OVEN-BAKED ONION RINGS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Separate onion slices into individual rings.
- Whisk egg whites with milk in a bowl until thoroughly combined; season egg mixture with a pinch of cayenne pepper. Place panko crumbs into a separate bowl.
- Place onion rings into a large resealable plastic bag. Add flour, salt, and black pepper; seal bag and shake until rings are well coated with flour.
- Drop flour-coated onion rings into egg white-milk mixture, a few at a time, and toss lightly with tongs until coated. Place rings into panko crumbs and gently shake the bowl to toss the crumbs with the onion rings until rings are coated with crumbs.
- Transfer coated onion rings to a large baking sheet; spray rings lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until onion rings are tender and crumbs are lightly golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.7 calories, Carbohydrate 74 g, Cholesterol 0.6 mg, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 12.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 429.4 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
BAKED ONION RINGS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly spray the parchment paper with olive oil cooking spray.
- Stir together the buttermilk and cornstarch in a shallow bowl.
- Stir together the flour, cornmeal, Parmesan cheese and House seasoning in a baking dish.
- Coat the onion slices by placing each slice into the buttermilk mixture allow excess to drip before coating in the seasoned cornmeal. Then place the coated rings in a single layer on the baking sheets. Repeat until all onion rings are coated. Give the onion rings a light spray with non-stick baking spray. Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes flipping once halfway through and serve hot.
- Stir together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
SIMPLY THE BEST BAKED ONION RINGS!
These baked onion rings are incredible! There is no way that you feel like you are eating healthy and low fat when you eat these. This is a slight adaptation of a Yahoo Health recipe. I dip mine in ketchup but my husband is a purist who prefers his plain. And while the prep time can be a little long, make it a social time. I talk to everyone in the house while I make these, and then sit back and enjoy how great they smell as they cook!
Provided by ladypit
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Slice the onions width wise and then break them apart into rings.
- Put the flour in 1 bowl, the egg whites into a second, and into the third put the bread crumbs and all the spices (all the rest of the ingredients).
- Dip each onion ring into the flour, then the egg whites, and then the bread crumbs.
- Place them on the baking sheet and then repeat with the next ring.
- Bake them all for about 20 minutes or until crispy.
SOUTHERN-FRIED SWEET ONION RINGS
Thin enough to flash-fry but thick enough to let the sweet onion flavor shine through, these onion rings work well as a side dish but also are great as a stand-alone snack. Less is more when dipping the rings in the buttermilk mixture and then the flour mixture. Be delicate in the coating process, and make sure to let as much liquid and then as much flour fall off as possible. Less breading means less grease absorption and a crisper finished product. The flour should be as fine as possible, so reserve half of the flour mixture. When the first batch starts to get wet and gummy, replace it with the remaining half. The oil temperature matters, too. Heat the oil to at least 360 degrees, and fry the rings in batches. They cook so quickly it is easy to get through the frying in 10 minutes. Keep them warm in a 200 degree oven until all the frying is done.
Provided by Kim Severson
Categories quick, appetizer, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot. It should be at least 3 inches deep, but more is better.
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, cornstarch and cayenne. In a second bowl, beat egg and buttermilk. Separate onion slices into rings.
- Working in batches, lightly toss the rings in the flour mixture, then dip into the buttermilk mixture. Allow most of the liquid to drip off, then toss again in the flour mixture. Shake off as much flour as possible and place the rings into the hot oil.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, moving the rings around a bit in the oil to keep them separated.
- Put the onion rings on a plate or bowl lined with paper towel and salt. Repeat until the onions are done.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1025, UnsaturatedFat 52 grams, Carbohydrate 113 grams, Fat 58 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 14 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 962 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SWEET BAKED ONION RINGS
I stumbled upon the idea for this tasty and slightly lighter onion ring recipe while reading reviews on an onion ring recipe. These are much less greasy and messy, with all the crunch and flavor.
Provided by Audreylovesbaking
Categories Onion Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Separate the onion slices into rings, and set aside. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Place the onion rings into the flour mixture, and thoroughly coat the rings; remove and set aside. Whisk the egg and milk into the remaining flour mixture until smooth; dip the floured onion rings into the batter, and lay the rings on wire racks to drip, so that excess batter will drip off the rings. Place aluminum foil or baking pans under racks for easier clean-up.
- Stir the panko bread crumbs and Italian seasoning together in a shallow bowl. Gently lay the battered onion rings into the panko crumbs, and press to coat the rings with crumbs on all sides. Lay the coated onion rings on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle additional olive oil on rings, or spray the coated rings lightly using an oil mister.
- Bake the onion rings in the preheated oven until the coating is brown and crunchy and the onion is tender, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380.7 calories, Carbohydrate 79.8 g, Cholesterol 51.4 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 14.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 1015.9 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
CRISPY BAKED ONION RINGS
These crispy, lightly browned rings from Della Stamp of Long Beach, California are a healthy alternative to the deep-fried version. Thyme and paprika enhance the flavor of the tender onions.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut onions into 1/2-in. slices; separate into rings and place in a bowl. Cover with ice water; soak for 30 minutes. Drain., In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, thyme, salt, paprika and pepper. Divide the crumb mixture among three large resealable plastic bags. Dip a third of the onions in the egg whites; add a few rings at a time to crumb mixture and shake to coat. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray., Repeat with remaining onions and crumb mixture. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 865mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
BEER BATTER SWEET ONION RINGS
- In med-sized pot, heat oil 350°F.
- Slice onions in to 1/4 slices and seperate.
- In med-bowl, mix beer, flour, paprika and salt into a batter.
- Dip onion rings into batter until well coated, then fry in small batches for approximately 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn once during frying.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve immediately.
- I love mine dipped in ketchup, and washed down with a beer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1122.1, Fat 108.6, SaturatedFat 18.4, Sodium 1168, Carbohydrate 32.5, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 2.6, Protein 4.3
More about "sweet baked onion rings recipes"
CRISPY BAKED ONION RINGS - JUST A TASTE
4.8/5 (59)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, Side DishCalories 185 per serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a second medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites and the mayonnaise. Add the breadcrumbs to a third medium bowl.
- Remove each onion ring from the water, shaking off any excess and then placing it immediately into the flour, tossing until it’s thoroughly coated, then dip the onion ring into the egg white mixture until it’s thoroughly coated and then into the breadcrumbs, pressing them firmly onto all sides of the onion ring. Place the onion ring on the prepared baking sheet and repeat the coating process with the remaining onion rings.
CRISPY BAKED ONION RINGS - ONE SWEET APPETITE
Reviews 3Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
ONION RING RECIPE | RECIPES, ONION RINGS, SWEET ONION
BAKED ONION - THECOOKFUL
SWEET BAKED ONION RINGS | RECIPE | ONION RINGS, BAKED ONION …
CRISPY BAKED ONION RINGS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BAKED ONION RINGS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BAKED ONION RINGS | EXTENSION | WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY
HOMEMADE BAKED ONION RINGS - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
BAKED SWEET ONION RINGS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BAKED SWEET ONION RINGS RECIPE
BAKED SWEET ONION RINGS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED ONION RINGS - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
SWEET BAKED ONION RINGS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SWEET BAKED ONION RINGS ALLRECIPES.COM RECIPE
BACON-WRAPPED ONION RINGS - FLAVORFUL HOME
CRISPY BAKED ONION RINGS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
OVEN BAKED ONION RINGS - THE PRODUCE MOMS
BAKED SWEET ONION RINGS | REALSWEET ONIONS
BAKED SWEET ONION RINGS - BIGOVEN.COM
EVERYTHING PRETZEL BAKED ONION RINGS - OH SWEET BASIL
SWEET BAKED ONION RINGS - ONION - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
SWEET ONION RING RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SWEET BAKED ONION RINGS | RECIPE | BAKED ONION RINGS, ONION RINGS ...
BAKED VIDALIA ONION RINGS | REALSWEET ONIONS
SWEET BAKED ONION RINGS | RECIPE | BAKED ONION RINGS, ONION RINGS ...
BAKED ONION RINGS - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
BAKED SWEET ONION RINGS RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
BAKED ONION RINGS RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
EASY SWEET ONION RINGS RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CRISPY BAKED COCONUT ONION RINGS WITH SWEET CHILI SAUCE
VEGAN BAKED ONION RINGS RECIPE - COOK EAT LIVE LOVE
HOMEMADE OVEN BAKED ONION RINGS - LIFE CURRENTS
BAKED ONION RINGS | RECIPES WIKI - FANDOM
BAKED ONION RINGS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HEALTHY CRUNCHY ONION RINGS AND GRILLED FLANK STEAK RECIPE
CRISPY ONION RINGS (BAKED OR FRIED!) | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN BURGERS - HALF BAKED HARVEST
OMG OVEN-BAKED VEGAN ONION RINGS RECIPE - GO DAIRY FREE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook onion rings in the oven?Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Separate onion slices into individual rings. Whisk egg whites with milk in a bowl until thoroughly combined; season egg mixture with a pinch of cayenne pepper. Place onion rings into a large resealable plastic bag.
How do you make onion rings with panko?Separate onion slices into individual rings. Whisk egg whites with milk in a bowl until thoroughly combined; season egg mixture with a pinch of cayenne pepper. Place panko crumbs into a separate bowl. Place onion rings into a large resealable plastic bag. Add flour, salt, and black pepper; seal bag and shake until rings are well coated with flour.
How do you get flour to stick to onion rings?Updated: To get your flour to stick, put your onions rings in a bowl of cold water before coating. Work with one or two at a time, shaking off excess water then toss into your bag of flour mix. ... For a baked version of onion rings these were very good.
How long do you cook onion rings in an air fryer?Place the onion rings in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer and bake at 390 degrees for 10 to 11 minutes, using a pair of tongs to flip them half way between cooking. Repeat to cook as many as you plan to serve.