Loaded with toppings that include black beans and corn, this knife-and-fork pizza is packed with southwestern flavor and served with avocado and sour cream on the side. Get ready to make mouths water. -Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 slices.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and chilies., Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan. Top with the beef mixture, cheese, beans, corn and olives., Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Toss avocado with lemon juice. Serve pizza with avocado and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 calories, Fat 17g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 721mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
TEX MEX PIZZA
This is quite tasty and very different from the normal pizza. It's also healthy -- the nutritional info says that a piece has 250 calories, 7 g fat, 31 g carbs, and 17 g protein.
Provided by wife2abadge
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2 pizzas, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Coat two 12-inch pizza pans with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Divide the bread dough in half and roll each portion into a 12-inch circle.
- Transfer to prepared pans and build up edges slightly.
- Prick dough thoroughly with a fork.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the beef, onion, yellow pepper, and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in refried beans, salsa, chilies, and chili powder; heat through.
- Spread over the crusts; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomatoes and lettuce; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67.3, Fat 3.1, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 12.7, Sodium 148.1, Carbohydrate 5.9, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 2.2, Protein 4.8
TEX-MEX STUFFED-CRUST PIZZA
Taco salad meets pizza in this quick-enough-for-a-weeknight dish. The surprise is in the crust -- a layer of gooey Cheddar cheese in every bite.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 425 F with a pizza stone on the bottom rack.
- Divide the pizza dough in half. Line a pizza peel or turned-over baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll one half of the dough into a 12-inch round on the parchment. Layer the sliced Cheddar over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Brush the border with olive oil. Roll the remaining piece of dough on another sheet of parchment into a 12-inch round and place it on top of the first crust. Lightly roll over the dough with the rolling pin to seal the rounds together, then fold the edges up and pinch them in place to form a crust border. Transfer the dough on the parchment to the pizza stone and bake until just cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir the spices into the beef. Clear a spot in the pan and add the tomato paste. Let toast for 1 minute, then stir into the beef. Add 1/2 cup water and simmer rapidly, stirring until the water has almost reduced away, about 2 minutes. Keep hot.
- Spread the beans on the crust, leaving a border. Spoon the meat over the top, then the pico de gallo. Mound the lettuce on the pizza and top with the grated Cheddar, avocado, sour cream and olives. Slice and serve immediately.
More about "tex mex pizza recipes"
TEX-MEX PIZZAS RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY | FOOD NETWORK
4.4/5 (8)Servings 8Cuisine MexicanAuthor Rachael Ray
- Press out 2 pizza shells on 2 cookie sheets. Spread 3/4 cup salsa on each pie and top with each pie with half of the shredded smoked cheese. Top each pie with half the vegetable blend and half of the sliced chorizo. Top with the shredded Monterey Jack and bake the pizzas for 15 minutes, until cheese is golden and toppings tender. Cut pizzas into squares and serve.
TEX-MEX PIZZA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (3)Total Time 26 minsServings 4Calories 808 per serving
- Place 2 tortillas on each of 2 large baking sheets. Sprinkle 1/3 cup beans and 1/2 cup cheese on each tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border. Bake 1 sheet at a time until edges are browned and cheese is bubbly, about 8 minutes. Cut into quarters, top with tomato, guacamole and salsa. Garnish with cilantro.
TEX-MEX PIZZA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
3/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrCategory Healthy Vegetarian Pizza RecipesCalories 201 per serving
- Place a pizza stone, baking tiles or inverted baking sheet on the lowest rack of the oven; preheat to 500 degrees F or highest oven setting.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces. Using your fists, stretch one piece into a 6-inch round. Alternatively, roll out with a rolling pin, on a lightly floured surface. (Keep remaining dough covered with a towel or plastic wrap.) Place on a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel or an inverted baking sheet, using enough cornmeal so that the dough slides easily. Stretch or roll a second round of dough and place beside the first.
- Arrange 1/2 cup tomatoes over each round of dough. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon jalapenos and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over the top.
- Carefully slide the pizzas onto the heated pizza stone, baking tiles or baking sheet and bake until the bottoms are crisp and browned, 10 to 14 minutes. Repeat with the remaining dough and toppings. Before serving, sprinkle each pizza with 1 teaspoon cilantro.
TEX-MEX PIZZA - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
GRILLED PIZZA - CHICKEN PIZZA RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
TEX MEX PIZZA – 3ABN RECIPES
BEST TEX-MEX PIZZETTAS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TEX-MEX PIZZETTAS
HOMEMADE TEX-MEX PIZZA RECIPE | PERDUE FARMS
RECIPE: DELICIOUS TEX-MEX PIZZA | GOODRECIPE.INFO
TEX-MEX PIZZA | CANADIAN LIVING
TEX MEX PIZZA RECIPE — OONI USA
TEX-MEX PIZZA - PIZZA TODAY
TEX-MEX PIZZA RECIPE, PIZZAS & PASTA RECIPES - TARLA DALAL
TEX-MEX PIZZA RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | RECIPES, CHIPOTLE …
TEX-MEX PIZZA | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
TEX MEX PIZZA RECIPE - TASTY PIZZA RECIPES AT WOMANSDAY.COM
TEX-MEX PIZZA RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
TEX-MEX BREAKFAST PIZZA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
TEX-MEX PIZZA RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
TEX-MEX PIZZA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS - BHG.COM
TEX-MEX PIZZA RECIPE | RECIPELAND
TEX-MEX PITA PIZZAS - FORKS OVER KNIVES
TEX MEX PIZZA RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
TEX-MEX-STYLE TACO PIZZA RECIPE - HOME CHEF
TEX MEX BARBEQUE PIZZA - JILL'S TABLE
24 EASY TEX MEX RECIPES | THE BEST TEX MEX DINNER RECIPES
QUICK TEX-MEX CONFETTI PIZZA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TEX MEX BREAKFAST PIZZA - FLY-LOCAL
TEX-MEX PIZZA RECIPE
TEX-MEX PIZZAS RECIPE
BEEFY TEX-MEX PIZZA RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
TEX MEX PIZZA RECIPE — OONI UNITED KINGDOM
TEX MEX TACO PIZZA RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
TEX-MEX CHICKEN PIZZA - WOMAN'S WORLD
TEX MEX PIZZA RECIPE — OONI EUROPE
BEST TEX-MEX CHICKEN PIZZA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TEX-MEX …
TEX MEX PIZZA | ISADORA
TEX-MEX PIZZA RECIPE | ALIVE | RECIPES, TEX MEX, FRESH FOOD
EGG FAST RECIPE – TEX MEX WHITE EGG PIZZA A LOW CARB KETO PIZZA …
TEX MEX PIZZA - LEARN LIKE A MOM!
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #pizza #dietary #one-dish-meal
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a pizza with enchilada sauce?Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce on each crust, then sprinkle with half the chopped chicken, 1/2 cup enchilado cheese, and 1/2 cup queso fresco. With a gentle thrust, slide one pizza off the cookie sheet onto the hot grilling stone.
Is this Mexican chicken pizza recipe Crave-worthy?This Mexican chicken pizza recipe is certainly crave-worthy. I can attest to that. And don’t worry if you don’t own a grill. This “grilled pizza” can be baked in the oven just as easily. I love throwing homemade pizza straight on the grill. However, sometimes the crust burns before the toppings are cooked through.
What is the best way to make chicken pizza?A Grilled Pizza everyone will love! This Chicken Pizza Recipe is topped with fresh and spicy Tex-Mex flavors. Place two 1-pound balls of pizza dough in two separate oiled bowls, and cover with damp tea towels. Allow the dough to rise for 1 1/2-2 hrs, until double in size. For the chicken, drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil.
How do you cook a pizza on a Weber grill?With a gentle thrust, slide one pizza off the cookie sheet onto the hot grilling stone. Close the grill cover and grill for 7-10 minutes until the crust in bubbly and brown on the bottom. Use the cookie sheet to remove it from the grill, and repeat with the remaining pizza.