BAKED STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH BOATS
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut yellow squash in half lengthwise.
- With a spoon, scrape flesh and seeds of squash into a large bowl, making boats.
- In a pan sauté onion and garlic over medium heat with a dash of olive oil.
- Add the squash that was removed from the boats and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook until almost soft (around 7 minutes).
- When squash is almost soft, remove from heat and mix in bowl with 1 egg, breadcrumbs, herbs and parmesan cheese.
- Scoop stuffing mixture into boats and fill evenly.
- Sprinkle the top of the stuffed boats with extra parmesan cheese.
- Cook in pre-heated oven (400 degrees) until boats are crisp tender and golden brown on top (around 10 minutes).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166.4, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 28.8, Sodium 310.7, Carbohydrate 24.4, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 4.8, Protein 8.2
SAUTEED YELLOW SQUASH AND TOMATOES
- Without peeling, slice squash in 1/2" diagonal slices.
- In medium sized skillet, melt butter or margarine and saute onions until golden.
- Add squash and remaining ingredients, toss to combine.
- cover and cook 10 - 15 minutes over medium heat until tender.
GRANDMA'S STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH
"My grandma, who raised me, was an awesome cook. This is a recipe she fixed every summer when our garden overflowed with yellow squash. My family still enjoys it," writes Janie McGraw of Sallisaw, Oklahoma.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place squash in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. , When cool enough to handle, cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out and reserve pulp, leaving a 3/8-in. shell. Invert shells on paper towel., In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, onion, salt and pepper. Stir in toasted bread cubes and squash pulp. Spoon into squash shells. , Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 490mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
STEWED YELLOW SUMMER SQUASH
- Cut bacon into 1/4-inch thick strips (lardons). Slice squash and set aside.
- Cook bacon lardons in a saucepan over medium heat until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add squash, onion, sugar, salt, and pepper to the bacon and bacon grease. Add enough water to cover and cook over medium-low heat for 45 minutes. Much of the water will evaporate; add more if needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147.7 calories, Carbohydrate 23.6 g, Cholesterol 9.9 mg, Fat 4.3 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 3706.1 mg, Sugar 18.5 g
STUFFED TEX-MEX YELLOW SQUASH
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, with rack set in the top third. Halve each squash lengthwise; slice a sliver from the rounded part of each half so it sits flat. Leaving a 1/4-inch border, scoop out halves with a small spoon; roughly chop flesh, and reserve. Place squash halves, skin side down, in a shallow baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add reserved chopped squash, bell pepper, scallion whites, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper begins to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomato paste and chili powder; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add beef; cook until no longer pink, breaking up meat with a spoon, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in corn and 1/4 cup Parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
- Dividing evenly, spoon mixture into squash halves. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake until squash is tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Uncover, and bake until top is browned, 7 to 10 minutes more. Garnish with scallion greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 g, Fat 21 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 17 g
YELLOW SQUASH AND TOMATOES
Kathy Smith of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania writes of her Yellow Squash and Tomatoes, "Don't be fooled by the simplicity; this is so good. I made it at least once a week last summer when the garden was producing squash, tomatoes and basil."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, saute squash in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, basil, pepper and salt. Reduce heat to medium; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 82mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
STUFFED YELLOW SUMMER SQUASH
I grew everything here in my garden; it was from the first harvest, so it was a lot cheaper on the budget, because we all know fresh fruit and veggies can get expensive. All in all, we had a great time cooking our 'own' food. Even my 4-year-old had fun helping. You can add sausage to the rice just to give a little extra kick.
Provided by crys
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring water and wild rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain excess liquid, fluff rice with a fork, and cook uncovered for 5 minutes more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange yellow squash halves onto a baking sheet.
- Bake yellow squash in preheated oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute summer squash, bell peppers, cucumbers, onion, and tomatoes in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mound rice atop each of the squash halves. Top rice with a portion of the sauteed vegetable mixture.
- Return squash to preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle Gouda cheese over the stuffed squash halves and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Carbohydrate 39.8 g, Cholesterol 22.8 mg, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 12.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 179.4 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
More about "stuffed yellow squash with stewed tomatoes recipes"
STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
SPICED YELLOW SQUASH AND TOMATO STEW | TASTY KITCHEN: …
STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH WITH BACON - READY SET EAT
10 BEST STUFFED SQUASH WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPES
STEWED SQUASH AND TOMATOES - SAVEUR
STEWED SUMMER SQUASH AND TOMATOES RECIPE - THESE …
Servings 8Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 70 per serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and pepper, and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 minutes.
- Pour in thyme, wine (or both), salt and pepper, and cook until the squash is tender but not completely mushy, approximately an additional 5 to 6 minutes.
TUNA STUFFED YELLOW SUMMER SQUASH - DELIGHTFUL MOM FOOD
STUFFED YELLOW SUMMER SQUASH - MY GOOD WITCH
STUFFED TOMATOES AND SUMMER SQUASH - SAVEUR
MEDITERRANEAN BEEF STUFFED SQUASH | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
STEWED SUMMER SQUASH RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
YELLOW SQUASH AND TOMATOES - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
TOUCH OF SUMMER ZUCCHINI AND YELLOW SQUASH STUFFED TOMATOES
BAKED STUFFED SQUASH WITH BEEF AND TOMATOES RECIPE
GROUND BEEF STUFFED SQUASH RECIPE- THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH - FEAST AND FARM
RECIPE: STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH WITH CHEESE SAUCE (MCCALL'S …
TOMATO STUFFED SQUASH | PURE FLAVOR®
STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH RECIPE - SNACK GIRL
YELLOW SQUASH BOATS STUFFED WITH TOMATO BRUSCHETTA (VEGAN, GF/DF)
STEWED YELLOW SQUASH RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
GARDEN-STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH - FARM FLAVOR RECIPE
STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH - RICHLY ROOTED
RECIPE: GARDEN STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH (USING TOMATO, PEPPERS, …
TEX-MEX STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH WITH GROUND BEEF - AMEE'S SAVORY …
8 EASY STUFFED SQUASH RECIPES - FRESH EXCHANGE
TOMATOES YELLOW SQUASH - RECIPES - PAGE 5 | COOKS.COM
STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH WITH CHEESE SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
STUFFED SUMMER SQUASH RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
ZUCCHINI, YELLOW SQUASH AND TOMATO SAUTé - NOW COOK THIS!
MOROCCAN SPICED BAKED STUFFED SQUASH, ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE, …
STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH | CELEBRATEYOURPLATE
SAUTéED YELLOW SQUASH RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH - PLAIN.RECIPES
STEWED SUMMER SQUASH : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH WITH STEWED TOMATOES – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook stuffed squash?Scoop the ground beef and tomato mixture into the squash shells. Arrange the stuffed squash in the baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until hot. Add a topping of shredded mild cheddar or cheddar jack cheese to the stuffed squash about 5 minutes before it's done.
What is the best way to cook yellow squash?Summer yellow squash, Southern-style. Cut bacon into 1/4-inch thick strips (lardons). Slice squash and set aside. Cook bacon lardons in a saucepan over medium heat until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Add squash, onion, sugar, salt, and pepper to the bacon and bacon grease. Add enough water to cover and cook over medium-low heat for 45 minutes.
How long to cook squash and tomatoes?Cook 5 minutes or until onion and squash are lightly browned and softened, breaking up large pieces of squash. Stir in bacon, drained tomatoes and garlic powder; cook 2 minutes more. Spoon mixture into squash shells.
How to cook squash and zucchini for Soup?Heat olive oil in a large skillet; saute onions and peppers until translucent. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 3 minutes; stir in yellow squash and zucchini, cooking for 2 minutes. Stir in thyme, broth, salt and pepper, and cook until squash is fork tender but not mushy. Turn off heat, and add butter, stirring until it melts into sauce.