CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA
Our college-age daughter, two of her friends and a nephew ate a quart of this salsa with chips in one sitting. They loved it so much that they each took a quart home with them. So be sure to make lots! -Carol Carpenter, Jansen, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Stir in the tomato paste, vinegar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring frequently. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 28 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 344mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
THE BEST FRESH TOMATO SALSA
- Stir the tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5 calories, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 25.1 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
This fresh-tasting salsa is wonderfully chunky. If you like it hotter, add more habanero peppers; if you prefer a mild salsa, add fewer. -Dana Hayes, Canton, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7 pints.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds with water; bring to a boil. Score an "X" on the bottom of each tomato. Using a slotted spoon, place tomatoes, one at a time, in boiling water for 30-60 seconds. Remove tomatoes and immediately plunge in ice water. Discard peel; chop tomatoes., In a stockpot, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until desired thickness., Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 18 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 131mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
THE BEST CANNING SALSA
- Combine tomatoes, onions, vinegar, tomato paste, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, banana peppers, sugar, garlic, pickling salt, and black pepper in a large stockpot; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 30 minutes. Mix cilantro into salsa.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack salsa into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 35 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143.5 calories, Carbohydrate 32.8 g, Fat 0.9 g, Fiber 6.9 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 1325.3 mg, Sugar 21.1 g
ULTIMATE TOMATO SALSA
- Combine the tomatoes, red onion, garlic, white wine vinegar, lime juice and coriander in a bowl. Stir, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 29 calories, Fat 0.2 grams fat, Carbohydrate 5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA
I thought this was pretty good until I brought it to a family gathering and my brother and sister stood over it and ate it all, they thought it was great. I'm asked to bring it to all family gatherings. My brother grows the most beautiful organic tomatoes, so I use his whenever I can. During the winter I use canned petite diced tomatoes. I leave the skin on my tomatoes and keep the seeds in. I hand chop everything.
Provided by Christi W
Yield 1 batch, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine all ingredients and gently stir well.
- Refrigerate to give flavors time to mix, I usually refrigerate for about an hour.
- We eat with tortilla chips, but the possibilities are endless.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53.6, Fat 0.3, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 707, Carbohydrate 11.5, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 5.9, Protein 3.1
CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA
This salsa has a very nice flavor & isn't too hot if you omit the jalapeno seeds. It's great for using fresh veggies from the garden but can easily be scaled down to accommodate non-gardeners. A food processor makes quick work of the chopping, but be careful not to overprocess or you'll end up with mushy veggies. Wear gloves when handling the hot peppers.
Provided by MMers
Yield 12 500ml (2 cup) canning jars
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In REALLY large, heavy pot (we use a corn pot) combine all ingredients.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for about 60 minutes or until thickened.
- Since we usually make a huge batch of this salsa all at once, we do put it into a hot water bath and process it for about 20 minutes. Smaller batches can be made and frozen for use within one month.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.4, Fat 0.8, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 787.1, Carbohydrate 40.1, Fiber 5.9, Sugar 29.6, Protein 4.3
THICK TOMATO SAUCE
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add onion and garlic and cook over medium low heat, stirring, until the onion is soft but not brown. Add remaining ingredients including liquid from the tomatoes.
- Adjust heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until the sauce is very thick and no longer liquid, about 30 minutes. Stir sauce from time to time to prevent sticking.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 102, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 542 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams
More about "thick tomato salsa recipes"
THICK AND CHUNKY SALSA - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Place tomatoes in fine mesh strainer set over a large bowl and sprinkle with salt; let drain 30 minutes. Discard liquid. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process one-third of drained tomatoes until smooth. Transfer puree to bowl with onion mixture and add remaining drained tomatoes to bowl. Toss to combine. Allow salsa to sit at room temperature for 1 hour to develop flavors before serving. (Salsa can be refrigerated in airtight container for 2 days.)
CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA | MIDWEST LIVING
3/5 (1)Total Time 3 hrs 25 minsServings 5Calories 33 per serving
- If desired, peel tomatoes. Seed, core, and coarsely chop tomatoes (you should have 14 to 15 cups). Place chopped tomatoes in a large colander; let stand and drain for 30 minutes.
- Transfer drained tomatoes to an 8- to 10-quart stainless-steel, enamel or nonstick heavy pot. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Anaheim peppers, onion, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, jalapeño pepper, tomato paste, garlic, salt, crushed cumin seeds and black pepper. Return mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Ladle hot salsa into hot, sterilized pint canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
SMOOTH AND THICK HOMEMADE SALSA - HOMEMADE BY …
CHUNKY FRESH TOMATO SALSA - BLESS THIS MESS
MY FAVORITE SALSA FOR CANNING-TUTORIAL - AN OREGON …
CHUNKY HOMEMADE SALSA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHUNKY SALSA RECIPE - APPETIZER - VEGAN IN THE FREEZER
RESTAURANT STYLE SALSA WITH CANNED TOMATOES
CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA | FOODLAND ONTARIO
CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
THE BEST CHUNKY SALSA RECIPE FOR CANNING
CHUNKY SALSA RECIPE : HOMEMADE TOMATO SALSA DIP! – …
CANNING SALSA - CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA FROM BETTER …
HOMEMADE RESTAURANT STYLE SALSA | EASY MEXICAN SALSA FRESCA …
BEST SALSA RECIPE USING CANNED TOMATOES (JUST 5 INGREDIENTS)
MEXICAN TOMATO SALSA | CHUNKY SALSA RECIPE - RESHKITCHEN
CHUNKY TOMATO-ONION SALSA/DIP(SPICY). | ISLAND SMILE
EASY TO MAKE CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA - DRJOCKERS.COM
FRESH CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TOMATO SALSA …
HOMEMADE CHUNKY SALSA RECIPE FOR CANNING THAT’S FARM FRESH …
LARRY’S CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA - LARRY'S ALL NATURAL
CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA RECIPE– CARVED CULTURE
5 MINUTE RESTAURANT SALSA - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TOMATO SALSA RECIPE - FUN FOOD FROLIC
HOW TO MAKE THICK TOMATO SALSA - YOUTUBE
CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA – SBCANNING.COM – HOMEMADE CANNING …
CHUNKY SALSA - OUT GRILLING
CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA RECIPE - DRAXE.COM
RESTAURANT STYLE CANNED TOMATO SALSA - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
HOMEMADE CHUNKY SALSA RECIPE
CHUNKY MEXICAN SALSA RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
FRESH TOMATO SALSA RECIPE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CHUNKY SALSA RECIPE FOOD PROCESSOR - BE A BEAUTIFUL WEBLOGS …
THICK AND TANGY SALSA RECIPE - DEB AND DANELLE
FRESH TOMATO SALSA RECIPE - EVOLVING TABLE
CHUNKY FRESH TOMATO SALSA - MIDWEST LIVING
CHUNKY TOMATO SALSA - PRODUCE DEPOT
SMOKED SALSA (THICK, CHUNKY & SMOKY!) - COOK WHAT YOU LOVE
HOW TO THICKEN SALSA? (2 EFFECTIVE SALSA THICKENING INGREDIENTS TO …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Chunky salsa with tomatoes?Place tomatoes in a large colander; let drain 30 minutes. Place tomatoes in 8-quart Dutch oven. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until thickened (consistency of chunky salsa); stir frequently. Stir in Anaheim peppers, jalapeño peppers, onions, cilantro, garlic, vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper.
Can you use any type of tomato for salsa?That said, you can use any type of tomato you want, but the salsa will be a less thick than with Roma tomatoes. This chunky salsa recipe for canning is made from big, juicy chunks of tomatoes, onions and peppers, but you can chop them more finely if you prefer.
How to make homemade salsa from scratch?Directions. Combine tomatoes, onions, vinegar, tomato paste, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, banana peppers, sugar, garlic, pickling salt, and black pepper in a large stockpot; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 30 minutes. Mix cilantro into salsa. Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes.
What is the best way to cook salsa?Chop onions, garlic, cilantro, chunky and put them into your large pot with other ingredients. . Add salt, sugar and cumin powder. Bring salsa to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer, and simmer for 30 minutes stirring every few minutes.