THE BEST SHEPHERD'S PIE
We stuck with tradition and made our shepherd's pie with lamb, but you could easily swap in ground beef. The saucy filling is packed with tender vegetables and the creamy topping is inspired by the Irish potato dish, colcannon, and is filled with cabbage, leeks and cheese.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the topping: Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Season with 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and reserve the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, onion, celery, garlic, thyme and 2 teaspoons salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook until it turns brick red, about 8 minutes. Add the lamb, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until the meat is no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the peas. Stir in the flour until incorporated, about 1 minute. Add the broth and Worcestershire and cook until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- To finish the topping, melt the butter in the large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cabbage and leeks and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the heavy cream, 1 tablespoon salt, and a few grinds of black pepper, and cook until warm, about 1 minute. Return the potatoes to the pan with the cabbage and add the cheese. Mash with a potato masher or wooden spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in the egg yolks.
- Transfer the filling to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Add the topping, swirling to create texture. Make sure that the sides are sufficiently covered so the filling doesn't leak through. Bake until the filling is bubbly and the top is lightly golden, about 35 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
BEST SHEPHERD'S PIE
This is the best shepherds pie recipe I've ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.-Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream. Add salt and pepper; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef with onion and red pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir garlic salt into meat mixture. Stir in the soup, corn and milk. , Spread meat mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes; drizzle with butter. , Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 30-35 minutes. For additional browning, place under broiler for a few minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 calories, Fat 17g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 69mg cholesterol, Sodium 626mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
THE SUPREME SHEPHERD'S PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place roast beef in an even layer in bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Cover with sliced onions, then gravy. Spread mashed potatoes over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until potatoes are browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.3 calories, Carbohydrate 43.8 g, Cholesterol 52.3 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 19.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 862.9 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
More about "the supreme shepherds pie recipes"
THE BEST CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE - THE WHOLESOME DISH
25 BEST SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
SHEPHERD'S PIE SUPREME RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SHEPHERD'S PIE: 25+ BEST SIDE DISH RECIPES
JAMIE OLIVER'S SUPER FOOD FAMILY CLASSICS: SUPER SHEPHERD'S PIE …
SHEPHERDS PIE SUPREME - BIGOVEN.COM
THE SUPREME SHEPHERD'S PIE | SHEPHERDS PIE RECIPE, SHEPHERDS PIE ...
CLASSIC HOMEMADE SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
THE SUPREME SHEPHERD'S PIE
PILAR VALDES' SHEPHERD’S PIE - THE DREW BARRYMORE SHOW
SHEPHERD'S PIE SUPREME RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
OLD FASHIONED SHEPHERD'S PIE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
RECIPES/THE-SUPREME-SHEPHERDS-PIE.JSON AT MASTER · …
THE SUPREME SHEPHERD'S PIE | RECIPESTY
BEST SOPHIE’S SHEPHERDS PIE WITH CHAMP RECIPES - FOOD …
RECIPE THE SUPREME SHEPHERDS PIE - YOUTUBE
THE SUPREME SHEPHERD'S PIE TASTY RECIPES - FOOD GRABS
THE BEST AUTHENTIC SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - SCRAMBLED CHEFS
THE SUPREME SHEPHERD'S PIE
THE SUPREME SHEPHERD’S PIE – DRSTARVE
SHEPHERD'S PIE SUPREME - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
SHEPHERD'S PIE SUPREME – COOKING RECIPES
SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
THE SUPREME SHEPHERD'S PIE | SHEPHERDS PIE, ROAST BEEF RECIPES, …
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE (AND HOW TO FREEZE IT!) - SALT & BAKER
POT ROAST SHEPHERD'S PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CLASSIC SHEPHERD’S PIE – JULIA PACHECO
COTTAGE PIE RECIPE (BEST SHEPHERDS PIE) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
MEDIUM SUPREME SHEPHERD’S PIE (COMFORTABLY SERVES UP TO 20 …
THE SUPREME SHEPHERD'S PIE - EUROPEAN RECIPES
SHREDDED BEEF SHEPHERD'S PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SUPER SHEPHERD'S PIE - ART AND THE KITCHEN
CHEESECAKE FACTORY SHEPHERD’S PIE. BEST COPYCAT RECIPE
BEST AMERICAN RECIPES: THE SUPREME SHEPHERD'S PIE
SUPER SIMPLE SHEPHERD'S PIE [RECIPE] - LIFE WITH LESS MESS
INA GARTEN SHEPHERDS PIE - HALF-SCRATCHED
CAMPBELL'S TOMATO SOUP HAMBURGER PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE SUPREME SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love