Found this recipe on the internet. It's a nice twist on the traditional English scone (see recipe #133633).
Provided by Kellogs
Yield 18 scones, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add grated cheese and dried oregano and mix.
- Cut in the margarine or butter till mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and mix to make a smooth dough. (add more milk if necessary to ensure mix is not too dry) Knead very lightly for ten seconds on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll or pat to about 3/4" thick (2 cm) and cut into individual scones.
- Top each scone with a little additional cheese and bake for approximately 12 minutes. Brush the tops with melted butter after removing from the oven.
SWEET CHEESE SCONES
A light cheese scone with a hint of sweetness. The sweet cheese combination may sound strange, but it is actually quite delightful. (I haven't tried these with the baking powder yet so that may need adjusting).
Provided by Black.Metal.Cookies
Yield 6 scones, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix flour, baking powder, cheese, and sugar. Cut in margarine.
- Add milk, stirring until mixture forms into a ball-shaped doughy consistency.
- Pat mixture into a 1/2" sheet and cut into 6 equal pieces.
- Bake at 425 for ~11 minutes.
CHEDDAR & SWEETCORN SCONES
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Hold a corn cob at a right angle to the chopping board, then run a sharp knife down the length of the cob, as close to the core as you can get, slicing away the rows of corn. Boil the kernels for 4 mins or until just tender, then drain well.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mix the flour, baking powder, mustard, cayenne, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp thyme leaves in a large bowl, then rub in the butter until the mix looks like fine crumbs. Tip in most of the cheese and all of the corn. Mix the milk with the lemon juice, then stir into the bowl to make a slightly sticky dough. Don't over-work the dough.
- Tip the dough onto the floured work surface, knead 2-3 times to smooth a little, then divide into 10 balls. Shape each roughly with your hands and put onto a floured baking sheet. Brush each with a little milk, then scatter with a little cheese, cayenne and a few thyme leaves. Bake for 10-12 mins or until the scones are risen, golden and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on a rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 32 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
CLASSIC CHEESE SCONES
Indulge in some cheese scones for afternoon tea or as part of a picnic. They're also great served alongside soups and you can freeze them for later use
Provided by sarahheron
Categories Afternoon tea, Side dish, Snack, Supper
Yield Makes 5-6
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 with a large baking tray inside. Sift the flour, salt, cayenne pepper and baking powder into a bowl, then sift again to make sure the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the butter to the bowl and combine with your fingertips to make breadcrumbs. Sprinkle 100g of the cheese into the breadcrumb mixture and rub together until evenly distributed. Try not to mix too much as the heat from your hands may start to melt the butter.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in enough milk to give a fairly soft but firm dough. Do not pour in all the milk at once as you may not need it all to get the right consistency.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough to approximately 2cm thick. Cut out the scones with a medium (about 8cm) cutter, then put on a sheet of baking parchment, glaze with a little milk and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Slide onto the hot oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 30 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Fold in Cheddar cheese.
- Whisk sour cream, oil, milk, and eggs together in a small bowl. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface 10 to 12 times. Pat out to a thickness of 3/4 inch. Cut into 3-inch squares or cut circles with a 3-inch cutter. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383.2 calories, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 59.6 mg, Fat 20.9 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 10.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 826.1 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
More about "sweet cheese scones recipes"
BEST CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEESE …
5/5 (7)Total Time 45 mins
- Using your fingers, rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining.
CHEESE SCONES - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING SAVOURY
4.6/5 (80)Total Time 25 minsCategory Little Cakes & BakesCalories 468 per serving
- Place the flour, baking powder, mustard powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the diced butter and rub the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles breadcrumbs.
THE ULTIMATE CHEESE SCONES - WHAT SARAH BAKES
MASTER SCONES RECIPE (ANY FLAVOR!) - SALLY'S BAKING …
HONEY CHEDDAR SCONES WITH BLACK PEPPER - HOW SWEET …
SWEET SCONE RECIPES ARCHIVES - THE SCONE BLOG
10 BEST SWEET MILK SCONES RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CREAM CHEESE SCONES RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAUL HOLLYWOOD'S BEST FLUFFY SCONE RECIPE - SOMETHING …
5 SAVORY CHEESE SCONE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
VERY CHEESY CHEESE SCONES | RECIPES | MOORLANDS EATER
THE ULTIMATE CHEESE SCONES RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
EASY SCONES RECIPE [LIGHT & FLUFFY] - A FOOD LOVER'S …
EASY HAM AND CHEESE SCONES RECIPE BY OH SWEET BASIL
14 SWEET AND SAVORY SCONE RECIPES TO BAKE ALL YEAR …
SWEETCORN AND CHEDDAR SCONES RECIPE | ABEL & COLE
MASTER SCONE RECIPE - TRADITIONAL HOME BAKING
COTTAGE CHEESE SCONES - LOW FAT & GF - TASTEFULLY VIKKIE
13 BEST SCONE RECIPES AND HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT SCONES
CHEESE SCONES! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
SWEET CHEESE SCONES - SO KATERYNA - RUSSIAN SOCHNIKI
CHEDDAR & CREAM CHEESE SCONES WITH GARLIC & HERBS - MOORLANDS …
GRAN'S EPIC CHEESE SCONES RECIPE | STEP BY STEP PICTURES
FLUFFY CHEESE AND ONION SCONES - MRS JONES'S KITCHEN
CHEESE SCONES RECIPE EASY FOR BEGINNERS IN THE KITCHEN
BEST SCONE RECIPES: 50 SCONE FLAVORS - A DAY IN CANDILAND
CATHERINE'S SWEET SCONES - CATHERINE FULVIO
CHEESE AND SWEET CHILLI SAUCE SCONES RECIPES | GOODTO
THE BEST EASY SCONE RECIPE (ANY FLAVOR) - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
QUICK AND EASY SAVOURY CHEESE SCONES + VIDEO! - LARDER LOVE
SAVOURY CHEESE SCONES WITH CHEDDAR - A BAKING JOURNEY
12 SAVORY SCONE RECIPES (ONE FOR EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR)
CHEESE SCONES - CHARLOTTE'S LIVELY KITCHEN
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES (FREEZER FRIENDLY!) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
FETA CHEESE & BLUEBERRY SCONES (VIDEO) - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
10 SWEET AND SAVORY SCONE RECIPES – SUGARY LOGIC
BEST SCONES RECIPES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SWEET SCONES RECIPE | RACHEL ALLEN | THETASTE.IE
CHEDDAR SCONES WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND THYME - FEASTING …
EASY CHEESE SCONES RECIPE (2022) - SCONES + MORE
COTTAGE CHEESE SCONES RECIPE – EASY AND DELICIOUS
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES - FAMILY FRESH MEALS
SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS ENGLISH CHEESE SAVOURY SCONE RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make scones in the oven with dough?Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough to approximately 2cm thick. Cut out the scones with a medium (about 8cm) cutter, then put on a sheet of baking parchment, glaze with a little milk and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Slide onto the hot oven tray.
What do you put on a cheese Scone?Enjoy a plain cheese scone or amp up the flavor with additions like bacon, chives, herbs, or onions. However you make them, a final sprinkling of cheese on top is compulsory!
What are sweet and savory scones?Scones are tender, buttery, and flakey pastries. Thanks to their simple structure, they are versatile to flavors both sweet and savory. Sweet scones are perfect alongside coffee or tea, while savory scones are a delicious accompaniment to soup or even breakfast. Within this post, you will find 10 Sweet and Savory Scone Recipes.
How do you cut scones into square pieces?Use a 6 cm or 2.5 inch square cutter or just use a knife to cut the scones into squares. Mix the egg and water together and use a pastry brush to glaze the scones. Bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the tray and then transfer to a cooling rack.