IOWA PORK STEAK
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brown steaks for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. While browning, season both sides with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Transfer steaks to a 9x13 inch casserole dish, and sprinkle with chopped onion and sliced mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine condensed mushroom soup, water, onion soup mix and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until smooth, and pour over steaks. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417 calories, Carbohydrate 21.9 g, Cholesterol 75.7 mg, Fat 24 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 28.9 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 1969.1 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
STUFFED IOWA CHOPS
Here's a hearty dish for big appetites. The corn and apples make a tasty stuffing for the chops. -Judith Smith, Des Moines, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chops on each side; cool slightly., In a bowl, mix onion, parsley, milk and seasonings. Add apple, corn and bread crumbs; toss to combine. Spoon into pork chops; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish., In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients; reserve half of the sauce for brushing. Pour remaining sauce over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in stuffing reads 165°, brushing occasionally with reserved sauce during the last 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 601 calories, Fat 24g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 112mg cholesterol, Sodium 875mg sodium, Carbohydrate 54g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 41g protein.
STUFFED PORK CHOPS
This is a fast and easy way to make a big splash at dinnertime! Add a rub of your choosing to the meat (or simple salt & pepper) for added flavor.
Provided by Jane Whittaker
Categories Steaks and Chops
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Make dressing to package directions using the butter, celery, onion and chicken broth, toss together.
- 2. Slit each chop on the rounded side, cut through almost to bone to make a nice deep pocket for the dressing.
- 3. Fill each chop with 1/4 of the dressing, secure with 2 or 3 toothpicks, you will take these out later.
- 4. Put oil in fry pan on med high and brown chops on both sides.
- 5. Place on a foil lined pan (no cleanup) and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or chops register 140 degrees in the center.
- 6. You could also put these in your slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours as well.
STUFFED IOWA CHOPS (OAMC)
Taken from the Taste of Home website, this has become a favorite even among those that previously claimed to dislike pork chops. Pretty enough to serve to company, this recipe can be made ahead of time and even frozen. I recommend freezing the sauce separately and adding to chops after they've been in the oven a bit. I also double the sauce and the stuffing mix. People LOVE this. I've frozen this several times with great success. I hope you love this as much as we do.
Provided by SugaJ
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cut a large pocket in the side of each chop.
- Brown chops in oil over medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the corn, apple, bread crumbs, parsley, onion, milk, salt, sage, and pepper.
- Stuff some of the mixture into the opening of each Pork Chop.
- Line the bottom of a greased 13 x 9" baking dish with the leftover stuffing, and lay the Chops on top.
- Combine the sauce ingredients; pour half over the chops and drizzle over the stuffing lining the pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for an hour or so until the thermometer reads 160 degrees. Continually baste with the remaining sauce. I do reserve some to drizzle over the chops as they are plated and served.
STUFFED IOWA STEAKS (PORK CHOPS)
My local butcher used to cut these nearly 2 inch thick gorgeous pork chops. We would slice open the chop to the bone and stuff with a sweet savory sausage stuffing, these thick pork chops are a summer time hit.
Provided by Chummers
Yield 8 chops, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Ask your butcher to cut up some inch and half nearly two inch thick bone in pork chops.
- Prepare rub and coat pork chops up to one day before grilling.
- Brown sausage, drain, set aside to cool. Cook down onions in hot oil until slightly brown and translucent. Not looking for the caramelized onions you might put on your burger here. Return sausage to pan, add remaining ingredients for stuffing, heat and then cool to touch.
- Cut center slit in pork chops to the bone, stuff with sausage, onion, fruit mixture. Over stuffing these monsters is okay. A saturated bamboo stick could help hold it together but not necessary.
- Warm marmalade over low heat until slightly liquid form.
- Heat grill to medium high, MOM on a three burner Weber (medium-off-medium) , or about a 7-8 count (hand over heat) for charcoal.
- Grill on indirect heat for 8-10 minutes on first side, flipping and grilling for a remaining 6-8 minutes. This can be one of those times that a fine set of grill marks will pay off big dividends on presentation, so if you're thinking grill marks I am sure you know what to do. When only a few minutes are left coat chop with glaze, being careful not to put on too soon and have sugars burn. Grilling pork can be a personal choice as to when they are done. Because of the moist stuffing, these do not tend to dry out. But with the glaze you can blacken them and give that bitter burnt taste to what was going to be your best meal of summer.
- Check temp of pork chop and remove from heat. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. I might use a tinfoil tent from time to time if I need to stretch out the time before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 625.2, Fat 25.6, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 150.1, Sodium 2274.8, Carbohydrate 50.5, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 39.8, Protein 50.4
More about "stuffed iowa steaks pork chops recipes"
SAUSAGE-AND-APPLE-STUFFED IOWA CHOPS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Total Time 1 hrCalories 569 per serving
- Trim fat from chops. Cut a pocket in each chop by cutting a slit the length of the fat side almost to the bone. Set chops aside.
- For stuffing, in a large skillet cook sausage and onion until sausage is brown and onion is tender; drain well. Stir in stuffing mix, shredded apple, thyme, and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the apple cider to moisten, tossing lightly.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the stuffing into each pork chop pocket. Secure pockets with wooden toothpicks. Stir remaining apple cider into remaining stuffing.
- Place stuffed pork chops on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Place remaining stuffing in a greased 1-quart casserole. Cover casserole and refrigerate until ready to bake.
STUFFED PORK CHOPS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (28)Total Time 30 minsCategory MainCalories 318 per serving
- Divide the sun dried tomatoes evenly between the pockets in the pork chops, then layer in a handful of spinach leaves and 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Use toothpicks to seal each pork chop shut so that the filling will not spill out during the cooking process.
I'M SO STUFFED PORK CHOPS! - GREAT EIGHT FRIENDS
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit horizontally in each pork chop to form a pocket for the stuffing. Cut almost to the bone.
SEASON'S BEST STUFFED PORK CHOPS | MIDWEST LIVING
5/5 (1)Calories 458 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- For the stuffing, in a large skillet, cook celery and onion in the 1/4 cup butter for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, apple, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pepper, and cooked vegetables. Toss to mix. Add the apple juice and enough broth to moisten; toss gently until combined.
- Cut a pocket in each chop from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon stuffing mixture into each pocket. If necessary, secure the pockets with wooden toothpicks. (Place any remaining stuffing in a small casserole and place in oven during the last 20 minutes of baking or until heated through.)
- In the same large skillet, brown stuffed chops on both sides in the 2 tablespoons butter. Transfer the chops to a large baking pan or dish. Bake, uncovered, in 375 degree F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear. Makes 4 servings.
STUFFED CHOPS - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
4.2/5 (5)Category PorkCuisine French CuisineTotal Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- Chop the onion into thin crescents and put it to fry on a low stove for 10 minutes; the goal is to caramelize them. This is done by adding some sugar and a bit of water several times to fully evaporate each time.
- Caramelizing the onions takes 20-30 minutes. To the caramelized onions, add the cleaned and sliced mushrooms , grated carrots, walnuts , salt, a little savory and black pepper. Remove them from the heat and mix with the sliced processed cheese.
- Fill the chop with this stuffing and sew it closed. Move it into a greased tray. Pour the brandy over it, smear the meat with butter and put it to bake for 20-25 minutes at 356°F (180 °C).
STUFFED PORK CHOPS - FOOD WISHES - YOUTUBE
13 BEST IOWA CHOPS IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, PORK RECIPES ...
RECIPE: MACHINE SHED STUFFED GLAZED CHOPS (WITH APPLE ...
Board Copycat Recipe Requests at Recipelink.comFrom Machine ShedCategory Main Dishes-Pork, Ham
STUFFED IOWA CHOPS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
Cuisine Europe, GermanCategory DinnerServings 4Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
23 STUFFED PORK CHOPS IDEAS IN 2021 | PORK CHOPS, PORK ...
STUFFED IOWA STEAKS (PORK CHOPS) - PLAIN.RECIPES
ITALIAN MARINATED PORK LOIN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
STUFFED IOWA CHOPS RECIPES
STUFFED PORK CHOP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CLASSIC AMISH STUFFED PORK CHOPS - DELICIOUS - AMISH365.COM
STUFFED+IOWA+CHOPS | RECIPES, IOWA RECIPES, IOWA CHOPS RECIPE
STUFFED IOWA CHOPS | COOKING PROFESSIONALLY
STUFFED IOWA CHOPS RECIPE
STUFFED IOWA STEAKS PORK CHOPS RECIPES
STUFFED IOWA STEAKS (PORK CHOPS) RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pork chops in the oven with stuffing?Fill each chop with 1/2 cup stuffing; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork chops and set aside.
How to cook pork chops in a pan?Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone. Fill each chop with 1/2 cup stuffing; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork chops and set aside. Keep warm.
What are stuffed pork chops made of?These stuffed pork chops are boneless chops filled with spinach, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, then seared to golden brown perfection. An easy dinner option that’s quick enough for a weeknight, yet elegant enough for entertaining!
How to cook beef chuck chops in the oven?Directions Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone. Fill each chop with 1/2 cup stuffing; secure with toothpicks if necessary. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.