavesEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
34 STRAWBERRY RHUBARB RECIPES THAT GO BEYOND PIE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SCONES - TASTES OF HOMEMADE
20+ HEALTHY STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB RECIPES | EATINGWELL
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
MOCHI-COVERED STRAWBERRIES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
THE ULTIMATE STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE | CANADIAN LIVING
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB MOONSHINE - WIDE OPEN EATS
STRAWBERRY MOCHI ICE CREAM - JILLIAN RAE COOKS
34 SWEET AND SAVORY STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB RECIPES
THE EASIEST AND SOFTEST STRAWBERRY RED BEAN MOCHI (ICHIGO DAIFUKU)
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB JAM - THE COUNTRY COOK
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB GALETTES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
RHUBARB STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUNCH - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
BEST STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY STRAWBERRY MOCHI AT HOME (MADE IN THE …
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BARS (WITH CRUMB TOPPING!) - COOKING CLASSY
STRAWBERRY MOCHI BY NM_MEIYEE | QUICK & EASY RECIPE | THE …
STRAWBERRY MOCHI - THE KOREAN VEGAN
EASY STRAWBERRY MOCHI (HOW TO MAKE ICHIGO DAIFUKU)
STRAWBERRY MOCHI CAKES - JUSTJENN RECIPES
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB MUFFINS RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
STRAWBERRY MOCHI (ICHIGO DAIFUKU) RECIPE | HONEST FOOD TALKS
STRAWBERRY MOCHI ICE CREAM - THE KOREAN VEGAN
STRAWBERRY MOCHI - JAJA BAKES - JAJABAKES.COM
RECIPES WITH RHUBARB AND STRAWBERRIES | TASTE OF HOME
STRAWBERRY RED BEAN MOCHI | SIFT & SIMMER
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB MOCHI, BASIL FLUID GEL RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CAKE - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
SPARKLING STRAWBERRY RHUBARB MOCKTAIL (OR COCKTAIL) - THE FIT COOKIE
STRAWBERRY MOCHI SIMS 4 FOOD CC - BRAZENLOTUS CC
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM MOCHI RECIPE - FLICK OF THE WHISK
30 STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB RECIPES TO MAKE WITH FRESH FRUIT
HOMEMADE JAPANESE STRAWBERRY MOCHI ICE CREAM RECIPE
STRAWBERRY MOCHI (VIDEO) いちご大福 - ICHIGO DAIFUKU - NO RECIPES
STRAWBERRY MOCHI RECIPE | COZYMEAL
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB STREUSEL MUFFINS - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEMON RHUBARB MOCHI CAKE — EAT CHO FOOD
RHUBARB STRAWBERRY MARGARITAS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
STRAWBERRY AN MOCHI RECIPE • COOKING HAWAIIAN STYLE
You'll also love