SUMMER ASPARAGUS, CORN AND TOMATO SALAD
So refreshing, so many textures. I got this from HEB Showtime Magazine. I just loved it. Delicious and Healthy.
Provided by scwheeler24
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Break or cut tough ends from asparagus and discard. Cook asparagus in boiling water 2 minutes and drain well and place in ice water to stop cooking. Cut diagonally into 1 1/2 in pieces. Cut avocado in cubes or slice.
- Cut corn kernels from cobs with a sharp knife into a large deep bowl; cut close enough to release milky white substance with kernels.
- Halve tomatoes; toss gently with corn, asparagus and basil. Add dressing mixture and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand a few minutes if time allows.
- Top with avocado and crumbled cheese right before serving.
- These ingredients need not be exact. Add or subract to your liking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238.9, Fat 17.5, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 4.2, Sodium 122.8, Carbohydrate 19.3, Fiber 6.7, Sugar 5.4, Protein 6.3
CORN AND ASPARAGUS SALAD
"A light and refreshing balanced salad with sweet corn and a tangy dressing." Yummy spring/summer treat! Great with grilled chicken.
Provided by Backwoods Foodie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix together corn, asparagus, onion and basil.
- Whisk together sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over vegetable mixture and toss together.
- **If fresh basil is unavailable, substitute one tablespoon dried basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109.9, Fat 1.1, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 311, Carbohydrate 24.8, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 10.1, Protein 4.1
SUMMER CORN SALAD
- Remove kernels with paring knife and place in large bowl. Add tomato, onion, and green pepper. Toss to combine. Add lime juice and olive oil. Snip in cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve.
SUMMER CORN SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-low heat and lightly oil grate.
- Place the ears of corn on the grill and cook until the kernels are tender, about ten minutes turning frequently. Remove the ears from the grill and cool. Cut the kernels off of the cob.
- Fill a large saucepan with lightly salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus and cook until just tender, about 1 minute. Drain in a colander and rinse immediately under cold, running water until well chilled. Set aside.
- Combine the corn, asparagus, roasted peppers, garlic, basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.5 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 154.8 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
PASTA SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS, BABY CORN, AND FRESH HERBS
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add asparagus, corn, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley and toss to combine. Add dressing and toss to coat.
GRILLED CORN, ASPARAGUS AND SPRING ONION SALAD
In this cookout perfect salad, corn, asparagus and spring onions benefit from the deep flavors of the grill. Their outer layers get a rustic char, their full sweetness is released, and they go from raw to cooked while maintaining a crunchy bite. Still warm, they're doused in one of Mexico's most fun ways to dress grilled vegetables or potato chips, an easy-to-eat sauce where umami, citrus and heat converge. The mixture is typically referred to as salsa preparada, meaning you simply mix these sauces together to "prepare" your food. You may wonder if the soy, Worcestershire and Maggi sauces compete, but each has a different character of sazón, which is whisked with plenty of fresh squeezed lime juice and a punch of chile oil. If more heat is desired, you can add a splash of your favorite hot sauce. This salad is great solo as an appetizer, but it is even better served right next to grilled meats.
Provided by Pati Jinich
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat grill to high. Lightly brush corn, asparagus and spring onions with vegetable oil. Place them on the grill and spread them out in one layer so they can cook evenly. Flip the vegetables a couple of times until they are charred on all sides but retain a firm bite; asparagus and spring onions should cook for about 6 to 8 minutes, depending on thickness, and corn about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove them from the grill as they are ready, then set aside.
- While the vegetables grill, combine lime juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire, Maggi, chile oil and salt in a large bowl. Whisk until fully combined. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- Once vegetables have cooled enough to handle, cut asparagus and spring onions into thirds and add them to the bowl. Shave the kernels from the corn, discarding the cobs, and add kernels to the bowl. Toss to combine with the sauce. Add the halved tomatoes and combine well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SUMMER CORN SALAD
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook corn in boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Drain, cool, and cut kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, toss together the corn, tomatoes, onion, basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305.5 calories, Carbohydrate 42.8 g, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 8.7 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
SUMMER CORN SALAD
This beautiful salad truly captures the summer season. It's chock full of fresh veggies and basil, and feta cheese gives it a rich, tangy flavor the whole family will love. -Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, whisk 4 teaspoons oil, lime juice, salt and pepper sauce; set aside., In a large skillet, cook and stir corn in remaining oil over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a salad bowl; cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat., Let stand for 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 4mg cholesterol, Sodium 231mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SUMMER SALAD WITH LEMON DIJON DRESSING
In summer, raw corn kernels add crunch and sweetness to any salad and can be enjoyed freshly sliced, right off the cob.
Provided by Katrina Scott
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a bowl, toss together all the ingredients until everything is well coated with the dressing, then serve.
ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law while visiting her in Texas. I usually prepare this salad in the summer as a light evening meal for my family or as an extra-special lunch for friends.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine asparagus with the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307 calories, Fat 14g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 720mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
CARAMELIZED CORN AND ASPARAGUS PASTA WITH RICOTTA
This summery pasta features caramelized corn, crisp-tender asparagus and earthy turmeric, which provides the dish's sunny hue. It's not easy to cook corn to the point of browning without losing all its moisture, but a pinch of sugar helps speed up the caramelization process. Vermouth lends acidity to the light, glossy garlicky sauce, but you could use wine, or even a tablespoon of lemon juice or champagne vinegar for lift. Fresh ricotta provides richness.
Provided by Alexa Weibel
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high. Meanwhile, prepare the corn: Slice the corn kernels off the cobs, and add the cobs to the pot of water. (This lends a hint of sweetness.)
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook over medium-high, according to package instructions, until tender but toothsome, just shy of al dente.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the corn kernels and sugar, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to caramelize, about 6 minutes. Stir in the asparagus, scallions and 1 teaspoon turmeric, and cook, stirring frequently, until just softened and corn is caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Once the pasta is just short of al dente, reserve 1 1/2 cups pasta water, then drain the pasta, and discard the corn cobs.
- Add the butter, garlic and remaining turmeric to the large skillet and cook over medium until butter melts and starts to foam, about 3 minutes. Whisk in vermouth to deglaze, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, then whisk in 1 cup pasta water.
- Add the pasta, and toss with tongs over medium heat until thoroughly coated and al dente, 1 to 2 minutes, adding pasta water as needed. Remove from heat, stir in half the corn mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta among plates. Dollop with ricotta and top with remaining corn mixture. Drizzle with olive oil. If using lemon, shower the pasta with lemon zest, then cut the lemon into quarters, for squeezing on top, and serve immediately.
More about "summer corn salad with asparagus recipes"
SUMMER ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH CORN RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory SaladTotal Time 15 mins
10 FANTASTIC ASPARAGUS RECIPES | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
43 ASPARAGUS RECIPES FOR SALAD, PASTA, GRILLING, AND MORE
10 BEST COLD CORN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
GARDEN-FRESH CORN SALAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
CORN SALAD RECIPE: SUMMER CORN SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS BY JOCELYN …
BLT CORN SALAD - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
ROASTED CORN, ASPARAGUS AND SPRING ONION SALAD - WILLIAMS SONOMA
SUMMER ASPARAGUS CORN & TOMATO SALAD RECIPE FROM H-E-B
GRILLED ASPARAGUS AND CORN SALAD - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
CORN SALAD RECIPE - PERFECT FOR SUMMER! (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
QUICK & DELICIOUS SUMMER SALAD RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
FRESH CORN SALAD - BEST EASY RECIPE! - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
ASPARAGUS, CORN AND FETA SALAD RECIPE
EASY VEGETARIAN CORN SUMMER ASPARAGUS RECIPES - LOVE AND …
ASPARAGUS SUMMER SALAD RECIPE - ALDI
10+ BEST ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE ASPARAGUS …
ASPARAGUS, TOMATO AND GRILLED CORN ORZO PASTA SALAD - SIMPLY …
GRILLED CORN SALAD WITH ORZO PASTA AND ASPARAGUS - SAFFRON TRAIL
SWEET SUMMER CORN AND CUCUMBER SALAD - SAVORING ITALY
ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
ASPARAGUS SALAD - 40 APRONS
AVOCADO CORN SALAD (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
ASPARAGUS, TOMATO AND FETA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH CORN, TOMATO AND ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPE
36 EASY SUMMER SALADS - BEST RECIPES FOR SUMMER SALAD
ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD WITH ITALIAN DRESSING - JUST A TASTE
CRUNCHY SUMMER SALAD WITH CREAMY AVOCADO DRESSING RECIPE
ASPARAGUS, BASIL AND CORN SALAD - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
GRILLED SUMMER VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD • SALT & LAVENDER
SUMMER NIçOISE SALAD. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
THE ULTIMATE SUMMER SALAD | KITCHN
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH CORN AND ASPARAGUS - CUPCAKES & KALE …
RECIPES/SUMMER-CORN-SALAD-WITH-ASPARAGUS.JSON AT MASTER ...
ROASTED ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
40+ SUMMER SALAD RECIPES FOR DINNER | EATINGWELL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook corn on the cob with asparagus?Directions. Combine the corn, asparagus, roasted peppers, garlic, basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Summer vegetables, pancetta, and hot pasta are tossed with a fresh corn "cream". Delicious summer salad with corn and vegetables.
How to cook corn on the cob for salad?Directions. In a large skillet, cook and stir corn in remaining oil over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a salad bowl; cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
How can I make a spicy summer salad at home?In a large bowl, toss together the corn, tomatoes, onion, basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Chill until serving. Corn, sweet onions, and jalapenos combine into a spicy summer salad. Get a full year for $5! Cook 5-star weekday dinners every time.
How do you cook corn on the cob with tomatoes?In a large skillet, cook and stir corn in remaining oil over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a salad bowl; cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil.