BAKED TOFU WITH PEANUT SAUCE AND COCONUT-LIME RICE
A spicy, fragrant peanut sauce reminiscent of the groundnut stews that are popular across West Africa anchors this recipe. Any protein would be lucky to be doused and marinated in it, but tofu soaks up the peanut sauce's flavors and chars up nicely upon roasting. The tofu's neutral flavor allows the other flavors in the dish to break through. Red miso and fish sauce provide umami, honey lends a subtle sweetness and the lime zest in the coconut rice brightens it all. Finished with pickled peppers and fresh sliced scallions, this dish comes together to make an exciting but quick weeknight dinner.
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees and lightly brush a large rimmed sheet pan with oil.
- In a small bowl, stir 4 tablespoons lime juice with 1/2 teaspoon salt until salt dissolves. Add the sliced peppers, a few cracks of black pepper and set aside.
- In a small pot, combine the rice with 1 cup water and the coconut milk. Season with salt and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over medium-low until the rice is just tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 4 tablespoons lime juice with the peanut butter, miso, ginger, fish sauce (if using), habanero, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon honey and 3/4 cup water. Stir until smooth and season to taste with salt.
- Arrange the tofu pieces in a single layer on the oiled baking sheet and season with salt. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the peanut sauce over each, covering the top and allowing the sauce to run down and coat the sides. Drizzle the tops with some oil, and roast until glaze is set, deep brown and caramelized along the edges, 18 to 20 minutes. Add the remaining lime juice and 1 tablespoon honey to the leftover peanut sauce in the bowl to make the dressing; set aside.
- Divide the greens among bowls. Add the lime zest and half the sliced scallions to the rice, then fluff with a fork. Top the greens with the rice, then the tofu. Spoon the peanut dressing over everything, and garnish with the drained pickled peppers and remaining sliced scallions.
THAI BAKED TOFU AND COCONUT RICE
Marinated tofu with a spicy spinach and tomato sauce for dipping are offset by a creamy coconut rice.
Provided by Amergin
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Remove tofu from package and slice horizontally into 5 slices. Line a baking sheet with paper towels and set tofu on top. Place more paper towels on top of the tofu and weigh down tofu with a flat and heavy object. Press tofu for at least 1 hour or overnight to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer tofu to a deep dish. Whisk together water, beef base, and hoisin sauce. Pour over tofu and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Discard marinade and pat tofu dry. Slice tofu into 1-inch cubes and place on the prepared baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, combine spinach, tomatoes, chili sauce, yogurt, lime juice, olive oil, and basil in a blender. Blend on high until completely smooth. Refrigerate sauce to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring coconut milk and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve tofu and rice with spinach sauce on side for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 508.5 calories, Carbohydrate 53.1 g, Fat 28.2 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 15.6 g, SaturatedFat 17.5 g, Sodium 230.4 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
THAI TOFU W/RED CURRY SAUCE OVER COCONUT SCALLION RICE
I got this from a friend who adapted it from Vegetarian Planet cookbook. The rice is especially good the next day.
Provided by Chandra M
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- If using lime leaves (dried), soak in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Bring coconut milk, 2 1/2 cups water, 1 tsp salt to a boil, then add rice.
- Cover the pan and reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Pan fry tofu until golden brown.
- Drain on papertowel & set aside.
- Chop lime leaves in small pieces.
- In a food processor or blender, combine lime rind/leaves, 2/3 cup cilantro, garlic, & peanuts.
- Run the machine in spurts.
- With the machine running, add the fish sauce & 3 TBSP oil, then the chili sauce.
- Transfer mixture to bowl.
- Put broccoli and 1/2 cup water in pan.
- Cover and steam for 2 minutes.
- Add sauce, stir for 1 minute, then add tofu.
- Stir scallions into rice.
- Serve tofu curry over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 838.3, Fat 53.4, SaturatedFat 18.1, Sodium 1075.6, Carbohydrate 75, Fiber 8, Sugar 8.4, Protein 20.2
COCONUT CURRY TOFU
- Remove white parts of green onions, and finely chop. Chop greens into 2 inch pieces.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, mix coconut milk, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, brown sugar, curry powder, ginger, and chile paste. Bring to a boil.
- Stir tofu, tomatoes, yellow pepper, mushrooms, and finely chopped green onions into the skillet. Cover, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in basil and bok choy. Season with salt and remaining soy sauce. Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but crisp. Garnish with remaining green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.9 calories, Carbohydrate 16.9 g, Fat 13.2 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 16.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 679.5 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
THAI BAKED TOFU
I'm always on the lookout for simple baked tofu recipes. This one is influenced by Thai cuisine. The fiery curry flavored tofu is crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The recipe was found in The Giant Book of Tofu Cooking.
Provided by Dreamer in Ontario
Yield 24 triangles
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Cut each block of tofu in three slices that are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Stack the slices, then cut through all the layers diagonally, making an 'x' (The resulting shapes will look like triangles),.
- Combine the curry paste and soy sauce.
- In a lightly oiled baking dish, arrange the tofu triangles; cover them with the curry paste and soy sauce mixture (I like to skip the oil and line my dish with parchment paper. It helps with the clean up, too) .
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes, turning twice during the baking process.
More about "thai baked tofu and coconut rice recipes"
BAKED TOFU WITH TOASTED COCONUT RICE - FEED YOUR POTENTIAL
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory EntreesCalories 180 per serving
THAI COCONUT-TAHINI TOFU CURRY - SOOMFOODS.COM
QUICK THAI TOFU FRIED RICE (RESTAURANT STYLE) VIDEO RECIPE
BAKED COCONUT TOFU : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THAI BAKED TOFU AND COCONUT RICE | RECIPE IN 2021 | COCONUT RICE, …
BAKED TOFU CURRY RECIPE - VEGAN & EASY ONE PAN DINNER
PAN-FRIED TOFU WITH COCONUT RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRISPY COCONUT CRUSTED TOFU (VEGAN) - OKONOMI KITCHEN
THAI COCONUT CURRY TOFU - HEALTHIER STEPS
BAKED COCONUT TOFU WITH SPICED COCONUT RICE | SPICEBOX TRAVELS
THAI COCONUT SOUP WITH TOFU AND RICE RECIPE - PINCH OF …
THAI TOFU AND RICE - EDIBLE SARASOTA
THAI BAKED TOFU AND COCONUT RICE
THAI COCONUT RED CURRY WITH TOFU AND VEGETABLES - WORDPRESS.COM
THAI COCONUT CURRY WITH CRISPY TOFU AND RICE NOODLES
SPICY TOFU WITH THAI BASIL AND COCONUT RICE CAKES - ERECIPE
RECIPE FOR EASY THAI COCONUT RICE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CURRIED TOFU WITH COCONUT RICE MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
THAI BAKED TOFU | RECIPE | LIFESOURCE NATURAL FOODS
THAI BAKED TOFU AND COCONUT RICE - ZILLA.ML
ONE-PAN TOFU COCONUT CURRY - YAY! FOR FOOD
BAKED THAI TOFU - WHO NEEDS SALAD
BAKED TURMERIC AND COCONUT CRUSTED TOFU WITH THAI CHILI SAUCE …
VEGAN THAI COCONUT CURRY TOFU RECIPE - CHOOSING CHIA
VEGAN THAI BASIL FRIED RICE WITH BAKED TOFU - MY ECLECTIC BITES
VEGAN STIR FRY WITH COCONUT RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THAI RED CURRY TOFU RECIPE - A BEAUTIFUL PLATE
THAI GREEN CURRY WITH TOFU - THE HIDDEN VEGGIES
THAI FRIED RICE WITH TOFU RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRISPY BAKED TOFU PAD THAI - FLOURISH YOUR HAPPINESS
THAI TOFU AND VEGETABLE STIR-FRY WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPE (DAIRY …
THAI COCONUT CURRY RICE (EASY VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE)
THAI BAKED TOFU RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
PERFECT FLUFFY THAI COCONUT RICE (STOVETOP METHOD) - HINT OF HEALTHY
BAKED THAI TOFU SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
GREEN THAI COCONUT CURRY WITH TOFU AND BROWN RICE
THAI STYLE BAKED TOFU - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
EASY TOFU PAD THAI (VEGAN) | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
VEGAN THAI BASIL TOFU COCONUT CURRY - SHORTGIRLTALLORDER
THAI COCONUT CURRY FISH, SEAFOOD, CHICKEN OR TOFU WITH RICE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Thai tofu with coconut milk?Combine the coconut milk, red curry paste, and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking the mixture until smooth. Reduce to low heat. Add the fish sauce and lime leaves. Simmer until thickened and slightly reduced, and keep warm while you prepare the tofu and vegetable mixture.
How to make tofu baked rice?In a bowl mix together the non dairy milk, lime juice, gluten free flour, garlic powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the panko and coconut shreds. Dip the tofu into the batter then into the coating and place on a prepared baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes and then flip the tofu and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
How long does it take to cook coconut curry tofu?This Coconut Curry Tofu comes together in 30 minutes and is made Thai flavours! Rice, cilantro to serve. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add the tofu to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
How to cook Thai coconut curry rice?This Thai Coconut Curry Rice recipe is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. Ready in just 30 minutes! In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the carrots and bell pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened. Add the garlic, ginger, and curry paste and cook for another minute until fragrant.