BAKED ACORN SQUASH AND APPLES
This recipe is posted in response to a request for ways to use acorn squash. I've never tried it, but it looks excellent! I got it from Jackie Manni at The Post Punk Kitchen (a website of vegan recipes). I'm sorry the amounts aren't more specific, but this is what she posted!
Provided by Kree6528
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the acorn squash and scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Put a little water in a baking pan; place the halves face down and bake for 1/2 hour.
- Then, take it out and put the sliced apples in the middle (some will fall over the sides, it's okay); drizzle with canola oil and maple syrup, and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- Bake for another 1/2 hour to 40 minutes (until the apples are soft and browning).
- Put your acorn squash halves in individual plates; scoop up the stray apples and stray maple syrup and spoon over the squash.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.8, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 8.3, Carbohydrate 47.6, Fiber 7.6, Sugar 18.9, Protein 2.2
BAKED CHICKEN AND ACORN SQUASH
This eye-pleasing main dish is ideal for harvesttime with its colorful acorn squash and sweet peaches. The fragrance of rosemary-seasoned chicken baking is heavenly. My family says it's every bit as delicious as it smells.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends. Place slices in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. , In a large skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil. Arrange chicken over squash. Combine the brown sugar, rosemary and salt; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes, basting with pan juices twice. , Pour peaches over chicken and squash. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180°.
Nutrition Facts :
CREAMY BAKED ACORN SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place squash halves cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Divide cream and thyme among halves.
- Bake until squash is tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until cheese is melted and golden, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 5 g
ACORN SPICED SQUASH
When fall comes to Horsham, Pennsylvania, George Mankin likes to prepare this wonderful, cinnamon-and-maple flavored squash recipe. It's so quick and easy in the microwave and also, a good source of vitamins A and C, potassium and fiber.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pierce squash several times with a fork. Place on paper towels; microwave on high for 10 minutes. Let stand for 5-10 minutes., In a small bowl, combine the butter, syrup and vinegar. Combine the ginger, cinnamon and mace. Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Brush cut sides with butter mixture; sprinkle with spice mixture., Place on a large microwave-safe plate; cover with paper towels. Cook on high for 5-10 minutes or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 65mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "acorn squash with peaches recipes"
10 FAVORITE WAYS TO COOK ACORN SQUASH | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash. Apples, onions, and cheese make a sweet and savory filling for acorn squash halves. It's easy to follow the basic recipe and make changes to suit your taste—some reviewers left out the cheese, some added bacon, some reduced the brown sugar.
- Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash. "LOVED IT," says home cook, Debutante. "This recipe changed the way I thought about squash. Up until now, my only experience had been with the old-school butter and brown sugar approach—way too sickeningly sweet.
- Instant Pot Acorn Squash Stuffed with Italian Sausage. Use your multi-cooker every step of the way for this stick-to-your-ribs meal. No Instant Pot? No problem!
- Moroccan-Style Stuffed Acorn Squash. You'll love all the layers of flavor and texture. Couscous, garbanzo beans, raisins, celery, and carrots get spiced with cumin and stuffed inside acorn halves that have been brushed with butter and brown sugar.
- Butternut and Acorn Squash Soup. You can make this with the squash combo recommended in the recipe, or with all acorn squash. Some reviewers found the soup delicious but a bit too rich.
- Wild Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash. This hearty, vegetarian main dish is stuffed with wild rice, mushrooms, corn bread, and sage. Home cook Kathleen Woods Rubino says, "Delicious!
- Roasted Acorn Squash Salad. Serve this colorful salad at any autumn or winter meal. You can substitute fresh pomegranate seeds for the dried cranberries to get little bursts of flavor throughout.
- Cheesy Acorn Squash. A savory mix of mushrooms, onions, and celery is topped off with cheese and baked in acorn squash halves to make a cozy meal even meat-eaters love.
- Curried Stuffed Acorn Squash. Recipe creator Jenny B says, "Accidental recipes are the best and this one is no exception! This is a fancy vegetarian-lover's way to spice up squash without losing the smooth, subtle squash flavor.
- Fall-Infused Mashed Potatoes. Roasted acorn squash is mashed together with boiled potatoes to create a fall or winter side dish that goes way beyond ordinary mashed potatoes.
31 BEST ACORN SQUASH RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
BAKED CHICKEN, PEACHES AND ACORN SQUASH - A NATION …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED SQUASH WITH PEACHES - DR …
ACORN SQUASH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ACORN SQUASH RECIPE WITH PECANS - COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
ACORN SQUASH RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
ACORN SQUASH RECIPES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BROWN SUGAR AND PINEAPPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH | HBH
STUFFED ACORN SQUASH - ALTON BROWN
HOW TO PEEL AN ACORN SQUASH SO EASILY YOU'LL ACTUALLY BUY ONE
7 RECIPES THAT MAKE THE MOST OF ACORN SQUASH | KITCHN
ACORN SQUASH, 20 WAYS - FOOD.COM
33 OF THE BEST ACORN SQUASH RECIPES ON THE INTERNET
THE 20 BEST ACORN SQUASH RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
ACORN SQUASH RECIPES & RECIPE IDEAS
19 BEST ACORN SQUASH RECIPES - HOW TO COOK ACORN SQUASH
SIMPLY ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - UNPEELED JOURNAL
39 BEST ACORN SQUASH RECIPES TO TRY NOW | EPICURIOUS
ACORN SQUASH WITH APPLESAUCE - WEAVERS ORCHARD
PARMESAN HERB ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - SIMPLY SCRATCH
9 ACORN SQUASH RECIPES YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS FALL
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH SLICES | LAURA FUENTES
10 BEST ACORN SQUASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
MAPLE BUTTER ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH PECANS - RECIPE FOR …
10 BEST MAIN DISH TO GO WITH ACORN SQUASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH TOASTED PEPITAS | EARTH TO AMY
PERFECT ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - DINNER AT THE ZOO
26 BEST ACORN SQUASH RECIPES THAT ARE TOO GOOD TO BE JUST A …
ACORN SQUASH WITH BUTTER PECAN SAUCE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY ACORN SQUASH RECIPES & IDEAS | FOOD & WINE
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - LAUREN'S LATEST
ACORN SQUASH WITH PEACHES- WIKIFOODHUB
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH AND BRAISED PEARS | EMERILS.COM
ACORN SQUASH CHOWDER | PEPPERS AND PEACHES
EASY ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - EATING BIRD FOOD
ACORN SQUASH RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
HOW LONG DOES ACORN SQUASH LAST - YARDANDGARDENGURU.COM
ACORN SQUASH SALTIMBOCCA RECIPE - ANN TAYLOR PITTMAN | FOOD
ACORN SQUASH WITH BABY PEAS - ECO18.COM
BISON & APPLE ACORN SQUASH | LIFE IS PEACHES
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH BROWN SUGAR - SKINNYTASTE
30 BEST ACORN SQUASH RECIPES - HOW TO COOK ACORN SQUASH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook acorn squash?Apples, onions, and cheese make a sweet and savory filling for acorn squash halves. It's easy to follow the basic recipe and make changes to suit your taste—some reviewers left out the cheese, some added bacon, some reduced the brown sugar. You do your squash your way. 2. Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash "LOVED IT," says home cook, Debutante.
How to cook squash and Peaches in a pan?Directions Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. In a large skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil. Arrange chicken over squash. Pour peaches over chicken and squash. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180°.
What is acorn squash stuffed with?Acorn squash are stuffed with a mixture of cornbread, mushrooms, and wild rice flavored with sage to make an impressive vegetarian main course or side dish that's fit for a special occasion or holiday meal. Baked acorn squash topped with butter and garlic is a quick and easy side dish for the autumn dinner table.
What to serve with acorn squash for Thanksgiving?Nutty, savory, tart, and sweet, this roasted acorn squash with apples and cranberries makes a great autumn side dish that's perfect for Thanksgiving! Sugar, butter, and spices on roasted acorn squash.