AUTHENTIC THAI GREEN CURRY
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook bamboo shoots for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat and cook curry paste until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add pork, increase heat and cook until starting to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bamboo shoots, coconut milk, and red bell pepper. Reduce heat and bring to a simmer. Season with sugar and salt; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in kaffir lime leaves. Cook for 1 more minute. Season with fish sauce. Stir in Thai basil and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 638.1 calories, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 37.1 mg, Fat 65.3 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 41.2 g, Sodium 743.7 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
THAI GREEN CURRY
Recipe video above. This is how to make a really great QUICK green curry by pimping up curry in a jar, OR using a homemade green curry paste! Don't skip frying off the curry paste, this makes all the difference. See Spiciness info in Note 1 (remember, Green Curry is supposed to be spicy!)
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Heat oil in a heavy based skillet or pot over medium high heat.
- Add curry paste (and garlic, ginger and lemongrass Extras, if using) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until it mostly "dries out" - see video. Don't breath in the fumes!!
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk, mix to dissolve paste.
- Curry in a jar seasonings: Add 1 tsp fish sauce, 1 tsp sugar, no salt.
- Homemade curry paste seasonings: Add 3 tsp fish sauce, 3 tsp sugar, 1/8 tsp salt.
- Add kaffir lime leaves. Mix then bring to simmer.
- Add chicken, stir then lower heat to medium so it's bubbling gently. Cook 7 minutes.
- Add eggplants, cook 5 minutes until soft.
- Taste sauce. Add fish sauce or salt for more saltiness, sugar for sweetness.
- Add snow peas, cook 2 minutes until a bit softened, then stir through basil and lime juice. Sauce should have reduced but will still be a be on the thin side, not thick - that's how it's should be. DO NOT keep simmering - sauce will darken.
- Serve curry over jasmine rice with garnishes of choice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352 kcal, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 7 g, Fat 31 g, SaturatedFat 25 g, Sodium 54 mg, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 7 g, ServingSize 1 serving
AUTHENTIC THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE (แกงเขียวหวาน) - BEST TASTE!
In this Thai green curry chicken recipe (แกงเขียวหวานไก่) you'll find step by step instructions about how to make authentic home style Thai green curry. We'll first pound the green curry paste by hand, clean and chop the chicken, and boil it with rich coconut cream. The result of making your own Thai green curry is amazing!
Provided by Mark Wiens
Categories Thai recipes
Yield 1 pot
Number Of Ingredients 21
- The first step is to prepare your ingredients to pound your green curry paste. Remove the stems of the Thai green chilies, peel the garlic and shallots, thinly slice the galangal, cilantro roots, and lemongrass. For the kaffir lime, delicately slice off all the green bumpy peel. For the cumin and coriander seed, dry roast them in a hot skillet for 30 seconds to bring out the aroma.
- Pound all the green curry paste ingredients in a stone mortar and pestle, apart from the shrimp paste, which you'll add at the very end. Pounding can take 1 - 2 hours, and you're looking for a smooth pureed paste. One good measure of a Thai curry paste is that you shouldn't see any chili seeds remaining in your paste, they should all be pounded out.
- Once your paste is finished, add the shrimp paste, and mix and mash until it's evenly mixed in. Set your green curry paste aside.
- Prepare your whole chicken by gutting and cleaning it. Chop the entire chicken into bite sized pieces. Alternatively, you could use typical pieces like drumsticks and thighs, or boneless chicken breast.
- In a pot, add 2 cups of water, the green curry paste, your pieces of chicken, and toss in about 10 kaffir lime leaves broken in half (this is for a citrusy fragrance).
- Boil the chicken for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and most of the water has evaporated, leaving mostly the thick curry paste and chicken at the bottom of the pot.
- While the chicken is boiling, prepare the Thai eggplant by cutting them into quarters. Pluck the Thai sweet basil off the stems so you just have the leaves and set them aside. And finally julienne the red spur chilies.
- After about 10 minutes of boiling the chicken, add in the coconut cream, and bring to a boil, stirring delicately. At this stage you can taste test your curry to see if it needs more salt. Add salt accordingly, I added in about ½ tsp. of salt.
- Next add the Thai eggplant and red spur chilies and boil for just 2 - 3 minutes.
- The final step is to toss the the Thai sweet basil, turn off the heat, and just let the sweet basil wilt into the curry.
THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE BY TASTY
Craving Thai food for dinner? This chicken curry dish - with spicy green chilis, curry paste, creamy coconut milk, and plenty of veggies - comes together quickly and definitely delivers on flavor. Serve it over rice with lots of fresh lime! (*This chicken curry was 1 of 3 winners in our latest recipe challenge.)
Provided by Monika Sengupta
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a wok or deep skillet. Add chicken thighs to the pan and cook for a few minutes until almost cooked all the way. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and add the green chilies, shallot, bell peppers, carrots, green onions. Cook for about 30 seconds, then add the ginger and garlic. Cook for another minute until everything gets fragrant. Vegetables should still be crunchy.
- Add the Thai Green Curry paste and cook for a minute until everything comes together.
- Add the coconut milk to the pan and mix thoroughly. Let the curry cook for a few minutes until bubbling hot. Squeeze in some fresh lime.
- Add in the broccolini and the snap peas along with the chicken that you par cooked earlier. Let everything poach in the hot curry until the chicken is finished cooking fully - approximately another 3 to 4 minutes. Take care not to overcook the vegetables. Stir in the basil leaves a few seconds before serving.
- Serve hot over jasmine rice. Top with all the garnishes - red Thai peppers, green onions, cucumbers, more basil and a squeeze of lime.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1471 calories, Carbohydrate 117 grams, Fat 77 grams, Fiber 43 grams, Protein 98 grams, Sugar 43 grams
SLOW-COOKER THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, thai green curry paste, soy sauce, red bell pepper, green beans, red chili, coconut milk, salt, pepper, oil, rice
Provided by Jordan Ballantine
Yield 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sear the chicken in batches in a few tablespoons of oil, seasoning with salt and pepper as you go.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and spoon over the Thai green curry paste and drizzle over the soy sauce.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- Stir in the peppers, green beans, chilli, and coconut milk.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 472 calories, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 30 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 38 grams, Sugar 5 grams
NEXT LEVEL THAI GREEN CURRY
Blow people away with our ultimate Thai curry. It takes more effort, but once you taste the sour and sweet flavours tamed by coconut milk you won't look back
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat a dry frying pan and add the coriander and cumin seeds. Toast until they begin to colour and release their aromas. Remove from the heat, then grind to a powder using a pestle and mortar. Wrap the shrimp paste in foil and in the same dry pan, 'toast' the foil package for 2 mins on each side.
- Pound the garlic using a pestle and mortar, then add the shallots, coriander, chillies, galangal, turmeric and lemongrass. Finally, add the shrimp paste and ground spices and pound to a smoothish paste. Alternatively, whizz everything in a small blender or mini chopper in the same order or, for the best and easiest results, half pound in a pestle and mortar, then finish in the chopper. The recipe makes double so save half, but you can also make a much bigger batch if you want.
- To make the curry, open the cans of coconut milk, carefully remove the thick cream and spoon it into a warm wok or large frying pan. Cook it slowly, stirring all the time, until it reduces to a thick paste and the oil starts to separate. Add the sugar, let it dissolve then cook until caramelised and smoking. Stir in the green curry paste and cook for 1-2 mins. Add the chicken and stir well to coat in the paste.
- Pour in the rest of the coconut milk, scatter in the lime leaves and splash in half the fish sauce. Let the sauce bubble for about 10 mins until the oil in the coconut milk starts to come through to the surface and the chicken is cooked. Add the green beans and squeeze in the juice of 1 lime. Taste the sauce - you are after a hit of salt (from the fish sauce) sweet, (from the sugar) and sour (lime juice) - and adjust accordingly. Simmer everything for 5 mins more until the beans are just cooked. Scatter over the Thai basil and red chilli, then bring to the table in the cooking dish and serve with jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 510 calories, Fat 40 grams fat, SaturatedFat 31 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 1.9 milligram of sodium
More about "thai green curry recipes"
OUR 9 BEST THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley Sugg
SKILLET GREEN CURRY CHICKEN - CLOSET COOKING
THAI GREEN CURRY - AUTHENTIC THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY ...
EVERYDAY CHICKPEA THAI GREEN CURRY | UP BEET KITCHEN
VEGETARIAN THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
VEGETARIAN THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
THAI GREEN CURRY CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE – HOW TO PREPARE THE AUTHENTIC ...
BEST THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
GREEN CURRY - THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE - RASA MALAYSIA
THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
THAI GREEN CURRY | THAI RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BEST THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER
THAI GREEN CURRY - DAVID LEBOVITZ
THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CURRY RECIPES
THAI GREEN CURRY CHICKEN — BLUE DRAGON
THAI GREEN CURRY SOUP - GIMME SOME OVEN
THAI GREEN CURRY FROM SCRATCH - GLEBE KITCHEN
VEGAN THAI GREEN CURRY - LOVING IT VEGAN
THAI GREEN CURRY WITH SPRING VEGETABLES - COOKIE AND KATE
RECIPES » TEMPLE OF THAI
THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
UNCLE ROGER THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE 2022 - ONE LIFE FOOD
THAI GREEN CURRY CHICKEN - THE WOKS OF LIFE
THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE - แกงเขียวหวานไก่ | TASTE OF THAILAND
THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE: DELICIOUS AND AUTHENTIC THAI RECIPE!
GREEN THAI CURRY WITH CHICKEN - AVERIE COOKS
THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - NEILS HEALTHY MEALS
THAI GREEN CURRY - PINCH OF NOM
THAI GREEN CURRY COCONUT SAUCE RECIPE - GRACE PARISI ...
BEST AUTHENTIC THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE (QUICK & EASY)
EASY HOMEMADE THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
THAI GREEN CURRY PASTE RECIPE | RECIPETIN EATS
THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE | PICKLED PLUM
30-MINUTE THAI GREEN CURRY | FEASTING AT HOME
VEGETARIAN THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE | INDIAN STYLE THAI ...
BEST-EVER THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE - FROM MY BOWL
COOK THAI GREEN CURRY IN 20 MINS | SIMPLY COOK
THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE - HAPPY HEALTHY MAMA
#curries #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #chicken #meat #chicken-breasts
You'll also love