GRILLED VIDALIA STEAKS WITH SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE
Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe for Grilled Vidalia Steaks with Sweet Italian Sausage. We're headed to the park to grill up some delicious Vidalia onions along with Sweet Italian Sausages. Serve these thick sliced onions on a plate or, grab a bun and make up a sausage dog with onions that will have all the family begging for more.
Provided by Steve Gordon
Categories Main Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Place charcoal in grill and light according to package directions.
- Place sausages on grill and cook until 160º internal temperature, turning as needed.
- Peel onions, slice into large slices about ½ inch thick.
- Carefully slide skewers into onion slices.
- Coat both sides of each slice with Olive Oil.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Place onion slices on grill.
- Add butter to each slice.
- Sprinkle with Worcestershire Sauce.
- Grill onions until slightly transparent and tender.
- Serve warm, with sausages and enjoy.
ROASTED ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH VIDALIA ONIONS AND VEGETABLES
Roasted Italian sausage with Vidalia onions and vegetables - this will become a go-to easy meal for you - it is for us!
Provided by Rachel Gurk
Categories Sheet Pan Dinners
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place all chopped vegetables on rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and then place sausage on pan as well. (Note - you may need to divide the ingredients on to two trays if it's too crowded).
- Roast for 20 minutes, stir, return to oven and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and brown and sausage is cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 sausage with vegetables, Calories 388 kcal, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 15 g, Fat 24 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 767 mg, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 16 g, UnsaturatedFat 13 g
SWEET VIDALIA ONION & SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
Provided by sandyu42
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients except the crackers and transfer to a large casserole dish. Top with crackers and bake for 30 minutes or until crackers are golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts :
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND VIDALIA ONION
- Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a large fryig pan.
- Remove sausage from casing and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Peel onion and slice in 1/4 inch slices.
- After heating oil in large fryinng pan, add italian sausage.
- Once the italian sausage is browned, add the onions and garlic.
- Cook until onions are transluccent.
- Add tomatoes, undrained.
- Add all spices and mix thoroughly - taking care not to break up sausage.
- Bring to a boil and turn down to medium low.
- Cover tightly.
- Wash squash
- Slice squash into 1/4 inch slices.
- Remove cover.
- Add squash into sauce and stir lightly.
- Replace cover.
- Turn down burner to low.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve over jasmine rice or pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243.2, Fat 15.3, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 21, Sodium 1076.6, Carbohydrate 15.3, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 7.5, Protein 13.5
ITALIAN SAUSAGE, PEPPERS, AND ONIONS
My family has been using this very simple and delicious recipe for sausage, peppers, and onions for years and years now. For an extra kick, try using half sweet sausage and half hot sausage!
Provided by GIGI9801
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown on all sides. Remove from skillet, and slice.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Stir in the yellow onion, red onion, and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Season with basil, and oregano. Stir in white wine. Continue to cook and stir until peppers and onions are tender.
- Return sausage slices to skillet with the vegetables. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until sausage is heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461.1 calories, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 96.1 mg, Fat 39.4 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 17.1 g, SaturatedFat 15.2 g, Sodium 857 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH RED GRAVY AND PASTA
This is one of my husband's family's recipes. It's simple and doesn't require much prep time, especially if you use a food processor to cut the onion and celery. Seasoning amounts are approximate, though I don't recommend shorting the sugar. The gravy (I would call it sauce, but the family insists on "gravy" ) should be sweet and basil-heavy to complement the flavors of the sausages.
Provided by foxfyre
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Warm olive oil in a skillet over medium heat while dicing onion and celery. Sauté vegetables until onions turn clear. Remove from heat.
- In a large pot (6 qt or larger, I use an 8 qt stock pot) over medium-low heat, combine tomato juice, tomato paste, water, diced tomatoes, onion, celery, sugar, and seasonings.
- Heat gravy to a boil (shouldn't need to raise heat above medium) and add sausages; boil for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain. Spoon a small amount of gravy over pasta (in its own pot) and stir gently to help prevent sticking.
- Serving size is roughly a cup of pasta, one sausage, and about 3/4 cup gravy.
More about "sweet italian sausage and vidalia onion recipes"
ARE VIDALIA ONIONS SWEET? [WHAT CAN YOU USE INSTEAD?]
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH PEPPERS, ONIONS, & VERMOUTH (CLICK …
10 BEST VIDALIA ONION DRESSING CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE - PEG'S HOME COOKING
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE HOAGIE ROLL TOPPED WITH TOMATO & ONION …
FENNEL, CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND SWEET VIDALIA ONION PIZZA RECIPE
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN …
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE EASY HOMEMADE - BEST RECIPE BOX
SAUSAGE, RICE & SWEET VIDALIA ONION CASSEROLE - JOHNSONVILLE
PASTA SALAD WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE, PEPPERS, AND SWEET ONIONS
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGES, OUR BEST RECIPES - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
10 VIDALIA ONION RECIPES THAT EVERYONE WILL LOVE | ALLRECIPES
17 SWEET AND SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES TO MAKE …
25 BEST ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES - WHOLE LOTTA YUM
ITALIAN ONION PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS SKILLET WITH RICE - AVERIE COOKS
VIDALIA ONION VS SWEET ONION: ANY DIFFERENCE? - FOODIES FAMILY
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE PIZZA WITH SAUTéED SWEET ONIONS
GRILLING RECIPES: VIDALIA ONION STEAKS WITH SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND VIDALIA ONION RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SAUSAGE, VIDALIA ONIONS AND TOMATOES | SYRUP AND BISCUITS
VIDALIA ONION, PEPPER AND SAUSAGE KABOBS | REALSWEET ONIONS
RECIPES - VIDALIAONIONS.COM
GLO'S KITCHEN: VIDALIA ONION & ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA - BLOGGER
SWEET ONION RECIPES: VIDALIA ONION AND CUCUMBER SALAD, SWEET …
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS & PEPPERS - FOODIE AND WINE …
VIDALIA ONION WITH SAUSAGE STUFFING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SAUSAGE, PEPPERS AND ONIONS | CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN
EASY HOMEMADE SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE • MOM ON A MOUNTAIN • …
BAKED SAUSAGE STUFFED ONIONS - READY SET EAT
SWEET PEPPER & ONION PASTA WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE - DELALLO
10 BEST GROUND SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUSAGE, RICE & SWEET VIDALIA ONION CASSEROLE - JOHNSONVILLE.COM ...
NONNA ROMANA’S SAUSAGE, POTATOES AND ONIONS RECIPE
SWEET AND TANGY VIDALIA ONION VINAIGRETTE - COOKING WITH MARY …
VIDALIA ONION CASSEROLE WITH SAUSAGE | RECIPELION.COM
40 VIDALIA ONION RECIPES IDEAS | ONION RECIPES, VIDALIA ONIONS, RECIPES
10 SWEET VIDALIA ONION RECIPES FOR SUMMER | SOUTHERN LIVING
SWEET POTATO KIELBASA SAUSAGE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGES WITH PEPPERS & ONIONS
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #pork #easy #european #beginner-cook #italian #stove-top #one-dish-meal #inexpensive #meat #pork-sausage #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love