PAN-ROASTED SWORDFISH STEAKS WITH MIXED-PEPPERCORN BUTTER
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mash butter, parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns, and lemon peel in small bowl. Season to taste with salt.
- Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle swordfish with salt and ground mixed peppercorns. Add swordfish to skillet. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn swordfish over and transfer to oven. Roast until just cooked through, about 10 minutes longer. Transfer swordfish to plates. Add seasoned butter to same skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up browned bits, until melted and bubbling. Pour butter sauce over swordfish and serve.
This is a typical dish of southern Italy. Swordfish is marinated in a lemon and oil mixture, then fried and cooked with fava (broad) beans and white wine.
Provided by Salvatore
Categories Italian Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the fish and stir enough to get it coated. Let it marinate for about 15 minutes. Remove fish from the marinade and pat dry.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the onion until golden, about 8 minutes, then add the fish. Brown the chunks of fish, about 1 minute per side; remove from the pan and set aside.
- Stir the flour into the skillet; cook and stir until lightly browned. Gradually stir in the white wine. Return the fish to the pan, and add the fava beans. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, cover, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.8 calories, Carbohydrate 26.3 g, Cholesterol 52.7 mg, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 440.4 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
LEMON, HERB & PARMESAN CRUSTED FISH
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the grated lemon zest, grated Parmesan, chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Season the 4 skinless fish fillets. Pan fry in a little oil for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Turn over and sprinkle with the crumb mixture. Brown in the pan under a hot preheated grill for 2-3 minutes. Add the butter to the pan with the juice of 1 lemon. Melt around the fish and serve.
- Place fish in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Combine mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; spread over fish. , Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 712 calories, Fat 65g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 106mg cholesterol, Sodium 850mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 29g protein.
SWORDFISH STEAKS WITH A TAPENADE CRUST
- Prepare the tapenade: In a food processor, combine the olives, parsley, anchovies, capers and garlic and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- With the machine on, add the oil and vinegar in a steady stream.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- (The tapenade can be made up to 1 week ahead, covered and refrigerated. Let return to room temperature before serving.) Prepare the swordfish and vegetables: Heat a large grill pan or skillet.
- Lightly brush the squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until lightly browned and slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- In a small bowl, gradually whisk the olive oil into the lemon juice and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour 3 tblsps of the dressing into a medium bowl, add the fennel, and toss to coat.
- Stir the chopped plum tomato into the remaining dressing.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Brush the grill pan with olive oil and season the swordfish lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill the swordfish over medium-high heat for 4 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over and spread with tapenade on top.
- Continue grilling until the fish is just firm to the touch, about 3 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle the tapenade with the bread crumbs and broil the swordfish for about 1 minute, until the bread crumbs are lightly browned.
- To serve: Fan the yellow squash in the center of each of 4 large plates.
- Mound the dressed fennel on the squash and set the swordfish on top.
- Spoon the tomato dressing around the fish and garnish with the sun-dried tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534.9, Fat 33.9, SaturatedFat 5.6, Cholesterol 68, Sodium 685.3, Carbohydrate 21.1, Fiber 6.8, Sugar 3.6, Protein 39
SWORDFISH WITH ALMOND CRUST
This sounds wonderful! I love swordfish and this is certainly a recipe that celebrates the senses. Give it a try, you'll like it! I hope so, anyway. Note: Can be used with any firm fleshed fish like halibut, salmon, etc.
Provided by Darkhunter
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F Set aside fish and lemon slices. In bowl of food processor, fitted with steel blade, pulse on and off remaining ingredients until mixture forms a rough paste.
- Line a shallow baking pan with foil. Spray with non-stick spray. Place swordfish steaks in pan. Spread tops evenly with almond mixture.
- Bake in center of oven 12-15 minutes, until fish is opaque throughout. Remove from oven, plate and garnish with lemon slices.
More about "swordfish with parmesan crust recipes"
PARMESAN CRUSTED SWORDFISH WITH LEMON AND CRISPY …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
10 BEST PARMESAN CRUSTED FISH MAYONNAISE RECIPES
HOW TO COOK SWORDFISH: QUICK AND EASY PAN-ROASTED …
BASIL CRUSTED SWORDFISH WITH SWEET AND SPICY …
PARMESAN-CRUSTED SWORDFISH | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, the juice of half a lemon and 1 finely chopped garlic clove.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup toasted panko, the grated peel of 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
BROILED SWORDFISH STEAKS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
POTATO CHIP AND PARMESAN CRUSTED SWORDFISH WITH ARUGULA ... - JPF …
15 CRISPY SWORDFISH RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
SWORDFISH 101: TASTY RECIPES THAT WILL MAKE A SPLASH ON ... - DISH …
PARMESAN ROSEMARY CRUSTED FISH | FORK IN THE KITCHEN
PARMESAN CRUSTED SWORDFISH – FLORIDA SPORT FISHING
PAN FRIED SWORDFISH PARMESAN - NORTHCOASTSEAFOODS.COM
SWORDFISH WITH PARMESAN SAUCE - RECIPEGIRL
PARMESAN CRUSTED BAKED FISH FILLET RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PAN FRIED SWORDFISH PARMESAN - NORTH COAST SEAFOODS
PARMESAN CRUSTED BAKED FISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
12 BEST SWORDFISH RECIPES THAT ARE AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS
10 BEST BAKED SWORDFISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAN SEARED SWORDFISH (QUICK, EASY & ELEGANT DINNER ... - BAKE IT …
SWORDFISH PARMIGIANA - LA CUCINA SABINA
PARMESAN CRUSTED BAKED WHITE FISH - THE LEMON BOWL®
LEMON AND HERB CRUSTED SWORDFISH RECIPE
POTATO CHIP AND PARMESAN CRUSTED SWORDFISH CUTLETS
OVEN BAKED SWORDFISH EN PAPILLOTE - A WELL-SEASONED KITCHEN®
20 EASY BAKED SWORDFISH RECIPES ANYONE CAN MAKE
PARMESAN CRUSTED COD RECIPE | EASY COD RECIPES
CRISPY SWORDFISH BITES WITH CREAMY AIOLI - SIX LITTLE DUCKS
PARMESAN-CRUSTED SWORDFISH | RECIPE | CHICKEN BRUSCHETTA RECIPE ...
PARMESAN CRUSTED SWORDFISH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CRISPY PARMESAN SWORDFISH WITH CREAMY AIOLI DIPPING SAUCE …
RECIPES - FISHWATCH
PARMESAN CRUSTED ZUCCHINI WEDGES - A FAMILY FEAST®
GARLIC PARMESAN CRUSTED SHEEPSHEAD RECIPE :) THE BEST MEAL …
PARMESAN-CRUSTED SWORDFISH RECIPE | YUMMLY
25 SWORDFISH RECIPES FROM GRILLED TO PAN-SEARED - INSANELY GOOD
GARLIC PARMESAN CRUMBED FISH - CAFE DELITES
PARMESAN CRUSTED SWORDFISH – TWO SISTERS RECIPE COLLECTION
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Swordfish with Parmesan?Directions. Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest in a third bowl. Coat the swordfish pieces in the seasoned flour and pat to remove any excess flour. Dip the floured swordfish in the egg whites and then into the Parmesan mixture, gently pressing the mixture into the fish.
How to marinate swordfish steak?On the bottom of the baking dish, drizzle 1 + 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, and squeeze 1 whole lemon, then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of ground garlic powder. Place the swordfish steak on top of the first layer of marinade.
How long does it take to cook a Swordfish?This pan-seared swordfish with olives and capers is the recipe for you. Every bite is succulent with some tang and saltiness from the capers and olives. Plus, it takes less than 30 minutes to make! 16. Garlicky Cilantro Lime Swordfish Kebabs
What to serve with baked Swordfish?A savory and salty relish is the perfect fit for baked swordfish. Here, you'll combine a mixture of black and green olives, chopped roasted red peppers, capers, anchovies, garlic, parsley, red wine vinegar and olive oil to create this spectacular relish. Make it ahead for more intense flavor. Top the baked swordfish with it when ready to serve.