- Toss beef with soy sauce, cornstarch, crushed red pepper and garlic in non-metal bowl. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir fry beef until no longer pink, 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli, onions and water chestnuts; cook 2 minutes. Pour in broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in peanuts, cook one minute more, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 44 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 17.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 242.8 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
SZECHUAN BEEF STIR-FRY
- 1) Combine vegetables and water in large nonstick skillet; cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain vegetables. Set aside. 2) Meanwhile cut beef steaks into 1/4-inch thick strips. 3) Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef and 1/2 of garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic. 4) Return all beef and vegetables to skillet. Add stir-fry sauce and red pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Not authentic at all, but good! I cannot recall where I found this recipe but it has been a favorite over the years. It has great flavor and is fast to put together...perfect for week night meals!
Provided by Michelle S.
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut beef into thin slices (I do this when slightly frozen for more ease).
- Mix soy sauce, chili sauce, sherry, cornstarch, ginger, and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 T. oil in a wok. Add garlic and onions, stir fry 1 minute.
- Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Add remaining oil to wok.
- Add meat a 1/3 at a time, stir frying until it loses it's red color.
- Place in bowl with onions.
- Add chili mixture to wok, heat until bubbly hot. Stir in meat and onion mixtures, stirring until sauce coats meat and onions and is warmed through.
- Serve over rice.
SZECHUAN BEEF WITH BROCCOLI RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by taochavez
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make the Szechuan sauce by combining the chili paste, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl (if you like a thick gooey sauce, add 1 teaspoon of corn starch to this mixture (mixed well with whisk!), it will thicken upon cooking). Set aside for later use. Wash fresh broccoli, break into pieces, and mince garlic clove. Slice thin stir fry beef into strips (I usually slice each piece in half) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. When the oil looks wavy but is not smoking (turn it down if it begins to smoke), toss in the chopped garlic and ground ginger. Stir and cook ("stir fry") for about one minute. Add the beef slices and stir fry until they are cooked through and no more pink juices are coming out (about 5 minutes). Remove the beef to a plate and add the broccoli florets. Stir fry the broccoli florets until they are slightly tender (about five minutes). The fat and juices from the beef will begin to brown on the bottom of the pan during this step. When the sauce is added next, it will deglaze the pan and bring up all of the flavor from the caramelized juices on the bottom of the pan. Return the beef strips to the pan with the broccoli florets and add the Szechuan sauce. Continue to stir and cook until most of the moisture has evaporated from the sauce (about 1-2 minutes). Serve over a bed of hot rice! (Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions if desired).
SPICY SZECHUAN BEEF
This has been a favorite for years. Did not include marinating time in prep time. If you do not like too much spice, cut back on the cayenne pepper.
Provided by Vicki in CT
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoons oil, white pepper, and cornstarch to form marinade. Add beef and let stand 30 minutes, or longer.
- Combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, hoisin sauce, and cayenne. Reserve.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over high heat. Add beef and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile add vegetables to meat. Stir fry until just done, crisp tender.
- Add prepared sauce. Cook until heated through, about 30 seconds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.6, Fat 20.9, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 41.8, Sodium 2049.6, Carbohydrate 24.4, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 12.8, Protein 16.3
SZECHUAN BEEF WITH GREEN BEANS AND RED BELL PEPPERS
- Sprinkle cornstarch, salt, and pepper over flank steak. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak in the hot oil until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove steak from skillet using a slotted spoon.
- Add onion and garlic to the same skillet. Cook until onion starts to soften, about 2 minutes. Add ginger; cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, and hoisin sauce. Cook until sauce has thickened, 5 to 7 minutes more. Reduce heat; add green beans and bell pepper.
- Add steak back to the skillet; toss in the sauce until well coated. Add red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook and stir until stir-fry is heated through, about 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375.9 calories, Carbohydrate 43.4 g, Cholesterol 36.6 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 22.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 1618.4 mg, Sugar 32.4 g
- Mix the sliced beef with soy sauce, cooking wine, and cornstarch and set aside. Heat the wok and 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Stir-fry the garlic and jalapeno pepper until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the beef and the sauce ingredients and stir-fry over high heat just until the beef is no longer pink on the outside, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the green onions during the last 1 minute of cooking.
More about "szechuan beef recipes"
BEST SZECHUAN BEEF RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SZECHUAN …
5/5 (7)Occupation Senior Food ProducerCuisine American, ChineseTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
BEST SZECHUAN BEEF RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SZECHUAN BEEF
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory Dinner, Main Dish, MeatPublished 2020-08-07
- In a medium bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients except for steak until fully combined. Reserve half the marinade and set aside. Add steak to medium bowl and toss in the remaining marinade until evenly coated.
- In a large bowl, toss together cornflour and marinated beef, shaking off any excess cornflour before frying. In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil.
- Return pan to medium heat. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then add bean paste, dried chillies, peppercorns, garlic, spring onion, and a pinch salt. Stir and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add hoisin, sambal oelek, and reserved marinade. Stir to evenly distribute, and bring to a simmer. Add back cooked steak and toss until evenly coated. Let cook, stirring, until sauce thickens and clings to the steak.
SZECHUAN BEEF (BETTER THAN PF CHANGS) - RASA MALAYSIA
4.6/5 (27)Total Time 25 minsCategory Chinese RecipesCalories 486 per serving
- Heat up a wok and add 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is fully heated, add the beef and do a few quick stirs, until the surface turns opaque and slightly charred. Transfer out and set aside.
- Clean the wok and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is fully heated, add the garlic and stir-fry until aromatic. Add all the peppers and carrots and stir a few times before adding the beef back into the wok. Add the Sauce and stir to combine well. Stir in the scallion and chili oil, dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.
SZECHUAN GINGER BEEF RECIPE | PANLASANG PINOY RECIPES™
SZECHUAN BEEF RECIPE - GONNA WANT SECONDS
SICHUAN DRY FRIED BEEF - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
TOP 9 CHINESE SICHUAN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
SZECHUAN BEEF WITH GARLIC SCAPES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY SZECHUAN BEEF (BETTER THAN TAKEOUT!) - CHEF SAVVY
ESSENTIAL ASIAN: JET TILA’S SUPER-FAST SZECHUAN BEEF
SZECHUAN BEEF RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
AUTHENTIC SZECHUAN SAUCE! | FEASTING AT HOME
DRY FRIED SICHUAN (SZECHUAN) BEEF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST SZECHUAN BEEF! (TIPS, TRICKS, STEP BY STEP PHOTOS)
EASY SZECHUAN BEEF RECIPE - KIRBIE'S CRAVINGS
11 DELICIOUS SZECHUAN BEEF STIR FRY RECIPES - THE RUSTY …
WHAT IS SZECHUAN BEEF? (WITH PICTURES) - DELIGHTED COOKING
SZECHUAN BEEF - SPOON FORK BACON
SICHUAN BEEF, DRY-FRIED - THE WOKS OF LIFE
SZECHUAN BEEF RECIPE
EASY SZECHUAN BEEF — LET'S DISH RECIPES
SICHUAN BOILED BEEF (SHUI ZHU NIU ROU, 水煮牛肉) - RED HOUSE SPICE
SZECHUAN BEEF STIR FRY - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
SZECHUAN BEEF RECIPE
30 MINUTE SPICY GINGER SZECHUAN BEEF - THE CHUNKY CHEF
SZECHUAN BEEF NOODLES RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART CANADA
SICHUAN BOILED BEEF (水煮牛肉 - SHUIZHU NIUROU) - THE WOKS OF LIFE
SPICY SZECHUAN BEEF RECIPE - MASHED
SZECHUAN BEEF - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - STIR FRY
SZECHUAN BEEF: HOW TO MAKE IT? - TRYCHINESEGOODIES.COM
SZECHUAN BEEF NOODLES RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
REAL-DEAL SZECHUAN BEEF STIR FRY - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
4-INGREDIENT SICHUAN CRISPY BEEF - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
SZECHUAN BEEF BURGERS - SZECHWAN BEEF - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
BETTER THAN TAKEOUT HOMEMADE SZECHUAN BEEF – CHEFS NOTES
HEALTHY SZECHUAN BEEF - THE ROASTED ROOT
SZECHUAN BEEF - DINNER AT THE ZOO
WHAT IS IN SZECHUAN BEEF - THERESCIPES.INFO - THERECIPES
SZECHUAN BEEF STIR FRY – HOW TO MAKE IN FOUR EASY STEPS
EASY SZECHUAN BEEF RECIPE (LOW CARB) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
#time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #asian #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Szechuan Beef Spicy?She brings the heat with this spicy Szechuan beef in three different ways: with chili oil, crushed red pepper, and Szechuan peppercorns. This dish is hot enough to make you sit up and take notice, but the heat isn't so powerful that it overwhelms the flavors from the meat and veggies.
What is Szechuan (Szechuan) style steak?In this Sichuan (Szechuan) recipe, the beef is dry fried, making it chewy and crispy. If you like, you can replace one of the carrots with 1/2 cup of celery that has been strung and cut julienne-style. Feel free to make the dish hotter by adding more chili paste or sauce if desired.
What is Sichuan beef?What is Sichuan Beef? Szechuan beef, much like beef and broccoli, is not actually from China. For example, there is a poached beef from Sichuan that is in a fiery chili-oil sauce, called 水煮牛肉, or literally “Water Cooked Beef” that looks like this picture.
What is the difference between Mongolian beef and Szechuan Beef?Beef is the main focus in the Szechuan version; Hunan dishes, in general, tend to include more vegetables. Mongolian Beef is a milder dish, with little more than green onions to accentuate the savory brown sauce and tender strips of beef.