THAI-STYLE CHICKEN SOUP WITH BASIL
This Thai-inspired soup has many layers in its complexity, but the overall effect is of cleanness and freshness.
Provided by Ruth Cousineau
Yield Makes 4 to 6 (main course) servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cut off and discard top of lemongrass, leaving 6-inch stalks, then finely chop. Cook lemongrass, shallots, and garlic in oil in a large heavy pot over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until well browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add stock, reserved tomato juice, tamarind, fish sauce, chiles, lime leaves, and ginger and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- While soup simmers, freeze chicken breast just until slightly firm, 20 to 30 minutes, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Strain stock through a fine-mesh sieve into a large saucepan, pressing hard on and then discarding solids. Return to a simmer and stir in chicken, diced tomatoes, snow peas, and basil. Gently simmer just until chicken is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with additional fish sauce and salt.
THAI BASIL CHICKEN SOUP WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOM FILLED CREPES AND THAI BASIL BUTTER ON TOASTED BAGUETTE
Provided by Roger Mooking
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 42
- Place the chicken, mushrooms, celery, carrot, onion, lemongrass, Thai basil, ginger, Thai chile, lime peel, bay leaves, and peppercorns in a large pot. Cover with cold water, approximately 2 to 2 1/2 quarts. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer, uncovered. Skim the top, removing the impurities throughout the cooking process. Cook for 1 hour at a low simmer. Remove the chicken from the pot. Remove the leg meat, pull into pieces and reserve for soup garnishes. Remove the remaining chicken and reserve for personal use. Strain the stock into a clean pot.
- For the Thai basil chicken soup garnishes: Bring the stock to a boil. Add the chile, if using, sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice. Season the mixture with salt. Add the pulled chicken meat, tomato, and cucumber. Serve the soup, piping hot, garnish with green onion, sesame oil, lime, and Thai basil.
- For the egg crepes: Place 2 tablespoons of melted butter in a bowl. Add the ginger, eggs, milk, sesame oil, and salt, and whisk well. Heat a nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Dab a paper towel in the remaining melted butter and coat the pan. Ladle a thin layer of crepe batter in the pan, coating the bottom evenly. Once the batter begins to bubble in the middle, flip the crepe and cook for 3 to 5 seconds on the other side. Remove the crepe from the pan and lay on a dry kitchen towel. Repeat the process with the remaining crepe batter.
- For the crepe filling and assembly: Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Saute the shiitake mushroom caps over the medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Season the mushrooms with salt, and pepper, set aside.
- Place one crepe on the cutting board. Place 2 spears of asparagus lengthwise, on one end of the crepe. Place a single layer of shiitake mushrooms over the asparagus. Roll the crepe beginning at one end. Place another crepe on the cutting board and roll the finished crepe inside. Cut the crepe on a diagonal into 3 pieces.
- Place the Thai basil in a blender and pour the melted butter over. Pulse quickly until just incorporated, ensuring not to bruise the Thai basil. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, place in the freezer for 5 minutes. Remove the butter from the freezer and whisk the mixture until well incorporated, return the Thai basil butter to the freezer. Once the butter has solidified, approximately 5 minutes, whisk again.
- Transfer the butter to a container and place in the refrigerator or freezer. Spread the Thai basil butter over the toasted baguette pieces.
THAI CHICKEN BASIL SOUP
- Heat oil in a 6-quart dutch oven until hot. Add onion and chile, and cook 10 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoons fish sauce. Cook one minute.
- Add broth, water, and half the basil; heat to boiling on high.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat to medium-high. Stir in chicken and uncooked noodles and heat to boiling. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove dutch oven from heat. Skim off fat.
- To serve, stir in lime juice, remaining fish sauce, and basil. Garnish with sprigs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.3, Fat 6.8, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 70.8, Sodium 756.6, Carbohydrate 48.5, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 1.9, Protein 23.9
THAI CHICKEN SOUP
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk and fish sauce; cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the bell peppers and noodles and simmer, uncovered, until the noodles are al dente, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer until just cooked through, about 3 more minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Add more fish sauce and lime juice, if desired.
AUTHENTIC THAI BASIL CHICKEN (VERY EASY AND FAST)
This only takes about 25 minutes to make. Very easy and fabulous flavor! This is very popular in Thailand. They sell this on the streets as well as in the restaurants. You won't believe how incredible this recipe is. It is my husband's and my new favorite. Serve with white rice.
Provided by Nancy Gibson
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir in chile peppers. Pour in water. Cook until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in basil before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.7 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 58.5 mg, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 25.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 1625.4 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
THAI CHICKEN CABBAGE SOUP
This is a low-fat, low-cal soup that's incredibly filling and delicious. I eat this at least once a week! I don't know how it tastes cold, though. Don't be afraid to vary the proportions of various foods on your own!
Provided by KLEENESTAR
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place chicken breasts and broth in to a stockpot or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the broth and set aside to cool.
- Put the leeks and carrots into the pot and simmer them for 10 minutes, or until tender. Shred the cooled chicken in to bite sized pieces and return it to the pot. Add the cabbage and egg noodles and cook another 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft. The soup should be thick like a stew. Serve hot and flavor to taste with Thai chili sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.9 calories, Carbohydrate 42.3 g, Cholesterol 61.3 mg, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 7.1 g, Protein 20.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 118.3 mg, Sugar 9.3 g
THAI CHICKEN WITH BASIL
Thai fish sauce, or nam pla, is a salty, watery, fermented sauce with a very pungent odor. It is used extensively in Southeast Asian cooking. You may be familiar with its flavor, as it's the key ingredient in the sauce accompanying deep-fried spring rolls served in Thai and Vietnamese restaurants.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cut each chicken breast into 4 pieces. Cook chicken, garlic and chiles in oil 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Stir in fish sauce and sugar. Sprinkle with basil, mint and peanuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 290 mg, Sugar 1 g, TransFat 0 g
THAI CHICKEN WITH BASIL
- Combine rice and 1 1/2 cups water in heavy-bottom pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, and cook the rice, covered, for 17 minutes.
- Trim and seed the jalapeño and the red pepper. Put from half the jalapeño to all of it, and as much of the red pepper as you like, into a food processor, and add the garlic, shallots and peppercorns. Process to make a coarse paste.
- Heat a nonstick pan (large enough to hold all the ingredients except the rice) until it is very hot. Reduce heat to medium high, and add the oil. Sauté the garlic mixture for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Finely chop the chicken breast in the food processor. Return pan to heat, and sauté the chicken, breaking it into tiny pieces while cooking.
- Add the fish sauce and sugar, and stir well. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the basil, reserving a few leaves for garnish. Return pan to heat, and stir the basil into the chicken mixture. Serve over rice, garnished with the remaining basil.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 737, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 90 grams, Fat 21 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 46 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 1542 milligrams, Sugar 19 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "thai chicken basil soup recipes"
THAI CHICKEN SOUP WITH BASIL AND LIME - MEDITERRASIAN
THAI COCONUT CHICKEN SOUP - SAVOR THE BEST
THAI BASIL CHICKEN (PAD KRAPOW GAI) - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
THAI BASIL CHICKEN - THAI RECIPES
THAI BASIL CHICKEN BOWLS - RECIPE RUNNER
THAI BASIL CHICKEN - WHISPER OF YUM
20 MINUTE THAI CHICKEN CURRY SOUP • SALT & LAVENDER
COZY THAI-INSPIRED CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - MINIMALIST BAKER ...
THAI CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
THAI CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
EASY THAI CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE L A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
AUTHENTIC THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE (ผัดกระเพราไก่)
10 BEST THAI BASIL SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
THAI BASIL CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
THAI CHICKEN SOUP WITH COCONUT MILK (TOM KA GAI) RECIPE
WICKED THAI CHICKEN SOUP - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
THAI BASIL CHICKEN BOWLS - DAMN DELICIOUS
CHICKEN & THAI BASIL STIR FRY - ANDREW ZIMMERN
CLASSIC THAI CHICKEN SOUP (TOM KHA GAI) RECIPE - COOK WITH ...
10 BEST THAI BASIL SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
THAI BASIL CHICKEN WONTON SOUP | SO MUCH FOOD
BETTER THAN TAKEOUT SWEET THAI BASIL CHICKEN. - HALF BAKED ...
THAI BASIL CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN THAI SOUP ǀ THAI SOUP RECIPES
CHICKEN THAI SOUP ǀ THAI SOUP RECIPES - SPICESINC.COM
THAI CHICKEN SOUP - RECIPE RUNNER
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
THAI RED CURRY NOODLE SOUP - DAMN DELICIOUS
THAI CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THAI BASIL NOODLE SOUP | BEETS & BONES
THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE | SALT AND PESTLE
THAI BASIL, LEMONGRASS & FORBIDDEN RICE SOUP | A THAI ...
THAI STIR-FRIED CHICKEN WITH BASIL RECIPE - VIET WORLD KITCHEN
THAI-STYLE CHICKEN SOUP WITH BASIL RECIPE
THAI CHICKEN SOUP - MEATIFIED
THAI CHICKEN COCONUT SOUP (TOM KHA GAI) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THAI SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH BASIL LEAVES - STREETSMART KITCHEN
THAI CHICKEN-BASIL SOUP - ONE POT RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
20-MINUTE THAI BASIL CHICKEN - GIMME SOME OVEN
THAI BASIL CHICKEN (PAD KRAPOW GAI) - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Thai chicken soup?A warming and delicately spiced Thai chicken soup accented with fresh basil and lime juice. HEAT the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. ADD the curry paste and garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
What can I make with Thai basil?Classic Thai ingredients like lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime, Thai basil, and chiles add a super flavorful and aromatic twist to tomato soup. In just 15 minutes you can make super tasty fried spaghetti with Thai basil, green curry, coconut milk, chicken, and veggies.
What kind of soup is Thai chili soup?This simple and nutritious soup has a wonderful blend of hot, sour, salty and sweet flavors that are characteristic of authentic Thai cuisine. We love hot and spicy food, so we also garnish this soup with slices of red chili to add an extra kick to the coconut-infused broth.
How do you make Thai red curry soup?To make this soup as easy to prepare as possible we use store bought Thai red curry paste ( Mae Ploy brand is our favorite), and shredded rotisserie chicken. We also add a few easy-to-prep, quick-cooking veggies — green beans, bean sprouts and scallions — to make it a substantial, yet light and refreshing soup.