SWEET CHILLI JAM
This has a kick, but won't blow your head off, and goes well with any selection of cold cuts of meat
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Yield Makes 4 small jars
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Tip the peppers, chillies (with seeds), ginger and garlic into a food processor, then whizz until very finely chopped. Scrape into a heavy-bottomed pan with the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar, then bring everything to the boil. Skim off any scum that comes to the surface, then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 50 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Once the jam is becoming sticky, continue cooking for 10-15 mins more, stirring frequently so that it doesn't catch and burn. It should now look like thick, bubbling lava. Cool slightly, transfer to sterilised jars, then leave to cool completely. Keeps for 3 months in a cool, dark cupboard - refrigerate once opened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 857 calories, Fat 1 grams fat, Carbohydrate 220 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 218 grams sugar, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.34 milligram of sodium
HOT, SWEET AND STICKY CHILI JAM
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
- When oil is hot, add your onions and garlic, reduce your heat and allow them to cook for around 20 minutes stirring frequently, until onions are VERY soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and add the chiles and brown sugar, and blend until smooth, then return the mixture to the pan.
- Cook mixture for approximately 10 minutes stirring frequently, until the liquid evaporates and the mixture has a jam-like consistency.
- Cool slightly and serve.
- This jam will last in the refrigerator in an airtight jar for approximately 1 week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1011.1, Fat 68.5, SaturatedFat 9.5, Sodium 40.8, Carbohydrate 100.4, Fiber 10.1, Sugar 57.1, Protein 8.2
This one's for you if you like sweet chilli sauce, only it's ten times nicer. Very easy to make and it keeps for a while in the fridge too. Spices up stir-fries any day!
Provided by melting pot
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Process chillies, oil, capsicum, garlic and shallots until smooth.
- Heat wok on medium, and add chilli mixture. Stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and tamarind and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use as a stir-fry sauce or grilling marinade.
More about "sweet chilli jam recipes"
BEST HOMEMADE SWEET CHILLI JAM | TRIED & TESTED
Reviews 82Calories 213 per servingCategory Sides And Savoury
CHILLI JAM | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
10 WAYS TO USE CHILLI JAM - STOKES SAUCES
EASY SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE - PENNY'S RECIPES - DELICIOUS!
SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
BEST CHILLI JAM RECIPE | EASY SERVE IT, WITH LOVE, HEALTHY & DELICIOUS
SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
WHAT ARE SOME CREATIVE WAYS TO EAT SWEET CHILI JAM?
SWEET AND TANGY CHILLI JAM | MARION'S KITCHEN
ASIAN CHILLI JAM RECIPE | FOODACIOUSLY
15 CHILLI JAM RECIPES YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS WEEKEND
DELICIOUS CHILLI JAM- MY FAVOURITE SWEET & SPICY PRESERVE
SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
CHILLI JAM | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 4Calories 33 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
- Trim, halve and deseed the red chillies (use rubber gloves to protect your hands, if you like), and peel the garlic cloves, then place in a food processor with the peppers and pulse until finely chopped.Scrape the chilli mixture into a high-sided pan over a medium-high heat, add the sugar and vinegar, then give everything a good stir.Prick the Scotch bonnets with a sharp knife and add to the pan with 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer gently for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thick, glossy and reduced by half.Pour into sterilised jam jars (leave the Scotch bonnets in, if you like it hot, otherwise remove) and store in a cool dark place until needed.
SWEET CHILLI SAUCE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
SWEET CHILLI JAM | 100% PURE NEW ZEALAND HONEY
HOMEMADE SWEET CHILLI JAM - ANINAS RECIPES
SWEET CHILLI JAM – CURLY'S COOKING
CHILLI JAM | DONNA HAY
SWEET CHILLI JAM WITH GINGER - LIFE INEVITABLE
CHILLI JAM RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
CHILLI JAM - ANNABEL LANGBEIN – RECIPES
EASY SWEET CHILLI DRESSING RECIPE - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
SWEET CHILLI JAM - KENDALLS COOKBOOK
HOMEMADE THAI CHILLI JAM IS SERIOUS NOMS | MARION'S KITCHEN
PAULA'S SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE - MINNIE PISTACCHIO
SWEET CHILI JAM : 5 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - INSTRUCTABLES
SPICY SWEET CHILLI JAM - LOST IN FOOD
SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE - YOUTUBE
SMUTTY SWEET CHILLI JAM - TINNED TOMATOES
SWEET CHILLI JAM - EDWARD HAYDEN
SWEET AND SPICY CHILLI JAM – WHAT KATE ATE
SWEET & AUTHENTIC THAI CHILLI JAM RECIPE – NAM PRIK PAO
CHILLI JAM RECIPE - TASTEBOTANICAL - PERFECT TO PERK UP YOUR RECIPES
SWEET CHILLI JAM – EVERYDAY FABULOUS FOOD
CHILLI JAM RECIPE | A FORK AND A PENCIL
SWEET CHILLI TOMATO JAM | BIBBY'S KITCHEN PRESERVES
SWEET CHILLI JAM – “HOW TO MAKE” RECIPE FROM THE JAM JAR SHOP
EASY AND QUICK CHILLI JAM - ROMINA'S LITTLE CORNER
CHILLI JAM - THE WITCHES KITCHEN
QUICK & EASY SWEET CHILLI JAM | YUZU BAKES
CHILLI JAM (THERMOMIX METHOD INCLUDED) - MOTHER HUBBARD'S …
SWEET CHILLI JAM - TALES FROM THE KITCHEN SHED
DONNA HAY'S ASIAN CHILLI JAM - EM'S FOOD FOR FRIENDS
SWEET CHILLI JAM : 12 STEPS - INSTRUCTABLES
You'll also love