TOFU BREKKIE PANCAKES
Silken tofu is the secret to making a stack of fluffy, thick, American-style vegan pancakes without gluten, eggs or dairy
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Scatter the nuts over a baking tray and cook for 5 mins until toasty and golden. Leave to cool, then chop. Turn the oven down low if you want to keep the whole batch of pancakes warm, although I think they are best enjoyed straight from the pan.
- Put the tofu, vanilla, lemon juice and 200ml of the milk into a deep jug or bowl. Using a stick blender, blend together until liquid, then keep going until it turns thick and smooth, like yogurt. Stir in the oil and the rest of the milk to loosen the mixture.
- Put the dry ingredients and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine and aerate. If there are any lumps in the sugar, squish them with your fingers. Make a well in the centre, pour in the tofu mix and bring together to make a thick batter.
- Heat a large (ideally non-stick) frying pan and swirl around 1 tsp oil. For golden pancakes that don't stick, the pan and oil should be hot enough to get an enthusiastic sizzle on contact with the batter, but not so hot that it scorches it. Test a drop.
- Using a ladle or large serving spoon, drop in 3 spoonfuls of batter, easing it out gently in the pan to make pancakes that are about 12cm across. Cook for 2 mins on the first side or until bubbles pop over most of the surface. Loosen with a palette knife, then flip over the pancakes and cook for 1 min more or until puffed up and firm. Transfer to the oven to keep warm, if you need to, but don't stack the pancakes too closely. Cook the rest of the batter, using a little more oil each time. Serve warm with sliced banana, berries, toasted nuts and a good drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 47 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 1.6 milligram of sodium
More about "tofu brekkie pancakes recipes"
FRIED TOFU AND EGG PANCAKE RECIPE (TAHU TELUR)
POTATO AND TOFU PANCAKES (TOFU LATKES) RECIPE - VIET …
TOFU PANCAKES - ANNA BANANA
4.7/5 (44)Total Time 20 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 330 per serving
- In a large bowl, blend together tofu, vanilla and milk, until smooth and thick batter forms. Use an electric mixer or blender if needed.
TOFU VEGGIE PANCAKES - HEALTHY WORLD CUISINE
Ratings 1Calories 261 per servingCategory Appetizers/ Snacks, Main Course
- Place your drained tofu in a bowl with salt and sprinkle on the salt. Let the tofu marinate for about 5 minutes (This process helps the water escape from the tofu, a tofu press if you have one of those would also be a great option). Drain the water from the tofu and mash with fork. Add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and mix well. You may need to add a little more cornstarch to get the right consistency, depending on how well you drained the water. You are looking for it to be the same consistency as super thick ricotta cheese or if you held your spoon on a tilt it stays on the spoon. Set aside.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in wok and sauté the bamboo shoots, bell peppers, leeks, mushrooms just until the vegetables start to become aromatic or about 1 minute. Add tamari (soy) sauce, white powder, 5 spice powder, and orange zest and stir until well incorporated.
- Spray your non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and heat up to medium. Drop tablespoon of the tofu mixture into the pan and flatten gently. Fry gently about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on each side. Be very careful when you turn them as they are very fragile. Also do not put your tofu veggie pancakes to close to one another in the pan or it will make it difficult to flip over. (If your first tofu veggie pancake was too difficult to turn, you need to add more cornstarch to your tofu veggie pancake batter and try it again.)
TOFU BREKKIE PANCAKES CRATED BY JANE HORNBY WITH EASY
TOFU BREKKIE PANCAKES | RECIPE | RECIPES, BBC GOOD FOOD
GUILT FREE CHOCOLATE PANCAKES RECIPE - DELICIOUS RECIPES
RECIPES – TAGGED "BREAKFAST AND BRUNCH"– PAGE 3 – SPROUD UK
TOFU RECIPES, DISHES & MEAL IDEAS | NEW IDEA FOOD
FLUFFY VEGAN BLUEBERRY PANCAKES - HAPPY FOOD, HEALTHY LIFE
BLENDER SILKEN TOFU PANCAKES - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
TOFU BREKKIE PANCAKES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
HEALTHY TOFU VEGAN PANCAKES FOR BREAKFAST - BELGIAN FOODIE
TOFU PANCAKES RECIPE - JAPAN CENTRE
TOFU-OATMEAL PANCAKES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SAVORY TOFU PANCAKES - MY QUIET KITCHEN
TOFU PANCAKES, FOUR WAYS — MARK BITTMAN
KOREAN TOFU PANCAKE RECIPE! COOKING WITH MOMMY OH
TOFU BREKKIE PANCAKES | RECIPE | TOFU DESSERT, BBC GOOD FOOD …
TOFU PANCAKES RECIPE - JAPAN CENTRE
HONEY TOFU PANCAKES | CANADIAN LIVING
CRISPY TERIYAKI TOFU PANCAKES WITH PLUM SAUCE
TOFU BREKKIE PANCAKES | RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, FOOD, …
VEGAN BREKKIE PB & BERRY PANCAKES RECIPE - KOKO
TOFU BREKKIE PANCAKES RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
TOFU PANCAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE TOFU PANCAKE RECIPE - THE …
TOFU BREKKIE PANCAKES | RECIPE | FLUFFY PANCAKES, EASY BANANA …
SAVOURY PANCAKES WITH SPINACH & VEGIE FILLING - THE NATURAL FOOD …
TOFU BREKKIE PANCAKES | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, BBC GOOD FOOD …
3 KOREAN TOFU RECIPES (PANCAK'D, MUCHIM'D & BRAISED!) - YOUTUBE
RECIPE.PDF - TOFU BREKKIE PANCAKES PREP: 10 MINUTES COOK:...
You'll also love