TACO SALAD I
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and drain excess fat. Stir in the taco seasoning, chili beans and French-style dressing. Fill the dressing bottle 2/3 full of water and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Crush the bag of chips, open the bag, and toss the broken chips into a large bowl with the lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. When the meat mixture is done, combine it with the lettuce, tomatoes, chips and mix well. Then, add salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 846.4 calories, Carbohydrate 59.6 g, Cholesterol 70.2 mg, Fat 56.5 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 26.1 g, SaturatedFat 15.4 g, Sodium 1579.6 mg, Sugar 14.2 g
This recipe was handed down from my aunt and now I'm not invited to get togethers unless I bring this along.
Provided by busy mom
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Brown ground beef and taco seasoning.
- Drain and let cool.
- Chop lettuce, tomatoes, and onions.
- Put into a large container.
- Add cheese and crushed Doritos.
- Add cooled ground beef.
- Pour Catalina dressing over all of it 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- In a medium saute pan over medium high heat, cook onions in 1 to 2 tablespoons water until softened and cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cook covered, stirring once or twice, add more water if necessary to keep onions from burning. Add chicken meat, and cook until crumbly and golden, about 7 to 9 minutes. Add citrus juice, zest, and taco seasoning mix, stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange lettuce on large platter with remaining ingredients. Top with chicken, garnish with baked chips and jalapenos.
QUICK TACO SALAD
Provided by Food Network
Number Of Ingredients 9
- BROWN meat with onions in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain. ADD seasoning mix and water; mix well. Bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 3 min. DIVIDE lettuce among 4 plates. Top evenly with meat mixture, tomatoes, cheese and crushed chips. Drizzle with dressing. TACO BELL® and Logo are trademarks owned and licensed by Taco Bell Corp.
BEST TACO SALAD!
I got this recipe from a friend more than 20 years ago and it remains a family favorite espcially on hot summer days. I cook the beef early in the morning. Sometimes even chop all of the ingredients then, too, so all I have to do is throw everything together when it is time for dinner. Teenagers especially love this. That is a bonus! Have yet to find anyone who doesn't love this super easy salad for dinner.
Provided by Terriyaki 2
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brown ground beef, drain grease, adding taco seasoning and following directions on package. Chill.
- When ground beef is cold, place in a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and serve.
It would be easy to believe that taco salads were invented by kids. They're just as yummy as traditional tacos, but everything is tossed in a crunchy "bowl" that you can eat.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 4 individual salads
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly brush tortillas with 4 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Press one of the tortillas into the ovenproof bowl. Bake 13 minutes; an adult should transfer shell to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Meanwhile, make beef filling: In a mixing bowl, combine beef with tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and onion; season with salt and pepper. An adult should heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add beef mixture, and cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Make dressing: In a jar, shake together vinegar, 1/2 cup oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
- Using a box grater, shred cheese and carrots. An adult can prepare the other toppings, including corn: Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat; add 10-ounce package frozen corn. Saute 3 minutes.
- Divide beef filling among shells; add toppings and dressing.
EASY GROUND BEEF TACO SALAD
Every time I have to bring a dish to a party, friends ask for my taco salad. Even players on my son's football team ask for it. -Lori Buntrock, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly., In a large bowl, toss lettuce with cheese. Top with beef mixture and chips; drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 calories, Fat 27g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 830mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
Enjoy all the flavours of a taco night in this colourful Tex-Mex salad. Just like a taco, you can make it your own and add your favourite toppings
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Lunch
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Mix the red onion with half the lime juice and a pinch of salt in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-low heat, and crumble in the mince. Cook for 15-20 mins - the mince will release some liquid, but once this has bubbled away, it will sizzle in its own fat. At this point, stir or toss with a wooden spoon so the mince browns and caramelises all over. If the pan becomes too dry, add a drizzle more oil. When the mince is well toasted, sprinkle over the taco seasoning and cook for 2 mins, then stir through the tomato purée and pour over the rest of the lime juice and let it sizzle for another minute. Stir through the black beans and turn up the heat to medium, continuing to cook until everything is hot. Taste for seasoning, then set aside.
- To make the dressing, mix the lime juice with the soured cream and chilli sauce, if using, season, then set aside.
- Scatter a handful of tortilla chips into a bowl, then add a layer of lettuce, then the mince and black beans. Top with the avocado slices, chopped tomato, pickled red onions, along with any juices, and the feta. Drizzle with the dressing, then finally scatter over the coriander. Tuck more tortilla chips around the sides of the bowl, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 733 calories, Fat 41 grams fat, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 48 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 12 grams fiber, Protein 37 grams protein, Sodium 2.4 milligram of sodium
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the corn, and reduce heat to medium; simmer until the kernels are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer the corn to a plate; let cool. Slice the kernels off the cobs; place in a small bowl, and set aside (you should have about 1 1/4 cups).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the tortilla wedges in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until crisp, turning once, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven; let cool, and set aside.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, juice from 1 lime, cilantro, jalapeño, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, brown the turkey over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and juice from remaining lime.
- Transfer the mixture to a large serving bowl. Add the lettuce, beans, tomatoes, onion, mango, and reserved corn and tortillas. Toss to combine well. Drizzle with yogurt dressing; serve immediately.
- Fit to eat recipe
- (Per serving)
- Calories: 233
- Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Sodium: 207mg
- Protein: 25g
- Fiber: 6g
More about "taco salad recipes"
10 BEST TACO SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY TACO SALAD RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
EASY TACO SALAD RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
TACO SALAD - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
TACO SALAD RECIPE - WITH OPTIONAL HOMEMADE DRESSING ...
DORITO TACO SALAD WITH CATALINA DRESSING - EASY BUDGET RECIPES
EASY TACO SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TACO SALAD WITH ...
10 BEST GROUND BEEF TACO SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
TACO SALAD RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
OUR BEST TACO SALAD RECIPES, EVER! - TASTE OF HOME
40+ BEST SALAD RECIPES - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
TACO SALAD & QUICK RECIPE - OLD EL PASO
EASY TACO SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
TACO SALAD RECIPE WITH CATALINA DRESSING - SOUTHERN HOME ...
10 EASY MEXICAN SALAD RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
EASY TACO SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TACO SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
TACO SALAD | MCCORMICK
TACO SALAD RECIPE (QUICK AND EASY!) - COOKING CLASSY
TACO SALAD MEAL PREP - DELICIOUS HEALTHY RECIPES MADE WITH ...
THE BEST TACO SALAD RECIPE EVER - MY ORGANIZED CHAOS
THE ULTIMATE TACO SALAD RECIPE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
SERIOUSLY THE BEST TACO SALAD RECIPE - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
BEST TACO OF THE TOWN TACO SALAD RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
BEST RESTAURANT STYLE TACO SALAD RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
TACO SALAD DRESSING (GENIUS HACK!) – A COUPLE COOKS
EASY TACO SALAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
TACO SALAD RECIPE - THE COZY COOK
TACO SALAD | PAULA DEEN
TACO BELL TACO SALAD: MAKE THIS FORMER MENU ITEM AT HOME FAST
BUILDING A TACO SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
CLASSIC TACO SALAD RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF | VINTAGE COOKING
TACO SALAD RECIPES | MYRECIPES
TACO SALAD RECIPE (EASY & HEALTHY!) - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
ISABEL EATS - EASY MEXICAN RECIPES
KETO TACO SALAD RECIPE - GREEN AND KETO
TACO SALAD OPTAVIA - THERESCIPES.INFO
ULTIMATE TACO SALAD – A COUPLE COOKS
TACO SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #salads #easy #salad-dressings #one-dish-meal #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a taco salad?Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, cook and crumble for 7 minutes, or until brown and cooked through. Drain grease. Reduce heat to low. Add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and toss to coat. Add the 3/4 cup salsa and cilantro. Add additional salsa if desired. Cover partially while you prepare the salad.
How do you make tacos with taco seasoning?Directions. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, toss lettuce with cheese. Top with beef mixture and chips; drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
How do you make tacos with Catalina dressing?Brown ground beef and taco seasoning. Drain and let cool. Chop lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Put into a large container. Add cheese and crushed Doritos. Add cooled ground beef. Pour Catalina dressing over all of it 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Share it with the community!
How to make taco salad with sour cream?Take the sour cream (or Crema Mexicana!) and the salsa that you were already planning to put on your taco salad, and mix them up beforehand. Add in a little taco seasoning and the juice from one lime to give it that acidic kick. I prefer to use Restaurant Style Salsa, either this homemade version or one from the store.