TANGY BARBECUED BEEF SANDWICHES
Every year for our church ice cream social, we'd fill six roaster ovens with these ingredients and let them simmer all day. Boy, did that barbecue smell good. If you want a meal that's ready to eat in 30 minutes, but can keep on the stove for late arrivals, this is the one. -Janet Sipes, Monmouth, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, water, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar and salt; heat through. Serve on buns. Freeze option: Place cooled beef mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring occasionally; add water or broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387 calories, Fat 15g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 864mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES
Since I prepare the beef for these robust sandwiches in the slow cooker, it's easy to fix a meal for a hungry bunch. The savory homemade sauce assures I come home with no leftovers. -Debbi Smith, Crossett, Arkansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 18 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Add roast. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 6-8 hours longer or until meat is tender. , Remove roast; cool. Shred meat and return to sauce; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, fill each bun with about 1/2 cup of meat mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 49mg cholesterol, Sodium 659mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES
This is adapted from a crockpot cookbook I have. The original recipe contained water and cooked on high. We found that the meat is better cooked on low, and that the addition of the water makes it too soupy. We enjoy this on onion rolls from the bakery of our local grocery store. Sometimes we even spread the rolls with garlic butter and toast them under the broiler before loading with the meat. Great with Recipe #71203, #71203 or my Recipe #247747, #247747.
Provided by SrtaMaestra
Yield 14-18 sandwiches, 14-18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine all ingredients except roast, buns, and pickles in crock pot. Mix well.
- Add roast. Roll the roast around to coat with the other ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast. Cool enough to shred meat with two forks. Depending on the direction of the grain of the meat, you may want to cut into smaller pieces with a knife before shredding. The last time I made this, I had very long shreds of meat that didn't stay on the bun very well when I bit into it, because the grain ran weird on the roast, and I just shredded it anyway.
- Return meat to sauce. Heat well.
- Serve on buns with pickles, if desired.
SPICY BARBEQUED BEEF SANDWICHES
- To cook en papillote (on the grill, enclosed in foil), preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Rinse beef to remove any unwanted smells, pat dry with paper toweling and season with garlic powder and salt and pepper, and set aside briefly. Make an oven pouch out of a 3 foot length of heavy duty foil by bringing the 2 ends to the center, folding the sides to seal, and leaving an opening at the top center through which to place the sauce and beef. Shake flour in the pouch to coat the inside. Sear all sides of beef on the grill, then put beef in pouch and pour 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce and 1 tablespoon of the hot sauce over the meat (reserving the rest of the barbeque sauce and hot sauce). Seal the foil pouch by folding shut. Grill bagged beef directly on grill for about 30 minutes per pound. Ideally this should be cooked until fork tender, so that you can pull it apart with a fork.
- Let beef rest 10 minutes before carving into thin slices, or pulling it apart with a fork. Heat the reserved barbeque sauce and hot sauce in a small saucepan. Then chop or shred the sliced beef and serve on Kaiser rolls or crusty Italian rolls. Spoon a bit of the extra sauce over the meat.
TANGY BARBECUE CHICKEN
- Simmer 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons each molasses and brown sugar, 1 tablespoon each dried mustard and soy sauce, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 cup water, and kosher salt and pepper to taste until thickened, about 30 minutes. Preheat a grill to medium-high on one side. Season 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat until golden and crisp on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with 1 cup of the sauce. Place on the cooler side of the grill; cover and cook, basting once, until the meat is glazed and reaches 165, 25 to 30 minutes.
SLOW-COOKER TANGY BARBECUED BEEF SANDWICHES
The right blend of brown sugar, basic seasonings, and a jolt of vinegar and lemon give slow-cooked beef caramelized flavor with a kick.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except buns.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Cut off top of each bun; pull some of bread out of each bun. Fill buns with beef mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Carbohydrate 33 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Sandwich, Sodium 500 mg, Sugar 12 g, TransFat 1/2 g
TANGY SLICED PORK SANDWICHES
- Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, sugar, paprika, salt and cayenne pepper. Mix together and bring mixture to a boil, stirring often. Add the cooked pork and let simmer just until pork is heated through. Divide into 4 equal portions onto the bottom of each hamburger bun.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.3 calories, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 64.5 mg, Fat 21.7 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 15.1 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 585.7 mg, Sugar 8.2 g
ELAINE'S SWEET AND TANGY LOOSE BEEF BBQ
This recipe is a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants creation. I researched several BBQ recipes online and in my cookbooks and combined bits and pieces of different things I liked about them. The result was a wonderful and tangy loose BBQ for sandwiches that is very easy to make and takes little hands-on time. My in-laws who are in their 70s both said it was the best BBQ they had ever had. It was awesome!
Provided by ENGLISHNWOODS2
Categories Everyday Cooking
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the roast into a slow cooker along with the water. Cover, and cook on LOW for 2 to 4 hours, or until beef can be easily shredded with a fork.
- Shred the beef, removing fat as you go. Remove 1/2 cup of the broth from the slow cooker, and reserve for later. Add the vinegar, brown sugar, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Mix in the salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic. Stir so that the meat is well coated.
- Cover, and continue to cook beef on LOW for an additional 4 to 6 hours. Add the reserved broth only if necessary to maintain moisture. Serve on toasted buns. The meat can be frozen for future use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.3 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Cholesterol 60.2 mg, Fat 13.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 16.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 594.5 mg, Sugar 9.3 g
TANGY BARBECUE HAM SANDWICHES
This is a quick, tasty recipe that everyone seems to like for lunch or dinner. Seeded buns are preferred at my house; No one likes the "wimpy" ones!
Provided by bunnee
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In 2-qt saucepan, combine soup, pineapple, root beer, onion, and brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 10 minutes.
- Add ham and toss gently to distribute.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for additional 5 minutes.
- Spoon ham onto buns or rolls and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 282.3, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 39.3, Sodium 1357.1, Carbohydrate 34.6, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 15, Protein 21.2
SLOW-COOKER TANGY ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICHES
Take just 10 minutes to prep this recipe. You'll not only get great sandwiches but if you're lucky, you'll have leftovers, too.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Spray inside of 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. If beef is tied, remove strings or netting. Place beef in cooker. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour dressing over beef.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove beef from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred beef, using 2 forks. Return beef to cooker; add Italian seasoning and mix well. Using slotted spoon to remove beef from cooker, fill each bun with about 1/3 cup beef. Serve with remaining juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Sandwich, Sodium 580 mg, Sugar 11 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "tangy barbecue sandwiches recipes"
TANGY BBQ SANDWICH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsServings 6Calories 370 per serving
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sprinkle with salt; cook, stirring frequently, until soft (about 7-9 minutes). Add vinegar, barbecue sauce, and 1/2 cup water; simmer 5 minutes. Add turkey to sauce mixture, and stir until thoroughly heated (about 3-5 minutes). Add pepper, taste, and season with additional salt, if needed.
- Arrange turkey evenly on bottom halves of buns; top each portion with additional sauce. Cover with bun tops; serve with pickles and hot sauce, if desired.
TANGY BBQ SANDWICHES - BEEF
Cuisine AmericanCategory SandwichServings 6Total Time 3 hrs
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef Shoulder Roast, Boneless in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add broth and garlic to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking liquid; reserve liquid. Trim and discard excess fat from cooked roast. Combine shredded roast and barbecue sauce in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently, adding enough reserved cooking liquid (up to 1/2 cup) to maintain a moist consistency, if necessary. Serve on rolls.
CAROLINA BBQ PORK SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SLOW COOKER TANGY BARBECUED BEEF SANDWICHES FROM ... RECIPE
RECIPE FOR TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES - ONLINE RECIPES FROM …
TANGY BARBECUED BEEF SANDWICHES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE …
TANGY BBQ SANDWICHES - WASHINGTON STATE BEEF COMMISSION
TANGY BARBECUE BEEF SANDWICHES RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
TANGY BARBECUED PORK SANDWICHES — PUNCHFORK
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME - MASTERCOOK
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES RECIPE
TANGY BBQ SANDWICH RECIPE | HEALTH.COM
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES - SANDWICH RECIPES QUICKRECIPES
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES - BBQ RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES - BIGOVEN.COM
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
TANGY BARBECUE BEEF SANDWICHES RECIPE
TANGY BARBECUED PORK SANDWICHES | STUBB'S
TANGY BBQ PORK SANDWICH RECIPE | SIDECHEF
TANGY BBQ SANDWICHES | BEEF LOVING TEXANS
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
BARBECUE PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE - LIFE TASTES GOOD
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | BARBECUE …
SWEET AND TANGY BARBECUE BEEF - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
RECIPE: TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES - RECIPELINK.COM
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES | RECIPE | BARBECUE SANDWICHES, …
TANGY BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPES > CROCK POT > HOW TO MAKE TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES
TANGY BARBECUE PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES - INSPIRED TASTE
BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
TANGY BARBECUE SANDWICHES | RECIPE | BARBECUE SANDWICHES, …
TANGY BARBECUED PORK SANDWICHES | RECIPE | PORK SANDWICH, …
TANGY BARBECUE BEEF SANDWICHES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE …
PULLED PORK WITH TANGY BARBECUE SAUCE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SWEET & SPICY PULLED BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES RECIPE
#course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #lunch #main-dish #beef #potluck #crock-pot-slow-cooker #sandwiches #meat #roast-beef #to-go #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love