THAI SHRIMP AND NOODLES
Shrimp lovers will dive into this speedy skillet dish that gets its Asian flavor from ginger, peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. "My family loves it," writes Ramona Heflin of Farmersville, Ohio, who sent in the recipe.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine shrimp and salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. , In a small bowl, combine the broth, cilantro, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, ginger and pepper flakes; set aside. In a large skillet, saute carrots and onions in oils for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. , Drain and discard marinade. Add shrimp to vegetables; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture and peanut butter mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts :
SHRIMP PHAD THAI
- Put the noodles in a medium bowl with hot water to cover. Soak until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and set aside. Whisk the sugar with the fish sauce and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot and add 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil. Pour in the eggs, tilting the skillet as you pour to make a thin, even coating of egg. Cook until just set, about 45 seconds. Invert the eggs onto a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Add another 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil to the same skillet and heat over high heat. Add the shrimp, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper flakes, and salt, to taste. Stir-fry until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil over high heat. Add the garlic, shallots, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add the tofu and cook about 2 minutes more. Add the noodles and cook, tossing, until lightly coated with the garlic mixture, about 1 minute. Add the fish sauce mixture and large scallion pieces and heat through. Stir in the cooked egg and shrimp, 1 cup of the sprouts, and the 1/3 cup peanuts and toss until hot. Divide the Phad Thai among plates and top with the remaining sprouts, additional peanuts, and chopped scallions. Serve immediately with the lime wedges and Sri Racha.
THAI SHRIMP AND NOODLES
- In a 4 qt Dutch oven, bring a large amount of water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook 4 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pink.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine peanut butter and soy sauce.
- Stir in vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil, gingerroot, and garlic.
- Drain spaghetti mixture and return to pan.
- Add peanut butter mixture, green onions and nuts.
- Toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407.9, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 95.5, Sodium 1248.6, Carbohydrate 42.4, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 3.2, Protein 25
- Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions.
- Combine the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and chili paste to make the Thai shrimp sauce. Pour Thai shrimp sauce into a 10-inch non-stick pan. Turn heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Add the shrimp, and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until shrimp is tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add cilantro to sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings, pour over noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309.5 calorie, Fat 2.2 grams, SaturatedFat 0.42 grams, Carbohydrate 46.2 grams, Fiber 0.75 grams, Protein 24.9 grams
THAI LIME SHRIMP & NOODLES
The flavors just keep popping in this quick dinner! Use as much lime zest and chili paste as you like. My family is into spicy foods, but I kept the heat moderate in this version. -Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Remove 1 tablespoon mixture; toss with shrimp., Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the shrimp mixture; stir-fry 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp mixture., Add broth, coconut milk, salt and remaining basil mixture to same pan. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in lime zest., Drain pasta; add pasta and shrimp to sauce, tossing to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462 calories, Fat 17g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 141mg cholesterol, Sodium 874mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
THAI-STYLE SWEET AND SALTY SHRIMP
Made of equal parts sugar, fish sauce and vinegar, the sauce in the famous pad Thai at Kris Yenbamroong's Night + Market restaurants in Los Angeles is too good to be used exclusively on rice noodles. This adaptation is simmered with a tangle of shrimp, peanuts, scallions, chile and lime juice for for a sweet, salty stir-fry. Add a quick cooking vegetable, like peas, thinly sliced asparagus or bean sprouts, with the shrimp, or substitute tofu, salmon or cubed boneless chicken thighs for the shrimp. Serve over shredded cabbage, rice, a roasted sweet potato or rice noodles.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories dinner, quick, weekday, seafood, main course
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pat the shrimp very dry and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium (10-inch) nonstick skillet, stir together the sugar, fish sauce and vinegar. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium-high heat. When the mixture comes to a simmer, add the shrimp and cook until pink on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Add the peanuts, scallions, lime juice and red-pepper flakes and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
THAI STYLE SHRIMP
A dish made in half an hour! Plump shrimp are sauteed quickly and then simmered in coconut milk infused with garlic and ginger. Serve with white rice and steamed broccoli for a luscious quick dinner.
Provided by Colleen Moir
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the garlic, ginger, jalapeno, salt and turmeric in the container of a food processor or blender. Process to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until translucent, stirring frequently. Mix in the spice paste, and cook for a few minutes to release the oils.
- Add shrimp, and cook for a few minutes until pink, then add the tomatoes and coconut milk. Cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, then remove the lid and simmer an additional 5 minutes to thicken the sauce. Stir in the fresh basil during the last minute of cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8.2 g, Cholesterol 172.9 mg, Fat 20.1 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 20.9 g, SaturatedFat 12.1 g, Sodium 501.7 mg, Sugar 3 g
SHRIMP FRIED NOODLES - THAI-STYLE
- Place the noodles in a large bowl, and cover with hot water. Soak for 15 minutes. Soak bean sprouts in cold water. Drain just before using.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, and fry until fragrant. Add the shrimp; cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Mix in the sugar, fish sauce and ketchup. Pour in the eggs, and stir for a minute. Add the noodles; stir-fry until they are coated with the sauce. Mix in half of the bean sprouts, and fry until soft.
- Place on a serving plate. Set remaining bean sprouts, cilantro and lemon wedges on a separate plate to top individual servings as desired. Sprinkle the noodles with dried shrimp, peanuts, and chili powder. Top with green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 642.2 calories, Carbohydrate 103.3 g, Cholesterol 175.4 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 20.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 646.9 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch; set aside.
- Place a skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add the oil, garlic and jalapenos; sauté for 2 minutes, add the shrimp, red pepper flakes and continue to cook until shrimp turn white; 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the basil and mint; stir in the lime juice mixture and cook an additional 2 minutes; or until shrimp are pink and thoroughly cooked serve over a bed of jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 526.9, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 345.6, Sodium 583, Carbohydrate 52.5, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 5.9, Protein 51.1
More about "thai shrimp with emerald noodles recipes"
THAI GRILLED PRAWNS WITH EMERALD NOODLES | COOKSTR.COM
THAI-STYLE SHRIMP & NOODLES MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
SHRIMP PAD THAI - JULIA'S ALBUM
THAI PEANUT SHRIMP - EASY COMFORT FOOD RECIPES
THAI SHRIMP AND NOODLES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SHRIMP AND VEGETABLE PAD THAI | EMERILS.COM
THAI SHRIMP AND NOODLES RECIPE – MOMMY PLUS MORE
QUICK SHRIMP THAI NOODLES STIR-FRY - EASY AND DELISH
SHRIMP RECIPES FROM THE THAI KITCHEN
THAI SHRIMP AND NOODLES - TASTE AND TELL
THAI SHRIMP NOODLES - DAMN DELICIOUS
THAI-STYLE SPICY SHRIMP AND NOODLES RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
COLD THAI NOODLES WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
THAI NOODLES WITH SHRIMPS - COOKING WITH FAMILY
THAI NOODLES WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - CELEBRATIONS AT HOME
THAI SHRIMP NOODLES IN A JAR - EASY HEALTHY-ISH RECIPES
34A. SHRIMP CRISPY NOODLE | PHở & THAI CUISINE
10 BEST THAI SHRIMP WITH RICE NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
THAI SHRIMP RECIPES - THAI RECIPES
RECIPE FOR REAL SHRIMP PAD THAI WITH NOODLES
EASY THAI SHRIMP CURRY - ONCE UPON A CHEF
THAI SHRIMP AND NOODLES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SPICY THAI NOODLES WITH SHRIMP - TWO SOUTHERN SWEETIES
THAI PEANUT NOODLES WITH SHRIMP • KROLL'S KORNER
THAI SHRIMP AND NOODLES RECIPE FROM H-E-B
SHRIMP THAI RICE NOODLES: EASY AND DELICIOUS 30 MINUTE ...
THAI SHRIMP AND GLASS NOODLES | GOONG OB WOONSEN | COOKING ...
18 THAI SHRIMP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE THAI-STYLE SHRIMP AND COCONUT NOODLES - BEST ...
THAI SHRIMP AND SESAME NOODLES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
10 MINUTE SHRIMP ZOODLE PAD THAI | GIMME DELICIOUS
SPICY THAI SHRIMP RECIPE WITH VEGETABLE NOODLES - JESSICA ...
SWEET THAI SHRIMP CURRY WITH PEANUT NOODLES. - HALF BAKED ...
THAI-STYLE COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP NOODLE BOWLS. - HOW SWEET EATS
RECIPE THAI GREEN CURRY SHRIMP WITH NOODLES
RED CURRY NOODLES WITH SHRIMP | THAI KITCHEN
SHRIMP PAD THAI - ONCE UPON A CHEF
EASY SHRIMP PAD THAI | THAI KITCHEN - MCCORMICK
THAI SHRIMP NOODLE SOUP - RASA MALAYSIA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Thai Shrimp noodles?Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions. Combine the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and chili paste to make the Thai shrimp sauce. Pour Thai shrimp sauce into a 10-inch non-stick pan. Turn heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Add the shrimp, and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until shrimp is tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
How to make pad Thai noodles?Add shrimp; stir fry just until shrimp turn pink. Add rice noodles, Pad Thai sauce and green onions; stir fry 3 to 4 minutes or noodles are tender. 3 STIR in bean sprouts and scrambled egg. Place noodle mixture on serving platter. Sprinkle with peanuts.
How to cook Thai shrimp for stir fry?Pour Thai shrimp sauce into a 10-inch non-stick pan. Turn heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Add the shrimp, and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until shrimp is tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add cilantro to sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings, pour over noodles.
How to make shrimp pad Thai?1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon tamarind paste, to taste (available at Asian/Indian food stores) 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili sauce (or 1/3 to 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste) For an easier version of this recipe, see: Quick & Easy Shrimp Pad Thai . Gather the ingredients. Bring a large pot of water to boil, then switch off heat.