SWEET FRIED SUMMER SQUASH
- Allow squash to rest for 5 minutes after cutting to release its moisture. Stir the flour, sugar, and salt together in a shallow bowl. Dredge the squash slices in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, and set aside until needed.
- Melt the shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the squash in a single layer in the skillet. Cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 718.9 calories, Carbohydrate 27.3 g, Fat 68.6 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 17.1 g, Sodium 1.5 mg, Sugar 16.7 g
DEEP FRIED SUMMER SQUASH
Deep-fried summer squash is a tasty alternative for vegetarians and veggie lovers. The fried squash slices make a great snack with marinara sauce.
Provided by Diana Rattray
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat about 2 to 3 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy saucepan to 360 F. Or use an electric deep fryer.
- Combine eggs, milk, and salt in a bowl and whisk to blend.
- Put the flour in a wide, shallow bowl or plate.
- Dip squash in the egg batter and then dredge the slices in flour until well coated.
- Fry in batches in deep hot fat, about 360 F, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Season the fried squash slices with salt and pepper or a Creole or seasoned salt blend.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 kcal, Carbohydrate 44 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 381 mg, Sugar 9 g, Fat 23 g, ServingSize 6-8 portions (6-8 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
SUMMER SQUASH STIR-FRY
"With an abundance of squash, green peppers, tomatoes and onion from our garden, this fresh-tasting recipe is both easy and economical to prepare," writes Doris Stein from Ojai, California. For a more substantial side dish, add cubed cooked ham and sprinkle with cheese.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a skillet, saute the zucchini, green pepper and onion in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the tomato and ham if desired; heat through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. remove from the heat. Top with cheese if desired; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 68mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
23 BEST WAYS TO COOK SUMMER SQUASH (+ RECIPE COLLECTION)
Put that Farmer's Market haul to good use with these bright and sunny summer squash recipes. They're sweet, nutty, and perfect as a summer side dish.
Provided by insanelygood
Categories Recipe Roundup
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a delicious summer squash recipe in 30 minutes or less!
Nutrition Facts :
OVEN-FRIED SUMMER SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip the squash slices in water. Dredge in bread crumbs.
- Place breaded squash slices on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 10-20 minutes, until done.
More about "sweet fried summer squash recipes"
SUMMER SQUASH AND SWEET CORN CASSEROLE - MY …
17 DELICIOUS SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES EVEN YOUR PICKY …
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED SUMMER SQUASH RECIPE | BON …
29 BEST EASY SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES - HOW TO COOK …
SWEET PAN FRIED DELICATA SQUASH RECIPE - MOTHER EARTH …
MEDITERRANEAN SAUTEED YELLOW SQUASH RECIPE
SOUTHERN FRIED SQUASH RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
23 SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
24 SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES YOU'VE NEVER TRIED
10 FRIED SQUASH RECIPES THAT ARE ABSOLUTELY IRRESISTIBLE
17 BEST SUMMER SQUASH RECIPE IDEAS - FOOD NETWORK
YELLOW SQUASH FRIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SWEET FRIED SUMMER SQUASH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SWEET FRIED SQUASH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SAUTEED SUMMER SQUASH, ZUCCHINI & SWEET POTATOES WITH GARLIC …
EASY FRIED SQUASH RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
FRIED SUMMER SQUASH RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SWEET FRIED SUMMER SQUASH | RECIPESTY
20 DELICIOUS SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES - BEEYONDCEREAL
OLD-FASHIONED FRIED SUMMER SQUASH RECIPE - A HUNDRED YEARS AGO
SWEET TEA AND CORNBREAD: FRIED SQUASH...A SUMMER FAVORITE!
SOUTHERN FRIED SQUASH RECIPE - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
SWEET FRIED SUMMER SQUASH | RECIPE | SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES, …
PAN FRIED YELLOW SQUASH RECIPE - AIMEESTOCK.COM
SWEET FRIED SUMMER SQUASH GOOD RECIPES
THE SECRET TO THE BEST FRIED SQUASH | SOUTHERN LIVING
OVEN-FRIED SUMMER SQUASH - OUR DAILY CHEWS
EASY SAUTéED SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI RECIPE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
HOW TO MAKE SOUTHERN FRIED YELLOW SQUASH - GRITS AND GOUDA
SWEET FRIED SUMMER SQUASH | RECIPE | FRIED SQUASH RECIPES, …
ROASTED SUMMER SQUASH WITH SWEET PEPPERS AND ONION
SUMMER SQUASH AND ONIONS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
OUR 16 EASY SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook yellow squash?Sliced yellow squash is dredged in flour and sugar, then fried until golden brown. Allow squash to rest for 5 minutes after cutting to release its moisture. Stir the flour, sugar, and salt together in a shallow bowl. Dredge the squash slices in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, and set aside until needed.
How to cook squash on the stove?Dredge the squash slices in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, and set aside until needed. Melt the shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the squash in a single layer in the skillet. Cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
What ingredients do you need to make sweet squash?Make these sweet squash slices in 20 minutes with just five ingredients: yellow squash, all-purpose flour, white sugar, salt, and shortening. Make these sweet squash slices in 20 minutes with just five ingredients: yellow squash, all-purpose flour, white sugar, salt, and shortening.
What ingredients do you need to make squash fritters?Make these sweet squash slices in 20 minutes with just five ingredients: yellow squash, all-purpose flour, white sugar, salt, and shortening. These quick and easy squash fritters start with a convenient secret ingredient: all-purpose baking mix (such as Bisquick)!